[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the English FA prefers Big Sam to Klinsmann Hold me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: fSSh7df.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80 KB, 500x421
>the English FA prefers Big Sam to Klinsmann
Hold me
>>
>>69530509
>tfw we could have gotten Big Sam
>tfw it's not going to happen because Klinsmann loves his beach house in Malibu too much
>>
>>69534144
I think Klinsmann said during the WC2014 that he will stay until WC2018. He plans to build and make USA Team competent, I mean to make them strong, like, at least to reach quarter in 2018.
>>
>>69539080
He's done fuck all and hasnt even bothered to "revolutionize" our youth development. Plus he had us lose to shit teams like Jamemeca and guatamala so Im all for kicking him out and bringing in a tactically superior coach like Conte for Italy or Simeone for Atletico. Someone who can make us play like a team that cant be broken down easily. Fuck this Germany stronk posession poop guardiolel crap
>>
based big sam will give those overpaid pricks a kick up the arse and sort them out. that ameriboo kraut with his diving history and LA bullshit would be fucking useless.

big sam IN. gary fucking neville OUT.
>>
>>69539310

Just saying what he said man. Whether what he said is bullshit or truth is something else.
>>
>>69539310
>Im all for kicking him out and bringing in a tactically superior coach like Conte for Italy or Simeone for Atletico

lmao, why the hell would either of them want to ruin their reputations by coaching our shitty NT?

>Fuck this Germany stronk posession poop guardiolel crap

We don't play a possession-based style at all, mainly because our players can't string more than two passes together. Klinsmann routinely has us play 4-4-2 (I know it says 4-3-3 in the game previews, but that's not how the team actually plays) and sit deep, exactly the kind of thing that Simeone does with Atletico.
>>
>>69540938
Big Sam's the kind of manager who goes in and sorts out shit clubs. I want him to do the same for England
>>
Klinsmann is a snake oil merchant. All mouth and no trousers. No cunt over here wants him as we're not as blinded by sheen and presentation as the Yanks.

Big Sam isn't perfect by a long shot. But he's an honest football man and not a cringeworthy hype nonce like Klinsmann.
>>
>>69541630
>No cunt over here wants him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3664879/Jurgen-Klinsmann-pick-replace-Roy-Hodgson-favoured-Englishman-turn-foreign-coach.html
>>
>england will pick bog sim over klinsmann
>still not getting it
>>
>>69539310
>It's klinnsmanns fault that the mls's youth development setup is a complete disaster
A FUCKING DRAFT
A FUCKING SALARY CAP
>>
>>69539310
>Im all for kicking him out and bringing in a tactically superior coach like Conte for Italy or Simeone for Atletico
I'd love to see the mental gymnastics people would go through when they failed with the shit the team has to select from.
>>
>>69541594
>Sorts out shit clubs
>keeps sunderland from being relegated by 2 points
>>
File: 14661094080024.jpg (110 KB, 717x587) Image search: [Google]
14661094080024.jpg
110 KB, 717x587
>>69539310
>unironically thinking Simeone would coach the USMNT

fucking wew lad
>>
Here is the deal:

All football managers are frauds.
Player materiel determines success.
Why would clubs pay horrendous transfer fees and wages if it didn't?
Klinsmann overperformed by that measure.
He underperformed in the most important thing a manager can do though, getting all the fans behind the team.
>>
>>69541562
>>69550483
Learn to read.

>>69546989
>anything mls is bad i have no idea what im talking about xD

We already have academies with european style coaches in mls and the national team academy. It's about expanding their reach
>>
>>69550577
Our team isnt even half as bad as you think it is - i reckon you think most of our players are le MLelS so even getting out of a group stage is seen as successful. We have lots of players in the Bundesliga and a couple in some midtable Premier leagues plus upcoming talent like Pulisic and Hyndman and Carter Vickers. The problem is that the kraut keeps picking the same fuckups like Bradley, Altishit and Chris "I literally have no first touch and cant even score a goal from 5 ft out" Wondolowshit so every foreigner naturally thinks we're that bad.
>>
>>69550632
>We already have academies with european style coaches in mls

And they're shit
>>
>>69550577
>He underperformed in the most important thing a manager can do though, getting all the fans behind the team.

This isn't really a problem for him though. The fact that most Americans don't care about soccer works to his advantage because we all get hyped for international tournaments and then immediately forget about it, even if we win. So Klinsmann basically works without pressure for 10 months out of the year.
>>
>>69546989
>>69550632
and
when the last league tried the "no salary cap" thing, it died, and professional soccer in the united states died for twenty years.

i mean bill gates could buy the league and pay oil sheik wages for the next 20 years, and maybe it would become the best league in the americas. but that wouldn't magically accelerate the development of the american soccer player. all it takes is kids who become obsessed and devote their lives to practicing and playing. that's a cultural change that can't be forced or bought. that just takes time.
>>
>>69546989
We need a salary cap. There simply aren't enough mega-rich people who care about soccer to sustain the insane wages and transfer fees of a non-capped league. We saw it happen with NASL.
>>
>>69550699
The team is awful. The only American player who gets consistent minutes on a good team is Fabian Johnson, everyone else is a benchwarmer or plays for an awful team.

>Carter-Vickers
Overhyped meme who has never gotten an England callup at any level despite being born and raised in England.

>the kraut keeps picking the same fuckups like Bradley, Altishit and Wondolowski

Did Altidore even start a game at the Copa America?
>>
>reaching quarters in 2018
Nah, 2026 is when we'll have a fully competitive team that can reach for semis

2018 is way too soon
>>
>>69550864
fucking relax, our team isn't that bad
you're underrating what team chemistry can do
>>
>>69550864
No, because he was injured.
>>
>>69550790
>Klinsmann basically works without pressure for 10 months out of the year.
He gets plenty of flak online and from the american soccer media that I read.
You're probably right though, I think I fell for a meme.
>>
Back in 2006 wasn't Jogi Low doing most of the heavy lifting for the German NT? Klinnsmann was just a figurehead who periodically flew down from LA and gave motivational speeches.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.