[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong ? Did Milan, dare I say it, just wanted it more ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 600.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
What went wrong ?
Did Milan, dare I say it, just wanted it more ?
>>
Romario himslef that Barca were so full of themselves with their on-paper superiority that they hadn't given too much mind to actually psyching themselves up for the match. He said something like "we only went there to collect a trophy, not to play" Milan's cautious style of play and their opportunistic attacks clearly exploited Barca's laziness to devastating effect.

Now this isn't to say that Milan were in any way outright underdogs....... i mean multiple world record signings and 5 CL finals in the space of 6 years leaves you wondering just what it is that happened in 93 and 95.
>>
>>67492055
>Romario himself SAID*
>>
>>67492055
>we were le arrogant xD
>if w-we played seriously we would win

tiki taka fails against a good defence episode 1
>>
>>67491298
>>67492055
>>67492154

Barcelona were arrogant going into that game, they left Michael Laudrup on the bench.
>>
>>67492055
>Now this isn't to say that Milan were in any way outright underdogs
This. I've heard that LE MILAN WERE SCARED AND SHAKING explanation a lot but I really dont believe it since Milan were arguably the only other supersquad on the continent in 1994. Not to say that Barca wasn't a spectacularly staffed at that time, but the difference was negligible.
>>
>>67491298

The scoreline perfectly reflected the difference in quality between AC Milan and Barcelona.

AC Milan was the superpower of the early 90's, Olympique Marseille wasthe anti-Milan and Barsa was a glorified meme that meme his way into the 92 final against Kaiserslautern and Sampdoria (because AC Milan was banned from participating that year due to all the banter the previous year in the semi vs Marseille).
>>
You guys are fucking nerds.
>>
>>67493926
94 Barca was loaded as fuck m8. Certainly no meme team.
>>
>>67500103
You can load your team with as many superstars as you like, but you still have to play them without boastfulness and, more importantly, as a unit. In that 93/94 final, Barça didn't.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd3jzD-3tLY
>>
>>67492154
This. Barcafags still too buttbombed to admit that they were up against a better side
>>
File: dodatak_44_1_thumb_2.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dodatak_44_1_thumb_2.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
Savicevic turned GOAT mode on
>>
File: sep2.jpg (165 KB, 1095x1071) Image search: [Google]
sep2.jpg
165 KB, 1095x1071
>>67492154
>tiki taka fails against a good defence episode 1
That would be the 1974 WC final
>>
>>67500103
The Galacticos Madrid were loaded and they still were a meme team
>>
Steaua Bucharest
>>
>>67493926
That Samp was fucking GOAT
>>
>>67505488
For the last time, Galacticos Ep. 1 was little more than the sports world's greatest and most successful marketing stunt
>>
File: istanbul 2005.jpg (163 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
istanbul 2005.jpg
163 KB, 1200x800
Soulless team vs Look at me everyone! team
>>
>Rossi
>Tassotti
>Galli
>Maldini
>Panucci
>Boban
>Albertini
>Desailly
>Donadoni
>Savićević
>Massaro

They sure where an inferior team on paper :^)
Plus their manager was quite bad, right?
>>
>>67492154
>>67492154
stick to posting machines
>>
>>67492216
>>67493926
That AC Milan was a far cry from Arrigo Sacchi's

Then again I guess almost all teams in history are
>>
>>67505446
total football =/= tiki taka

totall football is a legit strat but since the spaniards are little manelts that can pass well and run a lot, they had to bastardize it to a boring side passing strat
>>
>>67506152
Cruyff's Barca isn't equal to tiki taka either, but they are fair comparison, like Sacchi's Milan is as well, because they are all about managing the space with pressing and keeping possession
Cruyff, Sacchi, Aragonès-Guardiola, all of them based their systems on Michel's one
>>
>Greek Stadiums were still using FlipDisc displays in 1994

Why were they so poor? Every other world class stadium already had giant LED and LCD displays
>>
>>67506152
So passing is not a legit strat? What determines whether a strat is legit?
>>
Which Milan are we talking about lads?
>>
Someone boast youtube links. My phone cant play webims and apu's finished all of todays work for me.
>>
>>67492154
Cruyff's team didnt play tiki taka
>>
>>67506390

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_5Jhs654w4
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.