[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Teddy Bridgewater Elite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2
File: 1450644785587.png (449 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
1450644785587.png
449 KB, 600x461
Is Teddy Bridgewater Elite?
>>
no

the only bigger meme quarterback than him is Kirk Cousins
>>
>>69553409
>not carr
>>
He's not elite or anything, but he's better than Cutler and Stafford even if he's black
>>
>>69553495

Carr has a future.
>>
>>69553409
Both SB QBs last year were memes desu

Tebow could have unironically also made the SB with either team last year
>>
The guy is going to have one of the best winning records if the vikings stay a strong team.
>>
Is he even a top 5 QB from his draft class?

1. Carr
2. Bortles
3. Garoppolo
4. McCarron
5. Bridgewater?

999999999. Manziel
>>
>>69553572
>Garoppolo

Literally more unproven than the pokemon trainer
>>
>>69553572
He's number 3 on that list
>>
>>69553591
He's in Belichick's system. If Matt Cassel could figure it out, anyone can.
>>69553599
Spotted the vicucks fan
>>
>>69553599
He's definitely better than Bortles too.
>>
not elite. hangs on to the ball for too long. to be fair, the OL for the Vikings has been nothing short of a dumpster fire. he has been constantly under pressure and im afraid it has affected his mental game. The WR core for the Vikings played with what seemed like zero effort outside of Diggs. Even then, Diggs isn't the type of WR that can relied upon to get separation often, he doesn't have the physical attributes of a true #1 option. Wallace never showed up to a game.

With all that considered, he played efficient football, and limited costly turnovers. Has the ability to pick up first downs with his legs. Teams know he can run, but he is pass first and defenses aren't primarily concerned with that and he will pick up decent chunks of yardage on the ground.

The Vikings are a team that can't stretch the defense, but can dink and dime you down the field. Adrian Peterson's fumbling issue has cost them more than a few chances of getting deep in the playoffs.

If Teddy gains some confidence and the WR core gets their shit together, he could possibly be a top 10 QB next season, in my opinion. To be completely objective, it's too soon tell and could easily fall off the map as well as start to really flourish. The Vikings haven't given him a proper environment to see if he can start to fling the ball around, the Elites of the NFL don't need great targets to will their teams to a W. Teddy is still very young and has been pushed into a starting role very early on in his career, but that is how the NFL is nowadays. Elite's will take that 8-9 win team to a 12+ win team. So, we will just have to watch.
>>
>>69553607
Well teddy has never had a reciever to throw to in his NFL career. Fucking Jimmy G will have gronk, edelman, and amendola.

Jimmy has one fucking TD get outta here with this he's better than Teddy bullshit.
>>
>>69553607
He did do his part to win a division. Garrapolo has done nothing really
>>
>>69553622
>Well teddy has never had a reciever to throw to in his NFL career
Your second best offensive player is a wide receiver
>>
>>69553633
And he's shit
>>
>>69553639
What happened to Patterson? Heard he was the next great thing just a year back. Then poof I figured he got injured or some shit
>>
>>69553664
he can't run routes yet. it was ok when he was a rookie but it's his 4th year now
>>
>>69553517
Is this bait or mental retardation?

Cam was the MVP last year and their offense doesn't work without him. He had Ted Ginn as his fucking number 1 reciever the entire year and did great.

Now Tebow on the Broncos I agree with you there. He would have put up more points than Manning in the Super Bowl as well.
>>
>>69553607
>>69553599
Teddy led his team to an 11-5 record with fuck all to do in terms of weapons and offensive line. He would have won a playoff game if it wasn't for his cuck kicker and AP fumbling at the worst fucking time. The pressure he faced was unreal. Vikes need an O-line if they want him to take control of the team. He's right behind Carr.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/684423859706183680

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/02/09/the-heat-cam-newton-felt-in-super-bowl-was-bridgewaters-average-game/
>>
>>69553607
Why do Patriots fans think they know football?
>>
>>69553777
Which teams fans know about fooball then?
>>
>>69553730
Cam was the biggest meme of 2015. He had a QBR somewhere around 15-20 out of 32 and was always given short fields by his defense

For the whole Dab Jesus meme he was not even the best black QB last season. RW, Teddy, and Crab Legs all had superior seasons; Cam just had a stacked team

To be fair he would have had it easier with Kelvin Benjamin healthy
>>
Carr is in such a better situation than bridgewater, he is in a pass first offense with a much better offensive line.

He also has far better receivers with cooper who looked like a hof lock since college.

Then his #2 wr is crabtree who was drafted 10th despite being the best in his class. Raiders went for MUH SPEED with Heyward-Bey since al davis was still alive.

He's doing good now that he's out of san fran and the mess they were at the time.

Bridgewaters best wr's were guys who will be out of the league soon and diggs a 5th round rookie.

This year is the true make or break year with bw now having treadwell, a healthier better oline.
>>
Of Jake Utler had a competent team, he would easily be the most elite QB of all time.
>>
>>69553852
>Cam was the biggest meme of 2015. He had a QBR somewhere around 15-20 out of 32 and was always given short fields by his defense

Bruh are you serious? QB rating of 15-20? It's actually 99.4. And QB rating doesn't factor in rushing yards or TDs which is a huge part of his game. Defense might have given him a shorter field, but you can hardly blame Cam for that. He was fucking lights out in terms of TD efficiency. I can't think of anyone else that deserved the MVP last year more than him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/camnewton/2495455/careerstats
>>
>>69553867

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZWrf6kgs7Q
>>
>>69553572
>thinking Derek Carr is any good
He just had a ridiculously good offensive line for a little while there, got fucking EXPOSED when the Vikings anally raped them
>>
>>69553611
you forgot to say "and if the offensive line can git gud"
it was the injuries last season, even our GOAT center was on the PUP list during training camp
>>
File: megaquonteddy.png (879 KB, 960x649) Image search: [Google]
megaquonteddy.png
879 KB, 960x649
>>69553381
>>
>>69553880
he said 15-20 out of 32.

>out of 32

what is reading comprehension, right?
>>
>>69553381
Well. Different players have different styles.

Carr and bortles are both garbage time kings, especially Carr. Thatsvnotvevej debatable

So you take away the garbage time numbers, and you can do it pretty easy, you'll see who actually does what.

You do that and factor in results (pints scored per possession-game winning time kill drives) you get an even clearer view.

Long story short
Teddy plays the old man game. He doesn't fuck up much, when he does it's usually at the best times (int after throwing a 60 yard bomb with little or no time left end of 1st half). Teddy is uber efficient in that way. Bortles is the most talented of that year and is gradually getting there.

Carr... Who knows. Either he's a mental midget or his arm is streaky as fuck.

Bridge is the best right now because a he's reliable and you can trust the guy. Bortles might eventually be the best. Carr... Is way way overhyped. He's jay cutler minus the pouty face.

Teddy is top 16 maybe top 10
>>
If Carr wins a bowl it will be an 18-1 against the panthers.
>>
>>69553763
You can't blame that playoff loss on Walsh. Teddy should of scored at least one TD, they got in the redzone 4 times and got 3 FGs. Granted Peterson was shit, but Teddy scores just 1 TD and they win that game.
>>
>>69559194
You're fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
>>69562892
He did his fucking job as a quarterback. That was a virutal 100% success rate kick. It's absolutely 100% on Walsh.
>>
>>69563173
His job as a QB is to score, a job which he failed. Don't get me wrong, I think Bridgewater can be great with better weapons. I just think he should of done more in that game.
>>
>>69553730
Can won MVP because muh black QB

Brady and Palmer were both better passers in the regular season, Big Ben probably would have been as well if he didn't die and Rodgers as well if half his team didn't die
>>
>>69563269
>Can won MVP because muh black QB

I don't know if this is mental retardation or what. Nigger just look at the stats. No one deserved it last year more than Cam.
>>
>>69563301
Not Brady for dragging a half dead Pats team to AFCCG and being a play away from potentially winning?

Top fucking kek 15-1 playing arguably one of the easiest schedules for any 14 win team ever and you think he was somehow miles ahead of people that don't have the build of a linebacker and can just run over people
>>
>>69563219
Well AP also didn't help at all that game in the redzone. If you watched the game you would see that they would keep handing the ball to AP in the redzone and he wasn't getting anywhere. Then they would let Teddy pass only on 3rd down. Keep in mind this guy had shit o-line and weapons to work with. Hardly his fault he didn't score a TD
>>
>>69563340
I mentioned how shit AP was in my first post. He really should of taken more blame than he did. I can't remember exactly but didn't he fumble 2 or 3 times?
>>
>>69563318
Are you kidding me dude? Cam had Ted Ginn as his main target the entire season. Brady had Gronk, edelman, and Amendola. Now look at the fucking stats please. Brady did not deserve MVP this year.
>>
Oh, you mean "Sixteen touchdown Teddy"?

nah, if all he can muster up is 16 total TD's a season in a league where even the most mediocre QBs can put up at least 25 (Tannehill got 24, just to put this into perspective), then no, he's not elite. He's not good. He's not even average. He's poor. Piss poor. I'm surprised he still has a job. Will probably be an insurance salesman in the next 3 years.
>>
>>69563393
He fumbled once, but it was at a pretty crucial moment. Like he always does.
>>
>>69563407
He had the three of them healthy for half the season and was on pace to set records

Even with with Gronk and Edelman missing with 0 offensive line he managed to salvage a 12-4 season despite the worst play calling I've ever seen in their last 4 games

Can showed his true colors as a choking faggot schedule babby, Brady got legit murdered against the Broncos and in spite of terrible decision making by Belichick they almost went to overtime

Brady had better passer stats, Newton had better rushing stats. We should stop giving credit to young hyper athletic QBs scrambling for 1000 yards a season because it's unsustainable and completely ducking independent of how intelligent or skilled they actually are
>>
>>69563441
11-5.

Wins are what matter. Not stats. tannehill is shit
>>
>>69563463
Throwing 2 interceptions and 1 crucial one in the endzone certainly didn't help his cause.

>Brady had better passer stats, Newton had better rushing stats. We should stop giving credit to young hyper athletic QBs scrambling for 1000 yards a season because it's unsustainable and completely ducking independent of how intelligent or skilled they actually are

"We should stop giving credit to people that score touchdowns and win games!!"

I've never seen a more retarded post in my life.
>>
>>69553381
He's black. So no.
>>
>>69563463
Wilson is the only one who does the dual-threat QB right
>>
>>69563522
He ran over garbage teams and the second he played a good defense he was exposed

No, Seattle does not count, they were a complete she'll of 2013 and 2014
>>
>>69563522
The interception he threw in the end zone was with the game on the line and off a tip, if Gostowski doesn't shank a PAT or BB doesn't go for it on 3 consecutive 4th downs in the end zone it's irrelevant

Cam at no point in the Owl looked like even a top 5 player
>>
>>69563571

Friendly reminder Brady was also refballed against Chicken Parm as usual
>>
>>69563545
Cardinals

His O-line played shit as well during the super bowl.

Regardless, MVP is for the regular season, and Cam absolutely deserved his MVP. Regardless of how much you don't like him or even if he shit the bed in the superbowl.
>>
>>69563571
In his own endzone I mean. The one that led to the Owen daniels TD. He doesn't throw that I think we win that game.

>>69563599
Not really. The defense was just really good.
>>
>>69563603
If Cam was worthy of an MVP he would have played like one when it mattered

The fact is that the media does not take external circumstances or schedule enough into account to actually be accurate at all, the black QB narrative absolutely helped his case and if you want to deny that you're denying the the constant media discussion that surrounded him every week when he would fucking score and celebrate like a child
>>
Stop talking about tom Tom Brady this is a Vikings thread
>>
>>69553508

>carr has a future

Anyhwere not named oakland, otherwise hes gonna be jamarcus russel tier in a couple years
>>
>>69563470

11 wins against shit teams in a suspect division. A real QB could have put them at 13 or 14 wins and deeper in the playoffs, but that's just my "coulda shoulda woulda" talk.

There will come a time very soon where their defense and AP can only carry them for so long.

What i'm trying to say is Teddy needs to step up very soon before the Vikings window of opportunity closes on them, because they are one good QB away from being serious contenders.
>>
>>69563636
>the black QB narrative absolutely helped his case

Kill yourself
>>
>>69563532

A case could be made for Russell Wilson to be the best overall QB desu, black or white. He is quite the exception in that he rarely chimps out mentally on the field and generally makes excellent decisions to go with his underrated physical tools. Jameis Winston is also very effective on the field despite being a hilariously unironic walking stereotype off it.

Of course you have your memes with Cam and such but overall they have been less affirmative action lately
>>
>>69563636
MVPs have been getting wrecked in play offs for years. I can't remember the last one who won the Owl.
>>
>>69564197
Brady was probably the closest in 2007 since Chicken Parm got decimated in 2013

>>69563702
Why should I kill myself? I'm not even an edgy /pol/ fag that thinks Newton is shit, I'm just saying that a media award is absolutely influenced by the fact that the media has been writing about he plight of he black QB for 30 years
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.