[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did baseball disappear from American pop culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: angry liz.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
angry liz.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
The average American probably couldn't name 5 active MLB players. I turned on the home run derby yesterday and didn't recognize anybody except for Stanton. What the hell happened?
>>
>>69508839
Lots of big name players don't do the Derby because it's a pointless injury risk
>>
>Why do people stop about a boring game that is only fun when you are drunk?
>>
Too many spics
>>
>>69508882
>I have pleb taste: the post
>>
File: 1467056221443.jpg (42 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
1467056221443.jpg
42 KB, 620x430
>>69508882

>average mlb game takes 3 hours

i don't think that shit stays fun for so long, even when you're drunk
>>
>>69508870
it can mess up your swing mechanics as well
>>
>>69508893
So you say that enjoying baseball is a niche thing?
I used to think that baseball was real big and you know...stadium filled with plebeians
>>
>>69509025
It's not a niche thing at all, I don't know what the other guy is talking about. It's still the 2nd-most popular sport if you look at polls, attendance, and revenue, but it has no presence in popular culture whatsoever. Nobody talks about the games at work, nobody talks about which player is best, you don't see many players doing big endorsements...it's weird, because baseball had a strong presence in pop culture about a decade ago but now it's gone.
>>
They finally realised it was a shit-tier sport.
>>
>>69508920
Drunk AND high then?
>>
It's really shit. Baseball is the only sport I can't bring myself to watch
>>
Sport got expensive. Prominent tv coverage was scrapped. Internet came and took peoples attention elsewhere. Kids don't go outside to play anymore. Well, they do, but I mean really go outside like in the old days (e.g. The Sandlot).
>>
>>69508839

Basketball-Americans happened.
>>
>>69508839
The strike in 1994 basically killed the sport.
>>
MOOOOOM WHY AREN'T THERE SWAG BLACK PLAYERS ON TV?
>>
>>69509770
Baseball is fun to play, plenty still do
Watching that borefest is another matter
>>
>>69509775
They're only like 10% of the population
>>
Are ANY sports players superstars anymore? You might be able to say that some NBA players are, but around August or September there won't be any mention of them until the end of next year's season. What >>69509770 said is true, but it applies to every sport in the USA.
>>
>>69508839
>didn't recognize anyone except for Stanton

That's because you're a casual faggot
>>
>>69511788

>unknowingly giving weight to OPs argument

baseball is easily the worst sport out of our major 4
>>
The only reason baseball stays relevant is because it runs unopposed from the end of the NHL/NBA finals to the start of NFL preseason.
>>
>>69509674
>Nobody talks about the games at work

Completely depends upon where you live.
A lot of casuals know what's going on in the sport in the northeast.
>>
>>69509775
Their population as a percentage of the total has declined significantly from the 1950s, when baseball was at its peak.

>>69510419
>Are ANY sports players superstars anymore?

Lebron, Kobe, Brady, Curry, arguably still Jeter
>>
>people don't care about Autism: The Sport

It's a minor miracle that it was popular at all.
>>
>>69508839
Because (((they))) hate baseball.

You're literally shamed if you like baseball. That's why that manlet Chris Rock made that video crying about how he didn't picked for the team in school and how it's raciss
>>
>>69511808
Just because you don't like it or don't know anyone doesn't mean jack shit

I'm so sick of this generations faggot me me me self centered universe

OH I DONT LIKE THIS THING SO EVERYONE DOESNT

you fucking retards
>>
Baseball was built for radio
It survived the TV
It survived the computer
It will coexist with the smartphone

Case and point, how many people are on their phones at games.
>>
>>69511837
It's still extremely popular here (and in Japan, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, etc.). The attendance per game is right up there with the NFL and the Bundesliga, and the total annual attendance blows every other sports league in the world out of the water. But for some reason it's invisible in pop culture.
>>
>>69510419
Tom Brady
>>
>>69509961
why is that? I've heard this cited before.

I dislike baseball as well. It's simply boring desu.
>>
>>69511837
>there's always one croatian in these hate on baseball threads

I don't typically accuse of samefagging but you're a faggot
>>
>>69508839
lots of things, nothing overnight. The most significant was certainly the invention and popularization of the television in America
>>
>>69511873
This is the first time i'm posting in a baseball thread, and I have my reasons to be butthurt about baseball. There is one Croatian kid that goes into all American threads and shits around like it's a street in India, maybe that's him.

>>69511864
Still that fucking packed? God damn it.
Maybe people ran out of ideas about it.
>>
>>69511872
Baseball is built on >muh passion and >muh tradition in a way that no other sport in America is. It's very similar to how Europeans feel about soccer. So all the players going on strike for an entire year and the World Series being cancelled for the first time since 1904 seriously reduced interest in the game for many fans.

It also ended Michael Jordan's short baseball career. He promptly went back to basketball, helping to make the NBA an actual competitor to MLB instead of the NHL-tier league it was before.
>>
Long time all around sports fan here, I've stopped watching practically everything else since I realized baseball is literally the perfect game.

Testament to how far your country has sunk that obesitycollide has taken over as your main sport. Baseball was life, baseball was war, baseball was every day and it was where real stories and real legends were made.

now you guys just get together with literally every single casual your gifted marketing talent has reached out to to watch three hours of commercials. seriously how can you even stand watching every one of your 16 (LMAO) games with your casual alcoholic sister.

Worry not ameribros, handegg will concussion itself out of existence in your lifetime and baseball will become the great American sport again
>>
>>69511920
>and I have my reasons to be butthurt about baseball

Would you mind sharing? I'm not the guy you replied to, but I'm really curious about why a Croatian would have anything against baseball at all. Shouldn't it be completely irrelevant for you, the way that cricket and rugbee are for us?
>>
Attention spans got smaller and so did sports requiring such spans.

Friendly reminder that the US' decline as a country almost marks for for dot the decline of baseball as the most popular sport here
>>
there are too many games. 162 in just the regular season waters down interest significantly. It makes games far less interesting when they almost literally don't matter when there's going to be playoffs anyway. The world series is the only thing remotely interesting these days and even the NFL draft gets more viewers.
>>
>>69508839
Would Liz be a fan of the Dodgers, the Giants, or the Yankees?
>>
>>69511864
because your corporations are pretty invested in the NFL being THE american sport now

Maybe it's different in kids stories. I never played a game of baseball in my life but all the stories I read as a kid has them playing baseball (aside from those divine Canadian books they rammed down our throats at every opportunity)
>>
>>69511938

Can you explain to me why in your view baseball is literally the perfect game?
>>
Most of the household names of the 90s being exposed as roiders probably didn't help. I didn't follow baseball at all as a kid, but I still knew who McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, A-Rod were. We all know what happened next there.

Also gotta think baseball players are harder to market than football/basketball players. How often do you even see Trout or Harper on TV shilling for something? They're on offense for 1/9 of the airtime and only shown on defense when they're involved in the play. Any star pitcher only starts ~1/5 of the time. Meanwhile Brady and Newton and James and Curry are the most important guy on the TV for at least half the game. The overall shifts in media don't help the sport at all imo
>>
>>69508839

Because literally only old white men care about boreball and guess what, old white men are dying by the second. People will throw around muh tv revenues but it doesn't matter because in 15 years with no new fans the sport is going to be dead.
>>
Only fatherless cucks that had nobody to play catch with hate baseball
>>
1. Baseball is slow as shit.
The prevalence of the internet and subsequently Myspace and Facebook have given people something to occupy their brain 24/7.
"There's nothing to do ALL DAY. let's pass 6 hours by watching basebore" is no longer a thing that's said.
2. Unwillingness to evolve.
Things are constantly changing. There is an awful amount of horse shit in pro sports. All of them. But the NFL is constantly changing rules to keep things evolving and fresh. Whether it be for player safety or to add excitement.
Basebore is still stuck in 1910.
M-muh tradition. M-muh history
3. Baseball highlights show exactly how pathetic the sport is. It's squirrels running around on the field. It's people stacking 50 cups in the stands and running around like fuckheads. It's people who broke their phone catching a foul ball. Literally nothing that has to do with the sport itself.
4. Baseball discussion shows exactly how pathetic the sport is. It's talking about how "beautiful" a fucking field is instead of actually talking about the sport. Because the sport is boring and irrelevant. It's the opposite of exciting or engaging for discussion. Discussion is right up the alley of old crusty morons who say "they just wanted it more" because that's the only thing they can make apply to basebore
5. No rivals. The Yankees and Red Sox are not rivals. They were rivals 100 years ago. See: m-muh history. There is no anger. There is no hate. Nothing pops off the screen. Only a moron would think they're "rivals" simply because E!SPN is telling you "b-buh they're rivals i swear!" If you took away the names of the teams there would be no indication of a rivalry to measure. Because there isn't one.
6. Devoid of personality. Bryce Harper literally has a fucking hairstyle and old crusty retards get butthurt. A guy flips a fucking bat and has the slightest of smirks on his face after a home run and he's "disrespectful" and pitchers decide to throw at his head.

Comment too long. Basebore is pathetic
>>
>>69511922
MLB is twice as big as NBA. The NBA is 30% bigger than the NHL
>>
>>69508839
>>69509025
Seriously this is what you get at a bball game of a major bball club.

>enter stadium before first pitch, everyone is out getting food, stadium is empty
>third inning, people are still coming in
>fourh inning, stadium mostly full, people are chatting about meaningless things, and occasionally clapping when something happens
>sixth inning people are leaving since home team is behind
>seventh inning, larger break, everyone goes out to eat, or home in case home team is behind
>two fans are making fun of opposing reliever worming up
>eight to nine inning, stadium almost completely empty and birds are circling in for the loot
>>
>>69512082
I am /sp/'s puppet and treat shitposts as fact: the post

Your "no rivalry/hate" comment is probably the most retarded of all. Baseball has more brawls than any sport but hockey, and probably would have more than hockey if they were allowed like in hockey.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (38 KB, 720x621) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
38 KB, 720x621
>>69511968
It's a long, painful and boring story.

I was a breddy gud player when I was a kid. Even got scouted once when I was 16.

Since we didn't have a minors league, and Croatian league is pretty shit, I played with senior players. And in that same season I fucked my knee up really bad when sliding into base. 14 months out bad.

Meanwhile the local team I played in got cucked and turned into a softball team only, and I didn't have luck into making it into any other team.

When I finally did, coach there was a huge dick, I rarely played, got injured again and gave up on it.

And every fucking time I see anything baseball related I remember how much fun I had playing as a kid, and that it was the only thing I was actually good at, how nothing ever came out of that, and how it might have been.
>>
>>69512135
They're not really allowed in hockey. Moreso tolerated.
>>
>>69512151
Damn, kinda amazed you played in Croatia at all. I guess the world is getting more pluralistic.
>>
>>69512151
Sounds like a man who's bitter at his ex-girlfriend because she became better than him after the breakup
>>
>>69512151
If it makes you feel any better, you probably never would have made it anyway. The only Europeans in the majors are Italians, Germans, or Brits with dual citizenship (usually with an American dad in the military).
>>
>>69511859

u mad?
>>
>>69512252
I was happy when Alessandro Liddi made it. I guess he's just a farmhand these days.
>>
>>69511837

based croatia

not every baseball fan is an unathletic autistic nerd, but every unathletic autistic nerd loves baseball

just like drug dealers and pitbulls
>>
It's not really a sport. It's more of a game.

Scripted 1v1 encounters and archaic gameplay dynamics are what doomed baseball. There's no creativity, improvisation or team chemistry required.

It's had a good run but just let it die.
>>
>>69512151
Seems like kind of a silly thing to get mad about. Less than one tenth of one percent of the kids who play baseball ever even make it to the minors, let alone the majors. Even if you grew up playing in South Florida with access to the top-tier coaches and facilities, you still probably wouldn't have made it past the high school level.
>>
>>69511938

>I never played football and have zero grasp of its intricacies
>a leaf

whatever you say bro. hockey is based though.
>>
>>69512280
>not every baseball fan is an unathletic autistic nerd, but every unathletic autistic nerd loves baseball
>just like drug dealers and pitbulls

Nah, the majority of unathletic autistic nerds who like sports like basketball predominantly, in my experience. Just like drug dealers who own pit bulls.
>>
>>69512338

whites go for baseball and minorities go for basketball
>>
>>69512356
Not always. Cubans, Venezuelans, Dominicans, and Puerto Ricans all prefer baseball.
>>
>>69512199
We've had baseball since 80's, american football since 2010. No one watches it tho, it's niche as fuck.

>>69512216
I know, manchildish of me, but can't fucking help it.

>>69512252
>>69512307
I know that, I wouldn't made it to America, but there are places in Europe like Germany or Netherlands where I could have made it.
>>
>>69508839

I forget, what was the importance of the bird vs birdcage necklace choice at the beginning of Bioshock Infinity? Did it affect anything?
>>
>>69512386
im cuban and puerto rican and i prefer american football or soccer. baseball isnt that popular among us unless you actually played it. its a dying sport as far as spectators go here
>>
> The attendance per game is right up there with the NFL and the Bundesliga, and the total annual attendance blows every other sports league in the world out of the water.

A. Total numbers are so high because you have so many games. 162 games per year, 80 home games, so even 10k is enough to get total numbers really high
B. They lie about attendance. It looks good for the press and even for ticket sales, if you tout that you are 'sold out', or even so they pass the blackout. In fact they count season holders that don't come to matches, sponsorhip tickets that don't come to matches, and even regular sold tickets aren't sold. I mean it's the same as Maverics running sold out record, and then them playing in half empty stadium.
C. There is huge disparity in attendance and revenue, AAA farm teams of big franchises make more money than the quarter of MLB teams, and they're not exactly swimming in cash ether. About the bottom half of the MLB would straight out collapse if it wasn't for revenue sharing and tv rights.
>>
>>69512003
Firstly, it's a sort of game-within-a-game, with the results of the timeless pitcher vs batter duel impacting different areas of the overall game, adding a unique dimension to the sport.

Second is the process of segmented scoring. In baseball, a player is isolated in turn and given the opportunity to score, or more likely, build up a better opportunity to score by first accomplishing a smaller (and ultimately, insignificant at the final accounting) objective. Thus in baseball, we can directly quantify the mini-goals a player might help his team with, along with being able to acutely judge the difference between players, as they are all required to perform in relatively the same situation.

Third is the relentless grinding nature of baseball. Anyone that doesn't want to be able to watch their team play practically every fucking day is a fucking casual, it's objectively the best schedule for a sports fan. It also makes baseball great because you get relatively massive sample sizes for stats, and players are not judged for having done some great bits of action on big nights but on consistently proving their precise skills over crazy amounts of games

I can go on for a while
>>
>>69512452
>even so they pass the blackout

there is no blackout in MLB
>>
The baseball federation should try to market their sport in cricketing nations.
>>
>>69512082
>Devoid of personality. Bryce Harper literally has a fucking hairstyle and old crusty retards get butthurt. A guy flips a fucking bat and has the slightest of smirks on his face after a home run and he's "disrespectful" and pitchers decide to throw at his head.
this desu
>>
>>69512495
When I was in India, I watched Cricket cause it was the next best thing. Also, at least Australia has active players in the major leagues.
>>
>>69508839
>highest attendance
>really high salaries
seems to be doing ok
>>
>>69512495
They tried. But then they were all like "fuck it" & did more shit in Japan.
>>
>>69512580
>only watched by 60+ demographic

it's really not
>>
>>69512580
>doing ok
>2014 NFL draft
>6.8 rating
>2013 MLB playoffs
>Highest rated game was game 6 of the world series
>5.5 rating
>Non-competitive football event outdraws a baseball championship game
>doing ok
>doing ok
>doing ok
this is why baseball is disappearing.
>>
>>69508839
I like to think of baseball like turn based JRPGs. Still fun, just an older slower form of combat.
>>
>>69512779
To be fair, every American sport is doing poorly compared to American football.
>>
>>69512477

>I'm autistic

ah k got it now
>>
>>69512580
Baseball is clearly thriving if you look at attendance and revenue. But tv ratings are pathetic compared to football and even basketball, and it's definitely fallen behind those two sports in terms of cultural relevance.
>>
>>69512495
that's literally the dumbest idea i've ever heard

why would they try and market their bat and ball game in countries that already have an established bat and ball game? it has about as much chance of succeeding as cricket in America
>>
>>69512428
>baseball isnt that popular among us unless you actually played it.

I guess we just had really different experiences then. I'm Cuban and everyone in my family cares about it more than other sports. Same goes for all the Cuban and Venezuelan kids I knew, everyone played and watched baseball.
>>
File: 1466739996392.gif (2 MB, 299x264) Image search: [Google]
1466739996392.gif
2 MB, 299x264
It seems (from a filthy sudaca point of view) that the NBA gets a lot more exposure on movies and shit, next to the NFL and the MLB is next to nonexistant
>>
>>69509674
It is not the second most popular sport.
>>
>>69512954
Pajeet clearly hasn't had his morning shit yet, go easy on him m8
>>
File: Elizabeth.png (1 MB, 1580x1053) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth.png
1 MB, 1580x1053
>>69512421
There's no real change, but it's kind of an inside joke/reference. Most people would associate the bird with freedom/goodness and the cage with imprisonment/evil on their first playthrough, but if you know how the whole story goes it's actually the opposite.
>>
>>69512982
I was just basing it off of this poll

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/01/28/Research-and-Ratings/Harris-Poll.aspx

Football: 42%
Baseball: 16%
Basketball: 9%

It really shows how dominant football is, because they separate pro football from college football and college ball is almost the 2nd-most popular sport on its own.
>>
>>69511853
baseball is the only sport (((they))) are good. If anything (((they))) love it
>>
It's still popular, I don't know where the hell you all live. It's a more regionalized game than ever before (which is fucking crazy seeing how the average fan is exposed to way more games and clips nowadays). Everyone in the DMV area knows who Bryce Harper is. I'm sure everyone in the Northeast knows who Pedroia and David Ortiz are, and I'm sure even in dead-as-fuck Miami everyone knows who Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez is.I can't comment on knowing 5 players because I don't know what the average American remembers.
>>
It's a fun summer thing to do go to the ballpark drink some reebs eat some peanuts and cracker jacks good time bring a gun though you could get shot
>>
>>69512484
>srsly
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/faq_blackout.jsp
>>
>>69508839
You're a pleb if you don't know Cano, Frazier, or Trumbo
>>
>>69511980
>>69511980
>>69511980
>>69511980

Could not agree more.
>>
>>69513293
ok, there IS a blackout, but its not based on attendance like in the NFL
>>
>>69513338
>>69513293
>Americans being lectured on their own sport by a Slovakian

American education truly is a parody now
>>
>>69511922
MJ was garbage at baseball
He was attended spring training and was on a minor team
>>
>>69511980
This
>>
>>69511980
>attention spans got smaller
Underrated post
>>
>>69512288
This.

There's no fluidity to it.
>>
>>69508839
>can't name 5 players
>generalize the public using yourself as the public mindset
>>
>>69512288
I really think baseball is going to die as a sport once the baby boomers who grew up with the sport as their #1 sport die.

When did football surpass baseball as the nation's #1 sport, like the early 80s?

I think that probably in 2020s when the boomers die is when baseball dies. Only another decade of this shit.
>>
>>69509674
>baseball had a strong presence in pop culture about a decade ago but now it's gone.
Steroids tainted the game so people don't actively care anymore.
>>
>>69508882
Yet soccer is still a thing...
>>
>>69512082
>The Yankees and Red Sox are not rivals

When did you become this disconnected from reality?
>>
>>69511864
>total annual attendance blows every other sports league in the world out of the water.
Gee that certainly has nothing to do with every team playing about 1000 games a season
>>
>>69512911
Don't worry kid, some day you'll be able to join the big boy discussion.
>>
>>69508839
Baseball is about the team, other popular sports are about the individual.

Sports coverage outside of the NFL has just turned into TMZ celeb worship. I guarantee most casuals don't know shit about the NBA outside of the Cavs and Warriors.
>>
>baseball
>relevant

I'll give it credit where it's due, in countries like Taiwan and Japan it's still relevant, Taiwanfags are being forcefed this shit doe, baseball everywhere.
>>
>>69518077
unlike before?

> boreball out
>>
>>69509775

Is it just my limited view of american pop culture but are blacks the new rulers of america? If it's not aimed at blacks americans don't want to fucking know about it. That's what your adverts indicate.
>>
Baseball is gay.
>>
File: 1042787.jpg (104 KB, 400x411) Image search: [Google]
1042787.jpg
104 KB, 400x411
>le baseball is dead meme
>>
>muh baseball isn't relevant argument
>>
File: cage.jpg (91 KB, 465x719) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
91 KB, 465x719
>>69525007
>>69525031
OP isn't saying that baseball is dead, only that it's vanished from pop culture. Basketball is far more relevant despite having fewer fans and lower league revenue. Why is that?
>>
>>69525106
I honestly don't know, it kinda felt forced into pop culture to start with. Watch any movie from the fucking 30s up to mid 80s and all they always talk about is baseball, then from the 90s onwards it's football.
>>
>>69512288
>Scripted 1v1 encounters and archaic gameplay dynamics are what doomed baseball. There's no creativity, improvisation or team chemistry required.

Basketball, soccer, and American football also have much worse game design.

>muh improvisation

So your beaner brain only cares about improvisation that looks flashy on the television screen?

I don't think you know how much improvisation goes on during the batter vs pitcher matchup.

But it's not Lebron improvising with travel to get into the lane, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>69525172
The problem is that you can't see/understand the improvisation unless you understand the game already. It makes it hard for new fans to get interested.
>>
>>69509025
Yes and no. For more than 100 years, baseball was the go-to sport for plebs. Then after they introduced sabermetrics and other Asperger shit for player evaluation it naturally attracted absolute autists.
>>
>>69525106

Basketball is not really relevant outside of when Lebron James, Curry, and formerly Kobe were playing.

See the ratings for the NBA Finals, and how they crashed the following year after Jordan retired. And basketball seemed to completely disappear from pop culture overnight when MJ was gone.

Even the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe really couldn't pop the ratings back up to MJ levels.

We would really see just comparatively marginalized basketball is to baseball if Lebron or Curry didn't make it to the Finals. See Detroit vs. San Antonio for evidence.

Basketball isn't relevant in US pop culture. Lebron is.

I say this as a basketball fan. But most Americans really couldn't name a player outside of 5 or so, and don't really follow the sport "unless Lebron's playing."
>>
>>69525371
This. That's why basketball is so DESPERATE to promote one player and hype him into oblivion. People call Curry and Lebron manufactured superstars but it really started with Jordan.
>>
>>69525371
So it STILL hasn't even surpassed the ratings during Jordan's first title? That's incredible. Has one player ever elevated an entire sport like that?
>>
>>69525299

You're right on this point.

The common act of jogging down a fly ball is more difficult to perform than a crossover dribble, but the latter is "highlight worthy" because it's more visually exciting.

Someone will greentext that, but I played both sports, and tracking a small, white object 10 stories high in the air launching from a distance 300 feet away that is constantly changing direction (subtly) is harder to do than dribbling the ball from your strong to off hand quickly.
>>
>>69508839
peoples realised it was a pretty boring sport
with not much happening most of the time , so peoples more and more turn toward sports where shit happen
>>
>>69525401
>Has one player ever elevated an entire sport like that?

Maybe Ruth in the golden age of baseball?
>>
>>69509674
Everyone talks about baseball in the #the6ix
>>
>>69525463
Baseball was already extremely popular even before Ruth. I'd say Jack Dempsey, Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis really elevated boxing.
>>
Baseball is popular in NYC, Boston, LA and Chicago

who gives a fuck about the rest of the country?
>>
>>69525371

To help prove your point, try to think of any three basketball movies. I'm almost certain at least two of them were made in the mid-90s.
>>
>>69509674
It's because it's extremely team and depth oriented, one superstar can only do so much. Kershaw might be the best pitcher in the world but even that doesn't amount to much if he plays only every 5th game and not even a full game at that.

Meanwhile if you have someone like Aaron Rodgers in football or Lebron in basketball it can elevate a crap team into a title contender instantly.
>>
>>69525452
>with not much happening most of the time

Baseball actually has more happening in it than other sports.

There's about 300 pitches per game in an MLB game, and each one is important.

There's just not constant "running and jumping" which people seem to define as action these days.
>>
>>69508839
Ayo hol up!! Where da slam dunks tho nigga!!? XD

These square crackas be lame an sheeit nawmean famm!!? Smh
>>
>>69525371
This. How many casuals can name any current player other than Lebron and Curry?
>>
>>69525512
Baseball is also popular in California
>>
>>69525512
NYC, Boston, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, Miami (not Marlins per se but the Cubans in Miami LOVE baseball), St. Louis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, it's popular pretty much everywhere other than the literal who states like Montana or whatever.
>>
>>69509674
>It's still the 2nd-most popular sport if you look at polls, attendance, and revenue,

It's had a boost in attendance over the last few years, but not popularity for one reason:

Baby Boomers are retiring.

Seriously, there have been articles about it. Baseball attendances are up only because baseball-loving Boomers have more free time to go to more of the many many home games. Popularity amongst young people continues to drop.
>>
>>69525172
>le epic lebron traveling in the lane meme
>someone who doesn't know shit about basketball arguing with someone who doesn't know shit about baseball

/sp/ in a nutshell basically.
>>
>>69525639
People retire every generation though

Might be true to a certain extent though, this is probably why you see some gay attempts to appeal to swag faggot millennials creeping into broadcasts
>>
File: Chart-4.jpg (85 KB, 617x408) Image search: [Google]
Chart-4.jpg
85 KB, 617x408
>>69525639

Too bad the frequent attender statistics prove you wrong.

And what's with this retarded idea that baseball is a "boomer sport?"

They're the demographic who made football into the relevant monster it is today, and the average age of the typical NFL and MLB is 49 and 53.

You also assume that the taste of young people will remain static. Young kids switch favorite sports by the month.

But among the 18-34, baseball is still very strong.
>>
>>69525761
He didn't say anything that wasn't true though, while you contributed nothing except acting like a condescending faggot lmao
>>
The game doesn't let you jam as many commercials into it like football or basketball.
>>
It's a sport where you wear a fucking belt with pants.
>>
>>69525847
It doesn't let me watch da whyte wimminz dancing either
>>
>>69512954
Don't you guys play both down there?
>>
>>69508839
It's still alive and well where I live. Our community baseball league has like 10 teams for both boys and girls from 5yrs old all the way to high school. Saturdays are fucking packed and it's been like this since I was a little kid. My son has played for the last 4yrs now and he loves playing more than the football, basketball and soccer leagues he plays in.
>>
>>69525609
>Miami (not Marlins per se but the Cubans in Miami LOVE baseball)

We like the Yankees more than we like the Marlins though lol
>>
File: 1458687503898.png (64 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1458687503898.png
64 KB, 396x400
>>69512082
Lol ur a fag and your shit's all retarded
>>
>>69525371

Well while it didn't hit Bulls numbers, this years game 7 hit 31.02 million.

Also keep in mind that this is an age where there are many more options for entertainment on demand and not limited to OTA programming.
>>
File: 166858.jpg (19 KB, 210x295) Image search: [Google]
166858.jpg
19 KB, 210x295
Fox is intent on ruining Baseball for everyone with this shitty television series about a female pitcher that will never, ever, and quote me on this, EVER happen in reality.

I understand people want to belong, and think everyone can do everything, but this is getting to the top of ridiculousness. Someone needs to put a stop to it and bring some common sense back to Sports and Sports coverage. Unfortunately it's going to have to be a woman to stand up and say "Yea you know this won't happen" and lay out exactly why because men, and this include Major League ballplayers, are too weak and effeminate to say anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4684x3456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4684x3456
>>69525971
Yes, these playoffs were lovely weren't they. Two teams coming back from down 3-1 in back to back series with no help at all. Completely on their own merits. No interference or inconsistency. Just objective rule enforcement and punishments. Definitely the best sport. Get your $379 Currys or LeBrons today!!
>>
>>69525999
Obviously it won't ever happen, but this doesn't really have anything to do with the sport of baseball, it's just a tv show. Obviously a completely stupid idea for a show though. If a woman ever were to somehow play baseball, she most certainly would never be a pitcher
>>
>>69509674

It's the last true "team" sport in today's sports in the fact that one player can't make a team a contender for a championship. Football has it with QBs, soccer has it worldwide with their stars, basketball obviously has it. Couple that with an increasing amount of people who are simply fans of a player (JJ Watt, LeBron, Messi, etc), baseball has kind of fallen behind in that respect. I mean Mike Trout, the best player in the game by a mile, is performing incredibly well on a last place team, and no one will talk about a team that loses. The steroid era also did a lot to disenfranchise people from the sport in a time that old stars were leaving and new stars were coming, taking away a lot of buzz that could have been created. Pop culture doesn't follow big market teams anymore (Dallas, New York, LA, Boston). It's about the individual players and their personal marketability through social media, and baseball will never have that on the level of other sports desu
>>
>>69508839
missing baseball for a year killed the love of the sport.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 850x560
>>69526095
>Mike Trout, the best player in the game by a mile
>>
>>69526061

They're going to try to get around her physical limitations by making her master pitch being some sort of super-screwball, but even knuckleballers still need to have a 80-85mph fastball to occasionally change it up.

The world record for fastest pitch by a woman in 69mph.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-baseball-pitch-(female)/

That kind of arm strength wouldn't even be good for 2nd base.
>>
>>69525803
the boomer thing comes from the average age of people watching at home, which for baseball is almost 50 years old (don't have source but google it, won't be hard to find). This has convinced people that the olds are the target demographic of MLB and that they will lose the youngs to other sports. I'm not really buying it, but that's the story
>>
>>69526061
I always thought pitcher would be the most likely position for a female baseball player.
>don't have to bat if in the AL
>minimal running
>shortest distance to throw the ball in fielding situations
>pitchers can get by with having crafty, difficult to predict pitches and not being overpowering
Not that I think a woman could play in the MLB, just that if it's going to happen it would be athe pitcher
>>
>>69525864
>pants
only if you're a pleb, patricians wear knickerbockers.
>>
>>69526144
>crafty
>difficult to predict

Females are dumb as shit.
>>
>>69526147
>2016
>not wearing longstockings
>>
>>69526061

It does have something to do with Baseball because MLB & Fox teamed up on this. Major League Baseball literally has a hand in the deceit, deception, and propaganda that this show will embody.

I'm hard pressed to think of one position a woman could possibly beat a man out for on the field. You can't hide a weak link out there. The physical requirements are too great even in a slower game like Baseball.
>>
>>69526118
not him, but how can a pitcher be the best player when he only plays once every five games. the sport is constructed in such a way that you have to play for the long run and manage a team into the post season for a chance run at the title. Pitchers just don't have the opportunity to contribute as much as other players.
>>
>>69510419

JJ Watt, Trout (though I live in LA so my exposure might be more than elsewhere), literally every top 10 NBA player, Messi, Ronaldo, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Sidney Crosby, etc

I think the major problem with baseball is Trout is the only player in the league you could argue belongs on the list, and you could still make the case that he doesn't
>>
>>69526144

You still some bit of velocity at the end of the day, and even the best junkballers can still get it up around 80-85. Wakefield was the slowest at 75mph, which is still 6 mph faster than the women's world record.
>>
Barely anyone has posted the real answer: ESPN decided they were going to start hyping niggerball A (NFL) and niggerball B (NBA) at the expense of everything else. It all trickles down from there. Fortunately ESPN is losing relevance
>>
>>69525999
Why do you feel so attacked anon

everyone's just going to look at it, laugh, and move on. acting like there's an invading dogma just makes their resistance stronger

Would love to see a girl in baseball though, just for the keks. there was some French qt last year that was eligible as an international FA but she evidently has not made it

A female pitcher is absolutely retarded though. I don't even know what position a girl could play, maybe some contact hitting Amazon at first?
>>
>>69526184
>MLB & Fox teamed up

Damn, I didn't know that. Still, just a show though. If a woman ever plays more than 2 games in a season or for a team that's not completely eliminated from playoff contention just for the gimmick and to draw attention to the sport from casuals for a couple of days I will kill myself though, cap this
>>
>>69526118

>DL
>>
Meanwhile in cricket.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-3274933/Sarah-Taylor-selected-woman-play-elite-men-s-cricket-Under.html

http://www.sportskeeda.com/slideshow/5-female-cricketers-who-have-played-mens-cricket
>>
>>69526190
I get that, and I kind of have a problem with pitchers winning MVP because of that, but Kershaw is definitely the best or most dominant at his position
>>
>>69526134
It wouldn't even matter, if her only decent pitch isn't unpredictable like a knuckleball and she can't throw anything else above 70 anyway, the scouting report is just gonna have a big smiley face drawn on it
>>
>>69526192
Trout, Harper, Stanton, Syndergaard, Kershaw, Arietta, and the list goes on. Being a superstar is part talent and part personality, and I don't see how anyone can say that baseball doesn't have enough.

I think the real problem is that a lot of people don't understand what's going on. When my wife and I had people over last weekend for a party I turned on the game and there were men, not just women, there that didn't understand what was going on between swings of the bat. I had to explain that the catcher was signaling the pitcher and that pitchers can't just throw their best pitch all the time, that batters had to make a decision to take a pitch to set up a steal and so on. They literally just thought that nothing happens outside of a guy swinging at a baseball.
>>
>>69526276
>best or most dominant at his position
totally agree, but the nature of the position more or less invalidates any argument that he's a bigger contribution to his team that trout.
>>
>>69526134
I'm honestly surprised that some super strong enormous woman hasn't been able to hit higher speeds. Maybe it's because women know not to try to train for the sport, since it won't get them anywhere. Surely some 250+ lb woman weightlifter has the muscle mass necessary to throw faster than 69 mph. The great disadvantage of women relative to men is their ability to put on muscle mass and their muscle to fat ratio, but we've seen extremely twiggy men throw very fast, so that tells us that the minimum threshold of muscle mass necessary to hit those speeds is not particularly high.
>>
this shit sucks http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/36771336
was looking forward to seeing MLB come to the UK and would hopefully expand its presence over here like what they're doing with the NFL.
from a britbong who's been watching baseball for 10+years
>>
>>69508882
>>69508920

Euros can't handle a sport that doesn't have a clock?
>>
>>69508920
if cricket can remain popular globally then so can baseball.
>>
>>69526301

As a baseball fan, I know those players but your typical casual fan doesn't right now. Maybe it's the fault of the MLB or ESPN for not marketing them properly, but ask somebody 10 years ago and they could spout off Jeter, ARod, Bonds, Ramirez, Ichiro, and others. I highly doubt your casual, "I only watch baseball in September and October" fan could name those off the top of their head

You are definitely spot on that people don't know all that happens, and it could be because of the increasing use of sabermetrics in the game. People just want to know homeruns, slam dunks and touchdowns. Having a concept of who's actually good in today's game requires knowledge of all these seemingly random statistics that to the average fan looks like total gibberish, and it detaches the casuals that don't want to take the time to look at anything more than ERA and batting average.
>>
>>69517981
Okay, but then is it not impressive that they can play 81 home games per season and still keep up attendance figures? I always hate this argument.
>>
>>69526410
>People just want to know homeruns

This
>>
>>69511980
Best post ITT.
>>
>>69526428
Yeah, I don't get it either. I think the average attendance is about 30,000 people per game. Not bad for >muh meaningless regular season games
>>
>>69511986
>when they almost literally don't matter

How often do teams get down to the last couple games of the season and are only up a few games for the division title? Please continue to say they "literally" don't matter. Games in April do matter, contrary to what people want to believe.
>>
>>69526410
>ERA and batting average
I think another part of the problem is that there is generally a lot of variance to these things nowadays. When Bonds was playing you knew he was going to make contact (if they threw to him) and that he was going to get on base for sure. The star players used to be more consistent in their output from game to game, but now there a good chance that I tune into a Nats game and Harper doesn't get a single hit. For me that's fine and I'll watch anyway, but for others that feels like a downer. It's not often (if ever?) that you see Curry have a no points game. People don't just want to see superstars, they want to see superstars knowing that they'll give a peak performance.
>>
>>69512100
Only thing in this post that is true consistently is your first point.
>>
>>69526452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLECMCargd8
>>
You guys don't actually believe that he fastest baseball pitch by a woman is 69mph do you? That's pants on head retarded. I've seen girls at the pitch speed things at baseball stadium get well above that. Google tells me the fastest ones are hit the 80s
>>
>>69512631
Wow didn't realize me and my friends were 60+
>>
>>69511980

10000 % correct
>>
>>69526118
>plays 1 time every 5 days
>injury prone
>choker in the playoffs
>best player

top kek
>>
Sports in general are less prominent in popular culture now

Though baseball is by far the hardest hit. Even as the local game that it is, the average person won't know shit about their local team
>>
>>69526134
Sorry but unless she can develop like 3-4 pitches that can reach into the 80-95 range, depending on the type, she will never amount to anything.
>>
>>69526377
Just keep trying to drop the baseball pill on your friends bruh
>>
>>69526465
It is hilarious when people say games only matter in September. Makes no sense.
>>
>>69525007
>Harris poll of 2178 adults
>>
>>69526656
Your point? Even 1000 people is statistically relevant sample size, ever took a statistics class?
>>
Baseball will always be the silent majority sport.

Gotta love how any player going "omg theres no nig yolo swag thug stuff going on" immediately gets shutdown.
>>
>>69526673
To a population of 318 million, it isn't
>>
>>69526710
lol
>>
>>69526710
>To a population of 318 million
you don't really understand how sample sizes work do you?
>>
>>69526710
What would be then?
>>
>>69526722
You don't understand how relevancy works, do you?
>>
>>69526710
>this fucking retard

Literally look up sample size calculator.
>>
>>69526742
Just stop man.
>>
>>69526742
for a population of 318million at 95% confidence with a 5% error you need 384 respondents.
>>
>>69525803
>And what's with this retarded idea that baseball is a "boomer sport?"

First of all, your very graph shows that MLB has the lowest percentage of overall attenders in the 18-34 range. What it doesn't show is what percentage are 6-17 and what percentage are 34+. Still, MLB is closer to golf in terms of its demographics than it is to MLS or NBA.

In 2013, the average age of a viewer of the World Series was 54.4 according to Nielsen.

Nielsen defines "kids" as viewers aged 6-17.

In 2013, 540,000 kids tuned in to watch the NLCS and ALCS, compared to:
In 2003, 2,500,000 kids tuned in to watch the NLCS and ALCS

Kids accounted for 4.3% of the NLCS and ALCS audience compared to:
9.4% of the NBA conference finals
9.0% of the NHL conference finals
11.0% of Premier League audience on NBC

Information came from:
http://www.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303843104579167812218839786
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/2/10/5390172/major-league-attendance-trends-1950-2013
>>
>>69508839
MLB players today have no real personality. Baseball needs a Muhammad Ali-type guy who's just better than everyone else and makes sure that everyone knows it.
>>
>>69526846
>Muhammad Ali-type guy
pls no
>>
>>69526846
>verlander blowing people the fuck out on twitter isn't personality
>>
>>69526846
Baseball needs an 80 IQ nig who hates America and dodges the draft?
>>
>>69508839
Move to Japan. Its bigger there then in USA.
>>
File: odor bautista.jpg (38 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
odor bautista.jpg
38 KB, 700x476
>>69526846
you can't get guys talking shit like that because
1. they'll just get pitched at
2. no one can put up that consistent of a performance

besides we still have plenty of personality, people just don't want to watch a sport they don't understand.
>>
>>69511980
>Attention spans got smaller and so did sports requiring such spans.
>Friendly reminder that the US' decline as a country almost marks for for dot the decline of baseball as the most popular sport here

Yes, because the problem is entirely the US population and not at all changes in the sport.
>>
>>69526983
blame the jews then
>>
>>69527006

We both know it's not just commercials. There is a fuckton of fannying about by players.

For one, I want them to ban batters being able to call time. You step into the box and hit. Gloves don't feel right? Fly buzzing around your head? Too fucking bad, you're a millionaire athlete. Hit the fucking ball.
>>
File: 1468038842310.gif (582 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468038842310.gif
582 KB, 500x375
>>69508839
>caring about dying sports

Baby boomers are literally the only ones keeping that "sport" alive but they'll be gone soon enough
>>
File: NNVG243250-F[1].jpg (578 KB, 1194x1686) Image search: [Google]
NNVG243250-F[1].jpg
578 KB, 1194x1686
>>69511853
Jews fucking love baseball. Theres a documentary about it even.
>>
>>69526983
I'd like to see median game length rather than average. There's always some game each week that goes on forever into extras.

>>69527056
That's great and all, but if you make batter less comfortable they'll hit worse, and there's always fear of another deadball era.
>>
I can seriously only name, like, 3-4 baseball players and I'm not sure if some of them are even relevant anymore

Bautista, Trout, Linececum, Halladay, Texiera, CC Sabathia
>>
>>69527132
one is great, one is good, three are irrelevant and one is fun
>>
>>69527098

>I'd like to see median game length rather than average. There's always some game each week that goes on forever into extras.

The average was taken from 9 inning games, so they're all the same amount of innings.
>>
>>69527175
okay, didn't notice that. shit reading comprehension.

So since the 70's game have added ~29 minutes. Let's say 4-5 of that is replays each game, a couple more from commercials, where's the rest coming from?
>>
>all these boreball autists still delusional about boreball tanking

Quite literally no one but spics and old geezers show up to boreball games. I remember 1 boreball autist telling me that Dodgers are the most popular sports team in LA where I live even though Lakers and now the Rams drive up interest top kek.

>call out luckswing as the boring autistic """""sport""""' it is

>some luckswingfag suddenly switches from being a cuck to muh America's favorite pasttime you're not American if you don't enjoy watching Spiccy Hernandez swing.

Now all that's left is to let this shit """""sport""""" die with the baby boomers
>>
>>69527006
The problem is batters calling time every pitch and pitchers making like 20 pickoff attempts per inning. Also managers making 3 or 4 pitching changes in a single inning.
>>
File: 1-2000.png (239 KB, 448x597) Image search: [Google]
1-2000.png
239 KB, 448x597
>>
>>69510419
Name a top 10 NFL QB and probably a big star. Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson are bigger than every other athlete sans NBA Stars like Curry, Durant, LeBron, Melo, etc.

Side note, is Rose still worthy of star-NBA player status?
>>
File: 2-1994.png (225 KB, 441x570) Image search: [Google]
2-1994.png
225 KB, 441x570
>>
>>69527192

Mostly mid-inning pitching changes when situational relief became all the rage in the 90s

But also pitchers and batters take longer. Guys in the early 2000s like Nomar with their ridiculous routines between every pitch. That kind of shit didn't occur in the 70s.
>>
File: 3-1991.png (425 KB, 760x582) Image search: [Google]
3-1991.png
425 KB, 760x582
>>
>>69511864
>Attendance per game is up there with NFL

M8, maybe in the postseason, but you don't seriously believe this, do you? Most NFL teams average 40k+ (with the shitty teams like the jags, busc, and lelphins on the low end) which is way better than an average regular season MLB game.
>>
File: 4-1995.png (297 KB, 955x390) Image search: [Google]
4-1995.png
297 KB, 955x390
>>
>>69508839
It disappeared when fox ditched their great pregame music around 2010 and started using the shitty NFL music instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_AyDshGqI
>>
File: 5-1972.png (223 KB, 482x539) Image search: [Google]
5-1972.png
223 KB, 482x539
>>
>>69527158

I should have made myself more clear: baseball players who I think are active
>>
File: 6-1970.png (243 KB, 498x554) Image search: [Google]
6-1970.png
243 KB, 498x554
>>
>>69527354
>>69527343
>>69527331
>>69527314
>>69527300
>>
File: 7-1969.png (157 KB, 433x582) Image search: [Google]
7-1969.png
157 KB, 433x582
>>
because baseball is fucking garbage and people are finally realizing it
>muh wooden bats
homeruns are boring
>muh stats
youre not smart
>muh get in umpires face and yell
gay
>muh 9 innings
it should be 7 max
>>
File: 8-1962.png (429 KB, 955x446) Image search: [Google]
8-1962.png
429 KB, 955x446
>>
>>69527337
Correction, every individual NFL team averages over 52k in attendance. MLB average attendance for the whole league is around 30k per game. 16 MLB teams average below 30k attendance, and the league average is honestly boosted by the fact that the Dodgers and St. Louis have 43-44k, at least 2k higher than the teams immediately below them.
>>
File: 9-1958.png (199 KB, 441x558) Image search: [Google]
9-1958.png
199 KB, 441x558
>>
File: 10-1955.png (224 KB, 497x560) Image search: [Google]
10-1955.png
224 KB, 497x560
>>
>>69527394
at least you can see what's going on when you watch baseball, unlike stickfight.
>>
File: 11-1936.png (161 KB, 279x525) Image search: [Google]
11-1936.png
161 KB, 279x525
>>
>>69527435
follow the play not the puck my american friend
>>
>>69527368
>ywn be this triggered by a sport
feels fucking great man.
>>
File: 12-1930.png (176 KB, 329x460) Image search: [Google]
12-1930.png
176 KB, 329x460
>>
baseball games should be two and a half hour's long, for fuck's sake. unless it's a crazy exciting game with tons of hits, that's what it should be.

i remember watching based greg maddux for years on TNT or WGN or some shit and he'd calmly walk out there at 1pm and have the whole shit wrapped up with a 2-0 victory by 3.20
>>
>>69527453
the ball is the play.
>>
File: 13-1917.png (195 KB, 616x442) Image search: [Google]
13-1917.png
195 KB, 616x442
>>
>>69511980
>proceeds to bash soccer because it has few goals
and yet it is gettinf popular.
baseball is shit,the new generations arent being pushed into it so they don't get into it by free will
>>
File: 14-1916.png (195 KB, 490x781) Image search: [Google]
14-1916.png
195 KB, 490x781
ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO
>>
>>69527478
whoever told you that soccer is getting popular here is lying to you.
>>
>>69508839
I grew up playing baseball and going to Indians games with my dad. Now I couldn't give 2 shits if it dies. I have no nostalgia for such a dumb sport. Americucks need to get over "muh history"
>>
>>69527470
Agreed, the problem is that players and coaches are being allowed to drag out every moment of the game for as long as possible.

>Batter steps up to the plate
>steps back out of the box, adjusts his glove
>pitcher gets set, looks, looks, looks, throws
>strike
>batter steps back out of the box, adjusts gloves, takes a couple swings, steps back out
>pitcher tries to pickoff the man at first
>gets set
>does it again
>batter steps back out of the box

It's fucking agonizing. Then the manager will change pitchers and we all have to wait 10 minutes for the new guy to get warmed up, because I guess he was just sitting on his ass in the bullpen.
>>
>>69527454

>triggered

I love baseball. I've got a Jose Reyes foul ball and a Dontrelle Willis figure on my bookshelf right in front of me. I've got multiple jerseys in my closet.

I'm just worried because there are problems with the sport that are being glossed over because Boomer retirement money is hiding the fact that there are cracks in the foundation. I want to see these problems fixed so baseball can be the cultural force it once was.
>>
>>69527508
why would you have nostalgia for a sport that is currently being played?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.