[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after this god-awful Group Stage we can all agree that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (141 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
file.png
141 KB, 512x512
So after this god-awful Group Stage we can all agree that the Euro should just be expanded to 32 teams now, right?

The UEFA will not go back to 16 teams because they like money and the president needs the votes of the smaller countries for his election so he won't piss them off by going back to 16.

With 32 teams the "third placed teams can advance" bullshit will end, knockout round will stay the same as it was now.

If we had 32 teams in Euro 2016 the 8 more teams (considering points scored in qualification) would have been Netherlands, Bosnia, Scotland, Slovenia, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel (lel).
>>
>>69507067

bump
>>
>>69507067
>32 teams
>on 55 members

For what purpose? Also don't you think inviting so many teams would ruin the point of organising the UEFA Nations League?
>>
it would change nothing, because all the cheeky cunt countris would still advanced by beating literally who's like finland or something, there isn't much difference whether portugal advances winning 0 games and finishing third or winning that 1 game against finland or israel, also the tournament would last way longer and lets be honest no one gives a shit about finland vs israel match for instance
>>
>>69507620
>>69507686

so you'd rather be stuck with the shitty 24 team tournament we have now?
>>
>>69507750

the teams are not the point, it's the format that encourages defensive play because third placed teams can advance without a single win, i'd gladly watch a Portugal - Finland match if both teams have to win because a draw will not help them
>>
>>69507767
8 groups with 3 teams. Only the first qualify.

Other version: 6 groups with 4 teams, only the first and the two best second qualify.
>>
we need to go back to 4 or 8
>>
>>69507067
There was so much dog shit gutter football with the expansion already, you fag really want MORE countries and games?
>>
>>69507833

read this >>69507802 and you will understand
>>
>>69507850
But that's rendered invalid by the literally who in groups that will just act as stat pad nations for the one or two big guns per group...
>>
>>69507802
it would end up like champions league, where there are 2 clear favourites and 2 teams out of which 1 needs a miracle to advance and the second one need something close to a miracle to advance and then get beaten something like 4-0 in the first knock out phase, it would be boring and meaningless
>>
>>69507863

you could say the same about the WC groups, yet England and Italy got BTFO by Costa Rica

not to mention Iceland, Wales or Hungary this year
>>
>>69507909
>you could say the same about the WC groups,

No, you couldn't, because there are way more non-shit footballing nations in the WORLD versus just in "EUROPE"

Nobody wants to see fucking Israel or Denmark play football, accept it you fucking idiot

People DO want to see Chile and Costa Rica...
>>
>>69507954

>No, you couldn't, because there are way more non-shit footballing nations in the WORLD versus just in "EUROPE"

There are maybe 3-4 teams at top european level, the rest is equal or are you actually trying to tell me New Zealand and South Africa are on a higher level than Bosnia or Serbia?

>people do want to see Costa Rica

Only after they became a meme at the last WC
>>
File: 1340499516021.jpg (40 KB, 309x323) Image search: [Google]
1340499516021.jpg
40 KB, 309x323
>>69508016
>There are maybe 3-4 teams at top european level, the rest is equal

Jesus Christ you're a retard.

I'll just say it one more time: Wrong.
>>
>>69508089

>le Ad Hominem

how about you stop arguing like an angry little 14 year old (unless you are one of course)
>>
>>69508108
I've provided enough arguments, your policy of shouting "NO" warrants plenty of ad hominem, you fucking illiterate retard.

>he'd rather watch Denmark than Uruguay, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, USA

It's not about being able to beat Germany and Spain, it's about different, interesting football, and not the 200th carbon copy of shitty slavic "football".

kys my man.
>>
>Costa Rica
>goat travel location
>goat biodiversity
>lots of euro white girls go there to help building a wooden house and see some toucans

>Denmark
>literally nothing but a bland capital city
>more expensive than satan's asshole
>euro white girls go there to study business because they don't want to stay in their home country of finland/lithuania
>>
>>69508136

Now you're adding strawmen too, impressive.

Where exactly did i say i would rather watch Denmark than Uruguay, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, USA?

This is about the fucking Euro tournament and i would rather watch a 32 team Euro where the Top 2 from each group advance than the semen slurping format of this year.
>>
>>69508237
>Now you're adding strawmen too, impressive.

No, I'm not. What the fuck, do you even know what a strawman is?

>This is about the fucking Euro tournament and i would rather watch a 32 team Euro where the Top 2 from each group advance than the semen slurping format of this year.

I wouldn't, because I don't want to watch shitty fucking Denmark and Israel. Got it? I do want to watch the plethora of exciting teams in the world cup.

The Yuro does NOT need more fucking teams because they're all shit and boring. How many times until it sinks into your thick fucking imbecilic skull?
>>
File: 1343863342350.png (445 KB, 576x458) Image search: [Google]
1343863342350.png
445 KB, 576x458
>>69508193
>literally nothing but a bland capital city
>>
>>69508267
>A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

You just used a strawman and you're ignorant enough to not even know it, so please shut the fuck up.

>The Yuro does NOT need more fucking teams because they're all shit and boring. How many times until it sinks into your thick fucking imbecilic skull?

How many fucking times do i have to repeat that it's about the format and not the teams itself? Jesus fucking christ i'm giving up here it's literally impossible to argue against this level of autism.
>>
>>69508446
>i'm giving up

Thank fucking god, pathetic moron.
>>
>>69508461

Du weißt ja, der Klügere gibt nach, Brudi.
>>
>>69508480
>becoming so butthurt you're switching to German

Fuck off back to your KC containment board, pedo.
>>
>>69508518

>being so self-loathing you don't want to speak German

t. Sören, the Antifa cuck
>>
>>69508267
>I don't want to watch shitty fucking Denmark and Israel
Well you don't have to. You can just watch the matches with the teams you like/think are good. However, if the tournament format encouarges defenseive play like the current euro did, it fucks up ALL group stage games.
>>
>>69508539
>outing yourself as literal KC /pol/ autist

As I said, fuck off to your containment board, pedophile.
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-Gif-06.jpg (18 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-Gif-06.jpg
18 KB, 409x393
>come to /sp/
>two schwein steigers fighting

today is a good day
>>
>>69508553

Finally, a non autistic person

>inb4 accused of samefagging when his post and my previous post are less than 60 seconds apart
>>
>>69507067
>With 32 teams the "third placed teams can advance" bullshit will end
Well, sort of. Technically yeah but it's still 16 teams advancing, there's little indication they'd be more deserving.

I prefer your idea to the current format but I wouldn't say it's fairer.
>>
>>69508620
>needing to preventively guard yourself from attacks before you even write your post

I started keking now.
>>
>>69508667

nah, i'm just taking precautions because of your shown stupidity :^)
>>
>>69508108
That's not what an ad hominem is.
>>
>>69508267
It was a strawman though.
>>
>>69507826

>4 team Euros

how would quali look like?
>>
>>69507067
The bants would be hilarious if Germany and Israel got drawn in the same group
>>
It should just be Spain, England, Germany, France facing off in a league-style contest.
>>
>>69508925

Germany played a friendly against Israel in 2002 and they won 7-1

no joke
>>
>>69508956

>England
>>
>>69507067

It's probably inevitable that it'll go to 32 teams because all the Balkan and Roach countries out east (i.e. Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan lel) will most likely threaten (i.e. bribe) and silence the presidential candidate(s) who even whisper of reducing the Euros back to 16 teams at a moment's notice.

Plus, UEFA's greedy enough as it is.
>>
>>69508956
Forgot Italy, just add lets say Belgium to make it even.

>>69508976
ok UK team
>>
>>69508988

>wants to add Belgium

>ignores Netherlands

wew lad
>>
>>69508960
Oy vey!
>>
>yfw Infantino wants to expand the World Cup to 40 teams

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/world-cup-finals-expansion-plans-gianni-infantino-fifa
>>
>>69509074

How the fuck would that even work?

You'd either have to eliminate more than half of the teams in the group stages (24 out of 40) or include a Round of 32 in the knockout bracket, but then you'd only eliminate 8 teams in the group stage and there'd be an additional knockout match.
>>
File: 1415480060479.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1415480060479.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>>69507802
>it's the format that encourages defensive play because third placed teams can advance without a single win
thats horseshit and you know. no third placed team sat back a waited because "hurr we already got 3rd place lol". all the teams were fighting because not all 3rd place teams qualify, all of them needed points and/or goals to better their position and the majority of them even had a chance to nick 2nd or even 1st in the group.

iirc only italy was qualified in a fixed place before the final day and it led to a shit game between their c-team and ireland. the low quality of the games has more to do with the decline in general quality of football as whole in top competition.
>>
>>69509162
>You'd either have to eliminate more than half of the teams in the group stages (24 out of 40)
I'm not seeing what's wrong with that in theory.
>>
>>69509202
>8 groups with 3 teams. Only the first qualify.

not gonna happen because the UEFA wants their shekels from the Round of 16 matches

>6 groups with 4 teams, only the first and the two best second qualify.

see above
>>
File: SouthKai.png (312 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
SouthKai.png
312 KB, 576x432
>>69509234
>Turkish maths
40 teams participating, 24 eliminated, 16 remain for knockout rounds
8 groups of 5, 2 best team in each group qualify to round of 16, literally more matches and shekkels.
>>
>>69509371

good job but that post was for the 24 team euros
>>
>>69509234
What about the 2 first qualify then ?
>>
>>69509610
Yep, for some stupid reason, since it was responding to a post about a 40 teams euro.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.