[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big 12 expansion linked to greater CFP chances, research suggests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Big_12.jpg (57 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_12.jpg
57 KB, 639x360
PHOENIX -- The Big 12's data research shows that the league will have to make a change to its current format to maximize its chances of making the College Football Playoff.

That includes expanding back to 12 teams.

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said the analytics firm the league recently hired, Navigate Research, revealed that a 12-team league with an eight-game conference schedule and a championship game was the best model for putting a team in the CFP.

The Big 12 currently has 10 teams, a nine-game conference schedule and no championship game.
>>
>This week in Phoenix, the Big 12's athletic directors and coaches are holding their annual spring meeting. Later in May, the conference's president will convene in Irving, Texas.

>Oklahoma president and new Big 12 board chairman David Boren has said he'd like to see the Big 12 take action this summer to expand, add a championship game and form a conference network. Boren has said that until the Big 12 does all three, it will be "psychologically disadvantaged."

>Bowlsby said he didn't think the league would be ready to take any major votes in the late May meeting, but he added that it would be in the league's best interest to move forward as quickly as possible, perhaps later in the summer.

>"Once we get the diagnostics done and the data analysis done, we need to get down the path and make some decisions," Bowlsby said. "There's no sense in dragging it out once we know all the pieces to the puzzle."
>>
Takeaways:

1) Big 12 is psychologically disadvantaged.
>Someone put this on a t-shirt
2) Cincinnati when?
>BYU GTFO
>>
Good luck getting OU and UT to play in Boise.
>>
>>67333721
Geographically disadvantaged.

No reason to dip into the Mountain time zone, all new teams will come from EST or CST because distance (also WVU, but why the fuck are they still here).
>>
well it took them long enough to figure it out
>>
>>67333860
>That Texas education
>>
>the south finally learning that 10 does not equal 12
i don't buy it. i expect it to take until 2025 for them to crack that code
>>
>The numbers run by Chicago-based Navigate Research show the Big 12 has a 4-5 percent better chance of reaching the top four in the CFP by adding two teams, playing one less conference game and holding a championship game, commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Monday.
>4-5 percent better chance of reaching the top four
>4-5 percent better chance

Significant figures right there boys. Time to call up Missouri State and Tulsa
>>
>>67334371

you mean colorado state and byu
>>
Time to get Tulane and Memphis. Can't wait to party in NOLA every other year for football. Hopefully my team won't be raping all the wimminz out there.
>>
>>67333610
I would live to work for the people the Big 12 hired. I mean what fucking analysis could they have done based off of 2 seasons with a committee of changing membership? This is just an excuse for Bowlsby to hear what he wants
>>
>>67333581
Add university of Houston
>>
NDSU when?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.