[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sp/ you've got the power to turn back time any singular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13
File: bon jovi.jpg (19 KB, 537x320) Image search: [Google]
bon jovi.jpg
19 KB, 537x320
/sp/ you've got the power to turn back time

any singular moment in sports you'd like to change?

Hard mode: only events you saw live
>>
i would assassinate the motherfucker who approved these commercials
>>
i would have the seahawks run on the goal line

not even a seahawks fan
>>
File: failcons.jpg (12 KB, 236x237) Image search: [Google]
failcons.jpg
12 KB, 236x237
kick six and yes even on hard mode unfortunately

that 2012 NFC championship game
>>
>>69550436

yeah same
>>
i would go back in time and prevent my conception. i would physically pull my father out of my mother so that his stuff was spilled on the sheets instead of inside so that i would never be born
>>
File: feelsbadmanpats.jpg (69 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadmanpats.jpg
69 KB, 327x367
fucking helmet catch
>>
Vikings vs Saints NFC Championship game
>>
>>69550466
but if you prevented yourself from being born who would prevent yourself from being born?
>>
Normal mode: 18-1. Actually hate the Pats but having a team go 19-0 would have been cool to experience.

Hard mode: the Olympic Marathon Trials this year, Luke Puskedra got 4th, missing an Olympic berth. His one year old has cancer and it would have been a huge pay day for him. I was a fan when he ran in college, very gutsy tough runner. Watching him finish 4th was lame.
>>
Abort David Tyree and end the nine years of nightmares
>>
Bartman
>>
stop ron artest from hitting backbreaking 3 pointer to prevent paul pierce from getting a much deserved second ring
>>
>bon jovi
is that actually who it is or is this lolmislabelingphotos
because i see the commercials and wonder if that guy is supposed to be someone famous, then want to punch him in the face at the end every time with the zoom-in smirk
>>
>>69550371
Fire Lovie Smith and give HC to River Boat Rivera after the 2005 debacle .

But letting Lovie fire him was a good ideal though...right guys?
>>
Reggie Fish muffing a punt inside the 5 yard line with the lead against Florida in the 2006 sec championship game. The most dejected I've ever felt at a game. Honorable mention to Ryan Mallett throwing a late pick against Ohio St in the 2011 sugar bowl. Both of those qualify for hard mode as well
>>
>>69550371

holmes catch and the wondolowski miss during the belgium game
>>
>>69550582

fantastic post kiddo, upvoted and subscribed
>>
Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. Roberts gets caught stealing and the game ends and the Yankees sweep the Tardinals instead of the Red Cucks sweeping the Tardinals.
>>
Brandon Bostick's botched onside kick
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 265x191) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 265x191
>>69550371
4 throws
>>
>>69550524
>I hate the pats
> I wish they had actually gone 19-0

pick one hombre
>>
>>69550371
Not sure how you "see" Stern fucking with the CP3 trade but I'd rewind that
>>
File: 1465805305612.jpg (58 KB, 540x388) Image search: [Google]
1465805305612.jpg
58 KB, 540x388
>>69550508
Wtf yo, way to deep
>>
>>69551303
football to the knee came first, and MEDIOCRE should be fixed while we're at it.

>tfw harbaugh could have done what no coach has ever done and threepeated in the owl
>tfw he would have done it in his very first three seasons
>tfw set for life and wouldn't have been fired
the good guys lost
>>
7-1

make sure Özil doesn't miss
>>
I would stop the Villanova player from hitting that three to win the NCAA basketball championship this year, thus sending it into overtime. I was in Chapel Hill for that game, so if UNC had pulled it out in OT, the town would have went crazy.
>>
Normal: The 21-0 shitshow loss to Alabama in the natty
Hard: The heartbreaking 21-17 loss the following year
t. LSU handegg fan
>>
File: fags.jpg (163 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
163 KB, 1100x619
Pacquiao beating Mayweather by brutal knockout.
>>
>>69550436
I was actually rooting for the Seahawks that night and I wouldn't take that back. The most hilarious ending to a SB ever.
>>
>it was 3-0
also talk to that tru qt in line at the movie premiere
girls are sports
>>
1. Helmet catch
2. Bartman
3. Vikings missing last season's fg against the xehawks.
4. Jordan never quits basketball
5. Wisco Kentucky NCAA final. Wisco doesn't get ref balled to defeat.
>>
File: 87666.png (28 KB, 339x370) Image search: [Google]
87666.png
28 KB, 339x370
>>69550436

came to post this
>>
>week 17 of the 2012 NFL season (I think)
>bears against packers
>Aaron Rodgers came back and this is the battle for the division
>back and forth exciting game
>28-24 bears, 4th quarter 1:30 left on the clock
>Rodgers drives up the field and converts a 4th and 1
>it's now 4th and 8
>Rodgers throws a long ball
>overthrows it
>turnover on downs
>bears kneel and win the game

I woulda been okay with the bears not doing well in the playoffs, that game made me cry though.

And plus, maybe the following season might not have been as bad
>>
Santonio Holmes doesn't make the endzone catch.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1280x720
Game 6 of the 2002 World Series
>>
have the refs call "the tuck rule" ruled a common fumble
>>
Gordon Hayward sinks that half court shot against Duke.
>>
>>69552769
>>69552848
these are both great answers
>>
>>69551377
The 49ers got everything they deserved the moment they jettisoned Alex Smith in favour of swagfag
>>
Draft Jordan instead of Sam Bowie, Trade Drexler or move him to SF
>>
2002 wcf whatever game that was. would break sterns fingers before he could push the fix button
sacramento wouldve won the ship, ratings wouldve tanked, the league would collapse, and we'd live in a world without apehoop
>>
Stockton doesn't hit the 3 over Barkley in the WCF and we finally get the 90s Rockets v. 90s Bulls match up that we deserved to see. Alternatively, the refs call the moving screen on Malone on this very play.

Things seen live? Probably the 2005 ALCS Pujols homer that broke Brad Lidge. Without that, there is no guarantee that the Astros win the WS, but they would have been more confident, and Lidge might have gotten a save in the WS and the Astros don't go down as getting swept in their only WS appearance (although that series was very close for being a sweep.)
>>
File: 10796151.jpg (62 KB, 700x686) Image search: [Google]
10796151.jpg
62 KB, 700x686
>>69550484
>>69550524

Funny, mine is that the Jaguars win against the Patriots the year of 18-1 and steal Coughlin's ring.
>>
>>69552730
That 1 game hurt more than 2012 or 2014 felt good
>>
>>69550436
this tbqh,
I was buttblasted they let the Patriots win again
>>
Andy Reid magically gains clock management skills and runs hurry-up during the Eagles second to last drive, McNabb to TO for a TD.

Eagles stop New England and force a punt. Down 3 with just over 2 minutes to go, they put together a methodical drive, with Brian Westbrook scoring the game-winning TD in the last 30 seconds.

Eagles win Super Bowl XXXIX.

You can eveb take away the Roy Halladay years from the Phillies if you want...
>>
Copa America Centenario final

Higuain doesn't miss what should've been a gift goal. Argentina wins the Copa. Messi holds up the trophy, smiling and sure that the 2018 WC is Argentina's to win.
>>
>>69550371
Tell kershaw and grienke to walk Murphy the entire series then walk over and smack mattingly and tell him to start Alex wood for game 3 of the NLDS

Starts a fucking AL reject instead the fuck
>>
File: IMG_20160715_020901.jpg (440 KB, 1076x1435) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_020901.jpg
440 KB, 1076x1435
>You see, we got the power to turn back time
>Let's go back to nineteen eighty nine
>On April 15th, a problem we have to fix
>We gotta kill more than the
>>96

HEEEYYYYYYYY
THAT'S THE POWER TO TURN BACK TIME!
>>
Easy mode: Cutler doesn't get injured in that one NFC Championship that the Bears definitely could've won against the Packers. It might've been 2011

Hard mode: Pistons select Carmelo instead of Darko
>>
>this does not fucking slip ever again

I would still be a passionate instead of a zombie soccer fan today. I don't think most Liverpool fans actually care about winning. Losing "gloriously" is worth the same to them.

Hard: IDK, maybe have the Lakers win game 1 of the Sixers series in 2001. But AI earned that one and 15-1 is still the GOAT playoff run, not counting the Memeiors' run last season of course.
>>
Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble against the Steelers in the Wild Card round this past season, Bengals finally break playoff curse.

>tfw one more season of not being able to post in /nfl/ threads without getting laughed out
>>
>>69553546

Looks like one of the Bee Gees. He's literally fighting to stay alive

carlos.jpeg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEZrJYXhVM
These fucks actually tackle Dyer and Auburn doesn't win on a last second FG. The Ducks go on to win in OT. My Alma Mater has a NC.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

The Vikings would have won the superbowl, with Favre. Such a amazing story thrown away
>>
Zidane headbutts with even more strength completely skewering Materazzi, killing him instantly and shocking Italy into PTSD.

He is arrested, but France win the world cup.
>>
>>69550371
Kill joe flacco the night before the superb owl
>>
>>69553585
Would he be arrested and tried for murder? I'm pretty sure it's unprecedented and all, but what happens on the field stays on the field right?
>>
Colt McCoy getting hurt in the 2009 Natty. They held it close with Garrett fucking Gilbert. Colt would've won the game and bama would have one less natty.
>>
>>69553033
Jesus. Im a doyers fan but that was rough. no one deserves to lose like that
>>
>>69550371
Assassinate Art Modell in 1990 before he moved the Brownies to Baltimore
Hard mode: Liverpool wins this year's Europa League final
>>
1. Helmet catch / asante samuel interception
2. welker drop / manningham catch / gronk catches the hail marry
3. Caldwell drop
>>
I'd stop Ramos from scoring that 93rd minute header
>>
mmmmmmmmmmmaybe I give the Bills one Superbowl during that run.

Maybe.
>>
>>69550371
>hard mode impossible

I'd probably choose the most surprising come back possible and gamble everything on it.
>>
>>69550582
i have to agree, i guess could just fucking google it though.

Googled: yeah thats him, famous musician back in the 70's? 80's?
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 620x465
Prevent this injury from happening.

>Jason Campbell never gets hurt
>interim management Raiders aren't forced to panic
>Carson Palmer trade rape never happens
>6 picks game vs Kansas City never happens; raiders probably win since the 2011 Chiefs actually kinda sucked
>Raiders finish with 9-11 wins
>win AFC West
>tebowmania is forever just a footnote in Broncos history
>Reggie is probably willing to work with Hue Jackson for at least one season since he never melts down in front of the media
>>
>>69553552
>I would still be a passionate instead of a zombie soccer fan today. I don't think most Liverpool fans actually care about winning. Losing "gloriously" is worth the same to them.

For a team like Liverpool that's already won a gorillion titles, 1 more doesn't mean much. But losing like that, with the slip and all, you'll remember that for forever.
>>
I would stop nigel pearson jr. from fucking that thai whore.
>>
>>69553642
>3. Caldwell drop

This is the one. Holy fuck if that retard would have caught that he could have strolled in for an easy TD. No doubt we steamroll the bears too.

Fucking refball letting Manning win that year. Phantom PI on Hobbs in the endzone.

Fuck that game still leaves me feeling salty. More than 07 or 12 because at least those were fair.
>>
Robben chip it!
>>
File: 1453595002967.jpg (560 KB, 776x1054) Image search: [Google]
1453595002967.jpg
560 KB, 776x1054
That the Indians never brought in Mesa.
>>
>>69554014
Damn, that's a good one.
>>
overturn this
>>
>>69550371

LET'S START OVER LET'S REWIND
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.