[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else getting tired of the NBA? I remember how excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7
File: nba-logo.jpg (24 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
nba-logo.jpg
24 KB, 500x487
Is anyone else getting tired of the NBA?

I remember how excited I was when I was first getting into it, and how much fun I had watching the games. Even today I still like the sport of basketball, but the league itself is starting to piss me off.

For one thing, I'm beginning to get really bothered by the lack of parity. Every year it's the same few teams that make it to the last few rounds of the playoffs. It's the same few teams that make the playoffs too. The NFL has the Patriots, but overall there's a lot more churn of the teams that reach the postseason, and the teams that advance one they get there. But without fail it's the Spurs, it's the Thunder, it's whatever team LeBron is on. This is the sixth fucking time in a row that LeBron is going to be in the Finals.

Speaking of LeBron, another thing I don't like is that the NBA seems to be encouraging me to be a faggoty sort of fan. So many fans these days root for players over teams, and the league seems to encourage this. They seem to want me to somehow root for LeBron and Curry and Westbrook even when they're not on my favorite team. If they were, I would root for them, but since they're not I want them to fail, but that's not what the NBA seems to want me to think.

Combined with both of those, I really don't like the changes the Spurs and the Warriors have ushered in regarding the playing style. I hate this huge focus on perimeter shots now, it was exciting at first but it's boring these days.

Overall I just find myself not watching any more, even now that it's the playoffs. Anyone else feel similarly?
>>
I liked it out of all the leagues the most when I was a teenager. I notice the NBA is really popular among kids, but almost everyone grows out of it.

The main problems now.
-Super predictable. Golden State will play San Antonio in the WCF, San ANtonio has like a 20% chance to win? Then the winner rapes Cleveland in the Finals. There's like 3 or 4 relevant teams in the league.

-The players don't give a shit at all. The games are so lackluster, noone looks like their trying. Probably because they realize unless your on GS, SA, or CLE you are irrelevant. Or because their all lazy niggers..... all the players are buddy buddy. They need to bring physical play back to inspire intensity.

-League is now associated with kids(Teens) and niggers. Everyone grows out of it because the league is just player only fans. Not that I blame them because sticking by a team when 95% of them are irrelevant is retarded.
>>
>So many fans these days root for players over teams, and the league seems to encourage this.

This is 100% true and /sp/ is infested with this as well. Every fucking day you see a Kobe vs Lebron, Lebron vs Curry, Duncan vs Kobe argument. In most cases people either love or hate a player, they don't really care about teams.
>>
>>67335051
I absolutely agree with this

I LOVE basketball but the league is definitely hurting itself. For one thing, the games are so hard to watch now. The ads are unbearable for one thing, but holy shit the in-stadium atmosphere is SHIT nowadays. I won't bother going off on that rant because Bill Burr did a great job of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gqrptj0Pc&ab_channel=MMPC

The refball has gotten really bad, I totally agree with the focus on players rather than teams. The casual fan doesn't even know the names of anyone past the best 2 or 3 guys on a team. It's just shitting itself up.
>>
steph curry killed the game of basketball

he's made it a sport that caters to nu males who are too soft to dunk all over another players face
>>
>>67335051
With basketball I'm only interested when watching my team. I can watch most other sports and be entertained no matter who's playing, but not basketball
>>
>>67338411
Cant expext people to get pumped up for fairy foot memeball. The league has butchered the game by removing physicality. How can we be accepted to just provide a great atmosphere? Fuck that. Cut the puss shit out.

Now it's totally dominated by sneaky fouls/cheap shots and flopping, and the people who ACTUALLY get good realize they're better off staying behind 3 and jacking up shots without having to deal with the bullshit pussy foul game inside.
>>
>>67338460
I definitely miss the physical inside game, but I disagree with the atmosphere not being there. I go just as nuts for a transition dunk by Giannis or a Mills three after gorgeous ball movement. Like it's not like the crowd isn't gonna cheer no matter how the ball goes into the bucket. I would much rather have nothing but organic sound (crowd cheering, sneakers squeaking, players yelling) than fucking shitty music and EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS XD and dj yelling. I also don't need to be entertained during every time out, I'm not retarded. While there's no action, you can chant or something like they do in football.

I dunno, the NBA just feels so commercial and it doesn't need to be cos it's one of those beautiful sports where you get to be RIGHT by the action and see it for real. I live in NZ and I would KILL to see these guys live. If I ever make it to the states for whatever reason, I'm gonna live in New Orleans where the stadium is just dead so I can enjoy the sport for the sport
>>
Its cuz its not as competitive as it used to be FUCK THE WARRIORS
>>
>>67335051
I agree with you 100%. I actually stop watching in the playoffs unless my team is in it because the refball has gotten intolerably bad.
>>
>>67338581
>EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS
This is way more tolerable in person. In TV it's insufferable.

Crowd/court noises, live orchestra, and tasteful commentary pls. No jumbotron. Cancel that audio out or something.
>>
>>67338581

I watched some Utah Jazz game a while ago and there was no dj or animator.
It was creepily silent, except for the sound of sneakers and coaches yelling.
>>
>>67339536
>literally playing music during gameplay

It shouldn't just be muted on TV, it needs to end. It's insulting to the game and embarrassing as fuck.
>>
>>67339536
The worst shit ever is when I'm streaming the game and instead of the half time show with some nice insight by Jalen Rose or whoever, I get to watch a magician at Oracle Arena!!!!

And to make things worse, this is the ONE moment where they decide to mute all the background noise, so it's just super fucking awkward cos the guy is doing his thing and there are literally no cheers to be heard, but you can still hear the music and the dj so it just sounds like literally no one cares about him

Which brings me to my next point, why the FUCK is there a magician at a basketball game. How unnecessary is that shit.
>>
>>67339536
>>67339729
>Animator
Is this actually a thing? Fucking atrocious
>>
>>67339729
I prefer this to what places like oracle and staples have right now, but in a perfect world I think it'd be completely organic sound and then a guy on the loudspeaker to start chants when it gets too awkward, like "defense" and shit

>>67339761
Music during gameplay is so insulting holy shit. I wonder if the players get bugged by it, you're trying to communicate with your teammates and you have to yell your plays over the sound of "I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE WHEN I'M WITH YOU, BUT I LOOOVE IT"
>>
>>67339771
I'd much rather watch the halftime show, makes you feel like you're at the game.

If you think you're getting "insight" from the network bubbleheads you must be pretty stupid. They day like one sentence each then go back to 5 minutes of commercials. I'll take the halftime show with no babbling announcers and real crowd noise any day.

It literally blows my mind that you want to hear MORE announcers. They talk the ENTIRE GAME.
>>
The NBA is currently in a talent bubble.

All the good players play for 3-4 teams. SAS, OKC, GSW, and a spot for wiggle room.

The goddamn 13th man for SAS is Andre Miller. A 40 year old PG who could probably make a massive impact coming off the bench for a team like Pheonix.

GSW is interesting because a couple seasons ago no one would have called this. They made a huge steal with Draymond so late in the draft and I think the are a legitimate good team, but again the Suns (a team once playoffs guaranteed).

The only thing I like in the NBA right now is young talent.

Giannis, Porzingod, KAT and other promising rookies could make SWEET dynasties and all I hope is they don't just go to SAS, GSW, OKC, or some other big team in free agency.
>>
>>67339771
>not enjoying that loose unit who stacks the chairs up and then climbs up the top with Darude Sandstorm playing in the background

Absolutely based.
>>
>>67339827
This x1000
>>
>>67339774
I'm probably using the wrong word.
>>
>>67339729
Fuck you BR Jazz games are how they're supposed to be, silence and concentration because our team needs everything it can to not be shit. The only thing I dislike is they always have black people dancing during the half time. Idk why but they have the commentators on the 2nd floor and you can walk in and see them doing their thing live
>>
The NBA has always been pretty top heavy. So only a few teams having a realistic chance at winning the title is nothing new.

The problem where I see it is that players aren't developing as well anymore. So many players come into the NBA that don't know how to do basic things. It makes so much of the basketball being played look bad.
>>
>>67339905
Where do they get the black dancers from? Do they import them from another state?
>>
>>67339837
do you actually think OKC is better than cleveland?
>>
fuck I miss football.... desu all other sports besides maybe world cup soccer suck ass.
>>
NBA has literally become that fifteen year old wigger on instagram that wears snapbacks and overuses emojis.

The refball is unbearable. Watching the LeBron elephant in china shop routine and Draymond Green screaming AND ONE like the gorilla he is fucking annoying I just stop watching after a few times. Play-offs have been boring as fuck as well this year. Last year you atleast had the Cavs - Bulls series that was pretty entertaining to name one.
>>
>>67340020
they drive a U-haul to Denver and round em up, only ends up costing a couple hundo....#worthit
>>
>>67340065
This

Is there another league somewhere i can start watching? I really like the sport but i hate what the NBA has become.
>>
>>67340084
Watch the based NBL m8
>>
>>67340084
Euro League i guess
>>
The playoffs are so long and tedious

A round should be 2 games, home and away with aggregate score
>>
>>67340114
Kek.

Fuck off yurop
>>
>>67340084
You could try Euroleague. Final four is next week. Atmosphere for most teams is so much better than the plastic NBA atmosphere. Also I think it's kind of cool to see dudes who were in the NBA/college being respected players in Europe. This is Charles Jenkins taking his sister to a Crvena Zvezda game in Belgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTF75Cxbnec

The second song they song can be translated to 'Kill, stab, until there are no more Albanians'

Apart from that, the Olympics should be good, or atleast the games team U.S.A. isn't blowing an other team out. The battle for bronze and silver will be fun to watch.
>>
>>67340101
>>67340106
>>67340149
Cool. Thanks dudes.
>>
>>67340084
>not just enjoying college basketball
rosters are always new and exciting, and march madness is glorious.
>>
>>67340065
It's been in progress for the last few years, you have refs making the game soft and big men being made pretty much useless as offenses are starting to implement the 3 as a major source of scoring.

What happens is because the game is called so tightly now, you have soft ass players and a guy like Draymond, a dude who'd probably get pushed around by the likes of guys like Laimbeer, Rodman, and even Ewing's slow ass, being one of the best forwards in the league even though he barely has a decent post game.

The NBA wanted this style of game in order to give scorers more dunks and sick layups for guys like Kobr or AI, but, in the end, the game has become a game of open jumpers. A guy like Lebron was a perfect example of what the league wanted. He could drive hard to the rim and finish, and he had a decent shot. Now guys like Curry, consistent open 3 finishers, have become the main focus of the NBA.

tldr This 3 ball meme has been in progress for a long time because of a soft ass league
>>
In terms of teams making the playoffs it was the same in the 80s and 90s in terms of the teams that kept making it there over and over (Bulls, Pistons, Celtics, Lakers, Sonics, Jazz, etc). I find it funny that people complain about rule changes when it was those 80s and 90s that eventually ushered in those rule changes. From keeping players from getting injured via Bad boys style basketball to trying to duplicate the next MJ via making the game more open as well keeping the game from getting too slow paced and killing TV ratings most of the changes come as a result of the eras we often talk about. While there are things I love about past eras I still love how the game has evolved and how the more things change the more they stay the same.
>>
Well the owners voted to only allow the best 8 teams from each conference in the playoffs regardless of division. At this point it makes it redundant to have divisions and they should cease to exist. Division champions no longer get a guaranteed top 4 seeding.

It's good for 2 main reasons: a team with more wins will no longer be seeded lower than a team with fewer wins and lower seeded teams (3-6) can't go through the playoffs without facing one of top seeds until the Conference Finals. It's rare but can happen.

It'll be more interesting if the NBA playoffs developed a more interesting bracket regardless of conference (NCAA style but best of 5 or 7). Year after year we see that the top seed in the East will usually play in the finals. Which isn't a bad thing except that the Eastern Conference rarely has had more than 2 or 3 actual championship contenders in the same year. This is a down year for the West, but before the injuries, 3-4 teams at least had a shot (still see the only Warriors and Spurs coming out).
>>
I'm tired of the niggers at my work talking about it.

It's just not entertaining to watch. Watching a whole NBA game on TV is just as painful as trying to watch a whole baseball game on TV.
>>
Why don't they just invert the scoring system?

Make coming close to the net and have to actually fight defense worth 3 points and meme jumping shots worth 2.
>>
>>67340114
good post
>>
>>67340020
Thehalf show is usually African guys, magician, or fat white guys dunking with a trampoline. Utah has a PC hard on and we have a weird amount of native Africans, Bosnians and colonized by Mormon Pcific Islanders for some reason.
>>
>>67340226
Because 3 pointers arent the only thing wrong with the league.

>blatant refball
>no touching allowed
>max jew playoff system
>ads, ads, ads
>>
>>67339985
>It makes so much of the basketball being played look bad.

It comes from the draft philosophy of "you can't teach size/athleticism." They get the biggest niggest guys out there who don't give a shit about the sport and don't know shit about how to play and expect to teach them the game and THEN they'll be good, ignoring all the players who might be skilled but slightly less athletic.

In actuality the best players are the most skilled who work the hardest, which is a mindset that really can't be taught to some people and is rarely looked for in drafts.

Look at the best players in the league right now: Curry(high iq, highly skilled, good shooter), Durant (highly skilled tall lanky fuck but couldn't bench 180 pounds when he got in the league), Kawaii (high IQ, quick hands/reflexes, great defensive player), Lebron (high IQ, highly skilled, athletic beast).

Not all of them are amazing athletes, but all of them are smart. Lebron is the exception, not the rule. Curry was picked like 7th in the draft, and kawaii like 20th. Durant was picked 2nd, but was turned down for a big man that ended up being a huge bust.
>>
All I think of is roundball rock.
>>
>>67335051
you are not alone

people have been pointing this out for years and on this board . NBA is losing popularity and will continue to do so

reason for it can be attributed to how the rules have changed over the years to favor the offensive player more than the defender , less physical than the past 10 years , the amount of refballing has turned many people off and lastly the media is complete shit on covering the game because there is no true highlights

its usually
"heres player A and he shoots the two"
"heres player A and he runs past defender B and gets the two and one" etc.. no excitement

here in LA the more popular and financially successful team has always been the dodgers but the lakers are a big second favorite , the thing is people here don't even speak about the lakers as much even when they won the chip back in 2010 it was not the same as the early 2000s because by that time the game had changed

it wasn't hard ball(not that the early 2000s lakers played hard or anything but they definitely showed it as opposed to the latest champs) it just felt like who can score the most points out of fouls including cheap shit than actually trying to be the most physical team.

Spurs did this last year in the post season , literally tried to get the most fouls in favor of them to advance which is why nobody gives the spurs the most credit when they're champions because they win it the most boring way
>>
>>67339536
It's even worse in person. I went to a game last year for the first time since 05, and holy fuck was it different, in the worst way imaginable. Constant music (I'm in TO so it's NON STOP Drake garbage), a million different gimmicky distractions that take you right out of the game experience, and a bunch of other things I can't remember right now. It felt like it was designed for 16 year old, and it is. I'll stick to NHL, MLB, and the occasional trips to Buffalo to watch the Bills. Fuck the NBA
>>
>>67340114
Lol no. 3 minimum. Fuck aggregates, unless they are necessary, like soccer
>>
The NBA is more scripted than the WWE

It's shit
>>
Sorry you feel that way. However, there are less dynasties now than ever.

In the 60s, it was ALL Boston Celtics. In the 80s, Lakers and Celtics won 8 out of 10 championships. In the 2 finals they did not win, Lakers were there. In the 90s, Bulls and Rockets won 8 of 10 championships. From 99-2010, Lakers and Spurs won 9 championships combined. In the last 6 years, 5 different teams have won rings. People forget Warriors were knocked out in first round in 2014 playoffs and have only won once. They're haven't been on top long AT ALL.

In NBA history, probably only the 70s can really compare in diversity of winners as now.

In NFL, of course winners will be more diverse. Its one game to advanced and less possession opportunities in those games. So winners are more likely to be random/lucky relative to NBA. In NBA, 7 game series with 200 possessions each game favors the better team and the better team stays together longer making it easier to form dynasties.

Anyone complaining that the same team is winning in the NBA now knows little about NBA history. If you're tired of the NBA, stop watching for a bit.
>>
>>67342673
>Anyone complaining that the same team is winning in the NBA now knows little about NBA history. If you're tired of the NBA, stop watching for a bit.
that literally has nothing to do with the fact that people aren't watching basketball like they used to

if this was the case then
MLB would be tuned out completely because of the yankees and cardinals
NFL would be tuned out completely because the patriots are perennial winners , green bay are perennial winners , seahawks are perennial winnders etc..
NHL is diverse despite seeing many of the same teams in the post season but the winners are almost different every year

it is even worse in europe with the same teams winning every year but that doesn't stop people from watching their respective leagues

NBA is just not competetive anymore , nobody want to watch a team that feels extremely reenacted
>>
>>67339729
>mormons
>>
>>67339837
I think the talent would improve if the NBA D league expanded to 30 teams and former college players could make a decent living instead of just getting cut by the NBA team
>>
>>67335051
Blame:
The Lottery System
Free Agency
Bloated as fuck contracts
AAU/College "One-and-done"

It has been kinda boring overall (except for the East when it comes to the playoffs, they've had some exciting games), but it'll pick back up if the Cavs make the finals.
You gotta admit it, the NBA was fun as shit to watch back when Lebron was "The Villain" with the Heat. They were fun to watch overall and the NBA had it out for them (teams constantly challenging them and so forth), now that he's back in Cleveland, it's been bland. If there's a Cavs/Heat conference finals, I guarantee the shit will pick back up again.
Now, don't give me that parity bullshit with the NFL, the Flacco/Kaep SB was the one out of how many that haven't had a: Manning, Brady, Rothelisberger? The last two SB's brought that bullshit right back.
>>
It's because the players suck now. The NBA was full of niggers that loved basketball and winning. Now the only reason these kids even picked up a bball was because it was a way to get rich.

The passion is gone. It's just a bunch of lazy assholes collecting a check and going through the motions.
>>
>>67342420
>nba losing popularity
>tv ratings and attendance are up unlike boreball or furpuck
>>
>>67342909
>winners are different every year in hockey
>chicago and LA have 5 of the last 6 titles
>>
File: Capture.png (147 KB, 1803x824) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
147 KB, 1803x824
>>67343025
>>tv ratings and attendance are up unlike boreball or furpuck
Nigga name 5 cities where the basketball team brings in more money than the baseball team

not even in LA are the lakers worth more than the dodgers and in fact they bring in 100-200 million more dollars a year than the lakers despite being a cheaper alternative ticket cost
>>
>>67343162
>baseball has twice the number of homegames as hoops
gee i wonder why
>>
The talent bottleneck created by the Lebron mentality has killed the nba
>>
>>67343180
>nearly 4 times cheaper than baseball
>still can't put asses on the seats
>nearly non-existent parking fees
>overall a more "social" sporting event
>STILL CAN'T PUT ASSES ON THE SEATS
>>
>>67343198
look at % capacity you mong the worst hoop team has 80% but the worst baseball team has 56%
>>
>>67343240
money talks

you're forgetting that
television deals
attendance
merchandise
concession
All dominated head to head by baseball
Basketball has been projected to overtake baseball since the 80s yet has never even surpassed the tip of baseball's worst years.

To even suggest basketball deserves to be mentioned as giant with the MLB and NFL or just the MLB alone is a joke.
>>
>>67335051
why are you so salty
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 635x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 635x820
>>67335051
I miss when the games were intese with physical action in the paint and, people were tencious on the boards. All this fuck leguge is now is a bunch of retards mostly chucking shots no matter where yea, they still play in the paint but, it's not intense at all only time games get intense is if the game is close and, time is running down but, the nba has a ref problem where for the past couple of games refs are missing calls and admitting to a day after. The playoffs this year are shit it's always the same fucking teams every year I'm kinda starting to give up on watching this dumb shit nothing but overpaid nigger monkeys chucking shots.
>>
'No'
>>
>>67344419
POSITIVE

yes
e
s
>>
The NBA is so blatantly top heavy that it's killing itself.

It's obvious too. For example, Draymond Green. This ape gets to do ANYTHING he wants because he's on the Warriors. In most cases he acts worse than Demarcus Cousins, but Cousins is the only one of the two players who's seen fines and suspensions.
>>
This season has just been shit, senpai
>>
Players are better athletes and the game is faster than before, but the quality of play has dropped dramatically.

I cringe so hard everytime a team shoots a 3 and fucking misses it on a 4 on 1 fastbreak.

I'd say there are about 5 teams in the league right now that still play team basketball with proper ball movement, post plays and quality possessions. The rest is just garbage pick and roll action ( that they don't even run properly ) with little to no movement on the weak side of the ball, and each team attempts 40 three-point shots a game.
>>
NBA is a superstar league. People only root for players and buy jeresys for the player, not so much the team.

More bandwagoners than any other sport

Only like 3 teams a year that will probably win the title

LeBron has made 5 straight finals. That is ridiculous. That also means no one will give a shit about other teams
>>
Is anyone else getting tired of the NFL?

I remember how excited I was when I was first getting into it, and how much fun I had watching the games. Even today I still like the sport of football, but the league itself is starting to piss me off.

For one thing, I'm beginning to get really bothered by the lack of parity. Every year it's the same few teams that make it to the last few rounds of the playoffs. It's the same few teams that make the playoffs too. The NBA has the Spurs, but overall there's a lot more churn of the teams that reach the postseason, and the teams that advance one they get there. But without fail it's the Patriots, it's the Seahawks, it's whatever team Peyton Manning is on. This is the sixth fucking time in a row that Manning is going to be in the playoffs.

Speaking of Manning, another thing I don't like is that the NBA seems to be encouraging me to be a faggoty sort of fan. So many fans these days root for players over teams, and the league seems to encourage this. They seem to want me to somehow root for Manning and Brady and Wilson even when they're not on my favorite team. If they were, I would root for them, but since they're not I want them to fail, but that's not what the NFL seems to want me to think.

Combined with both of those, I really don't like the changes the Steelers and the Colts have ushered in regarding the playing style. I hate this huge focus on passing now, it was exciting at first but it's boring these days.

Overall I just find myself not watching any more, even now that it's the playoffs. Anyone else feel similarly?
>>
Holy shit

Just read this whole thread and realized what a bunch of Reddit red pill virgin morons you guys are.

-the game is more perimeter based now but the game goes through cycles and chill the fuck out. There has been no one before or ever will be like curry and other players that attempt it will drag their team down. See baron Davis. You child fucks.

-a whole bunch of racism in this thread. Guess what it's a black sport. Sorry boutcha. Go jerk off to rowing you cucks

-complaining about in game presentation when you neck beards have obviously never went to a game and enjoyed the fanfare

-"muh old school fighting brawls were real basketball." No. Goons are gone from hockey too. Go cry about that sport as well

-"muh fans only know the big names and it's a superstar sport." That's all sports see football. See soccer. The best two teams in the NBA are more team oriented then ever. See Kobe with the lakers for some many years

Tldr none of you morons have any idea what you're talking about. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>67346023
>See soccer.
what is it
>>
it feels like the last two minutes of the game just keep getting drawn out more and more
>>
File: images(3).jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Why would a self-respecting white man watch basketball anyways?
>>
Basketball is much more closer to hockey revenue wise as it is to baseball. I think basketball is only 25% larger than the NHL while baseball more than doubles basketball revenue.

I don't know why cuckhoop fags have such a chip on their shoulder
>Pls watch our sport
>>
>>67340114

>A round should be 2 games, home and away with aggregate score

Fuck off with that divegrass shit.
>>
>>67346797
>as it is

You have to go back, Pedro.
>>
>>67346994
My names Trey and I live in Minnesota. Sorry.
>>
>>67346681
What white sports are there, then? Don't say hockey, they are not white if the league encourages them to act like niggers.
>>
>>67343025
Not to mention they recently signed a massive TV deal that makes the salary cap jump up after this season
>>
I gave up on it this year. There's WAAAAAAY too many fucking games to care about. Like with the NFL, you lose 3 games in a row, and that is really bad news. In the NBA, lose 10 in a row and you are alright. Not to mention that most games are over by the third quarter at the latest. The talent is also always on the same 4 teams, who happen to be in the playoffs. There is no competition and it is obvious to see through the rigging. And the fans...just fuck off. How can a playoff game have such a dead crowd 75% of a game? It is a real shitshow currently.
>>
not relevant sport anyways
>>
>>67335051
>So mad
>>
THIS NIGGA 4 REAL
>>
>>67335051
There are simply too many adverts, especially in the last few mins which are unwatchable and that is meant to be the most exciting part
And there are too many niggers
>>
>>67345681
NFL has had more different teams in the Superbowl in the past 10 years , even 16 than the NBA has had .

In the last 6 superbowls we have had 6 different champions
>>67346023
>this projecting cuck
>>
>>67335323
>the players don't give a shit

You're actually dumb as fuck if you believe this. I don't care if your fat ass THINKS they're trying hard or not. These are elite athletes competing for ego and millions of dollars. They are trying very, very hard.
>>
>>67340114
kek.
>>
>>67335051
No u r a fag. The nba has never had "parrotee" see lakers and celtics
>>
>>67347393
>What white sports are there, then?

Golf
Tennis
Polo
Cycling
Swimming
>>
they can start by getting rid of the dumb conference system. just make it 1st-16th. that way you don't have one team dominating the conference every year.

Oh and reduce the number of games.
>>
>>67335051
The reason why you see the same teams winning is the 7 game series. The best team usually wins, unlike the NFL where you can knock someone out of the playoffs with a random upset pulled out of your ass.

There's a tradeoff between rewarding good play and exciting sport, and the NBA is on the 'skill' end of that spectrum.
>>
You fucks just lead miserable lives that have gotten progressively more miserable and as your lives become more miserable everything in your life becomes more miserable.

It's just entertainment you stupid cunts.
>>
>>67358483
doesn't mean it can't be improved though
>>
>>67335051

>having a favorite team
>wanting other teams and players to fail

mark of a small-minded plebeian

all of you are fucking pathetic subhumans
>>
>>67352678

this so much

spectators of sports who never played sports competitively growing up (aka most of you) are delusional beyond belief
>>
>>67358846
Well, yeah. But as far as "Is anyone else getting tired of the NBA?" is concerned, the other Aussie has a good point.
>>
File: 1462331501982.gif (2 MB, 560x387) Image search: [Google]
1462331501982.gif
2 MB, 560x387
>NBA is my first sports love watching muh 90s snus
>Watch them until 2000s perennial cuckings by the Spurs and Lakers
>Move to Denver
>Enjoy some George Karl Thuggets
>Fell off watching for a few years
>Back into it this year

Fuck you OP, it's great. Except the Warriors, they should die in a plane crash.
>>
I had fun as fuck last year rooting for the Houston Rockets (I'm from Houston and love all Houston sports teams), and wen the rockets got knocked out I enjoyed rooting for LeBron as an underdog. I was minority at the bar rooting for the Cavs against massive amounts of bandwagon GSW fans. It was very fun.

But throughout this season, it's like why bother with NBA. The Eastern and Western conference finals I'll start watching but until then, I'm good without basketball.
>>
i just love watching curry chucking 3's

its like a drug
>>
>>67353256
Baseball, well Latino and white.
>>
File: 1392133015870.jpg (59 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
1392133015870.jpg
59 KB, 600x444
>>67343180

>what are averages
>>
>>67335051
It's a superstar driven sport. Not a team driven sport
>>
>>67359265
This. Most non-fans couldn't name a baseball or hockey player. Basketball has never been about teams as much as other sports.
>>
>>67359230
Baseball stadiums hold more people.
>>
>>67352678
i went to a Nets game a couple years ago and i'll never pay to watch that product ever again.

the first 3 quarters the players were sleepwalking through the game putting in minimal effort. the 4th quarter comes around and all of a sudden the players are putting in effort and actually hustling. They just half ass it a majority of the game. It was a noticeable change in speed of the game when they were actually trying
>>
File: i_love_meth.jpg (76 KB, 614x408) Image search: [Google]
i_love_meth.jpg
76 KB, 614x408
>>67359393
>I went to a nets game
>nets game
>nets

Well theres your fucking problem your living in the literal asshole of america
>>
>>67335051
accomplishment to lebron for making it 5 times already
>>
hack-a-shaq and 10 minutes of back and forth timeouts in the last 2 minutes needs to die
>>
>>67360803
maybe they should learn how to shoot the easiest fucking shot in basketball then there wouldn't be a need for those tactics
>>
>>67359363
And like the other anon pointed out basketball is much cheaper

The difference between most arenas and a stadium is sometimes 10,000-20,000
Even if you halved the earning for baseball they still beat the NBA numbers
>>
got tired of it when I turned 15
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.