[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Dragon Quest 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5
File: 1441987863211.jpg (78 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441987863211.jpg
78 KB, 849x1200
Become The Dragon Quest 27

You are Countess Kotijah Imidarius, and you want to be a dragon. You have known since your birth that you wanted to be one of them, to be among your ancestors, a true dragon. Instead you have been confined to something less, something lacking the grace, ferocity and raw power that you deserve.

You've been up all night long keeping an eye on Sena and Pirin, munching on pills that Kat gave you to help you stay awake. Pirin has been doing better, bit by bit. He's not as pale as he was before, and Kat assured you an hour ago that he'd be alright. You thought you saw him open his eyes for a moment a little while ago, but you can't be sure. The pills have been playing tricks on your mind for a while now, but every time you close your eyes you can see Allegiset, just waiting for you to fall asleep.

You look at Sena for a moment. Almost since the moment you met her she's been relying on you, but you keep letting her down. First with the bite, then with that blight necromancer, and now this. Whatever that explosion did to her, it reminds you of how she was when you first met her, cold, detached and unfeeling. Kat told you she'd work it out for you, but you haven't been able to make yourself leave her side. You're no good to her here though, and you finally push yourself to your feet and make your way out of the tent.
>>
Character Sheet:
http://pastebin.com/hZThyQm7

Thread twitter:
@BecomeQM

Previous adventures at:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Become%20The%20Dragon%20Quest

The rules:
Best of three rolls, critical threat on a 20, confirmed if another roll is 20-modifier or higher. Modifier is Stat being rolled+Relevant skill. You can decide which skill to apply. If no one applies one, no skill will be added on. If you don't have a logical reason to apply a skill, don't do it.
Critical fails are at least two 1s on a roll. May expand this later to increase shenanigans.
Success is on a sliding scale and is situational. Some things are easier than others. Use your head.

Check out the side stories!
Millie's Day Off
http://pastebin.com/9dmr6XWx
Sir Black and the Red Scale
http://pastebin.com/5JMxmEay
Ildareth and the Dragonblood Witch
http://pastebin.com/N83MDEHq
>>
The fortifications have been coming along nicely. Gimbly and Millie have been hard at work preparing a fortress of stone blocks and twisting passages, along with tunnels and concealed passages, both magical and mundane. You haven't seen Gil since you arrived, but Gimbly told you he was working hard rigging every convenient sniper position to turn it into a trap. You wonder what he'll say when he finds out what happened to Sena.

You walk a little ways away from the tent and take stock of things. You have some time before the Order of Oak arrives and you have a solid plan, but it relies on everyone being in top condition. If you have Kat focus on that you won't have the knockout gas ready in time, but if you pull her from treating Sena and Pirin then you'll be down the extra sets of hands. You hear the soft jingling in your pocket and pull out the heart, careful not to spill the black liquid inside it. There's also this to deal with, figuring out what that necromancer wanted with a strange metal heart in a seemingly random shop.

>Write-in
>>
>>43641598
Does the Order arrive this day or the next?
depending on wich i'd say we help Kate with her sleeping gas
>>
>>43641640
They'll arrive sometime tomorrow, probably closer to late afternoon or evening.
>>
>>43641598
Magic sight the Thing, then Have Millie try to uplink with Priestess chick to ID it.
>>
>>43641663
I see than let's see if Kate can tell us something about that heart + use the sight
>>
>>43641681
You mean Fiona?
>>
>>43641770
yes
>>
Alright, Spirit roll + Focus, so +5
>>
Rolled 16 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43641881
>>
Rolled 14 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43641881
>>
Rolled 3 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43641881
>>
Anything in particular you're trying to find out or just general stuff?
>>
>>43642124
Anything about that heart we can, if we can destroy it safely or if Sena can use it safely.
>>
>>43642124
>is the heart kind of a remote control thing for undead?
>>
So, not really the time right now, but if we ever talk theology with priest lady again we could justify our necromancy hateboner with the idea that since the age of the moon is inevitable, the REAL fight is over whether it will be a dragony age of the moon or a necromancery age of the moon.
>>
You begin examining the heart, walking a little further away from the tent as you activate your sight and try to piece together its purpose. It seems, for all intents and purposes, like a container or storage device, gathering blight and neutralizing it. There's a small teleportation spell inside it, as well as a divine spell that turns the blight into raw Essence and sends it back out into the world. That explains how there's still black fluid inside it despite it being cracked; some blight spilledout but it's still drawing in more and purifying it. You can't trace the teleportation spell, but fortunately you know someone who can.

You stash the heart back inside your pocket, careful of how you position it, and head off to find Gimbly and Millie. You can think of two reasons for wanting the heart, either to destroy it and prevent it from neutralizing the blight of whoever it points to, or cracking it open and using it as a source of free blight. You suppose it could also be used to gather Essence, but you can't think of why a necromancer would want that.

You find Gimbly and Millie taking a break. Millie has created a sculpture of you made from sugar glass, and she's devouring it piece by piece, working her way through some of your fingers at the moment. You manage to round the corner right as Gimbly is making a joke about eating you out and if the measurements are correct. You look at the sculpture, which is nude save for a red sash winding around the figure's form to tastfully obscure the more personal details, brandishing a sword and looking fierce. One of those made of something more permanent than sugar might actually look good in the foyer of whatever lair you settle on in the future.

>Speak to Millie privately about the heart
>Show both of them the heart, maybe Gimbly knows some legends or rumors
>Ask about the statue
>Check their progress
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43642673
>>Show both of them the heart, maybe Gimbly knows some legends or rumors
>Ask about the statue
>>
>>43642673
>>Show both of them the heart, maybe Gimbly knows some legends or rumors
>how does she know your sizes?
>>
>>43642673
so wait can we actually try and use essence as a kind of power up?
>>
>>43642844
You could try, sure.

I'm doing first to three, waiting on another vote.
>>
>>43642673
>Show both of them the heart, maybe Gimbly knows some legends or rumors
>Ask about the statue
>>
You pull out the heart carefully as you approach them, keeping it slightly out of view as you approach.

“Nice sculpture work, Millie. Quite the artistic statement.”

Millie smiles cheerfully.

“Thanks! I thought you'd like it. Gimbly told me if I was going to make something to eat, I may as well try my hand at something creative. He was a pretty good coach.”

Gimbly puts up his hands.

“Now hold on a second. I only gave some input on it, I didn't tell her to make a nude or anything.”

He chuckles softly.

“Not that I can really say I'm upset about the outcome though.”

You nod a little bit and rub your eyes. A flicker of red and gold crosses your vision and you almost lose focus, but you manage to fight off sleep for the time being.

“We can get into that later. I want you to see this.”

You show them the heart, and Millie immediately puts down the statue's arm, inspecting it closely, eyes wide. Gimbly just sits there, looking puzzled.

“What's that, some sort of magic item? Looks kinda beat up.”

You nod and let Millie take a look at it.

“There were some undead raiding a shop, looking for this thing. I managed to keep it away from them, but it got a little damaged in the process.”

Gimbly walks over to have a closer look, nodding slowly.

“Well, whatever they wanted this for, it's a good thing you kept it from them. This is old magic. You can see the seams in the spell if you look closely enough, the places where the enchantments have worn down. This thing needs repairs in a lot of senses...”

Millie's eyes glow briefly behind her blindfold and she nods.

“I could fix it! It wouldn't be hard... And it gets rid of blight, this could be really useful!”

>Fix it up
>Follow the trail
>Keep it safe for now, we have bigger fish to fry
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43643436
>Fix it up
>>
>>43643436
>>Fix it up
>check how Sena is doing
>>
>>43643436
still want to try using essence as doping, not like we have anything else to do until the order arrives
>>
>>43643572
agreed, but it needs to be fixed first.
>>
Need another vote. Did I just pick a bad time for this or something?
>>
>>43643436
>Fix it up
>Check how Sena is doing
>>
>>43643833
most people are probably playing fallout or something
>>
“I want this thing patched up. If we're going to make use of it, we need it fixed. Maybe we can use it for something.”

Gimbly nods slightly.

“Essence can be handy for divine magic users, so Sena could probably use it to enhance her power.”

Millie sits down and gets to work.

“And if we can figure out how it works, we could use it to get rid of a lot more blight.”

Gimbly smiles at you.

“So, how are you holding up? You look like you're pretty beat. Are you sure you don't want any rest?”

You shake your head.

“It won't be restful sleep, so it won't help. For now I want to be awake. I can worry about resting when Sena's up.”

He nods a little bit and runs a hand through his hair, glancing around.

“Yeah... I get that. Just... We're worried about you. I'm worried about you. If you need some time to yourself to recover, I'll set up some illusions and a few spells so you can take the edge off. We'll do all we can, but you need to keep yourself in top condition too, right?”

He smiles softly before coughing a bit and turning away.

“Great, I'm coming down with something... I'm gonna go see Kat and get something really quick.”

>Go with Gimbly to the tent
>Stick with Millie and continue figuring this heart thing out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43643984
>Call me if you need help Millie
>>
>>43643984
>>Stick with Millie and continue figuring this heart thing out
>>
>>43643984
>Check how Sena is doing
Not sure i want to follow Gimbly
>>
>>43644051
Sena is in the tent with that Gimbly is going too.
>>
>>43643984
>>
>>43643984
So wait when was the last time we visited Allegiset? we should probably have a chat with him soon shouldn't we
>>
>>43644214
Last time we heard from him was during the wight fight, were he threatened us.
>>
>>43644214
It's been a little bit. The last major chat you had, as far as I recall, was when he raided your mind and tried to force you to forget what Pirin told you. Then
>>43644279
happened. You haven't really slept the past two nights, what with Sena and the festival and all that.
>>
>>43643984
>>
You follow Gimbly, turning briefly to Millie.

“Call us if you need us, alright?”

Millie nods, though most of her focus seems to be on the glass. It's slowly sealing once again, but it's taking her a lot of effort. Odd. The whole way back to the tent Gimbly is silent except for the occasional cough. He doesn't so much as look at you, and he looks a bit pale. When you reach the tent he stops and takes a few breaths.

“I feel like crap... Something in the air out here is getting to me... I think whatever necromancer attacked that shop last night might be doing something nearby, either that or that thing was leaking too much. I had a rough encounter with blight when I was young that damaged my lungs. Normally it's fine, but...”

He hacks a bit and wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

“...sometimes it's unpleasant to deal with.”

He smiles at you and sighs.

“One of my less charming quirks, it seems...”

He heads into the tent before you respond, and you follow behind him. Pirin is sitting up in bed reading a book while Kat checks him over and cleans the wound on his neck. She grins at you.

“Guess who's wide awake.”

Pirin looks up and smiles, waving at you before mouthing something at you that you don't understand. Kat chuckles.

“His throat hurts a lot so he can barely speak above a whisper, but he said that it's good to see you, and you're looking pretty today.”

Pirin turns red and takes a swing at Kat that she easily dodges, chuckling and scampering back to her cauldron. Gimbly walks over to her and peers inside.

“Well, if you're working on something for his throat, mind helping me with a cough?”

Kat nods a bit.

“Sure thing. I'll whip something up in a snap. Need anything, Kotijah?”

>How's Sena?
>Got any more pills so I can stay awake?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43644510
>How's Sena?
>>
>>43644510
>>How's Sena?
>Get some sleep

after all these pills still have side effects right?
>>
>>43644579
All alchemy has side effects, you just hope for the beneficial ones and not the ones that make your ears turn blue and fall off or something.
>>
>>43644510
>How's Sena?
>Firesing training
>>
There really isn't much going on today
>>
You move to Sena's side and look her over. There's a little more color in her cheeks now, but aside from that there's no change. Kat walks over to you as you grab a chair and sit down.

"How is she? Is the treatment working?"

Kat nods slightly.

"She's getting there. She'll wake up sore and groggy, but she's going to be just fine."

Gimbly grabs a small bottle from Kat's work area and sips the contents.

"So nothing to worry about, right?"

Kat shrugs a little.

"That remains to be seen."

Kat snatches the bottle from him and takes a swig, offering it to you. You sniff it briefly before taking a small sip yourself. You prefer mead, but apple schnapps isn't bad, and warmth spreads through you. Gimbly hacks a little and wretches, turning away, and Kat pats him firmly on the back.

"We need to stop dropping like flies before the enemy even gets here..."

>Head back to see Millie
>Try to find Gil
>Help Kat out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43645356
>>Try to find Gil
>>
>>43645356
>>Try to find Gil
>>
Well, since there are only two votes...

I'll start writing.
>>
Actually, Sleuth roll plus Perception
>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43646102
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43646102
samefag roll
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43646102
It's complicated...
>>
You give Sena one last glance before heading for the exit.

"I'm gonna go find Gil. I should probably let him know what's going on with Sena."

Kat nods and smiles.

"Give him my love, alright? You can give him a big, sloppy kiss."

She puckers her lips and winks at you before turning back to Gimbly and helping him into a chair. You roll your eyes and chuckle, heading out and looking around a bit. You can't see any obvious signs of Gil, so you take flight and head for the top of your new fort. It takes you a few minutes using your sight to track him down, but you manage to locate him and fly to him. Gil levels his bow at you as you land, and then smirks a bit and sighs.

"Hi... Scared me a little. How's it going?"

>Tell him about Sena
>Ask Gil what he's been up to
>Other (write-in)
>>
I'm wondering if everyone is watching the Democratic debate or something... Either that or it's been so long that this quest is dead. Hrm.
>>
>>43647276
>>Tell him about Sena

>>43647766
Connection error for me
>>
>>43647276
>>Tell him about Sena
>>
>>43647766
Nah, just busy dicking off.
>>
>>43648356
Fair enough.

Perhaps first to three was the wrong approach... Seems like things are pretty slow at the moment, I'm gonna type stuff up for tomorrow and try again in the morning since I'm pretty beat.
>>
>>43648774
Ok, thanks for the thread, bud.
>>
>>43647276
>Tell him about Sena

Usually the updates are sporadic as fuck.
>>
>>43647276
>Tell him about Sena

>>43647766
I've been participating over steams web browser wich is a bitch to use sometimes
>>
>>43649427
True, but that's something I've been changing lately with my new job and new schedule.
>>
>>43652743
I hope that's going well.
>>
>>43652899
It is, thanks. It's intense, but my mentor makes $7000 a month in just the commission, and in his words, "when we're done you'll be making the same". So that's pretty hype.

Updates resume shortly, having breakfast and a shower
>>
>>43647766
Personally, I was more a fan of BtVQ. I'm a sucker for modern fantasies
>>
>>43653483
I've kinda had more fun with BtVQ than BtDQ lately, but that might be because BtDQ has been dragging on a little lately.
>>
“Last night in town we were attacked by undead. They were raiding a shop but we stopped them.”

Gil stiffens a bit and nods, motioning for you to follow him towards a nearby tree.

“Keep talking, I just want us out of plain sight.”

He sits down among the roots and you join him in the shade. Another flicker of red drifts across your vision as you begin to explain what happened last night.

“They were after something, a metal heart that draws in blight and purifies it.”

Gil leans against the tree.

“First question, what was it doing there?”

You shrug a little bit and feel a wave of exhaustion wash over you. You gently dig your claws into your thigh to stay awake, not hard enough to draw blood, just enough that the pain keeps you focused.

“It was in a black chest. I don't think anyone there knew what it was.”

Gil nods a little bit and looks up, folding his arms.

“Strange, but alright then. There's probably more to it than that though.”

You feel the exhaustion vanish bit by bit, and you steady yourself.

“Probably... Anyway... When we beat the undead, I blew one of them up with the lightning sword, and... it didn't work out well for Sena. She's recovering in the tent right now, but all that necromantic energy in the air affected her pretty severely. We're doing all we can, and-”

The feeling of a knife against your throat is an unexpected and unpleasant one. Gil is glaring at you. You glance down slightly and realize that Gil's arms are still folded, and that he's glaring at someone right behind you.

“Hello, children. Could anyone direct me to the town that's not too far from here? I seem to have misplaced my map.”

The voice is low and harsh, and you can feel cold breath against your neck with each word.

>Write-in
>>
I need to stop forgetting to add my name to posts...
>>
>>43653533
Play the scared girl tell him where the town is, See if you can surreptiously bring your hands up to remove the knife from your throat.
>>
>>43653514
Agreed. I'm kinda just waiting for it to pick back up again. Attack should just fuggin happen by now.

>>43653533
Grab his hand and break it. Really, noone expects the hostage to actually try to get out in this position.
>>
>>43653640
Kinda, yeah. I think depending on how you resolve this situation we can just jump ahead. I just want to make sure all the players are in their positions, and all that jazz.
>>
>>43653581
this also can't we motion Gil do to something?
>>
>>43653910
You tell me. How would you signal him?
>>
>>43654017
With our eyes and slight hand movements
>>
Sneak roll to try to signal Gil while faking being frightened.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>43654120
We don't have a sneak modifier right?
>>
>>43654127
oh boy
>>
>>43654127
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43654120
>>
>>43654127
>>43654166
Hmm. Not looking good.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43654180
best of three right?
>>
>>43654213
Best of three, yeah. Nice save.
>>
You wink at Gil before you let yourself tense up, tilting your head back and away from the blade. You don't spend too much time acting girly and frightened, but you think you're doing a pretty good job.

“I-I don't- Please, don't hurt me. I'll do whatever you want.”

The blade presses a little more firmly against your skin, and you can see Gil glancing around rapidly, trying to figure out the best approach to help you.

“I just need directions. Honestly... Oh! Where are my manners!”

The blade withdraws from your neck, moments before the point is pressing gently but firmly between your shoulder blades.

“We start like this, don't we? Threat of injury rather than death. Really, who would kill someone over directions? Well, at any rate...Is it north of here or south?”

You do your best to sputter and stammer, putting on the best show you can.

“N-North. Not that far, you can't miss it.”

The blade glides up and down slowly, and you can feel it slicing slowly through the back of your shirt, forming a small hole in it where the blade barely skims against your skin.

“I will choose to believe you this time.”

The blade pulls away before a flash of silver passes by your head, striking the tree beside Gil's head. Gil just sits there, barely moving an inch, gritting his teeth.

“A parting gift for your helpfulness. Good day.”

There's a quiet movement behind you, and then silence.

>Turn around
>Don't turn around
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43654638
Run to Gil pretend to cry and look at it from the corner of your eye.
>>
>>43654661
this, since he figured out what Gil was trying to do
>>
Still no third vote?
>>
>pretend to ne scared
can't type much on mobile
>>
Sneak roll, just for fun
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43655226
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

There is no FUN. Only War
>>
>>43655358
>>43655242
Can the third roll save us?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>43655579
>>
You wait a few moments before throwing yourself at Gil like a scared little girl, turning around to look at whoever was behind you moments ago. You're greeted with the sight of a man vanishing into pale gray mist and floating away. He doesn't seem familiar, but then, it's hard to tell when he was melting away before you even turned around.

“Damn it...”

You hear Gil clear his throat, and turn towards him. Wow, that's close. You ease back to where you had been sitting while Gil rubs his stomach.

“Next time warn me when you plan to shoulder tackle me... That really hurt...”

You nod a bit.

“Sorry about that... I just had to keep the act up, just in case.”

Gil rolls his eyes.

“Anyway...”

He grabs the knife and yanks it out of the tree. It's a crude thing with a wooden handle that looks like it should be blunt, but you felt the edge on it when it pressed against your skin. Gil examines it before pocketing it.

“So now our position has been given away. Great. Thanks, spooky mist man.”

Gil rises to his feet.

“I'm gonna get back to work on securing the area... You said Sena's doing better, right? Well... that'll do for now. We're all dead if we don't make this work, right?”

He smiles nervously, and you stand up slowly.

“We're all getting out of this alive, I promise. I'll figure something out. Taret is on his way, the heart might be able to give Sena a boost... We have more resources than I thought we would. We can do this.”

Gil nods slightly.

“Well... I guess that's fine with me, boss.”

>Head back to camp
>Check in on Millie
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43655846
>Head back to camp
Coffee.
Black.
>>
>>43655846
>Check in on Millie
>>
>back to camp
Sleep.
Suppose there will be 2 anons left. I am going to sleep
>>
>>43655846
>>Head back to camp
don't do drugs
>>
>>43655846
Head back to camp, better face the music now.
>>
Strength roll plus Focus
>>
Rolled 3 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43656221
>>
Rolled 13 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43656221
>>
Rolled 15 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43656221
>>
Stupid lousy god damn hotspot problems... trying to be more consistent with this quest and I keep having setbacks... nothing like this happened with BTVQ... Update in a moment, only just saw the rolls.
>>
You nod slightly and turn away, stretching your wings.

“I just wanted to update you on what was going on. You deserved to know. But we'll get through this the same way we always have.”

Gil laughs a bit.

“By the skin of our teeth?”

You smirk and nod.

“Exactly.”

You leap into the air and take flight, heading back to camp. The moment you're airborne you feel your head start to cloud. You fumble for the pills but find the container empty. You don't remember taking the last one, or how many you had to start with, but you were sure you had more left. Red wisps begin to drift across your vision, and time starts to stutter a bit. You find yourself flying too low and adjust, then moments later find yourself much higher with no memory of the time between. You manage to pull yourself out of a nosedive right before you reach the tent, tumbling inside it and collapsing to the ground. You manage a single word, though as you black out you can't recall precisely what it was.

The scent of fire is all around you, and you can feel Allegiset's presence right behind you. This has been a long time coming, if you're being honest with yourself. You try not to consciously think of the things you're pissed off about so you can keep them secret from him, but your anger is still welling up inside you regardless.

“Did you miss me? I missed you. We have some matters to discuss, do we not?”

>Write-in
>>
>>43657857
Evidently.
>>
>>43657857
Well we both knew this would happen sooner or later
>>
You try to turn to face him but Allegiset is being as slippery as usual, evading your view.

“Apparently so. But then, you're always the one setting the agenda, aren't you.”

Allegiset chuckles softly.

“Well, that may be the case most of the time, but this time I thought I'd let you set the tone. We've been in a bit of a rough patch lately, and I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. We both have different expectations of each other. I see you as an investment opportunity, and you see me as a source of power, but we have aims that conflict with the other's.”

Allegiset moves around to your front and smirks a bit.

“So of course, when I see an opportunity to make a profit from my investment, I take it, and when you see an opportunity to grow at little cost, you take that. Given what's about to happen to you, I thought it was in my best interests to... make an appropriate gesture and perhaps lay out some more concrete terms for moving forward. How does that sound to you?”

>I don't trust you anymore, you old snake
>I'm listening but I make no promises
>It sounds reasonable to me
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43658475
>>
>>43658475
>>
“I'm listening, but I'm not in the mood to be making any promises. I've got a lot to deal with at the moment.”

Allegiset nods slowly.

“I can tell. You have a number of enemies closing in around you, many of whom don't even know your face yet. That man who attacked you in the woods just now, for instance. And did you give any thought to who Skin might be, and why they might want a device to eradicate blight when they're part of the quartet of necromancers? Here is my offer. I will give you some insight into what it about to take place. That part is free. From there, we can negotiate some sort of bargain with concrete terms for moving forwards. How does that sound to you?”

You mull the question over for a moment. There doesn't seem to be a downside to getting more information for free, so you nod. Allegiset's smile widens.

“Recently there was a festival in a small town celebrating the sun and the moon, a major event in this nation that draws people from every corner of the kingdom. Any self-respecting necromancer would attend in some way, or send emissaries in the shadows. You have seen some of them for yourself. It's mere coincidence that you find yourself about to face some of your most dangerous foes to date right as the town is about to be wiped off the face of the map, is it not? Or perhaps it's fate. The Somber Quartet will play their dirge, and from that town will rise a plague of undeath that will lay the foundation of your conquest if you leave it unchecked.”

Allegiset resumes circling you, laughing quietly.
>>
“Or perhaps once you defeat the Order of Oak you'll charge in bravely and destroy them yourself? It's your choice, really. Suffice to say, it's a good thing you decided to relocate a good distance from there. Now, on to the terms... A moment for a moment. That is all I ask. From here on, any boon I give you will cost you based on how long you use it for. What you have now is yours to keep. Everything else? You owe me time in control to attend to my own matters. Deal?”

>Fine then, I can agree to that
>No way
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43659080
>>
>>43659080
I mean, I'll probably never vote to use one of his boons again, but whatever.
>>
>>43659080
But when is going to take control for those boons
>>
>>43659372
He would still find a way to try and take control for all the boons we already have
>>
>>43659664
He could probably try right now, but there's likely a drawback to doing so forcibly, otherwise why bother with consent. Probably unreliability due to us fighting him and having to actively suppress us burning away what's left of his consciousness.
>>
“Fine then. If that's the deal that's on the table, I accept, just don't expect me to come crawling to you begging for your help. Especially if you plan to be sneaky about when you use that control.”

Allegiset nods slightly.

“Oh, I have no worries about that. I've already done everything I needed to. From here on out, the rest is the icing on a delicious cake. If you decide you need me, then fine, I get some time to enjoy the feeling of flesh once more.”

Allegiset's eyes begin to glow softly.

“I've done all I needed to, and so have you. Fate will take care of the rest, I'm sure.”

He begins to laugh, eyes glowing brighter and brighter until all you can see is golden light. You feel yourself beginning to tumble and spin through the air before landing hard. You awaken with a start in bed, drenched with sweat and panting softly. Sena is beside you, wringing out a washcloth. She gasps when she sees that you're awake, and she smiles cheerfully.

“Kat! She opened her eyes!”

Sena hugs you tightly and helps you sit up as Kat walks over, chuckling softly and sighing.

“You had us worried sick... Sena's been tending to you since she woke up.”

You nod slightly as you take stock of things.

“How long was I out for?”

Sena wipes your forehead gently.

“A while... It's pretty late right now...”

Kat peeks out the tent and shrugs.

“More like early. Huh. Nice sunrise though.”

You groan softly and get out of bed, grabbing your clothes and tugging them on.

“Are we all set for the attack? Is everything in place?”

Kat grins.

“You could say that, yeah. Sena?”

Sena gets out the heart, which is now inside a small satchel in her pocket, and grins at you.

“We've got a secret weapon!”

She points the heart at you, and it starts to glow.

“Hold still!”

>Uh... Sure?
>Put that away, it's dangerous
>Run for cover
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43660673
>>Uh... Sure?
>>
>>43660673
>Uh... Sure?
>>
>>43660673
>Uh... Sure?
>>
“...Sure...?”

The blast of energy goes wide, missing you by inches, but right when you're about to say something about it you see it looping around you, winding tighter with each pass.

“...A containment spell?”

Sena giggles a bit as the beam connects with itself, and the solid rope of energy turns into chains that lash themselves to you and hold you in place. You give them a few tugs, but they're pretty sturdy.

“Nope. I had an idea about Essence. It's what souls are made of, right? But there are ghosts and things, too, and those are made of it. So I tried using the Essence this thing makes to affect things, and I made ghost chains!”

You nod slightly as the chains begin to evaporate, white mist flowing back towards the heart.

“Clever... Well, that gives us an edge. Can you control that when you're using your vampire powers?”

Sena shakes her head.

“Nope, but I can switch back and forth pretty easily now.”

Her eyes turn red, and an instant later she's right in front of you, smiling at you, fangs poking out from behind her lips.

“See?”

You gently pat her on the head.

“I see.”

Kat gestures to the cauldron.

“The knockout gas is good to go as well. Well, mostly. Maybe a teeny tiny bit more poisonous than intended, but survivable. That's the important thing, right? Oh, and flammable. It's explosive. So there's that. Don't smoke outside when this stuff it around.”

Kat unfurls her ponytail and reveals her hair is a good deal shorter now.

“Learned that one the hard way. Gil is all set, and so is Gimbly, I think. Any last orders before we just sit tight and wait?”

>Write-in
>>
>>43661015
Pirin alright? Here anything about the town?
>>
>>43661015
Let's take them down!
>>
“If there's any news on the town I'd love to hear it, I've got a feeling something bad is going to happen. And I don't see Pirin around, is he doing alright?”

Kat nods a little.

“Gil and Gimbly have been training him on how to fight so he'll be able to hold his own a bit better. He's right as rain now. I haven't heard anything about the town, but then again we haven't been back there yet... Can we really double back though? I thought the point was to skirmish here and keep going.”

You nod a bit.

“That's the plan, but if something goes down we need to weigh our options. We still need the sword, but...”

Kat nods slightly.

“Gotcha. I'll keep my eyes peeled.”

Sena walks past you out of the tent.

“Let's go regroup with the others and finish preparations.”

You nod slightly.

“Yeah, let's... We're gonna take them down, right here.”

-

The preparations are complete, or as complete as they will be. Your traps are set, the gas is ready to be released when you give the signal, and Pirin is high above on his cloud with a few bombs Kat made for him. Gil is in his sniper nest with Sena, Gimbly is preparing his illusions, and Kat is rigging the last of her explosive traps in the maze of stone. The sun is high in the sky, and the Order of Oak isn't due to arrive for another hour or two according to Millie. The time for last-minute touches is now.

>Get on with it
>Yes, get on with it!
>Actually, one last thing... (write-in)
>>
>>43661773
>Actually, one last thing... (write-in)
Millie survey the area, make sure nothing else has popped up. Then
>Get on with it
>Yes, get on with it!
>>
You check in with Millie one last time in the center of the fort to go over the threats and where they are relative to you. There aren't any additional troops, although Millie informs you that something odd is going on in town that she can't put her finger on. She tells you that she'll let you know of any significant changes, and you head back to the sniper nest to have a look around.

-

The first sign of the Order of Oak advancing on your position is one of the traps being set off. It's noisy and lets out a cloud of smoke, and you hear a yell as someone gets their leg caught in a snare. Gil knocks an arrow and swallows.

“So, all according to plan, right? We've been over it a dozen times by now...”

You nod slightly.

“Stick to the plan, yeah...”

The wait is almost painful, watching for the slightest movement while a series of traps are set off one by one. When you spot the slightest movement you activate your sight and spot a dozen soldiers with enchanted bows heading around in one direction, and the other soldiers and the mages heading in the other to flank you. It's just like what you drilled for.

-

We can either roleplay this out, or switch to a series of rolls and then I narrate the events.
>>
>>43662448
rolls, otherwise we'd be here forever, and we ac enough players to be super smart.
>>
>>43662566
Seems legit. In that case, I'll need a Strength roll, a Speed roll, a Spirit roll and a Luck roll. If I need others then I'll let you know. Time to get writing!
>>
Rolled 7 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>43662695
str +sword?
>>
Rolled 8 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43662695
speed + dodge?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43662695
Strength + Sword
>>
Rolled 9 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43662750
should be a +6 there

>>43662695
Spirit plus focus
>>
Rolled 20 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43662695
Speed + Dodge
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>43662695
luck
>>
Rolled 2 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43662695
Spirit + Focus
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43662695
Luck
>>
Rolled 20 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43662695
Strength+sword
>>
>>43662769
>>43662845
Critical hit? Don't know the policy if one mod is forgotten.
>>
>>43662845
So that's a crit, and
>>43662825
a 20 on Luck. Things are looking up!
>>
>>43662876
we can crit on speed too 14+
>>
Need another Luck, Speed and Spirit roll. Can we confirm that Speed crit too?
>>
>>43662913
I would but I rolled all the rolls already

>tfw only you're spirit roll stands atm
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43662913
luck roll
>>
Rolled 19 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>43662695
Speed+dodge
>>
Rolled 15 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43662695
Spirit+focus

Did we just massacre these guys?
>>
Luck crit
Str crit
speed crit
Sprit at modded 20
>>
>>43662913
Looks like. managed to pull a luck critical as well in spite of the extremely low odds of that. I guess the ghosts disgorged some of their stolen luck?
>>
>>43663312
guess that's gonna hurt them
>>
>>43663289
I had a long, drawn out fight planned out in my head. It was going to be tough, grueling, and someone would have died. I hadn't decided on who yet, probably Pirin. And instead you guys managed to completely tilt the odds in your favor in almost every way. I don't need any other rolls, just tell me how badly you want to humiliate them.
>>
>>43663354
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>43663408
The goal was to not kill them due to that just resulting in the entire guild coming after us, including the guildmaster who is an implied badass, IIRC.
>>
>>43663354
So badly the guy who Tirio cashed this favor on walks up to him and smacks him for this bullshit?
>>
File: Order was fucked.jpg (300 KB, 637x2236) Image search: [Google]
Order was fucked.jpg
300 KB, 637x2236
>>43663408
>>
>>43663434
He's a man who shoots arrows that turn into trees mid-flight. That seems pretty badass to me.
>>43663437
Seems legit.
>>
>>43663485
Please let us see it when it happens.
>>
>>43663722
Given that I need to rewrite what I was working on last night almost entirely, I will happily include that.
>>
>>43663354
I want to terrify them badly enough due to surreal combat prowess (like, cut six probably-magic arrows in half in a single swing that the eye can't even follow levels) that we get a spooky reputation amongst the Orders and the capitol.
>>
Expect this one sometime tomorrow, I need to properly convey this triple crit...
>>
>>43664354
Could we get some stat ups? Just from raw Ego?
>>
Can we give them dragon shaped candy after the battle? At least they tried.
>>
>>43664702
Stat ups are acquired from leveling up, which involves defeating foes. So... in a way?
>>
>>43668625
>>43664702
I feel kind of bad for them actually, i mean they lost to a group of what 5 people? they got to feel pretty shity after that
>>
>>43668741
8 us, Sena, Gil,Kat Gimbly, Pirin, Taret, and Millie
>>
>>43669252
I don't count Pirin since he's a wuss
and did Taret actually arrive in time?
>>
>>43670501
He should have
>>
>>43668625
Can...can we turn into a dragon mid-fight? Under our own power?
>>
>>43671430
Probably not
>>
Any Oak members left behind will be taken prisoner, their wounds tended to and then sent back to their boss.

We kill them with kindness.

After we crit the crap outta them.
>>
>>43672516
Pretty sure that was the plan
>>
>>43677420
bump bump
>>
>>43680294
Final bump
>>
EPILOGUE BUMP
>>
Yo BTQM it Tuesday where you at?
>>
QM ded?
>>
I insist in making huge candy dragon statue, which will be placed in Oak HQ.
>>
>>43684327
>>43682938
Well, he did say he had to rewrite the whole thing due to our triple crit and he also has do to something work related on weekdays so it can probaly take a while for him to update
>>
>>43685807
Well put. I've been writing in my off hours at work but since I'm in training I have homework and prep work to do for my job. I was anticipating things moving at a faster clip the other day, and now I have to rewrite a large piece of material. My apologies for the delay.
>>
>>43685835
Don't worry, I'm still more of a BTDQ guy! even if im alone.
But maybe things will pick up after we're done with this village
>>
bumping for op to pull a lazarus
>>
>>43685854
I like them both, but BTDQ has lost some steam. Also BTVQ is new hotness and hype apparently.
>>
>>43685835
How goes NaNoWriMo?
>>
QM you there?
>>
>>43690190
Nope we must endure.
>>
File: imaskeleton.jpg (9 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
imaskeleton.jpg
9 KB, 266x190
>>
>>43693624
bumop
>>
Tirio frowned. It wasn't often that he was called directly to one of the knightly orders for a report, and he didn't like the tone that was used to convey the message. It wasn't “urgent”, or “important”. It had been called “vital” and “of dire consequence”. Bori didn't use those kinds of words unless he meant them, and as he made his way to the central office of the Order of Oak he found himself missing Millie. There would be no telling precisely what that man had in mind, and Tirio adjusted his armor slightly as he opened the door.

“You called for me, Bo-”

The blow sent Tirio staggering back a few paces, and Bori glared at him, fist clenched.

“You have some nerve, general. I went out of my way to arrange this little operation for you while my boss is away, I took care of everything for you, neat, tidy, clean. And what happens? Everything goes wrong! You told me she was a mere child, that she wasn't a threat. I sent two dozen men and three mages to go collect her just to be safe, Tirio, and now I have to explain how your neice beat them all!”

Tirio rubbed his jaw slowly, wiping the blood from his lip.

“...runs in the family, Bori. My brother was full of surprises as well, if you'll recall... And I did tell you who her parents were. Can you really be surprised?”

Tirio was ready for the next strike, but he made no move to avoid it. He shifted his nose back into place and snorted gently into his handkerchief, dabbing away the blood as Bori panted.

“You son of a bitch... It's bad enough that the king is putting together his new army, but now I have to deal with this mess...”

Tirio nodded slightly and pinched the bridge of his nose lightly.

“Is there an official report?”

Bori nodded and handed Tirio a slip of paper.

“Here's the account from Petra, she was the one who led the attack and the only one who made it out unscathed.”

Tirio unfolded the paper and read it carefully.
>>
-

The attack was carried out according using tactical formation seven, a pincer formation designed to create a wide net should the quarry try to escape. This was our first mistake. We had assumed that she was unaware of our pursuit, but she had created a heavily fortified position and rigged the area with traps. Initial scouting showed no valid sniping positions to get around her defensive perimeter, and the frontal assault was met with a number of difficulties thanks to her preparations.

Several men were injured by snares and spike traps and had to retreat to seek medical aid, diminishing our forces to fourteen soldiers and the mages. Ten archers approached from the east, and four from the west, with support from the mages, including myself and my second-in-command, Ancio. I will be referring to my squad as the primary squad, and the other group as the secondary squad.

The secondary squad was to initiate the attack and provoke our enemies into focusing their efforts in their direction. While I don't have a full account myself, from what I saw they made use of alchemical assault to neutralize them, a combination of bombs and explosive gas. Those that weren't knocked out by the gas were rendered unconscious by the concussive blasts. Minimal bodily harm as far as I could tell, mainly disorientation and loss of consciousness. We believed that they had exhausted their firepower and moved in for a sneak attack.

We were wrong.

During the assault we were forced to enter a maze of passages, tunnels and corridors constructed specifically to disrupt our movements and force us to fight on their terms. Our mages were ineffective thanks to their combination of illusion magic with mundane traps, and by the time we reached them their ragtag band of fresh fighters was an even match for our weary and battered lot. All except one.
>>
Kotijah Imidarius is to be moved up two threat levels immediately, potentially a third. Her combination of swordsmanship and magical abilities gave her forces the clear advantage. Spells were ineffective against her, and she simply shrugged off the efforts of our mages to contain her. She boasts a number of offensive and defensive fire spells, and she mocked us by singing during the fight.

Among her group are a number of notable threats. A girl named Sena who possesses a great potential for divine and necromantic magic. Her combat abilities appeared limited at first, but her combination of necromantic power and manipulation of Essence had her opponent on their back foot the entire fight.

Taret Black, a former knight, is among her allies. His arrival at a critical moment in the fight negated our attempt to retake momentum. We have reason to believe that he has secretly been studying divine magic, as he bolstered and healed Kotijah's allies upon his arrival.

Gimbly Durab apparently counts himself among her comrades now. He worked in concert with a boy from the nearby village by the name of Pirin, an apprentice or protege of his. While not a threat at present, Pirin's association with this group and his mentoring by Gimbly will most certainly lead to him becoming a threat in the future.

Gil, who one of our men recognized from a previous attempt to apply to our order, shows proficiency with ranged combat. His knowledge of our general strategy and tactics may have played a role in our defeat, and I recommend we completely revise how we manage our recruit selection process.

An unknown alchemist with cat ears played a supporting role during the melee, and is likely the one behind the gas. Her advanced knowledge of practical alchemy is to be noted and prepared for during all subsequent encounters with this group.
>>
Lastly, Millefiore was noted as being a part of their group, with several changes to her appearance. The absence of Vanitas among them and her apparent development of earth aligned magic leads me to believe that they have fused.

-

Tirio folded the paper back up and looked at Bori for a few moments.

“And this is all verified?”

Bori nodded slightly.

“Correct. Down to the last detail. We're bringing her in.”

Tirio paused for a few moments.

“I don't see a death toll on here.”

Bori gritted his teeth.

“They didn't kill anyone. They knocked out, disarmed and humiliated every single person there, but they didn't kill anyone.”

Tirio nodded and handed Bori the paper.

“They killed seven. And there were a dozen people we weren't previously aware of at their base.”

Bori looked at the paper for a moment.

“My boss won't like that you had me send my men on that kind of mission. Your faulty intel cost us over half a dozen soldiers.”

Tirio nodded a bit.

“It can't be helped. They've taken my daughter after all. Kidnapped her and forced her to fuse with her corrupted sister to influence her mind.”

Bori walked over to his desk.

“Get out of here, Tirio. I have work to do.”

Tirio bowed slightly and smiled.

“By all means then. Carry on.”

-
>>
The fire is bright and cheerful, and Gimbly and Pirin are singing loudly while Kat downs her third pint of the evening. Your victory was won handily, but everyone worked hard, and has been celebrating all afternoon and evening, and the smell of smoke and alcohol is heavy in the air. It's not unpleasantly so, but it's certainly there.

You smile to yourself as you watch things unfold, sighing and leaning against one of the stone pillars that Millie erected earlier and glancing over at her as she dances around. Sena is by the fire toying with the heart and using it to help her toast some sausages, and Gil is doing his best to relax and keep Kat out of trouble at the same time. The only person not accounted for is Taret, who is over by the tent organizing his pack.

>Check in with Taret
>Grab a pint and relax
>Dance party with Millie
>Join in with the singing
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43697050
>>Check in with Taret
>>
>>43697114
>>43697050
Also good stuff BTQM, shame our plan didn't work.
>>
>>43697225
It went mostly according to plan. Your traps thinned out their numbers, you bombed and gassed them to take out half their group, and when they engaged you wore them down before beating them down. Only one got away, and the rest were left alive but beaten soundly.
>>
>>43697050

>Other (write-in)
Now it's time to plan what we originally came to this town to do.

Learn us some of that holy magic.

Also get more leads on the Star Sword.
>>
>>43697050
Where are we keeping our prisoners at?

Can we talk to them?

I kinda want Kotijah to just break all their expectations about her and they see she's not only a good person but one who's been wronged.
>>
>>43697050
>Check in with Taret
>>
>>43697511
Right now they're all bound in chains made of Essence on the other side of a stone wall. Sena said the chains will disintegrate over time, so sometime tomorrow they'll have enough wiggle room to start escaping back to the capitol if you don't have Sena refresh things.
>>
>>43697573
Alright.

I'd still like to check'em out. Ask if they need food, water or anything like that. Creep them the fuck out by acting super nice even though we beat the shit out of their group.

Also did we get any neat loot from the Oak members?
>>
>>43697593
You have yet to loot your enemies and raid their supplies, but you can if you like. I'll give you a list of their equipment if you decide to do that.
>>
>>43697619
My dragon urge to roll around in all our acquired stuff is too strong to resist.
>>
>>43697619
Check in on Taret first. They're not going anywhere.
>>
>>43697656
The standard equipment for their troops includes an enchanted bow that increases accuracy in adverse conditions. It does nothing to improve your actual aim, but it compensates well for things like wind, moving terrain and long distances. They also have boots that ease travel over long distances and through rough terrain, and backpacks that are bigger on the inside containing rations for at least two weeks, including fresh water, dried meat and bars made from dried fruit and nuts. Think pemmican.

One of the mages has robes that make the wearer's body conductive, and he used those in conjunction with lightning spells to charge his body up and punch people. Another has a focusing lens that he combined with fire magic to turn his fire blasts into focused beams of flame. The third has a spade and a trowel. You don't know if they're magical or not since their aura seems weak at best, but merely inspecting them in front of him makes him weep uncontrollably and mutter about his garden at home and his favorite tools. Taking them from him makes you feel bad about yourself.
>>
>>43697571
>>43697693
That's more votes than either of the other options has received. Gonna do first to three on this one though. I have to sleep for work, but I can get a post in before bed, and tomorrow is more laid back so I can post at work. Just like old times~
>>
>>43697114
>>43697571
>>43697693
>>
>>43697783
>Give back the garden tools when they're freed of their chains

Okay I feel like an ass about that one. Just make sure he can't murder us with'em.

The bow would be good for Gil, the lens is obviously for us. The Electric Robes should go to Millie.

Spread the boots out to the people who walk the most.
>>
>>43697876
...fair... Anything in particular you guys want to say to him?

You know, besides punching him and then kissing him. "That's for kissing me without asking... and that's for coming back".
>>
>>43697931
Ask how he is doing. If he noticed any undead on his trip, What he thinks of the sugar glass sculptures Millie seems to have fun making then eating.
>>
>>43697931
>"You know I'm getting that Star Sword right?"
Sweet dual wielding magic sword action.

>"So how do you plan on saving this poor sinner's soul?"
>>
>>43697998
And then I had to put on "Friends On The Other Side" to get it out of my head. Thanks.
>>
>>43697998
Meh he needs a better sword and we'll be a dragon soon. We don't need it.
>>
File: dragons layer.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
dragons layer.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>43698021
I'm glad I effected you in some way.

ALSO HERE'S A DRAGONS LAYER!

NO THE SPELLING IS NOT WRONG

DANNY SEXBANG LAYS WITH DRAGONS

its hot
>>
>>43698062
Danny Sexbang is awesome and anyone who says otherwise can have a different opinion that I will respect because people are allowed to be wrong if they want.
>>
>>43698046
Well we still need the sword when we get the power of the rose.

Or we spare the monster/princess thing because we're a monster/princess thing too.

There's always a third option though.
Not quite clear what it is yet.
>>
>>43698062
And now the mental image of Taret being Danny Sexbang won't get out of my head.
>>
>>43698095
Now Arin's girl voice is the dragon's. Mwahahaha.
>>
>>43698095
I mean if you're alright with him being a "dragons layer" then sure, go for it. Innuendos ensue, fanfic writers ready their pens, I spend a week writing nothing but smut... You know, the usual.
>>
>>43698087
That entire thing is Allegsiet's ploy to take us over and make sure the Star knight won't off him like last time he arose. With enough gold we could dragon up without his help.
>>
>>43698087
I believe Taret is coming with us and I don't want the sword in our possession just in case our ancestor has a way to banish or destroy it if/when he bodyjacks us from using a boon.

Not sure the rose is anything other than a trap.
>>
>>43698131

Why not use our handi dandi new part earth elemental Millie to find natural deposits of gold ore and use that?
>>
>>43698180
We'd still need it refined and processed and by that time we'd be over run by necromancers or elementals.
>>
>>43698202
What did dragons use before the process of goldsmithing?

Did they take a hobby of refining and processing that before any races could even understand what gold even was?
>>
You turn away from the party and head for the tent, pulling the flap back and stepping inside. Taret's iridescent armor glows with a pale light that only barely illuminates the tent, laid out on the ground beside his sheathed sword. Taret is in the corner rummaging through his pack as though looking for something. You take a moment to just look at him, this man who flew across the sea to come save you. The shirtlessness is, admittedly, a bit of a plus, but you don't let yourself get hung up on that.

“Taret.”

He tenses visibly and turns towards you, smiling sheepishly.

“Hi there. Sorry about wandering off. I'm always a little awkward at parties, so I figured I'd come in here first and get things sorted out. I needed a quick wash after the fight anyway. I promise I'll be out shortly.”

You let the tent flap drop as you step into the tent.

“I need to have a word with you.”

Taret nods slightly. You can barely see him in the dim light, but your eyes are adjusting quickly.

“Alright. What is it?”

There's nervousness in his voice, but you can hear the smile.

“I wanted to know how you've been, any exciting news, that sort of thing. I wanted to know how you plan to save my soul, if you've got a plan.”

Taret nods a bit and walks towards you.

“The trip was uneventful for the most part. I've been well in most regards. I don't yet have a plan, but I'm working on a theory Ruby pointed me towards. And... I don't mean to sound pushy, but I seem to recall you telling me you'd think about a certain question... Or at least, it was implied. I know there are other matters to attend to, but... just so I know where we stand right now...”

You look down a bit. That one was expected, but you haven't had much time to think about things. Still, you've been able to give it at least some thought.

>I need more time
>Let's just be friends for now
>I've made up my mind, let's give this a shot
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43698234
Since Allegsiet was the first dragon, and was born like he is, my bet was he dug it up and refined it himself, or just settled for gems, and hyper pure ore veins.
>>
>>43698287
>I've made up my mind, let's give this a shot
why not he was willing to go against everything to help us, and he can actually put an equal amount of effort into the relationship.
>>
>>43698234
>>43698289
Natural crystals of all manner of shapes and sizes. Their fire breath stoked the first forges, and they directed their minions to shape and purify ores. Their first treasures were natural jewels, but the more effort and craftsmanship that goes into a treasure, the more value it has, both monetary and in terms of power potential.
>>
>>43698287
>"If I declared my feelings to you now, Allegiset would use it against me and try to hurt you. I won't have that. I care for you Taret, I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like you."

>"I never saw myself with anyone. Not in my village, not with Gil, not even with the various suitors that my uncle tried to push on to me as disguised tutors. I even tried to date but that didn't end very well. I've always thought of myself as a loner romantically."

>"I don't even know where to begin in a relationship or what my role would be. I don't want to be a house wife, nor do I desire to be a mother for a long time."

>"You are going against everything you believe in, and against everyone you've ever known because of me. I don't think I could ever match that but...I still can give you this."

THEN KISS HIM.

MAYBE SOME TONGUE.
>>
>>43698515
Mention big A by name without magic wards, isn't the best idea mate.
>>
>>43698615
I thought that was for his true name, not his first name.

Didn't Sena say it?
>>
>>43698640
Indeed, his true name is the one that could blow up in your face spectacularly, for better or for worse.
>>
>>43698640
He still keeps watch over our head and memories and he will have a shit fit if we mention him to Taret. Taret already knows though. His true name fucks up our soul and body.
>>
>>43698682
He can also now take control of us for brief periods of time without our consent.
>>
>>43698704
He can try that before too, and can mindwipe us or attempt too at will. We cannot afford to take any more boons, period.
>>
>>43698719
Alright. So don't name Dragon pappy directly by any name.

We'll just call him Barry from now on.
>>
>>43698744
Or Ross.

Yeah Ross is better.

>GODDAMNIT ROSS!
>>
>>43698777
MILK PLEASE
>>
You walks closer, one step at a time.

“When I was growing up, I was the outsider. You look at me and you don't see it, but growing up everyone thought I was a menace.”

You chuckle softly and sigh, peeling off your gloves and tossing them aside.

“Maybe it was my claws. Or just my charming disposition.”

You look at your hands, then at Taret.

“I never thought I'd have a chance like this. I mean, I've tried going on a date to see what it was like, and it was kinda fun, but... With you it's not just... You want something more than just taking me to bed. I've never had that before, not really. Offers, sure, but they've all turned out to be empty. You've gone against everything you've believed in for me, just to prove a point.”

Taret laughs quietly and shakes his head.

“Not at all. I believe in you, and in goodness. I'd be going against my beliefs by not doing those things.”

You roll your eyes and chuckle, moving right in front of him.

“My point is that I'd be foolish to say no. But I don't want to put you in danger. If I say yes, it puts a target on your back. My ancestor has been helping me down the path to becoming a dragon, and he hates humans. He doesn't want my bloodline thinned out any further, assuming I decide to become a mother in the first place... I don't want the only man I'd be willing to take a chance on to be taken from me.”

Taret nods and wraps his hands around yours. They're warm, rough and strong, and he gives you a reassuring smile.

“I'll watch your back, and you watch mine. A knight to fight knights, and a dragon to fight dragons. It seems a fair plan to me.”

He releases your hands and embraces you, and you rest your head against his shoulder for a moment.

“Hey, Taret? You know how they say turnabout is fair play?”

Taret tilts his head slightly to look at you.

“...Yes...?”
>>
>>43698802
Is it bad I wanna play a Become A Grump styled quest now?
>>
You grab his head and pull him into a kiss, pressing your lips to his the same way he did to you when you projected yourself to the island he was on. He wobbles unsteadily for a moment before finding his footing and holding you close as he kisses back. The moment seems to drag on forever, but as you break away you find yourself wishing you had carried on a little longer. Taret's face is bright red, you can see it even in the faint light, and he's staring at you with a bashful smile.

“...F-Fair play indeed...”

>Close the tent up, time for some alone time
>Drag Taret off to the party, it's celebration time
>Leave Taret to finish what he's doing and rejoin the others
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43698828
Wait til April 1st
>>
>>43698838
>Drag Taret off to the party, it's celebration time
>>
>>43698838

Give him a lil' suger and then take it away!

Let's go observe what the others are doing.
>>
>>43698852
Gonna hold you to that.
>>
>>43699064
...what have I done...
>>
>>43698838
>>
I've gotta hit the hay so I can be up on time for work, but I'll be posting bright and early tomorrow and continuing during the work day. I'll check the votes when I wake up.
>>
File: game grumps.jpg (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
game grumps.jpg
63 KB, 400x400
>>43699123
>>43699267
I MADE A THING.
>>
>>43699349
yikes
>>
>>43699985
Took me 40,000,000,000,000 hours in paint

Also that font is hard to find.
>>
>>43698838
>>Drag Taret off to the party, it's celebration time
It's party time, muthafucka. Enough of this pussyfooting around, we need to bed us a knight.
>>
>>43698838
>>
You give Taret one more peck on the lips for good measure before gently pulling back from him.

"Hurry up with what you're doing, alright? We have a victory to celebrate."

Taret nods a little and chuckles.

"Of course. I don't think a party will be so bad with someone I trust so much beside me. I'll only be a moment more, I'm looking for a spare shirt."

You head for the exit to the tent.

"I don't mind what you're wearing right now, but do what feels right."

You walk out as Taret replies, smirking to yourself.

"But I'm not wea- oh, I see."

You head back towards the party with a smile on your face, and round the corner to find Kat and Gil walking towards you. Kat is holding a fizzing, steaming mug of something that smells like burnt wood and caramel, and Gil has an expression of concern on his face. Kat offers you the mug with a smile.

"I made you a drink! It's a personal specialty, guaranteed to knock your socks off in the best possible way!"

Gil looks you dead in the eye and shakes his head, as if he's seen this before and is warning you against it.

>Down the hatch, you only live once
>Does it come in a smaller size?
>I'm sticking with ale tonight
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43703335
>Does it come in a smaller size
>>
>>43703335
>Does it come in a smaller size?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.