[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Dražen Petrović such a hardcore nationalist Croat when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: drazen_petrovic_cro.jpg (17 KB, 200x385) Image search: [Google]
drazen_petrovic_cro.jpg
17 KB, 200x385
Why was Dražen Petrović such a hardcore nationalist Croat when his father was a Bosnian Serb? With his mother being Croatian, that's about as "Yugoslav" as it gets. Hell him and his brother Aleksandar(Serbian name) were/are 2nd cousins to Yugoslavian/Serb great Dejan Bodiroga.

He was very vocal about his Croat nationalism during a time of war.. Which is pretty fucked up.

And before that.. There was Divac who only wanted to celebrate with Yugoslavian flags when they won first place with Yugoslavia, so when he saw the Croatian flag being held by a nationalist/separatist, he wanted to remove it from the celebrations. This clearly didn't sit well with Petrović. He clearly had a separatist mindset since his early years. Did he get them from his mother? Or were there some underground youth Croat ustaša separatist movements in his hometown?
>>
Anyone?
>>
in terms America understands:

why is Pedro a hardcore American when his dad is Mexican?
>>
>>69588601

So Divac was the only sensible man in the Yugoslavian team?

Also, Petrovic probably suffered from converso syndrome; being a mutt, he has to show off himself as being more croat than the croats in order to be accepted in their community.
>>
he was a serbian scum or what we like to call them chetniks, only blue pilled croatian plebs like him
>>
>>69589753
pretty much this
the worst croat nationalists and ustashe during ww2 were people with serbian backgrounds
which actually does say something about us serbs
we're not a very nice people
>>
>>69588601
Probably because he was born and raised in Croatia,he had nothing to do with Serbia.Vojislav Seseljs roots are in Croatia,Seselj is a Croatian surname.
Ante Starcevics mother was a Serb and so on...
>>
>>69591581
Lots of Yugoslavs during that time played pro sports were raised in Croatia.. They were nowhere near as vocal as Petrović. How did his father feel about his comments and actions?
>>
Because of reasons.
>>
File: Sinisa-Mihajlovic-Vukovar.jpg (50 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
Sinisa-Mihajlovic-Vukovar.jpg
50 KB, 670x447
>>69591581

Mihajlovic was also born and raised in Croatia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyXtBotJV0
>>
>>69591965
Literally crucified in the media the day after
>>
>>69591656
Lots of people didn't feel Yugoslav in Yugoslavia.About 6% soldiers in the Croatian Army during the war were ethnic Serbs,and not every nationalist is an Ustasha.
You sound like pissed off Serb diaspora
>>
File: 1325544020841.jpg (30 KB, 291x364) Image search: [Google]
1325544020841.jpg
30 KB, 291x364
>>69588601
>Or were there some underground youth Croat ustaša
>it's a diaspora shitpost episode
>>
>>69589652
holy shit, my sides
>>
File: Urda.jpg (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Urda.jpg
16 KB, 600x400
Aj ne seri Ante. Seselj je Hercegovac, porjeklom katolik.
Nike veze sa krvatskom.
>>
>>69590045
My family is Serbian. What do you mean?
>>
>>69592785
Sta ima u Urugvaju? Ladno jel da? al standard jebiga
>>
>>69588601
>i just watched 30 for 30, the post
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.