[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we all agree they're the greatest team of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
can we all agree they're the greatest team of all time?
>>
>>67161742
Since Curry is probably done for the season, they don't really NEED to win the championship this year to prove they're the best team of all time. They do need to beat the Blazers and put up a good fight against the Spurs though. They only need to make/win the Finals if Curry comes back healthy in time, otherwise they have a good excuse.

They don't have an excuse if they lose to the Blazers though, Curry or no Curry they should win that series and if they don't then no they are not the best team of all time.
>>
>Logo is sideway view of a uterus
AHAHAHAHA least they're honest
>>
>>67161742

Maybe, if I was 12 years old and just started watching basketball this year.
>>
Need to threepeat twice to be the GOAT. How many times must this be repeated to r/12yo r/chigchongs
>>
>le ebin 3pt team

Yeah, no
>>
>>67161893
>they don't really NEED to win the championship this year

Uhh yeah they do otherwise the season was a fluke
>>
>>67161893

>curry
>done for season

'no'
>>
>>67162030
>seriously believing this
autism
>>
lolno

Bulls in 4
>>
>>67162084
Jordan wouldn't even make the golden state team

He would ride the bench at the very least
>>
/sp/: where debates revolve around the number of championships won, but a team that didn't even make the nba finals could be considered GOAT.
>>
>>67162106
I know you don't believe but that the fact that you could even allow yourself to type that sentence, let alone post it, astounds and disgusts me.

Klay Thompson's bitch ass wouldn't have been able to beat him for the starting SG when MJ was on the Wizards.
>>
>having the odd nickname of a state instead of a city as your team name

JUST
>>
>>67162227
>knows he doesn't have shit on facts
>retorts to using Klay
Shows your basketball knowledge faggot

Only proves MJ cock riders can't prove that statement wrong
>>
>>67162070

Don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring, faggot

Deal with it
>>
>>67162137
jazz fan detected.
>>
File: 1461814237414.png (248 KB, 502x509) Image search: [Google]
1461814237414.png
248 KB, 502x509
>>67162286
I hope about you feel good about this post anon
>>
>>67162298
fucking autism
>>
>>67162283
>What are the New England Patriots
>>
File: 1458339539353.jpg (40 KB, 359x475) Image search: [Google]
1458339539353.jpg
40 KB, 359x475
>>67162374
>New England is a state
>>
File: 23243535353535.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
23243535353535.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>dropped a game to the rockets
lek. blazers in 6
>>
Mark Price is better than Curry ever will be.
>>
>>67162364

Are you 5?
>>
>>67162577
says the 6 year old
>>
>>67162298
kill yourself
>>
>>67162599

Tough talk coming from a 4 year old, desu

>>67162639

Truth hurts... Don't it?
>>
>>67162030
they just beat the bulls fucking record. In a couple moths it will sink in
>>
>>67162666
>666

kek

honestly, it's somewhat impressive (season is such a grind) but the 2 aren't comparable. regular season achievements mean nothing when it comes to the post season. that's true, but it doesn't take away from the accomplishment.

personally, i couldn't care less about the reg season.. just sayin
>>
>>67162675

Nobody cares or respects it cause they had to be babysat the whole last month of the season so Jew Silver and co. could make some fat stacks off the extra advertising and merch.

One day you'll grow up
>>
>>67162699
but then the SF giants ws dont count because they fluked through playoffs all 3 runs? people dont make sense
>>
>>67162739
Not sure what you're trying to say here, Anon.

Reg Season ≠ Post Season

Alll I'm sayin. Apples to Oranges.
>>
no argument from me
>>
>>67161742
haven't won the championship yet, so no

Spurs will probably blow them the fuck out
>>
File: you_You.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you_You.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>67163397
>haven't won the championship yet
>being you(You)
>>
>>67163406
So you're saying last season's team is the greatest of all time? Because this season's hasn't. If they don't win it all, they can't be the greatest of all time. Don't even bother trying to argue this.
>>
>>67161742
>implying the bulls wouldn't rape the Warriors
The Bulls had 3 DPOY caliber players on one team. Let's not forget about Harper who averaged 20 PPG, 4 APG, 2 SPG and 1 BPG before joining the Bulls.
>>
>>67163424
If they fuck it up, sure.. it'll probably be forgotten, but the run they've been on for the past year + is definitely one of the goats.
>>
>>67161742
Pretty much
>>
>>67161893
>they don't really NEED to win the championship this year

What sort of millennial special snow flake well at least you tried BS is that?! Hell yes you have to win the championship if you even want though of a great team. Staying healthy is, like it or not, part of the run for the championship. The only time you can be even close to GOAT level and not win it all is as an individual athlete while playing a team sport.

Like Charles Barkley or Dan Marino not having rings is more about where/when they were drafted and the teams management build around them over the years. As players, they 100% deserve their Hall of Fame level placement.

the Warrior are a very good shooting team and they win off hucking of 10k+ 3pointers a game but with the current watered down offense based rules it's really tough to hold them up as GOAT level.

If they don't win it all, then there really is no debate. It's the Patriots 18-1 version 2.0.

>Lived in California my entire life
>never seen Warrior sports gear anywhere
>hardly saw it even when in the bay area
>now it's everywhere
>hardest bandwagon action I've ever seen first hand
>>
>they don't really have to win the championship this year
>already having doubts because curry is hurt

Lmao early excuses I see
>>
>if Warriors don't win without Curry everything was a fluke!
Guess Bulls' 91-93 threepeat was a fluke as well.
>>
>>67164273
Literally what? Jordan played all those years
>>
>>67162364
Are the Patriots the greatest football team ever because they went undefeated in the regular season yet didn't win the championship?
>>
>Klay Thompson can't be a number one option on a contender

It's funny how many of you dumb fucks fell for this meme.
>>
>>67164283
And then when he wasn't around in 94 they didn't win. I borrowed the 'if they can't win a hip without Curry 73-9 was a fluke' logic here. Surely since Bulls didn't manage to win without Jordan (or with him in 95) everything was a fluke.
>>
>>67164329
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know 94 was the same season as 91, 92, 93.

I wish I could get such high quality education you're getting over there
>>
If you can win 73 games but can't win the championship that's just sad
>>
>>67164344
Oh, we're moving the goalposts already. That sure did not take long. Have fun damage controlling.
>>
>>67164371
Moving goalposts? I was talking about this season all along. Again I know your reading comprehension isn't that good but try to keep up.

In this current season, 2015-2016, Warriors won 73 games but have yet to finish it off with a championship. If they don't win it all THIS year the whole season was a fluke because it didn't end in a championship. Not talking about any other season, I'm talking about the current one.
>>
>people unironically believing this year's warriors is the best team ever

give me one reason why that is supposed to be true, record doesn't count
>>
>>67164481
Just because your country is just now seeing reruns of Jordan's Bulls doesn't mean that the rest of us have been able to move on. It's been 20 years now.
>>
>>67164505
>muh 3s
>>
>>67164505
>It's been 20 years now.

but that really changes nothing about the debate.

The 90s Bulls where GOAT level in almost all areas of the game. They had great defense and great offense. They had one of the best players of all time in all areas of the game in MJ. They had one of the best rebounders of all time and a few defense players of the year etc etc

Each of those strengths can be seen as weapons in the debate as to being a GOAT level team. Being each of those areas plays into any fantasy like match up of different eras. Where as the Warriors are pretty much just a pure offense based team. They have shot very well this season and huck up a mind numbing amount of three point shots. Yet some how something like 35% of them still go on.

but that's basically ONE weapon. "We shoot well" and while it was enough to win a lot of games in the normal season it's really hard to say that alone makes them an all time great team. Being it's just one thing vs past dynasty level teams with championship rings and strengths across their entire game.
>>
>>67164839
They are also a top tier defensive team, although you can, and I do make the case that they can only get away with their defense because of the particular state the league is in right now.

Also,

>Inb4 "most of their points come from the paint at a very high%"

Fucktards can't understand the reason that happens is BECAUSE they shoot so well and open up things so much teams basically give them cose shots.
>>
>>67164299
not the same thing at all, but he's he 2007 Pat's were probably he best football team the world has ever seen.
>>
>>67166048
But the 2007 Giants were objectively better and had the ring.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>67166071
>team A beats team B 1/2 times
>that means team A is definitely better than team B
Americans, everyone. One game is not indicative of a teams quality. Whatever, go on being stupid, I'm not going to argue with you.
>>
>>67166132
yeah that logic doesnt work for championship games, retard

was brazil better than germany in the last WC? was it just a fluke game in the semis?
>>
>>67166151
>he's equating a blowout to an extremely close game
holy shit retard 7-1 is in no way equatable to the 2007 owl, if the giants beat the pats 49-7 you could make that analogy but that was not the score. why the fuck am I hdjbejqhsbs
>>
>>67161742
Show time Lakers
Birds Celtics
Jordan Bulls
Bad Boy Piston's
Shaq and Kobe Lakers

Would all beat them in a seven game series.
>>
More like, the GAYest team of all time.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1089x1725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1089x1725
>>67161893
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.