[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright NHL fans, tell my why your team didn't make the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
Alright NHL fans, tell my why your team didn't make the playoffs and why they will next season.
>>
>>66872614
Calgary Flames

>shit goaltending
If they even had an avg level of goal tending, they'd be in the playoffs this year (see Nashville for stats comparison)

>injuries like crazy
Yeah, all teams have injuries, but fuck... the Flames really had it bad this year + Gio took a few months to recover from the torn bicep injury of last Spring.

...if they can do something about Englel and a few of the dead weight contracts, at least secure a solid starting goalie that can boast a .910+ avg, they'll make the playoffs next year.
>>
Atlanta Thrashers

>they don't exist
>they still won't exist
>>
>>66873077

Getting rid of Dennis Wideman's ass might help you out in the long run. Jonas Hiller has never been the same since his bout of vertigo.
>>
>>66873077
Flames fan from Calgary reporting. Do you even watch the Flames? Our team stunk, period. Horrid goaltending, under performing offence, and constant mistakes on D.
You need to look at the flames like so: They made the playoffs last year and did well, but they also had more OT games won than any team, and they BARELY squeaked in. The team didnt have the 3rd period luck as last year, and definately didnt have the OT luck. That was the difference.
They are a rebuilding team that might need to look at a new coaching option, and definitely needs to get a better goalie. This off season should be interesting.
>>
>>66873254
The Flames should be quite busy this off season.
>>
Ottawa Senators

>Why?
Shit coaching, shit defense for most of the season, some bad injuries.

>Next season
Hopefully they get a better coach, less injuries, and Phaneuf in the top 4 all year should help.
>>
File: AfOV3Jc.jpg (396 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
AfOV3Jc.jpg
396 KB, 1600x1200
>>66873290

Yeah, I'm an Arizona Coyotes fan living in Glendale. I absolutely love how Max Domi and Anthony Duclair have stepped up in their rookie seasons. We also had a good rookie goalie that was able to keep out team alfoat when Mike Smith was injured. Not to mention we have a top 6 NHL defenseman.

Our problem is that we need other d-men to play with Ekman-Larsson. Seeing as we fired our GM of 9 years, they're probably going to hit free agency hard.
>>
File: klein28.jpg (87 KB, 400x695) Image search: [Google]
klein28.jpg
87 KB, 400x695
>>66873260
Sup familia

Brentwood reporting in
>>
File: CgHtskPUsAA2ttc[1].png (88 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
CgHtskPUsAA2ttc[1].png
88 KB, 600x371
>>66873077
>flim flams
>injured
>>
>>66872614
Its a canada talks about how good they will be "next year" epsiode.

USA USA USA
>>
File: tt.png (312 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
tt.png
312 KB, 600x365
>>66874014
>>
Leafs draft Matthews, Valiev and Zaitsev prove capable top 6, make a trade/sign for another top 4 defenseman, Marner makes team out of camp supplementing a higher tier offense in the league, stay healthy, and get competent goaltending.

I don't think it will happen but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the 2017 Leafs have a Flames 2015 season.
>>
>>66874231

What if the Edmonton Oilers get the first overall pick?
>>
Oilers
>why your team didn't make the playoffs
because oilers
>why they will next season
they won't
>>
>>66874231
>Thinking the Oilers wont pick 1st overall
>>
>>66874412

Jesus, man.

Have a little bit of hope.

Connor McDavid was scoring at the same pace as Crosby and Kane.
>>
>>66874231
>Leafs draft Matthews
>>
>>66874562
The >cantpucks were good at once upon a time
>>
>>66874582
Offense doesn't matter in this league.
>>
>>66874582
I've watched every single Oilers game for the last 10 years. Each year is even worse as the expectations get higher with each first overall pick, only for us to finish in the bottom 3 again. Until they actually make the playoffs I won't be hopeful about the team.
>>
>>66874582
Doesnt matter if you score 5 when your shit goaltending and defense give up 6.
>>
>>66872614
>Sabres
Their core is only getting better and better. The prospects are looking superb.
They had 30 pt difference this season from the last.
Get a goaltender and and a few more pieces and they'll be a real contender.
>>
>>66874231
You're forgetting about Vesey and Stamkos
>>
because Ohio sports are a giant factory of sadness
>>
> Ducks fan

Oh wait ..we made the playoffs , the Ducks are based and stacked as fuck and will win the cup
>>
>>66875394
>implying you'll even get past Nashville
>>
>>66875394

Come back with that attitude when you get taken in the first round by the Nashville Predators.

It should also be a concern that you have no depth at the forward position.

You've drafted heavily on defense for years now.
>>
>>66875540

Last night game was a fluke . Nashville got lucky and it won't be an easy series but ducks will prevail
>>
>>66875603

Even if, by some miracle, you make it past Nashville, that game 7 curse shit will get you.
>>
>>66873098
You mean the current day Jets?
>>
>>66874368
You mean you expect them not to?
>>
>>66874562
You should have put on the brakes before Colorado did.
>>
>>66875254
Vesey wants to play for Boston>
, though.
>>
File: warcraft-blizzcon-panel-2.jpg (105 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-blizzcon-panel-2.jpg
105 KB, 1000x563
Canucks:

Injuries, an aging core that was being phased out in favour of inexperienced rookies, and absolutely retarded matchups and deployments.

Not to mention choking, lots and lots of choking.
>>
File: 1460783115084.jpg (8 KB, 240x146) Image search: [Google]
1460783115084.jpg
8 KB, 240x146
>>66875394
>>
>>66875254
Vessey yes, Stammer no
>>
>>66875974
Forgot to add they aren't making the playoffs next year.

I'm hoping for two strong consecutive drafts, a couple good free agent signings once the sedins retire, and thing should be looking up.
>>
>>66876069

What about Bo Horvat? Isn't that kid a future star?
>>
>>66876386
He's gonna be a really solid 2nd line centre.

If he reaches his absolute ceiling he's likely to be a Bergeron/O'reilly type player.
>>
>>66876468

Well, at least he's dependable right now. I do know that either Daniel or Henrik recently said that if you're to have any success in the future, you need to get younger.
>>
lol why is there always the one indian guy who can't speak english in the postgame conference asking questions
>>
>>66876386
Horvat and Virtanen will be 2/3 of a solid future third line if they hit their ceilings. It's laughable how they're the two best Canucks prospects. That team reminds me of the 2007-2010 Oilers.
>>
>>66877007
>40 points in his sophomore season on a garbage team with one half decent linemate half the time
>solid 3rd liner

Nahh fuk u
>>
>>66873077
>>66873483
>>66874412
>>66875974

The real reason your teams didnt make the playoffs is because they're canadian
>>
File: bs dogg.jpg (45 KB, 609x675) Image search: [Google]
bs dogg.jpg
45 KB, 609x675
our defense consists of the shambling corpse of Zdeno Chara, the not-shambling corpse of Dennis Sidenberg, two third liners (Krug+McQuaid), and Actual Garbage

were in cap jail thanks to a bunch of shit contracts to bad players

traded tyler seguin

we traded johnny boychuk for two second rounders, and dougie hamilton for a first, but didn't replace them

gave up two second rounders for brett connolly, gave up a third for zac fucking rinaldo, traded reilly smith for jimmy hayes, and didn't trade eriksson while he had value so now he's gonna walk

tl;dr team was Bad
>>
>>66877236
Just like Kesler.
>>
>Jackets
Yeah, they're not making it next season either
>>
>>66878280
At least you still have Torts. If only for the comedic value.
>>
>>66879129
I'd trade all of the comedic value to advance one round in the playoffs.

I'd trade all of that for a Torts world cup win this year. I doubt the humor's worth that much though
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.