[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He tried out for the varsity basketball team during his sophomore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Michael_Jordan_in_2014.jpg (110 KB, 396x496) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Jordan_in_2014.jpg
110 KB, 396x496
>He tried out for the varsity basketball team during his sophomore year, but at 5'11" (1.80 m), he was deemed too short to play at that level. His taller friend, Harvest Leroy Smith, was the only sophomore to make the team.[10]

>Motivated to prove his worth, Jordan became the star of Laney's junior varsity squad, and tallied several 40-point games.[10] The following summer, he grew four inches (10 cm)[4] and trained rigorously. Upon earning a spot on the varsity roster, Jordan averaged about 20 points per game over his final two seasons of high school play.

Why didn't you work hard to become a sports star? Too fat and lazy?
>>
>>69524139
>The following summer, he grew four inches (10 cm) and trained rigorously

If I grew from 5'11" to 6'3" in a single summer, maybe I would have been a bit more motivated.
>>
Do you think it's literally a will thing that you grow that tall?

For every Jordan that grew 4 inches in a summer, are there 1000 Jordans that didn't grow at all? Or that working hard and playing basketball actually made him grow? Something to think about, I guess.
>>
so he grew 18 cm in a couple of years? did the US army use him as an experiment for their super soldier drugs?
>>
No matter how hard I trained, I could never reach even 1.8m in height :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
because I tore my rotator cuff, acl, and mcl wew
>>
>grow 4 inches one summer
>played baseball for some time where they gave fuck all about HGH
Makes you think.
>>
Imagine if he stayed manlet, Zeke would humiliate him even more lol
>>
>>69524226
>couple of years
he grew it in 3-4 months/ 1 summer
>>
>>69524299
that was 10 cm, but even after that he had to grow more 8 cm to reach his final height (1.98 m)
>>
File: 1468166762746.jpg (14 KB, 338x273) Image search: [Google]
1468166762746.jpg
14 KB, 338x273
I made it on the varsity basketball team in college at 5'6", but a car accident destroyed my right leg. My knee has never been the same for 3 years now. Everyday I want to die. I'm posting frogs on a sports board for crying out loud. It was my dream to be in the NBA.
>>
I was 5 feet tall when i started high school. In a single year i grew a foot. The leg cramps were unbearable, i wanted to die.

Still shit at basketball because im white.
>>
Wow can you imagine if he was stuck at just under 6 ft the rest of his life
>>
>>69524200
As a child I was always like 5 inches taller than everyone. Like I was 4'11 in first grade. My height evened out in high school and I stopped growing at 6'3. I used to use my size to my advantage in basketball but couldn't when I joined JV. I'm literally a failed Jordan.
>>
>>69524226
this happened to me. i got stretch marks in my back and knees for growing too fast. i'm 6,3 now
>>
File: david-robinson[1].jpg (263 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
david-robinson[1].jpg
263 KB, 600x400
>David Robinson was 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.

See young manlets, theres still hope.
>>
>>69524516
at least now you can work on your driving
>>
>>69524139
I played Left Guard in college. Knew I was never going to make it in the NFL though
>>
>>69524700
no, since he probably used HGH to get that tall
>>
I was more interested in music than sports
>>
>>69524139
Jordan was good before that, but he was an annoying arrogant prick who must have irked the coach.

Jordan wasn't magically great who just joined jv to drop 40 ever so often. He has personality problems.

Reminder: MJ got his dad killed.
>>
>>69524275
Damn son how's walking now?
>>
>you will never grow 4 inches on your dick just for jerking off all Summer
>>
Any 404 bros in here? Every time I read the varsity I can't help thinking about those amazing chili hot dogs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.