[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to fix soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Simple idea to fix soccer:

In basketball, once you cross the center line on offense, you're not allowed to go back unless it's deflected by the defense.

Tell me why applying this rule in soccer wouldn't make the game 100 times more exciting

>in b4 100*0 = 0
>>
Please respond
>>
Not a bad idea imo

Add a 3 second defensive violation in the box too
>>
>>69599638
Teams would just not send anybody forward
>>
Hello
>>
>>69599638
Sounds good

>>69599892
No, fuck you
>>
>>69599906
Why would they do that?
>>
the game wouldn't flow t.bh.
>21 players in one half of the pitch
sounds like mourinho's dream
>>
Add a shot clock too. Dicking around the box with passes for too long ends the possession.
>>
What happens if they do go back over the line? A free kick?
>>
>>69599933
I would imagine nobody would be so retarded as to bring their entire team forward but ok.

>>69599940
Sure. Indirect from the spot where the ball is touched on the defensive side of the line.
>>
>tfw didn't get the get
>>
We have enough pacebabbies in the sport already
>>
Memes
>>
>>69599988
How does this affect pace?

>>69599996
What did he mean by this
>>
>>69600022

Teams would send more players over the halfway line to retain possession, so counter attacking would be more effective.

Maybe.
>>
there's a thread for this already m8
>>
>>69600058
Is there a thread for 7-1 as well, Mr. Thread Police?
>>
>>69599638
It would end with even more defensive tactics (why would you risk a counterattack?) so no
>>
>>69600058
Then why are you here?
>>
>>69600081
?
>>
>>69600080
You would just leave your defenders back behind the line to protect if you really wanted to. I don't really see how preventing backwards passes will lead to more counter attacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 673x1020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 673x1020
>>69600081
>>
>>69600108
Because you're assuming that that will lead to more attacking football. More than likely, it would lead to more passes between the defence, baiting the oposition for a counter attack
>>
>>69600108

It would still open the game up to pace babby counter attacks, or overly defensive formations. Think about it, you can't push to many forward because if something breaks down you can't go back to keep possession. So stay do you do instead? Leave 7 behind the line and play hoof ball and hope for the best
>>
>>69599638
>100*0 = 0
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.