[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on the Knicks 2017 roster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: capitals-fire17.jpg (119 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
capitals-fire17.jpg
119 KB, 1000x600
What is your opinion on the Knicks 2017 roster?
>>
Shet/10
>>
first 98-0 team in NBA history
>>
Best roster of 2011
>>
>>69557428
4 out of the starting 5 are going to be ded by the all-star break.
>>
Best paper roster in maybe 10 years
Still not beating the overachieving 12/13 team (54-28)

My honest guess is (with injuries here and there) 45-37 with maybe a 6 seed in the playoffs
>>
>>69557428
Is Carmelo Anthony good /sp/? I never see him on highlight reels or anything but he seems to be one of "the stars" of the NBA?
>>
>>69557428
>the Knicks

Are they still around?
>>
>>69557672
He's the Phillip Rivers of the NBA. Elite but been on shit team for his entire career.
>>
Trash.
>>
Probably sell a shit ton of jerseys.

45-48 win team.
>>
>>69557672
go away casual shitter.
>>
>>69557428
2013 championship contender.
>>
>>69557786
That would be the hell of an improvement taking into account they come from a 32W season, but I don't see it happening.
>>
"we" finally have a decent team, feels kinda good

hope we make the playoffs
>>
>>69557894

Im assuming theyll get 70+ games out of rose and noah but i think theyre both big improvements over what they had and can see Porz getting even better so i think theyll do well.
>>
>>69557672
He's what would happen if Kobe hadn't been surrounded by talent
>>
>>69557923

He's kobe without the determination to win and be the best.
>>
>DRose

that nigga done
>>
>>69557672
He's pretty good. Very dangerous offensively and can be a threat defensively, but kind of spotty there. Anthony isn't known for defense, but he can defend well.. sometimes.

Anthony has never had a strong supporting team (championship caliber) and has been known to be difficult, personality wise. If surrounded by the right team and mentor, like Kobe was, he could've developed into a fantastic player. He's on the decline a bit and he'll be considered elite until he retires, but never up there in the great top 10 of any list.

Carmelo isn't a has-been, nor is he a never-was. He fits in with never-given-a-chance. He's Kobe lite without a Shaq or strong coach to guide him. It's a shame because I love him and think he's an awesome player.
>>
>>69557937
If Kobe had played alongside the same dudes Melo has for his entire career, he'd have wound up exactly like Melo
>>
>>69558001
there was that one year he had Iverson and Camby and he did nothing with them. Kobe would have at least gotten out of the first round with that team.
>>
He should've went to Chicago. Probably would've gotten a ring with Thibs, heart, and a possibly healthy Rose
>>
If this team was around in 2011, it would be GOAT. Now, not so much. Be prepared with being super disappointed with drose
>>
>>69557717
Damn, that's actually the perfect comparison
>>
>>69557937
I think he and Iverson would've killed each other.
>>
Doesn't matter, it's the >Knicks
>>
>>69557643
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>69557717
>Melo
>Elite

dohohoho
This guy was a chucker before the Warriors actually did it well.
>>
>>69558085
No he wouldn't have, can you imagine Kobe & Iverson playing together? It wouldn't have worked, neither did Melo & Iverson.

However, Melo reached the WCF with Billups who fit his style more than Iverson.
>>
Is Carmelo still on the team?

Yes? Out before the Eastern finals
>>
>>69557672

Good scorer, used to be elite. Plays much better when surrounded by elite teammates such as at the Olympics

Has a surprisingly good h2h record against LeGod
>>
File: 1465724090985.gif (1 MB, 510x326) Image search: [Google]
1465724090985.gif
1 MB, 510x326
Atleast we're the most valuable Organization in the league
>>
The Knicks have the best team of 2011.
>>
>Le 2011 playoffs team

Well memed
>>
Comedy gold is coming
>>
I like it better than last year's. Should get a 7th or 8th seed. I want them to be utter shit though since they have their 1st round pick this year though.
>>
>>69557428
Would have been great......5 years ago. Rose and Noah are shells of their former selves.
>>
File: MeloPepe.jpg (63 KB, 698x660) Image search: [Google]
MeloPepe.jpg
63 KB, 698x660
>>69557428
It makes me hopeful. Considering its the Knicks however, my hopes are always revarded with dissapontment.
LET'S GO KNICKS!
>>
if this team existed 5-6 years ago they would win the chip
>>
too little, too late
>>
>>69557428
The best team of 2011
>>
>>69557428
Eh, if Rose played at half strength of his MVP form and so did Noah then I don't see why they shouldn't get the fourth seed.

They'd still lose to the cavs/celtics tho. Like if meme magic truly worked in their favour they could consider possibly winning 1 game in ECF. There's not way they'll come close to the finals or even win it though. Shame.
>>
>>69557428
They're a 4-6 seed in the East, probably.
Wouldn't surprise me if they make the 2nd round of the playoffs. Also wouldn't surprise me if 2 or 3 of their starters were ded by all star break and they miss the playoffs entirely.

They'd be a better team without le zen triangle man forcing them to run the fucking triangle offense. Horny is a decent coach, but not good enough to make them greater than the sum of their parts.
>>
Hopeful, but it could become dumpster fire tier with injuries and personalities clashing.

Most likely, playoffs but won't make it to the ECF.
>>
If Derrick Rose can stay healthy (which isn't possible) and if Carmelo can stop being such a ball stopper (almost as impossible as Rose staying healthy) then they could surprise people. Realistically they'll be 3-6 seed and probably lose in the second round of the playoffs.
>>
>>69557717
>Chargers shitty team
>Tomlinson, Gates, Cromartie, Merriman,

Nah
They simply should've have done better, and Rivers is a part of that underachieving.
>>
Should totally be called the Dead Rabbits and then I'd buy a jersey.

What the fuck is a Knick anyway?
>>
One thing's for sure, I don't envy their coach
'hey so jeff, can you uh...'
>ensure joakim's knees don't explode
>give melo enough touches
>give Drose enough touches
>let porzingis develop
>make sure Drose's knees don't explode
>get us to the playoffs
>>
>>69557428
Why do they wear those sleeves?
>>
What bandwagon jersey should I get from Aliexpress lads?
>>
>>69557428
>Derrick Rose
Absolutely broken man, can't get to the rim consistently so he chucks from range now except he's a terrible shooter. Passing ability seems to have disappeared too.

>Courtney Lee
I mean, he's not BAD, he's just not special at all

>Melo
An "elite scorer" who's getting old and couldn't even muster 22ppg last year on a trash team. Looks like he's stopped playing defense entirely. Passing has improved though.

>Porzingis
Still too raw to be super productive, I think it'll take another season or two before he's comfortable.

>Noah
Averaged 4 points on 38% shooting last season. Somehow scalped the Knicks for 70 million.

And on top of all of that, they have no bench and their 3 biggest name starters are either injury prone or basically on death's door injury-wise. I'm taking the pessimistic viewpoint but it's not unrealistic, Knicks are not gonna be good.
>Byron Scott said they'd be in the ECF
Fucking lol
>>
>>69569059
Knickerbottoms... google it
>>
WE MAKIN THE PLAYOFFS BOIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>69569073
#SWAG
>>
File: 1439137254133.png (723 KB, 622x688) Image search: [Google]
1439137254133.png
723 KB, 622x688
>>69559410
The teams trash (except zinger) but the cable company and MSG are worth money
>>
Way too many exploding knees.
>>
>>69574054
Elle is such a sweetheart but you just KNOW she's been BLACKED
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1080x1080
>>69557428
>if you weren't a fan when we were down by 30
>don't be a fan when we're down by 20
>>
>>69574054
>kobr
>"nice guy"

yeah ok
>>
>>69575851

Why 25?
>>
this roster in 2011 > 2017 Golden State
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.