[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the best sports game of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: NBA_Street_Vol._2_Coverart.png (259 KB, 300x383) Image search: [Google]
NBA_Street_Vol._2_Coverart.png
259 KB, 300x383
Was this the best sports game of all time?
>>
Homecourt was and i don't even like basketball.

FIFA street and NFL Blitz were fun too
>>
I would say it is one of the best basketball games period.
>>
THEY REMINISCE THEY REMINISCE
>>
No that's NBA 2K11 or NFL 2K5
>>
>>69561810
>NFL 2k5 is goat
I want this meme to end
>>
SUPER DODGE BALL for the NES
>>
my buddy had his gamecube out one day and we played this together recently.... FYI it has not aged well.
>>
NHL Hitz 2003
>>
Man this and nba ballers were so fucking fun
>>
File: NHL_96_Coverart.png (157 KB, 256x357) Image search: [Google]
NHL_96_Coverart.png
157 KB, 256x357
>>
File: based miles.jpg (53 KB, 599x799) Image search: [Google]
based miles.jpg
53 KB, 599x799
CM/FM
>>
FIFA 2002
>>
NFL Blitz (especially at the arcade)
>>
>>69561576
Easily the best basketball game. Volume 2 was by far the best one too. I still don't understand why Playstation hasn't re-released this. I'd definitely pay for it.
>>
>>69561937
best free kick system ever.
Best sports game was Madden 94
>>
In no particular order:
CM 00/01
CM4
FM 2008
Fifa 98
Fifa 2000
Fifa 2002
PES 6
PES 2013
NBA Live 2005
>>
>>69561834

It's not a meme. Both Madden 05 and 2K5 were extremely solid games. The franchise mode in 2k blew Madden out of the water though and the physics were much better. But Madden had just introduced the hit stick so it had that going for it.
>>
>>69562014
>You will never kick Kyle Boller's ass so hard that you win a motorcycle for you mansion again

Feels bad
>>
mario tennis
>>
File: vsdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg (393 KB, 1530x845) Image search: [Google]
vsdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg
393 KB, 1530x845
>>69561576
thanks for reminding me. i need to get vol 2 running better on dolphin. it was wonky last time

>nba street vol 2 in full HD

ty based dolphin
>>
Slugfest Baseball 2005 is the best
>we will never again get a baseball game that allows you to beat the shit out of the other players
>>
File: Superpunchoutbox.jpg (23 KB, 256x178) Image search: [Google]
Superpunchoutbox.jpg
23 KB, 256x178
>>
Fifa Street 2
>>
>>69561576
yes because slam dunk goal tending was allowed.
>>
>>69561708
That song brought back memories of my childhood!
Pete Rock & CL Smooth were awesome!
>>
>>69562824
please explain how u get that
>>
Mutant League Football for the Megadrive

Fun as fuck
>>
I remember when I would play NBA Street I would focus way more on the trick points than scoring baskets. I would do these really long trick move combos, usually just the simple ones and would just do like 10 of them then do an alley oop dunk. I would rack up so many points while my dumbass friends would just run down and shoot a basket. Then by the 4th basket I would already have a gamebreaker and rape em
>>
>>69561971

Even my Dad would have a crack at Madden 94 it was so accessable, great game
>>
>>69561810
Blitz was the best football game because you could actually play defense
>>
BASEBALL
MVP 2005

BASKETBALL
NBA Jam

BOXING
Mike Tyson Punch Out (Fight Night 3 was good too)

CRICKET
Slime Cricket

FOOTBALL
NFL Blitz 2000

GOLF
Mario Golf (N64)

HOCKEY
NHL 07

SOCCER
Super Strikers (Gamecube)

TENNIS
Virtua Tennis 2
>>
>>69564964
Dolphin Emulator. Then find Gamecube ISOs.
>>
POST DOPE ASS TRACKS YOU DISCOVERED FROM SPORT VIDEO GAMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOh7_x8yBW0
>>
>>69565059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhBuAxprWDI

their best
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 320x248
MLB Power Pros master race right here
>>
>>69565319
Shit, that brings back memories. I played that at a friends house once and the career mode seemed literally endless with features
>>
>>69561576
The next one was better.
>STOP, IN THE NAME OF BLOCK
>BEFORE YOU TAKE THE SHOT
>>
>>69565041
Sega Soccer Slam was just as fun as Super Strikers
>>
File: NCAA_Football_06_Coverart.jpg (107 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
NCAA_Football_06_Coverart.jpg
107 KB, 256x365
MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL

>tfw I grew up on this game and I STILL play it on my ps2

EA Sports used to be so fucking good with their yearly titles, what happened?
>>
The first was much better.

And Showtime on NBC was by far the best apehoop game
>>
>>69566087
The jump to HD engines set every sports game back 5-10 years. The dropped game modes so they could get their fancy new engine ready for the launch of Xbox 360. And now, with Xbone and PS4, they are still missing features that were included in the PS2 generation. I'm guessing the new engines they keep pumping out means little time to actually sit down and code features people want.

NBA 2K on the other hand, upgraded their engine to the best they could for the 360 launch, but kept their game modes. I remember distinctly it was 2K7 that jumped ahead of Live (RIP). So all 2K has had to do since is slowly refine existing gameplay and make their current HD engine.
>>
>>69566087
>>69566117
Oh and then Ultimate Team came in 2009. They haven't need to put in any real effort since that game mode alone, across FIFA and Madden, essentially covers costs for all of EA Sports and still have leftover money to move to the main HQ.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.