[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If baseball was to be given back its olympic status, should major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Baseball-Olympics.jpg (26 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Baseball-Olympics.jpg
26 KB, 500x333
If baseball was to be given back its olympic status, should major league players get a chance to play in it?

Also what would a Team USA (or Team your country if you're from one of those countries that play baseball) look like at these Olympics if MLB players could play in it
>>
>>69585896
it's precisely because they are not allowed to play in the Olympics that they refuse to give baseball a spot

Olympics used to be for "everyone", but now the IOC only want the best available

also >we could probably not send a team, as in Europe Netherland, Italy and Germany are better at it.
>>
Team USA couldn't exist because they would all fail their WADA drug tests
>>
>>69585896

There's no point in having a competition where you don't allow the actually good players play.
>>
>>69585896

Team USA would be a few second-tier all-stars (none of them pitchers) and a bunch of mediocre players, because MLB would never let a large number of superstars risk injury for some meme international tournament.
>>
no one relevant. I would love to see a true team USA in the WBC, but it will never happen.
>>
just make the little league world series an olympic thing
>>
Team USA would still be dominant but some south american and chink teams would be good too

>Team USA
>aka White Power
>Mike Trout
>Bryce Harper
>Kris Bryant
>Andrew Mccutchen
>Clayton Kershaw
>Wade Davis
>Eric Hosmer
>>
>>69587921
The WBC will never be relevant
Players will tend to pick spring training over an irrelevant competition (it's on MLB Network ffs) and it's controlled by the MLB
Their interests will always interfere

I was hoping that maybe they'll see the Olympics as an avenue to the international markets they're not in, following the NBA's example
But it would never happen unfortunately
>>
>mfw golf is an olympic sport
>mfw won't be able to see based brazilian baseball team play at home.
>>
>>69585896
>If baseball was to be given back its olympic status
it won't. no countries care about it

>should major league players get a chance to play in it?
doesn't matter, mlb won't allow it
>>
>>69588041
cutch isn't white
also he sucks this year
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.