[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was just in the "Why are high level wizards far more powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1459028020623[1].gif (3 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1459028020623[1].gif
3 MB, 300x168
Was just in the "Why are high level wizards far more powerful than high level fighters?" thread, and before it ended, the two people bickering by the end said this:

>There's also the fact that a fighter could just buy a ring of spell storing and apply anti-magic field charges to it when needed if it's absolutely necessary, but even then it's over-kill.

>Which isn't a solution to any problems I gave, and costs an enormous amount of WBL, and also completely nerfs the Fighter because the AMF turns off all his gear.

Sorry, but last time I checked, magical items don't turn off gear. They make them non-magical, but they all still be used.

Also:
>There's also the fact that a fighter could just buy a ring of spell storing and apply anti-magic field charges to it when needed if it's absolutely necessary, but even then it's over-kill

Do those even fucking exist? The ring would cancel itself out, wouldn't it?
>>
>>47494683
>The ring would cancel itself out, wouldn't it?
A ring of spell storing allows you to store a spell in it, then cast that spell out of it later. They're talking about storing an anti-magic field spell in a ring of spell storing... once cast, the anti-magic field would prevent you from casting anything else out of the ring of spell-storing until the anti-magic field ended, but it wouldn't cancel out the spell that had already been cast.
>>
File: wizard.jpg (555 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
555 KB, 1600x1070
>>47494683
My understanding of the ring of spell storing is that the spell is not active until it is cast.

It's possible for a high level fighter to beat a high level wizard, but canonically it's difficult because of the amount of thoughtfulness and planning involved in being an experienced wizard is far greater than that of being an experienced fighter.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (70 KB, 433x461) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
70 KB, 433x461
>>47494683
first off, i quickly searched up the rules for antimagic field on d20pfsrd, and they mention this:
>it prevents the functioning of any magic items or spells within its confines.

>Sorry, but last time I checked, magical items (sic - did you mean AMF or something?) don't turn off gear. They make them non-magical, but they all still be used.
what the fuck did you think he meant by 'turn off'?

>Do those even fucking exist? The ring would cancel itself out, wouldn't it?
they do, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-spell-storing
it specifically lets you cast the spells as if you had them, but without spell components
the only problem is that it can only store 5 levels or less of spells - antimagic field is level 6 at the minimum, so it's not legal at all unless your DM fudges some stuff for you.

but assuming you managed to get AMF into a RoSS then you can cast it whenever you can spend a standard action, but THEN all your magical items become ordinary items until the spell wears off or you leave its area (but leaving the area is impossible since it's centered on the caster and follows them for the full duration) - so you won't be able to cast anything more from the RoSS, and you better hope you weren't using, say, a belt of giant's strength to help carry your gear
>>
Op, you need to keep in mind that this debate has gotten so out of hand and has never focused on the problem being fixed.

If anyone was ever actually interested in fixing the problem, a fixed set of martial classes would have been given a sticky by now. Those threads exist only to bitch, whine and stroke anti dnd cock.
>>
>>47495619
Who the fuck hates DnD to the point that they're anti DnD? Just don't play.
>>
>>47495695
Exactly how new are you?
>>
>>47494683
Daily reminder Artemis Entreri had trouble beating an entry level Battlemage when he was still top dog in Pook's gig.
>>
>>47495695
Such innocence...
>>
>>47495733
New, and apparently I've solved the problem. You're welcome.
>>
File: have you tried not playing D&D.jpg (45 KB, 489x638) Image search: [Google]
have you tried not playing D&D.jpg
45 KB, 489x638
>>47495695

The only thing people are more protective of than the system they love is the system they hate.
>>
>>47495767
Have you ever been on the Internet before?
>>
>>47495767
Oh sweet summer child o mine
>>
>>47495619
You can't fix the problem without rewriting 3.pf mechanics from the ground up, tho.
The game would no longer resemble 3.pf at all, and people would bitch about solutuions that work.
>>
File: yourewelcome.png (162 KB, 299x223) Image search: [Google]
yourewelcome.png
162 KB, 299x223
>>47495733
>>47495757
>>47495767
>>47495792
>>47495802
>>
>>47495619

Everyone in those threads is stroking-off to any one of a number of elements going on in those clusterfuck/circlejerks. Caster fags are stroking to caster-supremacy, martial fags are stroking to martial utility, people who dislike D&D, 3.PF in particular, are stroking off to systems with better balance between the two, trolls are just stroking...
>>
>>47495833
I wish someone would stroke my troll
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.