[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tl;dr Suggest a system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1435590399485.jpg (87 KB, 480x457) Image search: [Google]
1435590399485.jpg
87 KB, 480x457
My good friend and I want to run campaigns, we love GMing, but we get burnt out or the campaign naturally falls off a cliff after a few weeks/months. We find ourselves talking about RPGs a lot and have decided now is the time to try something crazy for both our sakes – a co-GM game.

Our basic premise is the players and us develop a world and fill it with inhabitants, be they races, tribes, or overused hive-mind mushrooms. Then, the players effectively control or guide a race/tribe/group etc, be it via the aspect of them playing as a God within the setting, or as an immortal hero, or a general guiding rod for the civilization, whatever fits with the constructed setting or race. We will both discuss matters, produce and coordinate events between the players, and make sure everyone is having fun.

Our big problem now is finding a system that accomplishes this, giving us an actual system to work with whilst not tying us down too heavily to RAW bullshit. We will be running it online, if that changes anything. We have experience in the FFG 40k systems, and a little bit of Fate.

Any ideas?
>>
I do wish the Quest threads would migrate over to their designated board.

Bump.
>>
Last bump.
>>
>>47504201
Right now, this sounds like a VERY long-term game of Microscope, smushed together with Kingdom., though it's probably not what you're looking for.

Microscope is a sort-of-but-not-quite collabrative world/history building game. Collaborative in that you work together, but not in that you do not create by committee. At the start of the game, people have the option to veto out elements, or make suggestions or ask questions during play; but while it's your turn to add something to the world, you have creative control (within the rules).

Kingdom is from the same designer, but I don't know it as well. AFAIK, the game is about a community going through Troubles, with the players taking roles of specific individuals within that community.
>>
>>47504508
Thanks dude, we'll look into those. Thus far we have been tempted with just using Fate or some light-rule stuff, mixed House generation rules from the Green Ronin Game of Thrones system and perhaps using some rules from Dark Dungeons, though we have not looked at either right now.
>>
>>47504714
Just wanted to post the Microscope PDF, but it was autoflagged for copyright violation..
Will upload else where and put a link here after dinner.
>>
>>47504201
I suggest the "upgrade" to fate the Dresden files. It's got slightly more crunch to it.
Or Numeria/The Strange. A little more crunch - a lot people here on /tg/ hate it, but I suggest try it yourself.
>>
>>47504777
Thanks once again!

>>47504825
We will look into it - cheers.
>>
File: NOTSPAM.png (1 KB, 356x22) Image search: [Google]
NOTSPAM.png
1 KB, 356x22
>>47505036
For some reason, 4chan seems to think the download link constitutes as spam. So here's an image with the download link in it. Soory it's got to be this convoluted.
>>
>>47504201
Dawn of Worlds might be a good way to start, for actual play there's Reign and Kingdom.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.