[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how disastrous is this going to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: 2016-rio-olympics759-1.jpg (40 KB, 759x422) Image search: [Google]
2016-rio-olympics759-1.jpg
40 KB, 759x422
Just how disastrous is this going to be?
>>
>>69535740
Chill bro, no need to be rude, this is a /comfy/ board.
>>
>>69535740
Don't see hues ever complaining about tsuu threads
>>
>>69534902
If Sochi and Athens and the 2010/2014 WCs got off the ground, this will work
>>
>>69534902
They'll probably muddle through with only a few minor problems during the Games, but the people of Brazil will suffer for it for a generation.
>>
>>69535934
Very different from Sochi and Athens though.
>>
I hope very disastrous, Rio de Janeiro is the worst brazilian meme
>>
Brazils government will sweep everything under the rug and practically ban negative PR on media outlets. The foreign media will air the cliche segment "while the world comes together, the natives still suffer" piece. In the short run, government stuffed their pockets. Long run the world will forget and focus on Russia. While Brazils people will hold pointless demonstrations. Nothing changes really.
>>
Hopefully a lot of people will die.
>>
People have said this about many of the recent tournaments and in the end nothing ever happened.
>>
>>69534902
Probably mildly and unspectacularly disastrous, like every time /sp/ predicts a disaster.
>>
Unless there's an all-out war between the druglords and the authorities, or an ISIS attack, this will go just fine.
We're already in recession, and as we say it here, what's a fart for he who already shat himself?
>>
File: ishtre.png (86 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
ishtre.png
86 KB, 890x890
>>69540020
>2008
>wow China? lol don't they know about political tensions in China? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2010
>wow in Africa? lol don't they know about racial tensions in RSA? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2012
>wow in Russia? lol don't they know about political tensions in Russia? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2014
>wow in Brazil? lol don't they know about political tensions in Brazil? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2016
>wow in Brazil? lol don't they know about political tensions in Brazil? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>>
>>69540104
Oh I forgot Euro 2016 and it's 100% guaranteed terrorist attacks. They just used sleeper russian agents armed with lawn chairs.
>>
>>69540150
Payet isn't muslim though.
>>
>>69540043
>what's a fart for he who already shat himself?
That is really a vulgar way of saying.
>>
>>69540104
those countries didn't have the zika virus though. if these games turn out to be a disaster the effects probably won't be felt until later. and out of all those countries Brazil definitely has the weakest infrastructure and highest crime rates.
>>
>>69541860
There's always some meme epidemy going around.
>Brazil definitely has the weakest infrastructure and highest crime rates.
But that's wrong.
>>
Anyone else kinda bored of the olympics?
>>
>>69541896
it's not a meme, babies outside brazil are now starting to be born with the defect. and the only country even remotely comparable to brazil's infrastructure was south africa.
>>
>>69542120
>even remotely comparable
Literally worse though.
>>
>>69542151
no they have about the same crime statistics and the area of brazil where rio is located is one of the more dangerous, the fact that brazil is so much larger and it still has similar crime statistics is impressive in a bad way.
>>
>>69542261
>no they have about the same crime statistics
Wrong again.
>>
>>69542318
no i'm not wrong, their homicide rate is almost exactly the same despite brazil having a population 75% as large as the united states. besides, the world cup is much easier to contain than the olympics. far fewer events, all located inside secure stadiums.
>>
>>69542402
>moving the goalposts from crime to homicide
Reminder that they literally hosted the WC 2 years ago and not a single fan got killed during the WC. The only football-related death was a 69 year old who had a heart attack during a BR penalty shoot-out.
>population
I don't think you even understand how crime rates work. Get yourself an education.
>besides, the world cup is much easier to contain than the olympics. far fewer events, all located inside secure stadiums.
But that's also wrong, as the WC is all over the country rather than one single city with a safe olympic village where all the athletes stay.
>>
>>69542510
i'm not moving the goalposts, homicide is the worst crime that could happen to you so that's what you should look at first. you're more likely to get robbed (which two athletes and one news crew already have), but that's a given as more people start arriving. and the world cup may occur in several cities but Rio itself has a very high crime rate compared to the country as a whole.
>>
>>69541904
summer games could probably miss 2 or 3 cycles before I noticed
>>
File: planilha-2-2.png (86 KB, 854x657) Image search: [Google]
planilha-2-2.png
86 KB, 854x657
>>69542747
Crime rate =/= homicide rate, even if homicide is the worst crime you changed your claim mid-argument.
As we both said there was no homicide in those events, so I'm fairly certain other crimes are at least as relevant.

>Rio itself has a very high crime rate compared to the country as a whole.
Not compared to other cities that hosted WC matches though.
>>
File: stadium_grid4.jpg (23 KB, 319x251) Image search: [Google]
stadium_grid4.jpg
23 KB, 319x251
>>69542906
>>
>>69541860
I love how you gringos are the only omes hyping up Zika. We haven't heard anything anything about it for months because, you know, it's a fucking tropical disease and we're in the middle of winter and because that shit is not as dangerous as American and Eourepean sensasionalist media makes it look.
>>
File: Brazil-Murder-rate-map.png (183 KB, 790x765) Image search: [Google]
Brazil-Murder-rate-map.png
183 KB, 790x765
>>69542906
This probably a better (if older) map as it has all murders.
>>
>>69542906
you say i changed my claim mid argument but you ignored zika when i mentioned it before because you know that it's a problem and you don't want to admit it. and homicide is the least likely crime to happen to you, i pointed it out because it has an alarmingly high frequency compared to the other countries that have recently hosted olympic games. robbery and rape is going to happen, so there's no reason to even bring it up.
>>
>>69541860
You actually have more chances of getting Zika in Florida than in Rio.
>>
>>69543052
As i said there's always some meme epidemy being hyped up in media that ends up amounting to nothing. If you watched TV before 2014 you'd know that.

>and homicide is the least likely crime to happen to you, i pointed it out because it has an alarmingly high frequency compared to the other countries that have recently hosted olympic games. robbery and rape is going to happen, so there's no reason to even bring it up.
That's the stupidest thing I've read today.
>let's talk about what for all intents and purposes doesn't happen (or at least doesn't concern the current situation) rather than what actually happens
>>
>>69543052
Oh and you still changed your claim, this doesn't change that anyway.
>>
>>69543193
but athletes are pulling out because of it, and babies are being born outside of the country with it, so it isn't just hype. even if the disease doesn't spread to epidemic levels, it has already lowered the quality of the games by removing several high profile competitors, with more to come in the next month.

robberies have already occurred, and they will only become more frequent as more people start to arrive in the country, that's a given.
>>
>>69543325
>and babies are being born outside of the country with it
No shit Sherlock.
Again, I understand you just started following the news but this kind of shit happens every other year.
The athletes pulling out is a concern, I'll give you that.
>>
File: não tão vida loka assim.jpg (41 KB, 580x217) Image search: [Google]
não tão vida loka assim.jpg
41 KB, 580x217
>hurr durr Zika
>it's winter here

Fucking hate these sensasionalist media.

Plus niggers won't get out of their favelas because if they do they'd get liberated like it went before the WC.
>>
>>69543486
i bet you 20 francs that a spectator gets killed and/or raped. we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>69543580

WC was bigger and the only deaths was an Argentinian who crashed his car and a Swede who got killed by another Swede.

Like i said in the post before, nothing will happen from Rio niggers, the worry here is IS niggers trying something. Police already arrested two suspects and they're searching for a 3rd.
>>
>You now remember when /sp/ said the 2014 WC would be a disaster
>B-BUT THE WESTERN MEDIA TOLD ME SO
>>
There's more zika in florida than in Rio.
The whole Zika shit is a huge meme
>>
>>69543779

But things are much worse than they were 2 years ago. WC is only bigger in popularity, Olympics are much more expensive and a much bigger event in terms of organisation.
>>
>>69544479
Not really. WC is nationwide and Brazil is HUGE. Olympics are one city only.
>>
>>69544479

But there were cities that were WAY more violent than Rio that hosted some games and nobody died.

I know we ain't the most suitable country for it, but all this media hype and everything is already pissing me off.
>>
>>69544479

You're an idiot.
>>
>>69540104
>mfw in europe athletic events there are terrorist attacks and huge fights between fans, and nothing happens in the rest of the world
>>
File: 1468065002259.jpg (87 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1468065002259.jpg
87 KB, 901x883
in football we can barely find enough players to make a team, we dnt even have a left back
>>
File: grafico-g1.jpg (30 KB, 620x297) Image search: [Google]
grafico-g1.jpg
30 KB, 620x297
>>69542906
Rio and Miami have similar murder rates for example.
>>69541860
>Brazil definitely has the weakest infrastructure and highest crime rates.
Neither. Plus, we are talking about Rio, not Brazil.
>>
>>69544906

>the meme that Rio = Brazil

Fucking Rede Globo.
>>
File: olympianZIONFiveLogosDecoded.jpg (49 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
olympianZIONFiveLogosDecoded.jpg
49 KB, 600x562
everything will be fine for (((them)))
>>
File: isobel-pooley04.jpg (239 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
isobel-pooley04.jpg
239 KB, 1024x1536
>>69534902
My jumpfu has pulled out with injury, I have nothing left to live for.
>>
>>69534902
this logo looks like a cock cage
>>
>>69534902
The world will not have seen anything like it.

Brazil is a toilet with well-groomed pubic hair.
>>
>>69539781
precisely this.
>>
>>69540104
copy and paste

every day

every time this thread appears

from now until the olympics begin.

and save it for the 2018 world cup in russia.
>>
>>69544962
Rio is better than Brazil as a whole in everything.
>>
>>69546295
I didn't know i would be alive to read something that retarded auehauehauehae.
You are a funny man i give you that.
>>
>>69540104

The other countries could afford it. Brazil cannot.
>>
>>69541904
Not when I have something as great as the BBC's coverage.
>>
>>69546509
It's true. Safer than average, better infrastructure and richer. Don't fall for the media meme.
>>
>>69546669
I'm from Brasilia, Rio is shit tier and your post isn't going to change anything
>>
>>69546952
>I'm from Brasilia
And since when Brasilia is good? Even in the plano piloto the city is awful. Not to mention it lacks any meaningful amenities like has aplenty.
>Rio is shit tier
Brazil is shit tier, Rio just happens to be a little less shit than the rest.
>>
>>69546952
Do you have arse implants?
>>
>>69547111
Like Rio*
Besides, you forget that Brasilia manages to be even more (much more) dangerous than Rio.
>>
>>69547124
He probably has benis implants inside his arse.
>>
>2008
>wow China? lol don't they know about political tensions in China? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2010
>wow in Africa? lol don't they know about racial tensions in RSA? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2012
>wow in Russia? lol don't they know about political tensions in Russia? What about dem poor people? Just look at all those infrastructure issues.
>2014
>2016
>>
>>69539989
My stance about everything
>>
>>69547111
>>69547126
I really enjoy seeing the delusion of the cariocas
>>
>>69547616
Post arse implants.
>>
>>69545527
The fuck is a Pyeong Chang?
>>
>>69549513

I'd expect this from an American.

Shame on you.
>>
If the French give up coming I can promise to y'all a beautiful event.
>>
>>69549880
Post arse implants.
>>
>>69549651
Yeah because I'm sure you know all about Interlaken and wouldn't dare make a joke about it.
>>
>>69549940

>implying I haven't been to Interlaken 3 times in my life
>>
>>69544906
>Rio and Miami have similar murder rates for example.

That's because Rio and Miami have similar demographics.
>>
>>69549959

that's becaue Brazilians have invaded south florida
i literally cannot go 1 city without seeing their steak houses or walking into a clothing shop and hearing obrigado bom dia (jia)
>>
>>69549947
Americans have a weird facination for Switzerland.
>>
Their disaster is our entertainment.
>>
>>69550205

you are an american micro-state
it's like all of USA in the size of a small town, it's beautiful
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.