[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone involved in fighting (Particularly in boxing) tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Can anyone involved in fighting (Particularly in boxing) tell me

What it was like entering into that world?

Why'd you do it?
How old were you?
What was it like/how did you mentally and physically train yourself to take a hit to the face, etc. and still be able to hold it together?
Tell me about your first fight?
Tell me about the hardest hit you took.
Tell me in explicit detail how you were feeling the moment that bell rang for you to fight, knowing that some guy can end your shit within the first few seconds of the fight.

How do you deal with spaz fighters? You know.. Those guys that go in guns blazing from the very start to the very end. If you're the spaz fighter, why do you take up this style of fighting?
>>
>>66758380
>wrestled
>coach told us to stay in shape in the off seasons and join mma
>quit wrestling to do mma full time. Been doing it since freshmen year highschool, 21 years old now.
>spaz fighters get btfo cause they get winded and cant wrestle or clinch. so do that to handle them.
>been knocked out once. its more physical than mental knockout. brain says stay up, legs say stay down.
>getting hit just comes with training.
>>
>>66758436
enjoy your brain damage
>>
>>66758380
>Did BJJ
>decided black belts turn into white belts after getting hit in the face
>Do MMA
>Love MMA
>Still doing MMA
>Really good at it
>>
>>66758380
boy its nice seeing a nigger gets his face smashed up
>>
>why'd I do it: As an athletic manlet it is a sport I believe I can be relatively successful at, stay in shape, ect..
>started at 18(boxing) 21(MMA)
>It is just something you have to say fuck it and do it, it is important to learn as much as you can by watching videos ect.. and not just learn in the ring. It is definitely not for everyone.
>my first fight MMA I lost when I got mounted in the second round and could not get out of it and was getting punched so the ref stopped it
>hardest hit I took was when I barely missed a straight left so I took a massive full power shot to the cheek, it knocked me down but I was able to get back up. I did not even know that it happened after the fight. It was not until I saw pictures of the fight that I realized I got knocked down.

>The moment the bell rang it is just like well now is go time and I gotta do what I gotta do I pretty much done this in training many times just with bigger gloves

>deal with spaz fighters by being able to utilize the jab and hit on the run.
>>
>>66758436
>Tell me about your first fight?
>Tell me about the hardest hit you took.
>Tell me in explicit detail how you were feeling the moment that bell rang for you to fight, knowing that some guy can end your shit within the first few seconds of the fight.

>>66758523
same questions. Also, what's BJJ?
>>
>Boxed intermittently from 16 to 18.
>Idk. My dad did and my uncle was actually a local guy who did really well as an amateur. I was shit.
>I was just not quick enough/didn't have the same natural tendencies.
>I dunno how to tell you how to take a punch. You try to pretend it didn't happen while also trying not to let it happen again.
>Time moves really fast and also really slow in fights. You try to let the muscle memory take over if you can where you throw a good punch but mostly it's just hightened senses and the feeling of being hot.
>I won three fights and lost four.
>Wins were all by decision.
>Mostly my strategy was keep moving, hit the body, take as few hits as possible.
>Got heem'd by two guys who were legit by just being worn down. Worst single punch was when I stepped into a weird uppercut by a guy I ended up beating. I got hit right in the solar plexus and thought I was going to die because my heart started fluttering.

End of relevant memories.
>>
>>66758674

Samefag.

Also the "spazziest" fighter I fought was much better than me and knew it and immediately began backing me down. I got hit four or five times before I knew I would be lucky just to last the three rounds. After pummeling #3 or 4 I just stayed down because I didn't want to get hit by dude anymore.
>>
>>66758629
BJJ is brazilian jiu jitsu
>>
Boxing every single gym puts you in the ring with the best guy currently there and he beats the shit out of you. You will almost certainly quit after taking a dozen body shots from a pro boxer it hurts for like a month afterwards.

If you go back then they decide to train you but like 95% of people never go back after that nasty beating.

You learn how to hold it together only by getting beat up F/T for about 2 years straight it's a really stupid career, and unless you're a street thug with absolutely nothing else going in your life you shouldn't even bother with boxing/fighting for a career.

I never made it to the first fight, I got beat up by their top guy about a dozen times then they talked about setting up some real bouts but I decided this was really a stupid idea. I took HUE HITSUOO instead and now do competitive grappling you still get injured (bulging discs galore, torn everything, dislocated everything) but at least your brain is kept intact.
>>
>>66758629
>first fight
was against another beginner/novice guy like myself. We were underage so we had to wear head and leg pads and no head kicks allowed. I ended up teching him. My strengths are wrestling so I pretty much just tie up and take down then try to G&P.
>hardest hit
sparring my best friend at practice. we would get super competitve. what started out as a 50% spar turned into an all out brawl and we both got good shots in but I remember seeing stars from getting tagged.
>3rd question
I always am extremely nervous for any event. Wrestling or mma didnt matter. I just would talk it over with myself what I needed to do and remember my training.
>>
File: ..jpg (31 KB, 644x399) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
31 KB, 644x399
Dude fuck these "Same area code/fight" threads. I posted thinking it was just for jokes and that no one really ever met up to fight, but I posted and turns out some guy had the same area code and was down to meet up. Asked for my email, all that. We decide to meet up the next day, me being nervous as fucking shit decide to bring a friend of mine along just in case. So me and my friend are waiting in a fucking walmart parking lot and the sun is setting. He's texting with my friend constantly updating him on how far away he is, all the while I'm just sitting on the ground Indian style with my face in my hands, heart pounding out of my chest, scared as fuck. Also, I was wearing some cheap ass sparing gear (boxing Helmet & half ass boxing gloves). We finally see 2 guys approaching in the distance, I have to put my hand over the top of my eyes like I'm doing a salute, because they're coming from where the sun is setting and the sun is hurting my eyes. He's wearing regular clothes. I call out to them and ask which one is the fighter. One dude just charges at me without saying a word and my heart fucking drops. I'm skipping backwards like a retard trying to take my gear off, then I just start flailing my un-gloved arm as hard as I can (the glove is flapping all over the place because I didn't get the wrist strap off). He end up punching me square in the face and I turn extremely red and start crying while we're still fighting. I keep telling him to stop and let me take my gear off, but he just keeps wailing on me. I'm alternating between trying to take off my gear, wiping my tears, trying to catch my breath, and rubbing the spots where he hits me, (He hit pretty hard, I guess I just can't take a hit). Then I start yelling at him to fucking stop because I didn't want to fight any more and he manages to topple me over and sit on my chest and beat my face in mercilessly (he took off my helmet before going in on my face).
>>
>>66758380
Boxed because my Dad taught me. Studied a whole bunch of other martial arts growing up. It naturally just led to an interest in MMA. It didn't feel weird getting into it because it was just what I was interested in, and what I grew up doing.

First fight at 22.

Physical training was pretty standard. Mentally... I dunno. As far as I can tell, you're the sort of person that either takes a punch well or you're not. A lot of it is mental. People who have never been hit expect it to be much worse than it is. Getting hit makes it easier to take, but I've seen guys that just never learn to not flinch away from it.

First fight was actually really unexciting. Guy was bigger than me, but came in out of shape, and he was gassed by the middle of the second round. I just fought smart and won handily on points.

Hardest hit I ever took? In a ring, or out? In ring, I was training and I made the mistake of trying to catch a leg kick instead of just checking it. Turns out it was a head kick and I was put out cold. Out of ring, I'm not sure. I caught a barstool with my face once. That wasn't pleasant.

For about 15 minutes up until the fight started, I wanted to vomit, and was nervous as shit. Strangely it wasn't the fight that made me nervous, it was my terrible stage fright. Thank Gawd once the fight actually started that would disappear. And I never thought about what the other guy was going to do to me. I always focused on what I was going to do to him. Didn't always work out, but I never went into a fight scared. If you're scared of the other guy, you've got no business being in the fight to begin with.

Spaz fighters? I just covered up, clinch, and put their ass against the cage. Smart boxing almost always trumps wildly throwing punches, so I never really worried. Also, most guys can't keep up that pace for 15 minutes. They almost always burn out.
>>
>>66758960
I tried to lift my head up off the ground a few times during the barrage of blows and he just pounded it back into the ground with one hard ass punch (If you ever played MGS 4, think of the final blow you deliver during that QTE combo when you have Liquid on the ground, except it happened twice consecutively). The second time he did it, I was dazed as hell, it was so bad that I entered somewhat of a sleep paralysis state for about 5 or 6 seconds. Then my freind gets him off me (He later told me that he didn't jump in earlier because he was "Paralysed by fear") and the dude starts calling out to his friend, then he starts fighting my friend, after he clearly stated that he didn't want to fight and that he was just getting him off me to stop the fight. The guy that I fought just lays on the gorund with his shirt off breathing as if he were having an asthema attack. From the moment my friend got him off me, everything sounded as if I were wearing earmuffs accompanied by this never ending loud "beeeeeep" sound in my ears, everything also looked really fucking hazy, I saw TONS of tiny red and green dots fuzzing up my veiw of everything. As corny as it may sound, all I could do really was just close my eyes and try to enjoy the warmth of the setting sun on my face, chest, and stomach hopping that it would somewhat ease the pain or something.
>>
>thought pro wrestling was real, started at MMA gym since there was no pro wrestling gym in town
>12
>it took me a while, I'm a tall and long guy so I mostly relied on kicks for my stand up game. I noticed how reliant I was on kicks though and at 15 started training at a boxing gym as well to get used to punching and getting hit and it helped a lot.
>Fought a Zen Do Kai fighter, his gym was mainly kickboxing. He came in and tried to take me down off my first kick, swept him and stayed on top striking until the end of the round.
>Second round I clinched him and just threw knees over and over again and he tried to take me down again, countered it so I ended up on top and just punched until stood up and clinched for more knees until the round ended.
>Third round he signalled to touch gloves so I went to, and just as I put my hand up he threw a huge leg kick, so I clinched him again and kept kneeing him until he tried to take me down again, countered it and choked him out with an arm triangle
>I'm a range fighter so I don't really take hard hits, never been knocked out but been choked out. Hardest hit was probably a body kick from this Muay Thai fighter at training, finished the round but I honestly though I'd broken something, was fine though.
>I was really nervous, especially after the first takedown. Once I realised how bad he was though from his top positioning I calmed down a lot though. Was feeling totally in control in the second round and it was just fun knowing how much better I was than him, I'd push him in to the ropes and wave at my mom in the crowd as I was kneeing him. It was great, but at the start of every fight I'm always so nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up, but it usually goes away since you can't focus on fear when someone's hitting you.
>>
File: Phone Images 024.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Phone Images 024.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
>>66758981
>>66758960

I despratly tried to move my arms, so I could wipe all the drool, blood, tears, and sweat off my face, but couldn't move a damn thing, except for some of my head I honestly don't remember how long I was on the ground for, or how long my friend's fight was, but I remember being taken to the hospital by ambulance after my friend used the emergency phone that was on the highway nearby (they took my shoes and our phones). I know this story is long as fuck, so I'll just cut it short here, I'm also at work right now. The back of my head was badly fractured, along with my face, severly broken nose that I couldn't breath out of until the surgery, crushed front teeth, left eye swollen shut, right eye could only open a lil. I was in the hospital for a full 2 weeks and 3 days, every time I think back to when this happened I just feel less than a man. I couldn't even get a single real hit on him, and to be humiliated like that to were another guy my age (possibly younger) could have taken my fucking life if he wanted to, I just feel like I've lost something I could never get back no matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried. I avoid absolutely any conflict of any kind since that day, it's really hard to explain the way I feel about this whole thing. And yeah this whole story may seem fake as fuck, and may seem like copypasta, but all I can say is to think about what you're doing before you do something like this. I really wish I could prove that this really happened, but it's in the past now, so it's whatever I guess.
>>
>>66758981
>paralysed
Stopped reading.
>>
>>66759006
I feel terrible thinking about how bad that other guy's fist must have felt after that.
>>
>>66759000
I've got respect for anyone that has the balls to get in a ring, but...

Not knowing how fake wrestling is by 12? Son, are you slow?
>>
>What it was like entering into that world?
I started when I was 7-8 because my father pushed me into it

>Why'd you do it?
Father

>How old were you?
7-8

>What was it like/how did you mentally and physically train yourself to take a hit to the face, etc. and still be able to hold it together?
Form, footwork, endurance, our trainer was a sadist

>Tell me about your first fight?
No point in telling you about shit when I was that age but the first one that was serious and where I felt good was when I was 12, I've always been a heavy handed hitter and I caught an overly aggressive kid with an overhand right, out cold

>Tell me about the hardest hit you took.
Few fights later some mexican fucking got me near the liver, I recovered because it wasn;t the liver but fuck that was bad

>Tell me in explicit detail how you were feeling the moment that bell rang for you to fight, knowing that some guy can end your shit within the first few seconds of the fight.
Never ever thought this way, I supposed when you're young you're invincible in your mind

>How do you deal with spaz fighters? You know.. Those guys that go in guns blazing from the very start to the very end. If you're the spaz fighter, why do you take up this style of fighting?
You bait them into leaving openings for sweet counters, most are good enough to expect a counter so you go for the body and that usually gives you good chance for the jaw
I'll leave my trip off to not get the cool story tripfag faggotry
>>
>>66759114
It was probably more like not wanting to believe it. It was right at the start of 2007 when I started, and there was no UFC at all advertised for anything in Australia, it was only in 2010 that we started to get some of those little half hour highlight shows of fights and that only aired at like 1am on sunday night or something.

So there was pretty much no exposure for UFC or MMA in general for a kid, then it took 2 years in to training when I overheard my coach talk about some "randy couture" guy so I looked him up, and I was like "ooooh, that's what I do, not pro wrestling."
>>
>>66758629
Blow Job Junkie
>>
>>66758380

First day in the gym, a buy training for his first amateur fight got in the ring with me after the owner of the gym gave me pointers. I watched videos on how to put on wraps, and basic boxing movements on my own for two weeks before setting foot in the gym. I asked a similar question on spee over a year ago, they were right. Someone will try to fuck you up on the first day. I'm a 6'6" heavyweight, the guy I sparred was a 6'2" hungry skeleton. He had speed on me but I controlled with my jab. he got in a lot of body shots on me, and started throwing bolo punches like an arrogant asshole. but I cut off the ring and caught him flush on the chin with my 2 and nearly put him on the canvas, he got pissed and fucked my shit up after that for the next two rounds

I was tired of playing team sports, and since I am a big guy, I wanted to finally learn a combat sport. I also wanted to compete as an amateur, because at 26, this is the only sport I could possibly break into and have a chance at being decent.

It really sucks, and it doesn't really get that much better. it still hurts like all fuck getting hit in the nose, but eventually it gets to the point where its harder to make it bleed, which is nice I guess. you have to hold it together because you want to inflict that on the dude who did it to you, it's hard not to get so riled up and tense. getting tense makes you tired, flexing muscles just saps your oxygen and thus your speed and reflexes.

Having it over the summer. pissed I missed LA golden gloves.

Took a nasty right hook from a professional MMA guy who reminds me of david tua, pissed blood.

n/a, will update in a few months

hope the spaz gets tired, learn to either counter or learn to fight in that phonebooth, like GGG is doing here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ2GrBRNxY
setting the jab is my best bet because of my reach, keep the footwork smart and efficient (think joe louis) as he tires himself out. also depends on the amount of rounds desu.
>>
File: based ggg.jpg (60 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
based ggg.jpg
60 KB, 640x435
>>66759397
samefag here, also going to the GGG wade fight, so fucking hype to see those two and chocolatito on the undercard
>>
>>66758380
Why the question about spazzy fighters?
>>
>>66759006
Why not fight in a gym?
Why not agree to rules?
Why did you agree to fight?
>>
>>66758380
bring a knife to a fist fight nigga
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.