[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if the trade never happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
What if the trade never happened?
>>
Loving this thread.
>>
Da Land has a ring, so I don't really give a shit.
>>
Cleveland would have a future perennial all-star instead of an expensive waste of space. What a joke that franchise is
>>
It was a good long term move for both teams. Both teams improved in the way they wanted to. Wiggins didn't belong on a team of stars in their prime trying to win titles, and Love didn't belong on a team of rookies developing for the future.
>>
Probably would have won the year Golden State won as well.
>>
too bad LeBron blew a chance at mentoring him, and wasn't really thinking about the future of his team and city. But instead, caring more about how many rings he has.
a truly selfish player and human being
>>
I think the Cavs could have gotten a better return, but if LeBron specifically wanted Love then that was probably the end of the story.
>>
File: Curry completely shut down.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Curry completely shut down.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>69526400
This is the only correct answer.
>>
>>69526400
This. Wiggins wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now if he was still in Cleveland.

>>69526751
LeBron specifically wanted Love. That's why he was so frustrated that it wasn't working out at first.
>>
The Cavs would have two rings
>>
>>69526918
>correct answer

It doesn't even address the question, dipshit
>>
>>69526043
>Wiggins
>perennial all-star

Kek
this nigga is fake af
KAT is the real deal
>>
>>69532681
The question is pointless, numbnuts
>>
I saw a video of Wiggins early working on his post/pull up and it looked clean. He's a nice fit for any team really. All around athletic scorer. If he stayed in Cleveland it's hard to say how much it would have changed the outcome. Kevin Love is a good player and definitely brought something to the team. Didn't score much in the finals but like that video above shows he did play some clutch defense and that's what mattered at the time.
>>
Threads like this make me yearn for the /sp/ of old where we could have legitimate basketball discussion based on a specific topic instead of tripfags spouting stupid shit like "--- fans will never recover" and "roe we outchea" in the /nba/ general
>>
>>69526043
They already have Jordan Mcrae
>>
>>69535152

>tfw other countries finally get it right about basketball

Love didn't help much but Wiggins wasn't ready for the finals yet either
>>
The Cavs team was a team designed for ring chasers so it had to win now. Lebron wasn't sure exactly how many years he had left so they had to remove any unknown elements from the team. Hence why they ousted Blatt so quickly (He was too weird with his kike behavior and wasn't a former player).

If you win a championship that's all that matters in the end. Cavs aren't trying to build a dynasty, just end a drought and be remembered forever in their city and state.
>>
>>69518944
no title
>>
>>69518944
LeBron would have still won one for Da Land. In Minny however, we'd still be a year away from being a year away. We wouldn't have been as bad as we were Wiggins first year, which means no KAT. Love would have left and we'd have probably picked somewhere between 3 and 6 this past draft (we NEVER move up in the lottery, we almost always move down when due a high pick, KAT was the exception). So we would have been left with trying to build a team around Rubio, Lavine and whoever our draft pick would be instead of Based KAT, Wiggy, with Rubio, Lavine and Dunn playing secondary roles. And I'm pretty sure Thibs wouldn't have wanted the job (or any decent coach). So short term the Cavs won, but long term???? When LeBron retires/leaves/shows his age can that team compete for a chip? They'll make the playoffs but with a maxed out payroll it'll be very tough to add a new star. Their window is now, ours will be in 2-3 years.
>>
>>69535363
With Jews you lose
>>
>>69535351
Love's offense didn't really factor but he played great defense and was great for rebounds.
>>
Wiggins is shit
>>
Wiggins is a dogshit player with a bad me-first attitude that wouldn't sit well with Lebron, there can be only one alpha in the lockerroom.

>b-but he has okay stats in Minneshita!

And Kevin Love had GODLIKE stats there, that sometimes happens when you're the only option on a trash team.
>>
>>69535332
I went into the /nba/ generals a few times before. I feel bad for you guys. /mlb/ general is shit but it's nowhere near as bad as the /nba/ general.
>>
>>69535363
Actually Lebron wasn't the one who got Blatt fired and I'm tired of people constantly posting this shit. It was the other way around, he actually got fired because he had no control over the team and let Lebron do pretty much anything, Blatt was the ultimate beta cuckold.
>>
>>69536050
>Wiggins
>Only option in Minnesota

He's their second option in a young team that is pretty stacked for the future.
>>
>>69536104
>ultimate beta cuckold.

jesus christ stop posting this shit
>>
>>69536207
Are you triggered by the meme lingo or are you arguing it's not true? Lebron outright ignored his gameplan and played whatever the fuck he wanted. Look at the Chicago game in the playoffs where Blatt drew up some complex last second play, Lebron said "fuck you" and just chucked his game winning three despite what the coach wanted.
>>
>>69536231
the stupid fucking meme

calling him effete would have accomplished the same thing
>>
>>69536287
Honestly I don't think this 4chan thing is really for you if you get triggered by the word cuck.
>>
Cavs would get 2-3 more rings with Wiggins

retarded fuckin trade
>>
>>69536494
I disagree
>>
>>69536464
bro I've been on 4chan longer than you

cuckposting is the worst thing to happen to 4chan ever. The type of people that used to post stupid shit like this got run off by the angry mob to some shithole like 420chan or 7chan, now it's embraced.
>>
>>69536524
Have you? I mean it's possible but I've been here since 2007 which isn't exactly a year ago when cuckposting started.
>>
>>69536542

and cuckposting as we know it today certainly did not start in 2007, more like 2014/2015
>>
>>69536573
That's what I said, it started a year ago when /pol/ discovered some bitch cucked moot.
>>
>>69536231

ONE FOR DA LAND
>>
Wolves got way more in the trade than they should have. Love had already informed them that he would opt out and didn't want to be in MN anymore.

Credit Flip (RIP) for crushing the trade given the circumstances. Wiggins is an athletic volume scorer that can average 20 PPG consistently and is a perfect second option. He and KAT are gonna be a hell of a 1-2 punch.

Love was a stat stuffer in MN that is best suited for his current role as a #3 guy. So while both teams won, credit Minny for getting way more than they should've for a player leaving in a year who didn't want to be there.
>>
>>69536573
2006 represent

Everyone starts on b right
>>
>>69526918
I just love how he gets the ball back again kek
>>
>>69518944
Wasn't that a trade Bron asked for before he even signed there?
I'm guessing the answer is "Lebron doesn't come back and no champions hip for da land".
>>
>>69537302
>a fucking leaf

Btw, I started at 09' and this is the worst that 4chan has ever been. Not because of the insensitive assholes (which is what makes this place feel like home), but because of the introduction of unfunny memes and repetitive quotes.

P.S: The game
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.