[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could hypnosis be used to improve roleplaying games? Is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1448848396600.jpg (161 KB, 478x689) Image search: [Google]
1448848396600.jpg
161 KB, 478x689
Could hypnosis be used to improve roleplaying games?
Is it worth the risk of a player doing something incredibly stupid because they genuinely believe they are their character?
>>
Couldn't be more stupid than making this thread desu.
>>
>>47463698
Hypnosis is not a confirmed phenomenon and is largely discredited, though it does help in reducing pain felt by patients.
-source: Took a psychology course in high school+college.
>>
>>47463807
It's apparently consequential enough to have laws forbidding its practice in many countries and states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stage_hypnosis

I remember attending a stage hypnosis show in high school, and while it was rather entertaining, what really amazed me was when a friend of mine, who had not been initially selected to go up on the stage, fell into a trance while sitting in the audience. We thought he had sort of fell asleep while sitting up, and we couldn't rouse him awake.

Without missing a beat, the hypnotist lead him gently onto the stage, and made him do all sorts of outrageous stunts for our amusement. It was quite surreal.
>>
>>47464016
There are also laws against performing witchcraft
>>
>>47463698
You want Dark Dungeons to happen for real? Because this is how Dark Dungeons happens for real.
>>
File: 1461970966335.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461970966335.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47463698
>Is it worth the risk of a player doing something incredibly stupid because they genuinely believe they are their character?
Obviously.

Why did you even need to ask? Are you some kind of normie?
>>
>>47463698
>worth the risk
>hypnosis
>risk
dumb shitposter
https://desustorage.org/tg/search/filename/1448848396600/type/op/
>>
>>47463698
Ok, my knowledge about hynosis is very low, but what I know, I doubt that it would work, and either way, it isn't worth the effort...
>>
>>47464789
None of those are shitposts, though. What exactly are you trying to prove? That one guy uses that image a lot to start varying threads that all have some kind of grounding in traditional games? So fucking what?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2011-03-06-10h52m32s154.png (637 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2011-03-06-10h52m32s154.png
637 KB, 720x540
>>47463698
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>47463698

This smells like a very subtle Magic Realm...
>>
>>47465578
Subtle like a brick to the head.
>>
>>47465578
Supposedly out there are people who use hypnosis that don't jerk off to it, but I have my doubts. Every hypnotist I've ever seen is kind of a creeper
>>
File: you disgrace me.png (159 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
you disgrace me.png
159 KB, 476x345
>>47465578
>>47465707
Quit memeing. Just because something CAN be a fetish does not mean that it always is, even on /tg/. Or /d/, for that matter.

There are some people on here who are so trigger-happy to call anything "magical realm" that I have no idea how they could actually function in a real roleplaying group.
>playing an elf is an elf fetish
>playing a dwarf is a hair fetish
>playing a half-elf is a crossbreeding fetish
>playing a dragonborn is a reptilian fetish
>playing a gnome or halfling is a size difference/midge/dwarf fetish
>playing a female martial character of any kind is a musclegirl fetish
>playing a female caster character of any kind is a femdom fetish
>playing a bard indicates you have a casual sex fetish
>playing with a low Intelligence score is a bimbo/brute fetish
>playing a monk who wears sandals is a foot fetish
>playing a cleric that can heal is a subby healer fetish
>playing a cleric that can raise the dead is a necrophilia fetish
>picking up a fucking rope during character creation or tying up incapacitated baddies is a bondage fetish
>a wizard wearing a robe is a bottomless fetish because who knows what they've got on under there
It's goddamn embarrassing. Not everything that could possibly be construed as a fetish calls for shrieks of "magical realm." Fucking Christ.
>>
>>47464789
Those are all pretty legit questions, desu.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.