[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time(s) you started a chant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Firestarter.jpg (491 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.jpg
491 KB, 2560x1440
If you've ever started a chant loud enough to be picked up on TV, post ITT.

>Be me
>Proper manc
>Shitfaced
>Ricky Hatton v Vince Phillips
>Fight starts
>Lean back, spread arms
>Open mouth and lungs
>MAAAN-CHEST-ERRRRR LAAA LAAA LAAA
>MANCHESTERRRR LA LA LA
>People in the rows behind and in front of me join in
>Whole block joins in
>Entire arena joins in
>People surrounding me shake my hand
>I am king of the normies
>Watch recording of fight the morning after
>"Better atmosphere than at Old Trafford"
>tfw 12 years later, I still hold onto this moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVj71IPVP8&feature=youtu.be&t=11m20s

Clip related
>>
What a cool story bro. Tell me more!!!
>>
>>63440665

That's pretty much it really...

oh

Once, when City were playing Portsmouth and Peter Crouch came up for a corner, I yelled out "Oi! Crouch! What's Abby up to?" (Abby being Crouch's gf at the time). A bunch of people laughed. Then Crouch knocked a header well over the bar and people laughed some more. I like to think that I played an integral part of City winning 4-0 that day (at least I think it was 4-0... not sure, was high and drunk).

What super awesome things have you done at a live action sporting event?
>>
I started "who are ya?" down the west/north cover flag when Celta Vigo came to old Highbury. Bergkamp scored shortly after. King of the Normies! IKTF bro
>>
>>63440963
great banter lad
>>
>>63440963
>once at a city game with my m8s
>special needs kid in front of me
>he starts yelling at Crouch
>no one understands what he's saying
>we start laughing at him

This was a good day
>>
WHEN I SAY WHOLE WHEAT YOU SAY BREAD

WHOLE WHEAT
>bread

WHOLE WHEAT
>bread
>>
File: 0876365001427279293_filepicker.jpg (37 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
0876365001427279293_filepicker.jpg
37 KB, 485x364
>>63440390
that's Pau Gasol
>>
That's the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard

Do yuros think that singing like a bunch of fucking fairies with their stupid fucking voices is "cool" and "epic!!"

Fucking homos
>>
>fagbong thinks soccer is relevant
>>
I came up with the FIGHT AND WIN chant
>>
>>63441085

>That fucking feel

It's pure magic.

>>63441165

You're just jealous m8
>>
>>63440390
>i started a chant
Not exactly a hard thing to do m8.
>>
i started this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pUb9pUcvcU
>>
>>63441522

Show me the time you got 19,000 men to follow you. I'll wait.

It's actually a lot harder than you think. Unless you're one of the really cool kids or a designated Ultra leader, 9/10 times you just look like a total bell-end.

>>63441572

Nice one
>>
>>63441431
Being this autistic
>>
File: captain obvious.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
captain obvious.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>63441771
Taking claim for a chant is fucking retarded. It has nothing to do with you but the collective.
>>
>>63441870

So you've never started a chant.

If I didn't start the chant, the chant wouldn't have happened. I was the trigger for that organic eruption.

Had that chant not happened then another one probably would have a few moments later but it would have been started by either one man or a man and a few of his mates.

Every collective action begins with a solitary act. You'd have to be retarded to assume otherwise.

>>63441827

If an autist can start a chant, why can't you?
>>
>>63442167
OP: the conclusion you can take from this thread is no, noone else from here has started a chant at sporting events, because that would require these posters to actually leave their homes for at least a semi-prolonged period of time.
>>
>>63442354

This.

If you're posting on /sp/ and have actually started an actual chant at an actual sporting event then either;-

a) You don't belong here - this is just a phase - get out before it's too late

or

b) You're a failed normie and your glory days are long behind you
>>
>>63440390
>>People surrounding me shake my hand
No they didn't
>>
at a phillies game I started booing at Aaron Harang and a lot of people followed along.Actually way more than expected.
>>
>>63443081

They genuinely did.

Never underestimate how friendly drunk Mancunians get when they approve of something you did.

Indeed, I'm surprised you doubt this happened. I can only assume you're either a southerner or you've never left your mum's gaff for any substantial amount of time.
>>
>>63443593
Nah but i've attended well over 400 football matches

How does it feel supporting a club that no longer belongs to you anyway?
>>
>>63440390
>Proper manc
>shitfaced

aren't they one and the same
>>
>>63443702

Boxing =/= Football

To answer your question, fucking rotten. To the extent that I don't feel them in my heart any more.

My dad took me to the Kippax every home match when it was still standing only. I was there when we beat Gillingham and it was beyond incredible. It was a fucking awful team but the fans (nearly 30,000 average in the third tier) were incredible. It was an amazing experience to be a part of.

Then we were taken over by the arabs and we started to lose our identity. I gave up my season ticket when I figured that a large bulk of the fans were n00bs and the platers were mercenaries.

When we won the title the first time, I spazzed out big time because I never thought I'd see the day. When we beat Bayern away but there were plebs complaining we didn't top the group, that killed me. We should be delighted to have even qualified for the CL, let alone got out of the group. By the time we won the second PL, I felt literally nothing.

I went to Eastlands, sorry, the gigantic Abu Dhabi billboard/Etihad™ Arena for the West Ham game and it was half empty. The majority of "fans" were snotty entitled day trippers and middle class fuckwads with a half hearted hobby. I start singing along with the sparse "north stand" and I hear people complaining "Isn't he annoying".

I cannot emphasise enough how much I hate what my club has become. All the shit I went through as a fan from birth.

Kids at primary school used to rip the shit out of me because United (the popular Manc team) were unstoppable with Cantona, Hughes, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Schemichael etc) and City were the poor excuse for a team. But I was a proud City fan. My dad supports City so I support City. Laugh at me all you want but I've chose this team and will stick with them 'til I die.

The team I grew up loving is dead. It's an entirely new club which is as every bit as plastic as Manure is...
>>
>>63444248

I would give a testicle for the Arabs to fuck off, take the plastic cunt fans with them and allow me to support the one team on the planet I could connect to.
>>
I get on the jumbotron regularly at Carolina Hurricanes games, partly because there's hardly anyone there but also because I have a giant storm flag I wave.
>>
>>63444248
Kek. It's funny how practically all the big European clubs have whored themselves out for sleazy arab oil money.
>>
>>63444248
Fair enough. i feel for the true man city fans.
>>
>>63444248
>>63444295

Fuck, that hit me right in the feels, truth be told.

City fans weren't universally loved but I think they were definitely respected.

Wouldn't wish that on true fans of any club.
>>
>>63444611

Is there any big club that hasn't whored itself out and become plastic?
>>
>>63443824

Yes
>>
>>63444960
Can't think of one desu. Fucking pathetic, how have the fans not rioted against these money hungry pricks.
>>
>>63444960
>Is there any big club that hasn't whored itself out and become plastic?

Bayern?
>>
>>63440390
what minute in the youtube video can we hear your chant m8
>>
>>63445126

11 mins 20 secs
>>
>>63444248

being a JF I'll never really understand these feels but that's a shame, almost like selling your soul to the devil

At least you can know that young kids growing up City fans will have an easier time in primary school now that the team's good
>>
>>63445236
>almost
it literally is. they've spat in the face of generations of supporters and disenfranchised them. makes me nauseous.
>>
>>63441226
xd
>>
>>63445236

They won't be city fans though. They'll be Abu Dhabi fans exchanging bants with Glaziers FC.

Before the Arabs, being a City fan was to stand proud against the masses. To endure severe underachievement against the backdrop of plastic overachievement. To stand for a club that represented nothing but the city you grew up in and the ancestors that led you down that bitter path.

Being a City fan meant you had character and loyalty. Something that could never be taken away no matter how many Brian Hortons or Laurent fucking Charvets were thrown into your club.
>>
>>63444248
>Then we were taken over by the arabs and we started to lose our identity. I gave up my season ticket when I figured that a large bulk of the fans were n00bs and the players were mercenaries.

Did you think the players were there for fun before the takeover? All professionals are "mercenaries", some of them are just better than others and can earn more money.
>>
>>63445534
>They won't be city fans though. They'll be Abu Dhabi fans exchanging bants with Glaziers FC.

What are you talking about? Just look at all these passionate City Superfans (TM) in the local community!
>>
>>63445708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu7pelxwTyc
>>
File: Office-karen-shrug.gif (494 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
Office-karen-shrug.gif
494 KB, 500x233
>>63445748
>from the comments section: m
>mrdarkdragon456 4 months ago
>Orlando Florida! Ive been a blue since 2008 and know the club through and through. Its in my veins, i love this club. CTID
>since 2008
>>
>>63445576

Daniel van Buyten endeared himself to the fans by saying "I wish to showcase my skills in the Premier League and hopefully, I will be picked up by a big club." And lo behold, he was snapped up by Buyern in no time.

Nevertheless, the majority of the squad accepted that Man City was their level and they were happy to play for the club. Pretty much like how Southampton and Stoke players stay with the team because they've developed some kind of affinity with the club.

Now, City have become the final destination for the money chasing mercs who shit all over their former club's youth/scouting system.
>>
>>63445748
>>
>>63445831
>Nevertheless, the majority of the squad accepted that Man City was their level and they were happy to play for the club. Pretty much like how Southampton and Stoke players stay with the team because they've developed some kind of affinity with the club.
>Now, City have become the final destination for the money chasing mercs who shit all over their former club's youth/scouting system.

How is that any different from the Southampton players, though? Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lovren, and Lambert all packed their bags and left when a club offering more money came along. How is that any different from Silva leaving Valencia or Aguero leaving Atletico?
>>
>>63445931

I was referring to Southampton in the 90s you mong.
>>
>>63446056

Then why didn't you say that? And why did you use "stay" instead of "stayed"?
>>
>>63446056
>Southampton in the 90s

Alan Shearer came through their youth system then left for Blackburn for a national record fee, then left for Newcastle for a world record fee. It's the same thing you see today.
>>
>>63440390
>be me

who the hell else would you be you dingus
>>
>>63446093

Because it's nearly 3am, I have physio then work in the morning and the players wasn't the crux of the "City isn't what it used to be to the older fans you know" argument.

Furthermore you haven't posted the chant(s) you've personally started which was the entire point of this thread.
>>
File: cute.webm (941 KB, 970x720) Image search: [Google]
cute.webm
941 KB, 970x720
>>63446056
>I was referring to Southampton in the 90s you mong.
>He's never heard of Alan Shearer
>>
>>63446186

>(You)
>>
>>63446260

The Northern Alan Shearer who eventually wound up in his home-town of Newcastle to play for the club he supported as a child?

Nope, never heard of him.

Didn't the south coast team also have a legendary Channel Islander who could have played for any club he wanted but chase to dedicate his entire career to said south coast team?

Matt le something or another...
>>
File: 058.jpg (27 KB, 467x350) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
27 KB, 467x350
>going to stadiums since February 2000
>never started a chant

feels bad
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.