[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 177
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 24
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

Thanks to said superpowers, I've been dragged into all sorts of horrible situations, the latest of which involves a masked thief who wanted revenge against me for killing a friend of his.

But that dumbass went and killed himself my accident so now I'm free to go back to my usual daily life. Finally.

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: charlotte_orendilaran.png (2 MB, 1225x1865) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_orendilaran.png
2 MB, 1225x1865
We remain in the kitchen while my mother gathers up her purse and the keys to her rental car and everything that she'll need for her impromptu shopping trip. And once she finally leaves, Charlotte lets out the longest sigh ever.

"Cecile..." she groans, "I can't believe you actually went and got your mother involved in that stupid bet."
"What's wrong with that?" I ask, feigning innocence. "You have to cook for me and she loves cooking."
"Yeah, but I didn't plan on having to cook for EVERYONE," Charlotte replies. "Now I have even more pressure on me."
"Eh, it'll turn out fine," I say, patting her on the back. "Don't worry so much."
"You're only saying that because you're not the one who has to actually -do- this," she grumbles.

While she's busy sulking, I give her a quick peck on the cheek before making my own way out of the kitchen.

"Hey, where are you going?" Charlotte calls out.

>private conversation with mine father
>bring the charlotte along
>>
>>47566511
let the char out of this.. for now.
>>
>47566511
>>
>>47566511
>>
>>47566511
>"Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the kitchen so you don't make novice mistakes"

By the way arch, I recently went binging on other quests and learned that your waifu wars were actually nothing too horrible.
>>
>>47566511
>>private conversation with mine father
>>
>>47566687
There are quests that actually had is worse than PGQ?
>>
>>47567070
PGQ had it easy compared to some.
>>
>>47566511
>>
>>47566687
You had to have actually been there.

>writing
>>
File: cecile_bishakalaka.png (340 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_bishakalaka.png
340 KB, 900x1600
"I'm gonna go bug my father," I reply. "And I think you've suffered enough for now so wasn't gonna drag you along with me."
"Er, how considerate of you?" Charlotte shrugs.
"I'll try not to be too long, so you can just stay in here or on the living room or wherever, okay?"
"Sure," Charlotte nods. "I should probably check on Gabrielle, anyways."

I give a little wave and then move along towards the stairs, moving up them as quietly as I can. And as I pass by the upstairs bathroom, I hear the sound of the shower running inside... I guess Irene's still washing her hair. Man, it must really suck to have to do that every time she grows a new body for herself.

But ignoring that, I continue on to my parents' closed bedroom door...

>barge in like some kind of kool-aid man
>knock like a polite lady
>>
>>47567111
Last thread, you mentioned that your favorite food used to be Kraft dinners. I'm honestly surprised you didn't say PAMCAKES or TURKEY LEGS.

Also Mac & Cheese is amazing when done right. This involves a panko crust, by the way. I'll share the recipe later if anyone's interested.
>>
>>47567545
>>knock like a polite lady
>>
File: u9IkWyA.png (294 KB, 459x296) Image search: [Google]
u9IkWyA.png
294 KB, 459x296
>>47567545
>knock like a polite lady
I think only parents get the benefit of kool-aid manning through a door.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47567758
Hey cool it's like a Traditional Japanese art of a Traditional Japanese goburin.
>>
While I -could- just barge in like before, I think I'll try and be a nice girl today who doesn't do such rude things. So instead, I give it a few knocks and wait for a response. And a few seconds after I do just that, it swings open and I'm met with my father's imposing figure.

"Cecile?" he lowers his sunglasses like he can't believe what he's seeing.
"Yeah, that -is- the name that you gave me," I reply.
"Heh, I guess it was," he laughs. "I see that you're not all dressed up today..."
"Yeah, well I only have that one dress," I shrug.

>let us shoot the breeze about whatever
>let us talk about that asshole what got himself killed
>>
>>47568121
>>let us shoot the breeze about whatever
>>
>>47568121
>let us talk about that asshole what got himself killed
Hi dad we're safe now also I brought my girlfriend.
>>
>>47568121
>>let us talk about that asshole what got himself killed
>>
File: Gabbers.jpg (213 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
Gabbers.jpg
213 KB, 1000x1400
>>47568121
>>let us shoot the breeze about whatever
Inform him that we shall have chicken pot pie.

Also, I found a picture of what is obviously Gabby.
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_pink-daisy21.png (228 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cecile_pink-daisy21.png
228 KB, 500x500
"Well maybe you ought to have Charlotte make you some more, they look good on you."

With a huge grin on his face, my father gives me an approving thumbs-up. I kind of want to hit him.

"But I'm assuming that you didn't knock on my door to fish for compliments," he says. "So what's up?"
"I just wanted to tell you that I brought Charlotte over," I reply. "I felt crappy about ignoring you two and she's finally able to relax after that guy went and killed himself, so..."
"Oh yeah," my father winces. "After you called me up about that last night, I woke up to a bunch of texts from the guy who was helping me dig up info and also David Gauthier... and then Irene came home looking like she just crawled out of a hole in the ground and SHE gave me another rundown about the situation, too."

He takes off his sunglasses and lets out a long, exasperated groan.

"But even though I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about him coming back, a guy is still dead and I know that's an awful thing," Daddy says. "How are you holding up?"

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47568581
>>how do I respond?
Nothing to worry about! It's all [sunshine] and lilies!
>>
>>47568581
"Okay, I guess." Give an uncomfortable shrug.

I feel this is within Cecile's ability to lie, considering that she probably feels uncomfortable hiding things from her dad.
>>
>>47568581
>"How are you holding up?"
My girlfriend is awesome.
This means I am holding up well!
>>
>>47568581
I vote this >>47568686
>>
>writing
>>
>>47568810
Hang on.

Does Charlotte die down the line?

I know Gabby does.
>>
>>47568927
Gabby is the only one with invulnerable plot armor.
>>
File: cecile_miushimazu.png (568 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_miushimazu.png
568 KB, 600x600
All I can do is shrug.

"Okay, I guess," I say to my father.

While part of me does wish that I could've lasered him into oblivion, myself, things going the way that they did means that we all got to keep our hands clean for once.

I just wish that Irene didn't have to die alongside him.

"You're really okay?" Daddy asks, patting his heavy hand down onto the top of my head. "'Cuz this is like the second time something messed-up's happened to you..."

More like the fourth, but who's keeping count.

"Seriously, I'm fine," I mumble, standing there while he messes up my hair. "And so is Charlotte, now that she doesn't have to worry about him busting into her place anymore."
"Okay then," he replies.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47569038
>[2/2]

And then I finally push his hand off of my head and fix my hair back so it's halfway decent. At least it isn't winter anymore... the last time he did this, I was full of static for the rest of the day.

"Charlotte's gonna be making us dinner, by the way," I say.
"Huh?" he lowers his sunglasses.
"Chicken pot pie," I continue. "Since she lost a bet."
"Uh, for real?" he asks. "This isn't some kind of celebratory thing, is it? Because it's kind of morbid to-"
"No," I cut him off. "She lost a bet last night and I told Mom when we came into the house and then things kind of snowballed from there."
"...I should've expected that," he sighs.

>talk to the fatherperson for a little while longer
>imma go downstairs now
>>
>>47569245
>>talk to the fatherperson for a little while longer
>>
>writing
>>
>>47569245
>This isn't some kind of celebratory thing, is it
that already happened after little G left
>>
"So I guess this means that you're gonna be staying for dinner," Daddy says. "Then it's back to Charlotte's place?"
"No, I'm staying here," I reply. "I feel crappy for not spending more time with you guys so now I'm gonna do just that."

Now that Faceless is dealt with, at least.

"And here I was expecting you to spend as much time as you could with your hot rich girlfriend, living up the pampered hotel life..." he laughs.
"Cut it out," I groan.
"What, I'm just saying," he says, patting me on the shoulder. "By all accounts, you've hit the jackpot with Charlotte. Pretty, rich, makes cute clothes for you and now she's going to be cooking for you too? I'd have been SO jealous if I knew someone as lucky as you when I was your age."

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47569624
>how do I respond?
He should probably hold his judgement until after the meal.

Also yeah. CC got it pretty great. Show video of Charlotte petting her tiger y/n?
>>
>>47569624
>>how do I respond?
That's no reason to neglect our other relationships though. And there's no reason to settle for pampered life, we have hopes and dreams! (CC has those right?)
>>
>>47569691
>CC has those right?
I don’t think so.
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile.png (14 KB, 118x317) Image search: [Google]
cecile.png
14 KB, 118x317
"I think that maybe you ought to hold off on that last one until after the food's done," I say.
"What, is she a bad cook?" he asks.
"I don't think so?" I shrug. "but I haven't really had anything substantial cooked by her before so this'll be the first time."
"Hm," he nods.
"But for the rest, I guess I do have it pretty great," I say, smiling faintly. "Charlotte's super nice and she's always going out of her way for me... the only thing I'd change is how she gets jealous."
"Oh?" my father lowers his sunglasses. "How jealous are we talking here? Because that can be a real red flag, you know."

Why the hell did I say that.

>[1/?]
>>
File: irene_decu2.png (566 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
irene_decu2.png
566 KB, 2000x1500
>>47569881
>[2/2]

"She just gets snippy with Irene sometimes," I say, forcing a smile. "And gets extra clingy when she's insecure about stuff, that's all."
"Hm."
"She's not beating me up or yelling at me if that's what you're thinking," I blurt out. "I have better judgement than Allison, you know."
"I sure as hell hope so," he grumbles.

Just as it looks like he's about to say something else, the bathroom door behind me clicks open and a wave of steamy air pours out into the hallway where we're standing. Once I've wiped my glasses clean of the annoying film of condensation that collected as a result of that, I turn back just in time to see Irene peeking her head out of the bathroom doorway.

"Good morning," Irene says, as cheerful as ever. "And welcome back, I guess?"
"Umm, yeah," I gulp.

With her long hair wrapped up in a towel, Irene holds it in place with one hand while waving at us with the other. Fortunately, she's fully dressed otherwise... but the few locks of hair that are peeking through are dripping a trail of water along her neck and down her ample chest...

"Now I get why Charlotte's so jealous," Daddy says, slapping his heavy hand down onto my shoulder. "You've got wandering eyes."

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47570030
>>how do I respond?
I’m a teenager. I cannot help it!
>>
>>47570030
Seconding >>47570049
>>
>>47570030
>>how do I respond?
Is that bad?
>>
>>47570030
"All my dresses have pockets and that's where my hands stay."
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_decu1.png (133 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
cecile_decu1.png
133 KB, 1000x700
"I'm a teenager," I mutter under my breath. "I can't help it."
"Psh, your age has nothing to do with it," Daddy laughs. "You think I don't like looking at boobs too?"
"Oh God," I groan.
"The trick is to not be so obvious about it," he says. "It's the difference between admiring a pleasant sight and outright ogling someone."
"Please stop."
"What, this is important information for you to have," he says, pulling me close. "It could save you a LOT of grief in the future."
"Ugh, whatever."

>[1/?]
>>
File: irene_kurumierika.jpg (87 KB, 857x932) Image search: [Google]
irene_kurumierika.jpg
87 KB, 857x932
>>47570176
>[2/2]

"Umm, what are you two talking about?" Irene asks, finally stepping all the way out of the bathroom.
"Just a little bit of fatherly advice that I never thought I'd get to give," he laughs.
"Oh," she nods. "Well the bathroom's finally free if you wanted to use it... sorry for taking so long in there."
"It's not like I could let you just stay looking like that," he replies. "Don't worry about it."

My father finally lets go of me and steps back into his bedroom.

"Now that the bathroom's free, I can finally take a shower," he sighs. "I'll see you in a little bit, okay?"
"Umm, sure," I mumble.
"And don't forget what I told you," he winks.

>time to bug the irene
>imma just go downstairs now
>imma do something else now
>>
>>47570255
>>imma just go downstairs now
Irene can come along if she wants, but is free to do whatever.
>>
>>47570255
>imma just go downstairs now
>>
>>47570255
>>imma just go downstairs now
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_121642.jpg (573 KB, 877x1786) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_121642.jpg
573 KB, 877x1786
I give my father a nice long angry glare before turning back around and making my way back down the stairs.

"Umm, are you okay?" Irene asks as I pass her by.
"Yeah, it's just my father being dumb," I reply. "See you downstairs."
"Sure," she nods. "I just need to dry my stupid hair first..."
"Good luck with that?" I say with an awkward smile.

With a quick parting wave, I continue on down the stairs and back to the first floor. From there, I start towards the kitchen...

"Hm?"

I guess Charlotte's in the living room instead.

>get mushy with the charlotte
>get goofy with the charlotte
>tease the charlotte
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47570506
>>get goofy with the charlotte
It's goofy time!
>>
>>47570506
>>get goofy with the charlotte
Teasing will follow during the meal preparation.
>>
>>47570506
>>get mushy with the charlotte
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_hinomars.jpg (460 KB, 1333x1901) Image search: [Google]
cecile_hinomars.jpg
460 KB, 1333x1901
Sure enough, my beautiful girlfriend is sitting on the living room sofa while messing with her phone. She lowers her phone and waves a greeting as I approach, but I just ignore it and plop down next to her instead.

"Er..." Charlotte stares at me like something's wrong.
"My dear," I say, "I have finished my conversation with the man who sired me."
"Okay?" she begins to lean away from me.
"He is looking forward to eating your cooking," I reply. "Though perhaps instead of chicken pot pie, I should have asked for apple pie..."
"Eh?" she squints. "Why?"
"Because what could be more suited to be baked by the apple of my eye?" I ask, winking at her.

Charlotte pushes me away so hard that I end up perfectly horizontal.

>[1/?]
>>
File: tickle1.gif (48 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
tickle1.gif
48 KB, 267x200
>>47570695

"Oh my," I say in a monotone. "The world seems to have shifted sideways. "I guess you really do rock my world, Charlotte."
"Please stop," Charlotte groans. "you're just acting weird."
"You dislike weird?" I ask, still having not budged from the position I landed in when she pushed me.
"Yes, I do," she sighs. "So cut it out."
"Well it's a good thing that I'm acting perfectly normal," I reply. "Heavens forbid I do something strange and you burst out into a laughing fit."
"...a laughing fit, you say?"

I remain on my side so as to remain in whatever the hell character I'm playing right now, but the sudden presence of shadows looming over my body fill me with a certain sense of dread.

"Dear heart, might I ask what you are doing?" I ask. "I am unable to see from this orientation."
"Nothing really," Charlotte replies. "Just preparing for this."

>[2/3]
>>
File: tickle2.gif (453 KB, 446x303) Image search: [Google]
tickle2.gif
453 KB, 446x303
>>47570846
>[3/3]

Before I know it, her hands slide into my jacket and under my arms, sending my entire body into a painful spasming fit as laughter is literally forced out of my lungs.

"HAHAHAHAHA CUT IT OUT CHARLOTTE THIS ISN'T FUNNY" I choke out while she viciously assaults me.
"But you're laughing, aren't you?" Charlotte replies in an innocent voice while continuing to tickle the living hell out of me.
"YOU KNOW I CAN'T HELP THIS!!"

I laugh and laugh and laugh, trying in vain to squirm free of Charlotte's tickle attack. When I try to roll over, she just gets on top of me to take advantage of her superior arm reach. When I try to slide free, she lets up with one hand just long enough to pin my shoulder in such a manner that I'm both immobilized and easier to tickle.

Completely at her mercy, I succumb to that horrible violation known as "tickling" and my laughter soon fills the entire house. Tears well up in my eyes and my voice soon becomes ragged and my sides start to hurt, but she doesn't seem to care at all. No, the look in her eyes is almost like how she gets when under the influence of catnip.

In other words, I am the helpless victim of her inner sadist.
>>
I think Charlotte assaulting Cecile is a decent enough point to end the thread. Many thanks to all the folks who participated this time around and caused this outcome.

The next thread will be thursday night.

and now questions
>>
>>47570870
Thank you for the thread~
>>
>>47570870
>>47570988
I actually don’t get why you are so vehemently against that place. I would have preferred them not making it, but it’s not like the place is entirely terrible.
>>
>>47571006
>I actually don’t get why you are so vehemently against that place.
I've already given my reasons for it, and they haven't changed.

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47571019
I seem to have missed that. I remember reading about 3 times about how much you don’t want to go there, but I cannot remember a single reason.
>>
>>47571019
>>47571049
I’ve just now searched through the tumblr. After trawling through a dozen posts on the topic I got:

>1) The board is not necessary, there are not enough quests.
>2) The mod is stupid and doesn’t care about questers.
>3) FD was meant for /tg/.
>4) "The whole thing"

And I really, really don’t get it. If that is really all there is to it, then I do not understand you at all. I mean, 1) was pretty much proven wrong, 2) fits most mods and is also only tangentially related. More something one would expect issues to come from, not an issue in itself.

3) could be expanded in "the wrong audience will kill the spirit of the quest" argument or something, but even then you invite your own followers via twitter and also have a pretty rigid structure. I would expect the quest to be comparatively difficult to kill that way, actually.

4) doesn’t really tell me anything.
>>
>>47569245
>"This isn't some kind of celebratory thing, is it? Because it's kind of morbid to-"
VICTORY SEX.
ALL THE VICTORY SEX.

V
_I
__C
___T
S___O
_E___R
__X___Y
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.