[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ Weeb edition. Has your campaign e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weeb edition.

Has your campaign ever went full-anime, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
>>
Old Thread: >>47594275
>>
>>47603883
Current Party:
>Sexy monk in very little clothing
>Tentacle monster girl focused on grappling
>Young duelist whose familiar keeps saying lewd things into her mind
>Ditzy bunnygirl paladin focused on healing.
>Sniper girl with magical bullets that has no inhibitions about grabbing asses of people she finds attractive

I'd say we went full anime in character creation, really.
>>
>>47603941
You went full XEBEC
Never go full XEBEC
>>
File: wanpan.jpg (83 KB, 811x878) Image search: [Google]
wanpan.jpg
83 KB, 811x878
>>47603883
It's going full anime as we speak. My party consists of: a plucky lawful good monk who always tries to see the good in people (before kicking their ass in), a magical girl (not the vigilante archetype), a magical sniper, a healing bunnygirl, and a tentacle monster.

After we wrap up this arc, we're rolling new characters, some would argue they're even more anime than before.
>>
>>47603987
what the hell is XEBEC?
>>
>>47603941
>>47603999
Welp
>>
>>47603999
Well, hi there friend! Fancy meeting you here.
>>
What is the funnest class to build? Not even to play.

Mine are paladins. There's so many ways to build them and they're all awesome.
>>
>>47604055
Sorcerer for me. I love playing blasters, and sorcs do it best.

I mean, technically a one level dip in Sorcerer to get +3 to all fire damage dice and then 19 levels of wizard is more optimal, but I find sorcerer's mechanics more fun.
>>
>>47604055
Aegis and Soulknife.

And after several 'stat me's' in this general, I'm sure nobody would argue.
>>
>>47603883
Once one of the PC's had to fight he bad guy brother, and he gave the single most anime pre-battle speech ever. We all give him shit for it to this day.
>>
>>47604009
Anime producer
>>
File: 1365566070907.png (221 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1365566070907.png
221 KB, 1000x700
>>47603883
>Has your campaign ever went full-anime, /pfg/?

When has it never went full anime?
>>
>>47604055
Magus or Monk for me most probably. I've had some good rogue builds as well.
>>
>>47604055
Alchemist, because of the sheer number of stupid builds you can get away with in that class. Fucking Killer Queen is an Alchemist.
>>
>>47603883
PF is a ridiculous game where ridiculous things happen with ridiculous characters, and even when serious things are happening the game still makes it ridiculous. If there has ever been a Pathfinder game that couldn't pass as an anime I've never been present for it.
>>
>>47603941
>>47603999
We got a good few bunnygirls in here. What race are you using for them?
>>
>>47604055
Magus, Inquisitor, Alchemist and Summoner for 1pp. Initiators for 3pp.
>>
>>47604240
It's a custom race. the GM let us have a 25 Race Point buy at character creation, which is part of what resulted in all this madness.
>>
>>47603941
>>47603999
(As a third player in this game it took me a moment to guess who posted what but I think I've got it now)
>>
Hello Everyone! The first play test of The Scholar class is available. Please feel free to view it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The Scholar is a wandering academic, taking samples to further his research in pursuit of ever more lofty heights of knowledge, an intelligence based initiator he makes use of PoW in this pursuit. Can be build in many ways due to the variability of the class features, allowing from everything from an inventor, a bumbling academic, to a crazed surgeon.

The scholar has two main class features, his Harvest Research Material (his recovery mechanic where he may gather material and then expend it for effects) and Research Facility (a mobile fortress where the scholar may perform a variety of tasks). These for in combat and out of combat abilities. At different levels he may choose from a list to improve both of these, Harvest Research Material improving with Anatomical Study and Research Facility improving with Facility Expansions.

Facility expansions vary wildly, but give the Scholar out of combat utility in the form of limited spell like abilities, magic item creation, followers, and other creature comforts. Anatomical analogues include debuffs and status effects the Scholar may spend material on, along with escape features.
>>
File: 3289436.jpg (148 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
3289436.jpg
148 KB, 700x700
>>47604240
Homebrew, everyone in the campaign was allowed to play with the race builder. It's the same bunnygirl in both games because it's the same game. Baye is bae
>>
>>47604258
Care to post said race for our perusal?
>>
>>47603883
Given enough time, any high-fantasy game turns into Slayers.
>>
File: 1443456176579.jpg (16 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1443456176579.jpg
16 KB, 300x378
>>47603941
>>47603999
>tfw I had to re-read multiple times to make sure this wasn't my own game because the characters are so close
>>
>>47604258
>>47604278
uhhh... http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/hengeyokai

Usagis are a thing.
>>
>>47604340
You have to describe your own party now, anon.
>>
>>47604358
We're aware.

We didn't use it. I'm not the bunny player, so I don't know what went into the race, but everybody, even the normal humans, used the race builder with 25 points (basic human counts as 9 points, so we just picked 16 points worth of other crap)
>>
>>47603883
Not really anime at all. My character would be the most anime, but we're pretty near traditional fantasy.

Party is:
>TN Goblin Alchemist/Wizard
>LE Hobgoblin Zealot
>LG Dwarf Cleric
>LN Dwarf Vigilante
>LN Kobold Bard

Weirdest thing about the party is two of the character got married at the end of the last adventure and have had kids during the six month gap (faster gestation times because non humans). I could describe them further if anyone is interested.
>>
>>47604449
I'm guessing it was the goblin and the hobgoblin that had kids, but do go on
>>
>>47603883
Nope. There is one edgey guy trying to be Kirito and solo all the stuff though. But his character isn't well-built and he failed at everything.
>>
>>47603999
>>47604449
Is this the lewd game that was recruiting earlier this year? Two of those PCs sound familiar, and 25rp race buy sounds even MORE familiar.
>>
>>47604622
>That lineup
>In a lewd game
D-Do you still have any openings?
>>
>>47603883
>Shy healer magical girl (vitalist)
>Waitress/burglar (works in a small café and robs houses in free time) (Hidden Blade Rogue)
>Cook from the same café who is secretly training martial arts (Fool's Errand Steelfist Commando) to save his kidnapped sister
>Mad scientist with a zergling familiar (bomber alchemist with a homebrew tinkerish archetype)
>All martials, both PC and NPC, are PoW-enabled
This anime enough?
>>
>>47604576
No the Hobgoblin and the Kobold had kids, not with each other. However the Hobgoblin did end up having a political marriage to a different kobold and used polymorph any object to conceive.

>Bookreader, goblin pilot. He's been a combat engineer for years, has his own construct flying machine, and has a severe hate of other goblinoids due to the fact they threw rocks at him because he read books. This isn't like kid bullying, this happened last week.

>Kernal Esma, middle aged military man. Been a soldier since his teens. Joined the party for the first time to go after a grudge match with the blue kobold matriarch after losing the extra planar dance competition three years running. This newest adventure has forced him to confront his past, which he has not liked looking back on his childhood. The last adventure also netted him a political marriage with one of the daughters of the green kobold matriarch.

>Ardovan is a cleric of Torag who was originally forced out of his home after being forced to perform trial by combat against his own brother. He resurrected him recently, but his brother had gone mad and was enraged about the whole affair. Now he is drifting around not wanting to go back to the dwarves.

>00D is an old revolutionary who joined the party for just this adventure. We don't know much about him except he fought against the oppressive rule of the Dwarven Nobles (essentially dwarves had the hyper rich and the destitute poor) but gave up some 30 years ago. The newest adventure has forced him out of retirment.

>Krik'Nak left kobold lands because life there was terrible and sought real dragons, the kind from legends. On the last adventure, the one Esma joined in on, he ended up becoming a criminal to his own people, hiding away. However he eventually reentered as the mysterious Dancer X and helped Esma defeat the Blue Matriarch and her daughter in the duet duel. He secured the daughter's hand in marriage.

(1/2)
>>
>>47604656
Silly anon, it's a lewd game

Everyone has SEVERAL openings, and they're all in regular use
>>
>>47604110
Even without the stat-mes really.
>>
>>47604656
>>47604622
Nope, not lewd. Occasional sex joke is the best you'll get. This game has also been running for three years. From level 5 to level 16. It's been quite a journey and has had a large cast. In world ~2.5 years has past.

>>47604669
Him and Esma had a falling out over Kobold culture where they cull weak children, Esma really is against this due to how his first wife died along with his child (to the party's knowledge in a "freak dancing accident but Esma killed his wife after she killed the kid). Esma doesn't want to look back at his past because his father was not the kindest individual and Esma eventually ended up killing him, actually at Esma's wife's funeral after he revealed he triggered Esma's wife to kill his daughter (there is a lot more story to this).

The current adventure is in Dwarven Territory. The nobles have been disposed, most killed or subjugated by a group of powerful Rakshasa. As best we can tell they have been given new might beyond the norm by some benefactor. We were sent on a diplomatic mission but have ended up having to hide in the sewers because the entire city has been mind controlled due to the food supply (dwarves had shit agriculture and regular starving seasons, resorted to cannibalism to the point it was ritualized in the culture). Ardovan actually accidentally killed his brother again when he tried to dispel the mind control and revealed that every citizen was also rigged to die on command.

Now we're stuck looking for help in all the wrong places, desperate to leave. Esma's wife was mind controlled and turned to stone. Krik'nak just wants to leave and Bookreader is thinking about making a deal.

Also Esma's negative personality traits which were trapped inside a psicrystal was fed three CR 20 good outsiders and allowed to turn into a colossal psionic construct monster that desperately wants to murder Esma, so it's on a rampage.

A lot of stuff has happened and I think we may all actually die.
>>
>>47604745
Also we have the Monkey's Paw artifact, apparently the Rakshasa lost it, and it imprinted on Esma because he picked it up first. Now he can't use the word "wish" or fear invoking it.

For reference I'm playing Esma that's why I wrote the most about him.
>>
Anyone has a cool Male Samsaran picture?
should I just find a random human picture and filter his skin to blue? [/spoiler
>>
File: 108265.png (56 KB, 325x317) Image search: [Google]
108265.png
56 KB, 325x317
>>47604273
First... Insight bonus is... Well there's a LOT of insight bonuses, you know? A LOT. Especially with psi or pow classes around. Yet another one feels a little 'ugh', and will often be overwritten by higher ones.

The 'research material' entry reads as though a first 1/3 or paragraph was missing. It opens directly into how many you can hold at a time, but does so in a "drawbacks/limitations" fashion, which one expects AFTER you know what the fuck it's about.

What kind of action is that melee touch attack? Why only melee; does this mean a scholar is a "FUCK YOU NO RANGE" class? Why can you only harvest once, but unlimited when it's a corpse, and possibly also only just the once when it's a corpse also?

>"to recovery a number of maneuvers"
>to recovery

>Why would it even matter when you're disecting a corpse. What is even the use here. Combat is over. Or can you NOT recover maneuvers otherwise?

Are you aware cryptics do this knowledge-bonus stuff without having to dissect first? Go read their feats and abilities, you have not done so yet.

The other primary "study target" guy pre-investigator is the Adaptive Warrior, whose entry requirements are kinda nasty BUT is worth quite a bit if you go that route, making for utterly amazing crit-fishers (it's not so much fishing anymore) so you'll want to read that PRC as well.

The research facility is unusable and counter to adventuring. There's a REASON we don't limit alchemists to full labs. It's also ultra-vulnerable, basically an entire set of drawbacks PRETENDING they're a valuable class ability; just fucking begging for it too...

I won't even go into the stuff past this yet; the basic functions need to be fixed before we go into details for the analogues.
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me which classes you would want to have a hybrid class archetype (i.e. barbarians with wildshape, magus with eldritch blast, etc.)
>>
>>47604878
>magus with eldritch blast

Yeah, this one isn't bad.
In fact a Warlock Magus who can change the shape of his blasts while infusing it with a spellstrike is a pretty good class archetype.
>>
>>47604110
I never really understood why people like the Aegis so much. It just seems so...I don't know, like soulknives have great archetypes and tons of blade skills. Aegis is just "wear armor, get bigger, fly someday" it feels like.

Feel free to sell me on the Aegis, but I actually do have a question here: PvP (I know, bad idea already) E6 game set in a flying city with a handful of factions who have to basically kill each other off or starve. Or learn to work together but there are Fundamental Differences and some weird gods involved, so that's, you know, unlikely.

My general stance is that nothing beats rogues in these scenarios because the casters are usually not paranoid/teamwork-oriented enough to have full divination defense systems up all the time, which admittedly is rough at E6, and no one else has much of an answer to the simple Stealth check. Given the terrain being ranged might or might not be an advantage.

DSP and some other shit that doesn't matter (steampunk garbage classes some players like, my plan is to leave them alone if possible because I'm as sad as they are how bad every steampunk class ever written is) and I'm mulling my options. A stalker leaning ranged is obvious. I don't think anyone here has ever actually played with akashic stuff (it's so awesome, imagine if you could have like eight stances up) but a guru is another option, their nonlethal damage output is insane and there's some constructs milling about that turns their nonlethal into just lethal. I wanted to hear /pfg/'s thoughts on the matter.

In a large but ultimately enclosed "arena" with free-for-all PVP warfare, and it's E6, what do you choose and why? What's your plan? Show me your best.
>>
>>47604878
Alchemist/Gunslinger
UC Rogue/Swashbuckler
UC Rogue/Antipaladin
Paladin/Vilderavn
>>
>>47604878
>Barbarian with Wildshape

Eh, I'd prefer Brawler or Monk.

Bloody Roar please.
>>
>>47604924
Vilderavn?
>>
File: Vilderavn.jpg (102 KB, 728x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vilderavn.jpg
102 KB, 728x1000
>>47604932
BEHOLD
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn
>>
File: vilderavn description.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
vilderavn description.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>47604932
>>
File: サラ[剋命の巫女].png (256 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
サラ[剋命の巫女].png
256 KB, 960x800
>>47604910
>Feel free to sell me on the Aegis
The options available to it mechanically allows a lot of fluff options.

You could be Alex Mercer from Protoype
Iron Man, Megaman, Armor from Xmen, a Kamen Rider, Genos from One Punch Man, etc.
>>
>>47604946
>>47604949
Do we have a proper transparencied PNG of this at all?
>>
File: c5e686c323f41b0a8f844d07f80a5020.jpg (494 KB, 1914x1296) Image search: [Google]
c5e686c323f41b0a8f844d07f80a5020.jpg
494 KB, 1914x1296
>>47604946
>>47604949
That's an Antipaladin or a Harbinger if I ever saw one.
>>
>>47604972
More Harbinger than antipaladin, I think. Those hexes can accomplish a lot.
>>
>>47604878
Aegis and Summoner
Standard-action constructs and a lessened eidolon wearing the aegis suit

>>47604910
>I never really understood why people like the Aegis so much

It's like the martial version of the alchemist. The class is incredibly schizophrenic and has so little default flavor, but it's like a block of raw marble compared to the Soulknife's half-finished statue: there's so much POTENTIAL for you to carve into whatever you want.
>>
>>47604878
I'm working on a homebrew archetype actually.

Its an Alchemist with an Eidolon's evolution pool.

He triggers that mutation by imbibing his Mutagen, granting him the extra limbs, wings and other stuff.

Thoughts on such an idea, /pfg/?
>>
>>47604842
I'll give this a look, thanks.
>>
>>47605013
>Aegis and Summoner

Funny you mention, someone from the irc's been working on that
>>
>>47604878
Summoners who give up casting for maneuvers and mounted combat. I know I can be a hussar, I want to ride a fucking dragon. God. In a game called Dungeons & Dragons you would think it would be less CONSTANTLY BULLSHIT to get a hold of the fucking things.

Bloodragers with bloodline wildshapes.

Warlords who learn akashic necromancy so you can be an Indian/Arabian/Egyptian deathknight.

Cryptics with soulknives, but I can't honestly think of a cryptic feature I'd want to give up. I guess their psionics. I know they're called mindblades. I think that's unfortunate.
>>
Current party:

>"Womanizer" played by an autistic asian kid. Super buff and wears a v-neck down to his navel
>Generic rogue
>Generic Bard
>Saboteur/Grenadier Alchemist who anonymously threatens to blow up buildings for ransom ala the Unibomber

I'm disappointed with my party
>>
>>47605051
Could be worse, my party has a "suave" Vampire Vigilante (Warlock) whose Vigilante Identity is a paedophile.

He literally falls back on the "but it's what my character would do!" defence whenever we call him on his shit, and when we try to kick him out of the party, or, you know, arrest/punish him for it, the DM demands we stop the PvP. I've always disagreed with "no game is better than bad game", but I'm starting to tip. Thankfully it doesn't come up often.
>>
>>47604669
>>47604745
>>47604756
Thoughts on the party?
>>
>>47604924
>>47604932
>>47604946
>>47604949
>>47604964
>>47604972
>>47604986
Is there an Antipaladin archetype for acting like a model Paladin until that ONE moment you pull the rug out from under it all? That would be pretty close. Too much of the antipaladin types require a total lack of subtlety and intelligence.
>>
>>47605032
Oh, if you guys haven't seen it yet, the Lords of the Wild playtest has a new Discipline (you shapeshift natural weapons and then use them immediately; it's really cool except for its one broken stance that lets you pick up like eight natural weapons on top of whatever you have already and go death blender) and werewolf rules and a Bloodrager archetype that actually does what I just described, your bloodline is werewolf and all your features help you go Gauru/Crinos.

But there's barely any actual playtesting, so I figure they could use feedback and stuff. I feel like DSP is like that guy everyone's nice to in class because he's so polite but then he throws a party and like three people show up.
>>
>>47605101
An Insinuator can pull it off just fine. Their only restriction is "everything you do must be in the service of your own self-interests". That's a pretty broad umbrella.
>>
>>47605088
That sounds terrible. How the hell is that a good idea? And the vigilante identity is a pedo? What does he just sneak off at night to rape kids or something?

And I just got news that our generic bard is dropping out so I have to shelve the Unibomber character so I can roll a Skald to be the party face instead
>>
>>47605101
You do realize they have "hide alignment" in their spell list right? its exactly there for the purpose you want to do.
>>
>>47605101
Tyrant is good. Their code talks about how they totally can work with good people, to either serve their own ends or bring them down from within.

Nothing ability-wise though. I think Insinuator comes closest, since rather than the badtouch, they can heal themselves. Only themselves though.
>>
Ok, Battle Scion/Warlord Skald focusing on STR and CHA to throw everything into intimidate?

I think it sounds fun to play.
>>
>>47605098
You guys sound pretty fucked. It seems like a solid party, I don't know what you're looking for - decent characters, nothing thrilling, nothing alarming. I like construct pilots but I hate Golarion goblins.

The dancing thing is unusual. Your game seems like it's 25% musical.
>>
>>47605114
Oh, I WISH he "snuck off".

No, every time we meet anyone with a kid, or seek directions from a street urchin, or anything like that, we have to sit through a few minutes of him flirting badly, describing his creepy touching them, and trying to get them to follow him, while the DM just mumbles uncomfortably but won't grow the spine to tell him to stop OR let us do it.

And we can't just AVOID, like... civilization.
>>
>>47605101
Tyrant can do it.

> This does not mean the tyrant can't take actions someone else might qualify as good, only that such actions must always be in service of his own dark ambitions

You help orphan children in order to exploit your relationship to them 10 years in the future etc.

>>47604949
> Hold Greatsword
> Stat block said Falchion
>>
>>47605146
Oh jesus fuck I'm so sorry

How has this dude not ostracized himself from y'all's party yet? Sounds like a total creep
>>
>>47605101
"Antipaladin" should never have even been given a CODE or alignment restriction at all. Being a rigidly inflexible asshole who has to follow arbitrary rules is not the proper counterpart to a Paladin.

With that garbage removed you could even make cool classic shit like being a fallen Paladin who still wants to fight for good in the end. Or just a Paladin-like who refuses to follow the rules, and needs Smite Good to correct an order/cult/religion/god who he believes has strayed too far off course.
>>
Can someone post that image with the stats for Bloodline Havoc/Intensity?
>>
>>47605146
Start killing kid in his watch. Everyone of them. Use "no party PvP" to your defense.
>>
>>47605014
Hey I made a similar class. The concept doesn't seem very fun on paper though
>>
>>47604656
But anon you linked two different games

the first one is a lewd game though
Probably not recruiting
>>
File: Bloodline Power.png (707 KB, 1608x1044) Image search: [Google]
Bloodline Power.png
707 KB, 1608x1044
>>47605196
Save it this time.
>>
>>47605207
Ah, shit, the second was meant to be >>47604371
>>
>>47605207
Whoops meant to reply to >>47604622
>>
>>47604656
maybe? Contact info?

There's 5 players but we're about to finish up an arc and take a break for a few weeks, it'd give a new player time to sort everything out.
>>
Are zealots good? Are void zealots better? I know there was a thing with the guy who wrote it and it's all oogey now, but I mean, it's written and I think a telepathic initiator is a cute idea, even if I wish it was more Warlord/Inquisitor-style teamwork. I'm not great at evaluating stuff. Sleeping Goddess looks...like a straight copypasta of Robert Vance's stuff, minus the best parts (the mindblade supercharging) and not really like other Disciplines. So I guess I should trade some of that out, but if the class itself is busted, there's no point. Anyone played it?
>>
File: ガンダゴウザ.png (214 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
ガンダゴウザ.png
214 KB, 960x800
Rate my homebrew, /pfg/
I call it the Mutation Master Alchemist Archetype.
It gives the Alchemist an Evolution Pool he can spend on Evolutions every time he drinks a mutagen.

http://pastebin.com/09tsv8hh
>>
>>47605451
Wait, the Mutation Mutagen doesn't replace anything? It's just a straight buff to alchemist from what I can see
>>
>>47605507
Yeah, I could nerf or get rid of bombs considering this archetype was designed to RIP and TEAR
>>
>>47605524
Remove bombs.
>>
>>47605531
Done. Here's the fix.
http://pastebin.com/X3U8jfL0
>>
>>47605148
That's in the default code as well.
>>
>>47603883
>>47604878
>>47604958
>>47605451
>>47605584
Where did you get all your pics, anon?
>>
File: エルタ.png (167 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
エルタ.png
167 KB, 960x800
>>47605667
Granblue Fantasy.

Found a download link in a japanese gaming site and got 500 character png images.
No backgrounds. Awesome for making roll20 tokens.
>>
>>47605327
Zealots are pretty neat now even though they've fallen a bit far from their original conception.
Collectives in general are just great mechanics and roleplay.
Move action recovery really gives it something unique, and if you have a good source of healing (Silver Crane, Elemental Flux, etc), you can really indulge in being a 'wireless tank'.

Sleeping Goddess is nicer than you give it credit for as well: it has a lot of neat ideas that make it more fun than most of the PoW1 disciplines, though do be careful you don't get stuck against a load of things immune to mind-affecting.
I particularly like its Unbroken Stride stance, its mind reading strike, and its free-action-teleportation-with-setup boost.
>>
So I my friend is making a oneshot where anything goes, 1pp/3pp/homebrew etc. So I want to make a ranged gun magus and try gesalt. Should I do Wizard(Spellslinger)/Magus(Eldritch Archer) or Gunslinger(X)/Magus(Eldritch Archer) One does more magic the other more gun stuff. The latter is also more MAD unless you go Siege gunner. What do you guys think? Originally I was going to just do a Level dip wizard spellslinger the rest magus eldritch archer but with the option of gesalt I don't have to.
>>
>>47605729
>Gestalt is optional

...What? How does this work?
Are some party members going to be gestalt while others aren't?
>>
>>47605729
Eldritch Archer / Spellslinger

Named Bullet + Disintegrate Combo

Also, just grab Craft Magic Weapons to make a reliable gun that doesn't misfre.
>>
>>47605265
My Skype is Gee-chan if you are interested, but don't feel pressured to invite me if the rest of the group is already fine with the game as it is.
>>
>>47605327
Zealots are EXTREMELY powerful but feel low impact. A creation zealot is able to make his party essentially untouchable. A support focused zealot is the most powerful combat support character in the game, Paizo or DSP.
>>
>>47605733
Not that guy, but we DID have a houserule for gestalt vs non-gestalt players.

"Every level up, you either grab 2 levels of 1 class or 1+1 level of 2 different classes."

This puts pure classes on par with gestalt classes. In that a pure class would have better BAB and saves and faster class feature progression, while a gestalt would have more varied options.
>>
>>47605764
Mechanically false.

A pure caster would wreck shit than a gestalt caster since they'll get spells sooner.
>>
>>47605783
>Wizard/Warder/Bladecaster
>Sorcerer/Warlord/Bladecaster
>Psion/Warder/Awakened Blade
>>
>>47605764
Only for the first few levels, then the gestalt character will be too far behind to be very useful at anything.
>>
>>47605783
...What?

Do you understand how Gestalt works?
>>
>>47605764
>This puts pure classes on par with gestalt classes.

Holy fuck, no it doesn't.
That just sounds like a mess to balance.
A gestalt character absolutely isn't worth two characters.
They're closer to maybe one and a half.

Unless you account for very specific combinations, during any one turn a PC can only be one class at a time and they'll fall behind hard in combat.
>>
>>47605783
Excuse me? Do you know what gestalt is?
>>
>>47604878
Aegis and Soulknife: Party's Psychic Crafter edition (tons of temporary gear, like an armorist that doesn't suck, and of course the ability to make some more permanent stuff)

Aegis and Soulknife: Living Weapon Edition
>None of the crafting, bit less utility/manifesting; all artillery all the time
>>
>>47605801
>>47605806
Gestalt Cleric 3/Wizard 3 has just gotten access to 2nd level spells. Wizard 6 is on 3rd. This gap only grows.
>>
>>47605806
>>47605801
>"Every level up, you either grab 2 levels of 1 class or 1+1 level of 2 different classes."
Unless I'm completely misreading this, you'd have 3rd level gestalt character in a 6th level party.
>>
>>47605801
>>47605803
>>47605806
Poorly worded:

Every level up, a pure class either gets 2 levels worth of class features, while a gestalt gets 1+1 levels of 2 classes' features.
>>
>>47605820
The Strategos Soulknife PrC can hand out temp weapons (and shields, and armour, with the right bladeskills). I would love to see a feat or something (or maybe even just a class feature) that let them do the same with their Suit.
>>
>>47605825
Either you're still wording it poorly, or it's exactly the same as what you just said.

It's still a stupid idea and shows you have no clue how power scaling in pathfinder works.
>>
>>47605825
Hmm. So did you have anyone retarded enough to take gestalt, since in this case its strictly inferior to "normal?"
>>
>>47605830
I've been toying with this idea for an Ectopic Artisan Aegis / PsyArm Soulknife / Strategos

Basically a guy who makes weapons and armor for his psychic golem.
>>
>>47604910
The biggest draw of the Aegis is not the Aegis itself, it is every other class you pair it with.

The Aegis is a support framework, that can work on its own, but shines brightest (we're not talking 'like potato' here, we're talking fusion 'energy release' incidents) when used to fill up all the holes in your "real build".

The Aegis is what turns your stalker into a huge weapon stalker that decloaks in mid-air to unleash hell.

The Aegis is what turns your Reactor Knight into a full-on initiator, backing the overdrive boosts with true strikes and stances, while also making your mech count as even bigger and offering some bonus defenses.

The Aegis is what lets your Fighter go "yeah I can burrow, who the fuck can't?"

The Aegis saves you a bit of money, while opening up your available mobility and sensory options, AND allows you to pack bigger weapons to boot, which is *always* a great addition to any martial build.

As you can imagine though, an Aegis is shooting your full-manifester or full-caster in the fucking foot under most circumstances (they work great with initiators), but for martials they're a hell of a pairing.
>>
>>47605860
>As you can imagine though, an Aegis is shooting your full-manifester or full-caster in the fucking foot under most circumstances

I've been begging DSP for an Aegis version of the Gifted Blade archetype for god knows how long.
>>
>>47605859
I've played that exact character from 6-12

Aegis 6, Soulknife 4, Strategos 2 (Literally got to use Bladed Collective in one single session before the game collapsed)

You're in for a good time
>>
>>47605874
>not begging for a WarAegis instead
>>
How much damage does a colossal greatsword do?

Can I actually use Shadow Conjuration into Storm of Blades to throw 5 colossal greatsword, free of charge?

Obviously after I use Shadow Enchantment into Hold Person on him. He is gonna die anyway.
>>
>>47605889
I played with the idea.
The problem I fear is becoming a sitting duck since I have no weapons or armor of my own.
>>
>>47605902
You can get initiator levels for a feat, damn it.
>>
>>47605889
>6 levels of Aegis
Why though? Student of the Astral Suit gives you 7 levels to play with for 3 levels of Aegis.
>>
>>47605930
You need 10 effective levels to get max enhancement bonus out of the Aegis customs.
>>
>>47605947
Nobody needs those.
Once you're that level, you craft the +6 wondrous item and use your customization points for something else.
>>
File: Plate of the Juggernaut.jpg (196 KB, 560x608) Image search: [Google]
Plate of the Juggernaut.jpg
196 KB, 560x608
>>47605930
>>47605947
There's also this
>>
I really need help building a captain of a ship of pirates or corsairs. I want my PC seems like Khayr al-Dīn( Redbeard the corsair), he was a great warrior a great sailor( and,of couse,capatain), he knows how to lead his men in battle or in stealthy ambush. His legend scares men and soldiers.
I' m thinking about the dragon skald archetype. I have problems with stats,25 point build, race, i want him to be a human or an human-like( like aasimar) and feat( on an hipotetycal 20 levels build)
Can you help me?
>>
>>47605907
You...have tons of weapons, you're a PsyArm. You also still have your base Suit, all its free customizations, and probably a small handful of points you kept back to keep yourself safe.

>>47605930
Literally because I wanted to. Not every choice needs to be optimal, and I just fucking felt like taking every Aegis level I could get away with.
>>
Anyone have that clean image of the empyrean coming out of the gate?
>>
>>47604878
Gunslinger with Sorcerer.
Aka gunslinger with a class that can give it the spells it needs to actually do it's job properly.
>>
File: Tiefling_Gunner.jpg (438 KB, 1280x1761) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling_Gunner.jpg
438 KB, 1280x1761
>>47606517
psst

hey, anon

psst.

Wanna check out some Eldritch Archer Magus?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/eldritch-archer-magus-archetype
>>
>>47606533
I am playing an eldritch archer magus, in a game currently actually.
Doesn't mean I wouldn't want another way to do it, especially since you still want some features off the gunslinger, and some sorc spells would be a lot of help to you as well. For example abundant ammunition,
>>
>>47606558
True enough, though the Magus Arcana that lets you cherry pick off the wizard list can cover that particular spell.
>>
>>47606517
Try playing a Paladin that uses guns, once you get revolvers they can shoot down even Epic Level Handbook abominations without too much trouble.
>>
>>47606592
>once you get revolvers
Good luck finding a dm that will allow them.
>>
I am running the Jade Regent campaign for my boyfriend. We treat most combat as 'sexy' combat where hp=clothing. One can choose to cause damage, but it mostly it ends up like CoC. I enjoy harems, so his caravan is full of interesting characters that he picks up along the way. I also genderbent any of the male caravan companions. So, strip fighting hot oni, monster and ninja girls then sometimes convincing them to be in harem to sum it up. This campaign has been the farthest I have gotten in an adventure path at book #3. So yeah. It's kinda gone full Monster Masume with tons of sex, but we just roll with it.
>>
>>47606517
Now, see, what I'd want is a Gunslinger/Sorc who uses their guns as a focus for their magic to become superb blasters, and rather than needing to reload in combat teleports multiple guns in and out of a pocket dimension.

Give something like that to Fighter, too, only for swords and armor.

Requip is the best thing in Fairy Tail and I will shill it like the shameless weaboo I am.
>>
>>47606621
This is actually part of the reason to go with an Eldritch Archer Magus as >>47606533 suggests. you get a free gun without having to spend the gold on it, so if there's any guns in the setting your GM is rolling with, you can likely get away with a revolver or pepperbox rifle.

The Gunsmithing feat, Amateur Gunslinger (Quick Clear), and a gunsmithing kit then solve the most common problems you encounter with maintaining your weapon, and you can pick up Spell Blending to get Abundant Ammunition, as well as the ability to reload like once every 3 or 4 round as a move action, which isn't really a problem for most characters, particularly those not operating in melee.
>>
>>47606646
If you have a revolver you just need rapid reload and it makes it a free action to reload the whole gun.
Without rapid reload it is a move to reload teh whole gun.
And with EA magus you can fire off three rounds in a single full round attack if you pick up rapid shot. Since you are attacking touch the -4 ab doesn't really matter to you.
>>
>>47606665
Yes, but Rapid Reload isn't necessary for the first couple levels - because move action reload is actually pretty decent when you can get away with reloading four to six bullets per reload.
>>
>>47606687
You will want it by the time you hit level 3 at a minimum, between rapid shot and spell combat you will be shooting off a lot of rounds, and you will want to be full round attacking as often as possible,
>>
>>47606703
... unless you don't have rapid shot because it's two feats in and you need to spend the feats on other shit?

Seriously, you can get by on one shot per turn with an EAM
>>
>>47605747
You know we're going to heckle you endlessly for this m8?
>>
>>47605874
It's there, just not an archetype. Strongest way to play them "pure", actually. Check out the "Harness Power Stone" customization and its sequels
>>
>>47605903
Medium Greatsword 2d6
+2 steps for medium or bigger, per size-up

Large: 3d6
Huge: 4d6
Gargantuan: 6d6
Colossal: 8d6
+2 Size ups past colossal from Hyperdense Materials IV: 16d6
And then virtual size-ups because FUCK. YEAH.

overall every TWO size ups (so four steps) doubles the damage. there are adjustments (see the FAQ,etc) for "nonstandard" values, as the main chart things get put on goes, 2d>3d>4d>6d>8d>12d>16d>24d>32d>48d>64d and so on and so forth.

Of particular size value are d10s, which increase to 2d8 EACH (so a large railgun is 6d8)
and d12, which COUNT as 2d6 (upgrading straight to 3d6 into the chart and going from there)

One odd/annoying thing: Your reach will NOT increase, NOR will projectile sizes or the lines they trace be affected RAW, even though that Colossal-III Railgun slug would basically be a Huge object or the like!

On the other hand it also means nothing prevents you wielding your colossal blade in that 5ft corridor. If the GM wants to do something about it, you're going to have to get a homebrewed compromise (don't let him have it both ways!), and your machinegun might start clearing very large paths indeed.
>>
Is Iron Gods any good?
And can I adapt the contents therein as inspiration for my own space adventures?
>>
File: black-dog.jpg (23 KB, 334x450) Image search: [Google]
black-dog.jpg
23 KB, 334x450
I really need help building a captain of a ship of pirates or corsairs. I want my PC seems like Khayr al-Dīn( Redbeard the corsair), he was a great warrior a great sailor( and,of couse,capatain), he knows how to lead his men in battle or in stealthy ambush. His legend scares men and soldiers.
I' m thinking about the dragon skald archetype. I have problems with stats,25 point build, race, i want him to be a human or an human-like( like aasimar) and feat( on an hipotetycal 20 levels build)
Can you help me?
(we use Commonplace Guns rule.)
>>
>>47607080
>Is Iron Gods any good?
It's not great, but it's above par. Good enough to run it and have fun with it.

>And can I adapt the contents therein as inspiration for my own space adventures?
Definitely. You should also pick up the Distant Worlds and Technology Guide books. the Tech Guide is rather... badly written, so readjust the prices of different items in there if you want that shit to actually work, but it and the other books are good launching points.
>>
File: 1464736971702.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464736971702.webm
1 MB, 640x360
What would you think of a ranger with this?
>>
>>47607122
Is homebrew allowed?
>>
>>47607229
nope
>>
>>47607348
3pp?
>>
>>47607356
nope, all official manuals.
>>
>>47607422
Well just make him a damn cleric then.
Strong in melee, Strong at magic, good defenses and divinations, so someone ACTUALLY intimidating to know about.
>>
>>47607452
>pirate
>cleric
>>
>>47607513
Cleric of Besmara.
Besmara is literally the pirate goddess of pirates.
>>
>>47607155
Oh sweet, thanks brah

I have to say, this timeworn business can fuck the right off
>>
>>47607523
>playing in Golarion
>>
>>47607525
Don't forget to use the material from Arcforge, and then tell us about your experiences with it! That shit needs playtesting.
>>
>>47607525
It's the cheapest "lol NPCs can get cool toys but you can't" copout ever.

Also ALL tech is basically double the price it should be, and that's when it's purely emulating something that already exists (like a skill bonus).

I was calculating the cost of mounting a gargantuan railgun to a ship earlier... That would be 240k just for the three size-up doublings.
>>
>>47607452
i really hate cleric, and she has really poor skills, a pirate need acrobatics, diplomacy, bluff, knowledge( local), profession( sailor), intimidate + perception and stealth.
>>
>>47607571
Be an inquisitor of Besmara.
>>
>>47607571
Slayer
Savage Technologist

Use an Ogre Hook re-fluffed as a giant anchor
>>
>>47607615
cavalier Cockatrice 2/ inquisitor 18, it can work
>>
>>47605846
>>47605825
>it's been 12 years since Unearthed Arcana was printed and there's still people with absolutely no idea how gestalt works
>>
>>47607541
Where are the rules for that?
>>
>>47607742
It's not even like it's hard, just level up in two classes at the same time and take the highest number between them.
>>
>>47607742
Well, the rules haven't been Pathfinderized, so they aren't in the PFSRD, so people don't find the rules.
>>
>>47605681
Can you link that collection? I like these pics and want to use them pretty much the same way.
>>
>>47607966
They're on the d20srd, though, so that's hardly an excuse. It's even the first result when you google 'Gestalt D&D'.
>>
>>47607840
Here's the GitP thread for it:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?452172-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-quot-Arcforge-Technology-Expanded-quot
>>
>>47604055

Zweihander Sentinel for me.

You can build anything from a zippy spearman to a big-ass maul wielder.
>>
File: 3030002000_02full.png (196 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
3030002000_02full.png
196 KB, 960x800
>>47605667
Just go to the jap gbf wiki and save shit.
>>
>>47605265

Is this the campaign with 25 PB at level 10 with 20 RP races?

Because I could've sworn two people already called spots in that campaign as a buddy/buddy dual-app featuring a hyper-voluptuous Tiefling skald and her grumpy knight guardian.
>>
File: sinkhole-992x453.jpg (102 KB, 992x453) Image search: [Google]
sinkhole-992x453.jpg
102 KB, 992x453
Dropping Urgir, capital of the Orcish Hordes onto Zirnakaynin, the Drow Heartlands, gutting two of the major evil races in the setting of their greatest city and cultural identity.

Good aligned act or evil aligned act?
Equally important, Good idea? Bad idea?
>>
>>47604360
Sorry, went to sleep. But the party is
>ranged bunnygirl that has no inhibitions about grabbing asses of people she finds attractive
>Young duelist whose familiar keeps saying lewd things into her mind (not actually a duelist, but pretty close)
>Tentacle monster paladin focused on healing
>Metamorph alchemist that has no inhibitions about grabbing asses of people she finds attractive
>Sexy dragongirl in very little clothing

It's not identical, but close enough that I had to do a double-take to make sure it wasn't the same game.
>>
File: 3020057000_02.png (61 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
3020057000_02.png
61 KB, 720x600
>>47605667
Turn on google translate for these:
http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BF%CD%CA%AAR
http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BF%CD%CA%AASR
http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BF%CD%CA%AASSR
http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BE%A4%B4%AD%C0%D0SSR
>>
>>47608226
Evil act, bad idea.
>>
>>47608217
>>47608272

I don't even know what is or is not intentionally lewd anymore.
>>
>>47608226
Good act.
Best idea.

Do it faggot. Then sing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VDuLiqCmDE
As you ride a wave of molten rock and death down into the Darklands, possibly while flipping the double bird.
>>
>>47608226
Short-term devastation and fighting leading to long-term evil conquering empire more powerful than either was before. And they'd have lots of motivation to want to conquer everyone.
>>
>>47607222
Lazy fucker.
>>
>>47608357
That one's intentionally lewd.
>>
>>47608357

The first one is for an explicitly ERP campaign, and the other one's so explicit it's either just very tongue-in-cheek, or outright ERP.
>>
>>47608406
Long term evil empire?
From where? The fucking devastated ruins 30 miles down the sink hole, under a million tons of rock masonry?

It would be double genocide and it'd be perfectly good aligned.
>>
>>47608226

Anything that destroys Objective Evil is obviously Objectively Good.
>>
>>47607969
Seconded.
>>
>>47608454
My railgun is objectively good!
>>
>>47607122
>Khayr al-Dīn
Going by the picture, that's a weird way of typing LeChuck anon.
>>
>>47608675
If your strength is X and you only use your sword against evil, you can certainly say it's a sword that does 1d6 +X against evil creatures!
>>
File: Hellodarkness.jpg (33 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Hellodarkness.jpg
33 KB, 500x386
>>47607742
>I will never get to play a gestalt game
>my group /STILL DOESN'T GET IT/ even though I've tried to explain that shit three times
>this is the same group that doesn't seem to want to put in any effort to figure out PoW, even when I have all the resources put together for it
>I will /NEVER/ get to play any of the gestalt combos I have stashed away
>I will never get to play an Oracle||Warlord or Stalker||Vigilante

Just fuck my shit up familia
>>
File: pose.png (548 KB, 687x1026) Image search: [Google]
pose.png
548 KB, 687x1026
Strike POSES with me, /pfg/!

So in the midsts of our asses getting swarmed by Dolgrim Titan Maulers, my Fey Trickster cohort managed to appear with reinforcements! What would be a strong opening to help shake off the enemies surrounding our currently blinded Warder? I was thinking of lobbing Babble at them so they would be too stupified at the babbler before they can continue to lynch him, but there might be better options on the table. What do?
>>
>get an Anchoring AoMF
>become the immovable monk
>>
>>47609062
>sharding
>throwing
>returning
>>
>>47608752

There are quite a few gestalt campaigns out there right now, anon.

In fact, there is a Wrath of the Righteous campaign using Path of War and Gestalt available *right now* on Roll20!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/26966/wrath-of-the-righteous-gestalt
>>
>>47608854

The longer you can get enemies to waste turns, the sooner the Warder can get back online to kick some serious ass.

Holy *SHIT* those hips are unreal.
>>
Is there a specific book with tian xia lore or do I have to comb through several of them?
>>
>>47609109
>applying to games through roll20
>voice only with people I don't know beforehand

being a textfag is suffering
>>
>>47608854
I've always been a fan of Hydraulic Push/Hydraulic Torrent/Decanter of Endless Water, because bull rushing enemies at range is one thing, but they're going to be soaked as well as just a cherry on top.
>>
Where can I find Mythic Psionics?
Or, for that matter, stuff not on the trove in general?
>>
>>47609176

Just learn how to talk to strangers, nigga, it ain't hard.

Grab a beer and get a little buzz, it helps.
>>
Can I use simulacrum to create robot?

My psychic just get the amplification to upload his mind into robot. I wanna be an Annihilator.
>>
>>47609248
>Simulacrum creates an illusory duplicate of any creature.
Doesn't have to be living, so RAW yes, you can create a simulacrum of a robot.
>>
File: peek.png (76 KB, 953x646) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76 KB, 953x646
>>47609119
>>47609208
Sadly Helen is lacking any of those things presently, hence why I was originally thinking of Babble. At a DC 22, it should have a pretty solid chance to stupefy everything else in range for roughly 8 rounds or so (as long as the Babbler keeps babblin'; if he stops then the spell is broken). Unfortunately this also means our Warder since he's blinded for the round, not deafened; it's a good thing Will is a good save on Warders, but still.

I'd have Elsbeth drop a Glitterdust on them since they're all cluttered up on our Warder friend, but she's presently trying to Dismiss a Warped One who's giving our Warpriest some grief. Warped One also kind of has top priority since it has at least 5 levels in Titan Mauler, much like everything else quickly surrounding us.
>>
Okay, I asked this last thread but something new.
School Savant Arcanist
Still worth going pure int if my race gets +2 int and cha?
>>
>>47609221
But I might as well look for a meatspace game if I wanted that, anon.

It doesn't help that the last few times I tried to play on roll20 I got dudebro "kinetecist is OP bro, I can blast ALL DAY"-tier players.
>>
File: 1453747568769.jpg (398 KB, 1010x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453747568769.jpg
398 KB, 1010x1200
Ok /pfg/, name the 2 most synergic spell schools!
>>
File: 1422543606485.jpg (61 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1422543606485.jpg
61 KB, 800x450
>>47604878
Gunslinger/Alchemist, basically a gunslinger with bombs and alchemical know-how to play a grenadier/gadget guy.

Brawler/Barbarian, ragepunch be Asura
>>
>>47609479
Also, Fighter with a Black Blade as a bladebound magus, go fuck shit up with your swordbro. I actually wrote one up a ways back but never tried it out.

-Fighter archetype that gets a Black Blade sentient sword (see Bladebound Magus Archetype) at 5th level, with the following changes. This Black Blade's arcane pool is equal to half the Fighter's class level plus its own intelligence modifier, and rather than Black Blade strike it can use these points to give itself a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls for one minute. This bonus increases by +1 every four levels thereafter. Alternatively, provided the sword has at least a +1 enhancement bonus (either already in place on the sword or from the arcane pool) and enough remaining enhancement bonus for equivalency, the Black Blade can have any of the following enchantments: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal. At 13th level, the Black Blade receives the benefits of the Devoted Blade Magus Arcana instead of Transfer Arcana. At 20th level, the Fighter receives the benefits of Weapon Master with his black blade. These changes replace and modify Weapon Training and Weapon Mastery.
>>
>>47609518
>more classes with a Black Blade archetype

YES. PLEASE.
>>
>>47609518
Black Blade Warlord when?
>>
>>47604055
Summoner. Just build that Eidson any way you like.

My favorite is skilldolons.
>>
>>47609432
Divination and Conjuration.
Duh.
>>
Is Sylphu lover here?
You interested in a .pdf of Psionic Bestiary?
>>
>>47604878
>A Magus/Sorcerer archetype that DOESN'T SUCK TOTAL DICK
>mixed extract-brewing and casting, hexing Alchemist/Witch archetype
>Paladin/Oracle. So the Champion of the Faith archetype, except all features are Cha-based now
>>
>>47609432
Conjuration and Transmutation.
They synergize by solving every problem with either one or the other.
>>
File: Please, no more.png (111 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
Please, no more.png
111 KB, 417x234
>>47606626
>that everything

Sounds like you two are having a grand ol' time, and that sounds exactly like something my GM would pull with the character I have set up. Maybe if we decide to play Jade Regent I should mention this.
Enchantment specced Kitsune Sorcerer
>>
>>47609348
Unless you use exploits that scale with CHA (you probably don't), there's no point in pushing that stat at creation. Though you don't want to dump it too hard, because you'll want more uses of Consume Spells at higher levels.
>>
>>47606626
>I also genderbent any of the male caravan companions.

There are literally only two male caravan companions; Gypsy Man and Ulfen Guide.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>>47609935
>>47606626

>my face whenever a player takes me aside and asks if I want to do some roleplay for character development and inter-party relationships

Why does it always end with lewd? Why?
>>
File: Villy Test.png (615 KB, 688x966) Image search: [Google]
Villy Test.png
615 KB, 688x966
>>47604964
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn

Here's a very quick transparency. Maybe someone else can do it better if they care to spend time on it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-04+at+09.38.58).jpg (317 KB, 738x912) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-04+at+09.38.58).jpg
317 KB, 738x912
This thing from the Psionic Bestiary is kinda lewd.
>>
>>47610230

Those aren't rape tentacles, so it's not lewd at all.

You can't stick those inside an orifice without pulling out the insides.
>>
Baleful Shadow Transmutation can turn target into humanoid and change their alignment accordingly?

Why shouldn't I change everyone I met into a LG good Werebear?
>>
>>47607969
>>47608476
Bit unorthodox, but if you're signed up with E-Hentai you can download them from there-
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/857194/6fad3850a2/
>>
>>47610113
>a player asks if I want to do side RP between our PCs
>it winds up being lewd
>GM asks if I want to do side RP with an NPC for character development
>half the time it winds up being lewd
>mfw I never did anything lewd before this, no idea how to tell when things are about to go to lewd

Sometimes I really hate being shounen protag-tier dense.
>>
>>47610479
>Be half-orc zealot in quest to revive dead waifu
>Mfw the other two members in the party are female
>Mfw accidentally innuendo'ed the witch by boasting my zealot could go "all day long"
>Mfw the paladin is in tsundere mode already, blushing at the lewds my half-orc was saying
>Mfw I hadn't noticed the double sense until the DM pointed it out to me.
>>
>>47610535
ALLDAY
LLDAYA
LDAYAL
DAYALL
AYALLD
YALLDA
>>
>>47610535
>being the only guy in the party
>rest of the party is women
>tfw you are also technically the "oldest" PC in the party, despite being a half elf among longer-lived races
>your mother is an elf, and when the party meets her she loudly asks which girl her son is dating
>it's none of them, because they're all no-nonsense mercenary types save for the PC that hasn't even joined yet
>>
What's the best school for an arcanist to school savant into? Should I just play an exploiter wizard?
>>
>>47610666
>EW no he's old
>Says the 80 year old dwarf
>>
Why is /pfg/ obsessed with "lewdness"? I never understood the idea of coming to the gaming table for sex. I've played with female people, never even had slight romantic interest in them. Certainly did not want to ERP with my fellow neckbeards.

I don't know, it just seems pointless.
>>
>>47610751
School Savant >>>>>>>>> Exploiter Wizard.

Divination is extremely solid. A lot of people around here say it gives the best school powers.
Conjuration, being the most powerful school, is also a good pick because of the extra spells prepared the Arcanist likes.
>>
>>47610828

We're thirsty motherfuckers that like the mental image of our pure cleric girls getting fucked by tough men or rough beasts.

This is like asking why women love trashy romance novels.
>>
>>47610828
Because this is 4chan, and a lot of us are lonely.

Plus, people can actually write pretty good smut, man.
>>
File: 1457325044301.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457325044301.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>47610828
>>
>>47610828
People enjoy stories about that which interests them.

Sex is inherently interesting to a wide variety of people.

TTRPGs are a form of interactive storytelling.

That said, the majority of games don't actually go beyond cute relationship stuff - you don't describe sex for instance. most female characters don't even have their breast size described unless it's for a joke or reference of some kind, and that's a pretty visible sexual characteristic. Fade-to-Black happens decently often, though.

I was once in a game that did go there, though. Six girls apparently get up to way more lewd than guys.
>>
>>47610848
I may go Foresight then and grabbed Improved Initiative and a Initiative Familiar for an easy +12 at level 1.

Or I could just go foresight then grab Spell Focus (Transmutation) and Mage's Tattoo (Transmutation) then get that trait that gives +1 CL to transmutation spells.

A transmuter with divination support. A Conjurer would also be strong. I'll have to give it some thought.
>>
File: aria.gif (513 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
aria.gif
513 KB, 500x281
>>47610874
>>
>>47610479

Nine times out of ten, if you're playing a male character (especially an exotic race) and the propositioning player has a female character, it's probably going to end up lewd.

It's not hard to see happen, can you describe your character and the (N)PCs they got involved with? We could probably have a gay old time pointing out the red flags.
>>
>>47610828
ERP is to porn what TTRPGs are to video games. You can have fun with one, but sometimes you want something that you actually take part in as opposed to just experiencing.
>>
>>47610877
>>47610874
I solve my loneliness with VNs. I generally don't bring it into RPGs.

>>47610899
I mean the majority of games likely, but not the majority of games /pfg/ players are involved with. The stories seem constant.
>>
>>47610934
>The stories seem constant.
/pfg/ attracts a certain kind of player.
>>
>>47610899
>>47610828

Expanding on this, people want EROTICISM, not necessarily smut.

This means while people might want to get naked or have sex with the werewolf, they won't be necessarily interested in describing all the filthy little details. It's the thrill of the scene, not necessarily the typefucking itself.
>>
>>47603883

I made a gnome synthesist summoner that acted like a cliche anime character, and his summon was a mech suit that appeared and he put on after a bunch of flashy poses.

He acted like speed racer basically.
>>
>>47610934

We're two clicks away from anal videos or drawings of video-game characters getting mounted by dogs. The people that visit this website are typically so desensitized to smut that the prospect of it coming up in a campaign does not faze them.

Like, I'd be totally fine with any one of my characters getting involved in a steamy romp with an NPC or PC, not because I'm a thirsty fuck but because, and I imagine this is similar for everyone else here, I just don't have a problem with ERP because it's just like any other form of RP, only lewder.

The taboo or shame just isn't there anymore.
>>
>>47606703
Fun fact: according to RAW, Rapid Shot doesn't work with Spell Combat. Spell Combat is a specific fullround action, whereas RS specifically mentions full-attack.

Two weapon fighting, however, works just fine with Ranged Spell Combat. Especially if you go Hexcrafter and take the Prehensile Hair hex so you can dual wield pistols and still rapid reload them as a free action...
>>
File: GGElphOops.png (87 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
GGElphOops.png
87 KB, 200x200
>>47610828
>>47610920
I didn't get into pathfinder for lewd, it just keeps happening anyway. Especially with the group I'm in right now. No matter what my character is, someone in the party will want to lewd them. Sometimes it makes sense, other times it does not. Enchantment focused Kitsune Sorcerer that doesn't wear a shirt normally? I can see that. The NEET half-elf alchemist that was living in his mother's basement after his wife died from plague? I... Huh?
>>
>>47611015
Honestly I separate real life and 4chan. What one does anonymously on the internet and what one is ok with in real life should not be the same in my mind.

Honestly it's not so much the fact ERP exists. It's the obsession with it, especially on /pfg/. I've seen it when I recruit out of /pfg/ for games (stopped doing that because honestly most players here are awful), but there is a lot of blatant fetish characters. I'm not even talking about characters I can interpret as fetishy, but ones that I have a hard time justifying are not simply for the person to fap with.
>>
>>47611037

That last one makes sense though, who wanted to lewd him?

It sounds like a classic "help a lost cause back on his feet" kinda deal, a pity project with plenty of sex.
>>
>>47611063
>Honestly I separate real life and 4chan. What one does anonymously on the internet and what one is ok with in real life should not be the same in my mind

I was agreeing with that, if you told me you wanted to word-fuck my character in my IRL group id tell you to get the fuck away from me. But in an online group? If you've got a good scene in mind with a solid reason for the lewd, I'm all ears.

As for your other point, I've never seen much reason for blatant fetish characters. A holy knight charged with defending a damsel or a barbarian woman with an axe to grind is far more compelling as a character, and a sex partner (felt weird typing that), than some shota tentacle cavalier or acid-jizz futa tiefling.

I like smut with characters that actually feel real, I find cardboard fuck toys boring.
>>
>>47611063
>(stopped doing that because honestly most players here are awful
Everyone says this but I haven't heard any neat horror stories yet.
>>
File: 1447176790661.png (714 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
1447176790661.png
714 KB, 600x918
>>47611128
>acid-jizz futa tiefling
>>
>>47610902
You could also grab Spell Focus (Divination) and take Arithmancy, letting you get a +1 CL on all spells if you're willing to take a bit of time to decode them.
>>
>>47611072
Here is an example of a character description someone wanted to lewd:

Wind burn skin stretches across an old man's face, his brow pronounced and his eyes heavy lidded. The faintest stubble of hair covered a dark brown scalp and beady watery red eyes look out from sunken sockets. His nose is large and hooked and his chin weak. His cloth are made for someone used to a hot and humid environment, his chest exposed to show every rib and a fuzz of course chest hair covering him. Pronounced veins and tendons stand out from his hands, covered in old nicks and scars. Another scar goes from his jaw line down his neck, and two more horizontally across his chest.

He was a 76 year old man who was obsessively cleanly and had lived most of his life in a swamp catching and experimenting with medicine.

Like seriously?
>>
>>47611130
Because they aren't fun horror stories, they're just sad, boring, and unfun.

>>47611165
We're level 1, can't grab it till 3.
>>
>>47611072
He's like, 25~ or so, and an 18 year old human barbarian wanted to drag him to her room. That PC's player had do drop out for a while so that PC isn't in the group anymore.

He's also a Promethean Alchemist/Preservationist
>>
Quick rules question: if I take five levels as an Ambush Hunter Ranger (6 maneuvers known, 4 readied, 2 stances, max 2nd level) and then one level as a stalker...

...do I now have a completely separate and recovered separately pool of 6 known, 4 readied, and 1 stance, and all of those can be 3rd level?
>>
>>47610751
Conjuration (Teleportation subschool)
Evocation (Admixture subschool)
Divination
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.