[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everton FC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: evertonfc.jpg (51 KB, 789x425) Image search: [Google]
evertonfc.jpg
51 KB, 789x425
How would you fix Everton? Especially with Lukaku likely leaving in the summer? How much will he go for?

Who should they get to manage them? Who is the very best manager they could hope to get?

Also, going to get battered by palace tonight.
>>
Sack Martinez

Cash out on Barkley and Stones

Keep Lukaku

Get Pellegrini
>>
>>66780334
I don't think Lukaku will leave just yet, if he is to go then £40m+ surely. He's not the issue though really.

Everton is so talented individually, the current team is one of their best talent wise and it's being wasted, many could do amazing jobs elsewhere it's just about making them all fit together to play off each others strengths. I definitely believe Everton are better, have better players, and a better future ahead of them than Liverpool.

Keep hold of the talent, introduce more youth players, improve the defence and sign a manager who was a defender or who has proven to sort out defences. Everton are pathetic when not in possession, comes down to individual know how and team togetherness, Barkley, Lennon, Lukaku, Deulefou, they don't want to defend. And even then your defenders can't defend propperly, Baines is past it, Jagielka is over rated, Mori hasn't acclimatised, Stones is a pathetic attempt at a prospect.
>>
File: efc.jpg (516 KB, 1024x1802) Image search: [Google]
efc.jpg
516 KB, 1024x1802
>>66780363
>>66780354

Martinez has to go, that is priority number one.

Get a new man in, someone of the quality of Bielsa, DeBoer, Cocu etc.

I disagree about getting rid of Barkley and Stones though. Both have struggled, particularly since January, but they are great prospects, and I don't think their stock is very high anyway, better to hang on to them.
>>
>>66780404
I like Barkley, I just don't think he works in that system right now, and isn't a brilliant number 10. Think whoever comes in should push him further up false 9 style, collect it deeper but have the freedom to wander where he wants. Lukaku seems to be missing a real playmaker and Barkley isn't it.

James McCarthy is fantastic though, will struggle to keep hold of him, Everton really missed a constant this season.

Stones can grow with time, he's very young and won't peak for years.
>>
>>66780436

McCarthy has been so poor this season, but the same can be said about most players.

First few months of the season, Barkley, Lukaku and Deulofeu were devastating together. Sure Everton were seemingly losing every game 5-4 but they worked well. Don't even have that.

I'd love to see an Everton team play with two actual wingers.

Niasse looks fucking dreadful as well.
>>
It's fucking unreal how some Everton fans are still defending Martinez, honestly.

>Have on of the most talented squads in England
>Should easily be challenging for top 6
>Finish 11th last year
>In 14th this year
>They were 8th-5th with David fucking MOYES
>B-but Martinez has made some good signings
>B-but we're still in the FA Cup
>H-h-he just needs more time...

I quit literally cannot think of how a manager could do any worse with a squad that talented. Seriously, how?

Evershit fans who say this shit, I legitimately want to know what the fuck this clown has to do to get sacked? Relegation?
>>
>>66780465
Moyes wasnt even that bad

He got set up by Ferguson
>>
>>66780465

I think the tide has turned against Martinez. Most fans want him gone. Players will play extra shite tonight to get rid.
>>
>get arry'

????

Problems solved
>>
sack the manager and half the team

hire new manager and players

seriously there is so much wrong with everton football club at the moment

>keeper
joel and howard are both wank.

>fullbacks
coleman is admittedly good and although i think baines is a bit past it that galloway kid looks a decent prospect. can probably keep these

>centre backs
jagielka is getting on and even if he is still passable needs to be replaced. funes mori is average but i suppose that is what everton are. stones is pathetic, i don't deny he could become good in the future but he needs a loan or something

>midfield
can't name a single good player. you only have to look at his debut to some him up. mccarthy is a headless chicken. barry is okay but old. barkley is basically a bigger version of oxlade chamberlain, a complete idiot on the football pitch but has some skill and pace about him. get rid. cleverley should be playing in the championship

>attack
all useless pacebabbys except lukaku who isn't the best technically but his physique and desire to improve himself stand him above the pack
>>
How much potential does Everton actually have with their new shareholders? They'll supposedly set to break a club record for spending over the summer, but I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore, lads.
>>
>>66780465
Martinez is an absolute charlatan.

He made Wigan worse and led to their relegation when he was in charge there.

Everton have been pathetic defensively since the start of last season. If Moyes was still Everton manager Stones would not have regressed this season, he'd have learnt when to play from the back and when to play safe.

Martinez has had nearly a decade of top flight experience to learn how to set his team up defensively. He has absolutely no excuse right now
>>
>>66780363
Reminder that Moyes is the biggest reason of the level of talent at Everton.
>>
File: moyes.jpg (23 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
moyes.jpg
23 KB, 615x409
>>66780363
>improve the defence and sign a manager who was a defender or who has proven to sort out defences

Moyes
>>
I think they need to appoint Moyes again. I think it's best for both parties. Moyes has done a pretty good job for them in the past. He signed good players, made them play good football. Moyes can use a bit of support I think. His weak point is obviously his people management, but he won't need to do that extremely well with a team that already respects him.
>>
Everton fans:

Would you guys choose to lose the FA Cup if you knew that winning it would save Martinez's job? Serious question.
>>
File: what could possibly go wrong.gif (1 MB, 365x231) Image search: [Google]
what could possibly go wrong.gif
1 MB, 365x231
>>66780611
yes. the FA cup is pointless these days.
>>
Where would Everton be without Lukaku carrying their assess?
>>
>>66780731
Grim
>>
>>66780611

No.

I have waited since 1995 to see Everton lift a trophy.

I don't think winning the FA cup will save Martinez's job, but I would put up with it to see Everton actually win something.

>>66780878

Bottom three, easily.
>>
File: EVERTON.jpg (52 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
EVERTON.jpg
52 KB, 600x800
this cheers me up at least
>>
>>66780363

I think Mori has been better than expected considering Martinez's record with SA defenders (Alcatraz twice). He's good enough to start under a sensible manager.
>>
>>66780597
If we get Moyes back it just proves we have small club mentality, he disrespected us by bidding £25 million for fellaini and Baines only to bid £27 million for fellaini himself, if we want to move forward we need to get a proven European manager, de boer or Unai Emery would be my choice.
>>
>>66780465
>Have on of the most talented squads in England

i see this meme thrown around a lot but they have a pretty average squad for a premier league side right now.

almost every team in england has a really good squad right now, so everton struggling to win games isn't that surprising
>>
>>66781034
its not average when compared to the teams around us, compare are squad with West Brom, also the manager is to blame in my opinion when you see the amount of points we have dropped from leading positions (2-0 up), its something like 15 points,
>>
>>66780971
You daft tiddly-wink??
>>
>>66780971
remember this happening, he got banned for a season for stuff he said on twitter to a fan from
Malaysia
>>
>>66781058

tiddly-wink = chink

>>66781072

ric wee is a grass
>>
File: hmm.png (520 KB, 562x590) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
520 KB, 562x590
>>66781072
His twitter is a goldmine.
>>
>>66780334
Pellegrini is a no brainer, he still has at least 3 more years in him.
>>
>>66780971

Kek, are they even sponsored by chang anymore
>>
>>66781129
unfortunately yes, tastes like piss also
>>
>>66781129

yes they are dummy
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.