[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“MOST LIVE OLYMPICS EVER” WILL HAVE TAPE-DELAYED, STREAM-DELAYED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 1450824450593.jpg (436 KB, 1321x280) Image search: [Google]
1450824450593.jpg
436 KB, 1321x280
"We are not going to stream the Opening Ceremonies live. Those will be curated and will air one hour after they occur, as will take place with us on NBC broadcast network as well. We think it’s important to give the context to the show. These Opening Ceremonies will be a celebration of Brazilian culture, of Rio, of the pageantry, of the excitement, of the flair that this beautiful nation has. We think it’s important that we’re able to put that in context for the viewer so that it’s not just a flash of color. So we will air that on a one-hour delay…

They will both [television and online] be on a simultaneous hour delay. That’s consistent with what we did in London [at the 2012 Summer Olympics] and what we did in Sochi [at the 2014 Winter Olympics]…

The question, I would say, is: If we were to air it live, and we were going to put commercials in the Games – because we are a public company and have duties to our shareholders – which parts would they like us to cut out?"

"The people who watch the Olympics are not particularly sports fans. More women watch the Games than men, and for the women, they’re less interested in the result and more interested in the journey. It’s sort of like the ultimate reality show and mini-series wrapped into one."

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/most-live-olympics-ever-will-have-tape-delayed-stream-delayed-opening-ceremonies.html
>>
nbc is known for this. they are the parent company of comcast after all.
>>
Probably in case if there's a bunch of hues from the favelas that sack the stadium like the Germanic tribes sacked Rome
>>
>>69502281
>More women watch the Games than men, and for the women, they’re less interested in the result and more interested in the journey. It’s sort of like the ultimate reality show and mini-series wrapped into one."

That's pretty patronising
>>
>>69502281
>"The people who watch the Olympics are not particularly sports fans. More women watch the Games than men, and for the women, they’re less interested in the result and more interested in the journey. It’s sort of like the ultimate reality show and mini-series wrapped into one."
this is true

it sucks, but its completely true, fucking women man
>>
>the life of an amerifat

I'll just enjoy live, wall to wall uninterrupted coverage on my public broadcaster
>>
>the people who watch the Olympics are not particularly sports fans. More women watch the Games than men, and for the women, they’re less interested in the result and more interested in the journey. It’s sort of like the ultimate reality show and mini-series wrapped into one.

americans have no sporting culture, what else is new
>>
>>69502281
>More women watch the Games than men, and for the women, they’re less interested in the result and more interested in the journey
How fucking dare they oppress women like that? Makes me sick desu
>>
>>69502647
When it comes to making money, companies are reuthlessly blunt with demographic honesty.
>>
>>69502281
Do at least people with cable get the oportunity to watch all events live or is every American stuck with NBC?
>>
i can just imagine the yuppie cunts that are in charge of nbc
>>
This just reminded me of how shitty NBC's coverage of the Olympics was from 2012.

It was like North Korea's space programme
And BBC's coverage was like NASA
>>
NBC coverage has sucked dick and will continue to suck dick as long as they have this mentality around the Games. They gin up the drama instead of letting it happen naturally, and in Sochi they would have 15 minute long teary eyed pieces about some bullshit about a skier then 3 minutes of actual skiing

I've used VPN and BBC for the past two, sounds like that tradition continues
>>
>>69502776
Unless you know how to pirate streams, nope, NBC is what you're stuck with

And that requires Cable to get the most out of it, so unless you go to a bar or pay the extra $300 month or whatever for the specific channels then you aren't going to be able to watch most shit on TV
>>
wait, people actually watch the opening ceremony?
>>
>>69503007
with whats going on in rio, the opening ceremony is something not to be missed
>>
>>69502281
>We think it’s important that we’re able to put that in context for the viewer so that it’s not just a flash of color.
It would be cool if the hosting nation handed broadcasters a 10 page program for the intro telling you exactly what happens and when. Complete with "context" and background for all the more artistic aspects, so you can study it ahead of the ceremony and then just read off it live if you forget something

OH WAIT THEY DO!
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 364x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 364x322
>>69502281
>Americans need to have their hands held through an opening ceremony
>>
>We need to air it 1 hour late because our viewers are stupid and need it all explained to them
>>
>stream delayed opening ceremonies

shame the same can't be said for the athletes' assholes.
>>
Women BTFO
>>
>>69503845
it's just an excuse so they can edit out any sort of protest or stadium collapse that might occur during the ceremony
>>
>>69503977
Seems more so they can add more commercials
>>
File: 1348970954403.jpg (146 KB, 818x370) Image search: [Google]
1348970954403.jpg
146 KB, 818x370
>>69503895

I was expecting a few (You)s for this one desu lads.
>>
>>69502698
Yet we win the most medals
>>
>>69504115
It didn't make sense
>>
>>69502281
Don't try that BBC semen streaming pipeline again Americans, we're sick of you leeching off our quality public broadcasting.
>>
>>69502281
You forget that events like these, whether or not it was the intention, only currently exist to make money. Not for you to watch some niche sports
NBC desperately need you to watch it on TV and primetime is the best time for ratings
>>
Really got tired of this bullshit the last two Olympics.
>have about a billion networks
>show zero live events
>>
Are they scared of some bundas?
>>
File: 1447375682095.jpg (66 KB, 638x647) Image search: [Google]
1447375682095.jpg
66 KB, 638x647
>yfw Sign up for Xfinity today and receive access to exclusive *LIVE* events from the Olympics!
>>
>2014 World Cip was shown live
>Rio Olympics won't be
>>
>>69504424
congrats, but that arguement has nothing to do with mine
i was clearly talking about viewership, not athletes
americans think sport is just a form of entertainment
>>
>>69505188
>americans think sport is just a form of entertainment

I think it's retarded how American networks have to hype up sports as some kind of movie.

Before every superbowl or major final they try to find drama everywhere by bringing up whichever player has dead parents, a dad in prison, a kid with cancer and hype up the "nobody believed in us" story for the underdog team even if it's an actual good team and they market said final as Star Player 1 vs Star Player 2 rather than as team 1 vs team 2.
>>
>>69505188
t. Someone who has never lived in America
>>
>>69505304
Did the Euros not try to hype up the Iceland story I to something
>>
>>69505074
NBC doesn't control what the WC does
>>
>>69505314
is it false?
your leagues' system, with no relegation, travelling franchises and the likes make me wonder how people can feel genuinely attached to teams
parity is forced so more people can see "their" team do well, stadiums are basically movie theatres (England got infected by this as well after scousers decided to kill other people and each other inside stadiums) and everything has to be paired with shitty events like the halftime show, mascots doing silly shit, etc
the NBA had to make rules change multiple times to make it more "exciting" and decided to ignore travels for muh dunks
college sports seem to be partially an exception
everything makes me think you don't take sports seriously at all there and this impression of mine got confirmed multiple times by acquaintances of mine who traveled to the States and american anons here but maybe i'm wrong, in which case i'd like to tell me why
>>
>>69505454
>is it false?
yes

enjoy your fixed matches
>>
File: jewish seal of approval.jpg (56 KB, 565x415) Image search: [Google]
jewish seal of approval.jpg
56 KB, 565x415
>>69505516
>>
>>69505596
google "italian match fixing"

we can't even compare to you guys. you're litterally wwe tier. how do you stomach that bullshit
>>
>>69502281
Their coverage is the reason I dont gave a shit. It's a 3:1 ratio of inspiring human interest stories to actual live sports. I've been stealing Canadian coverage the last few olympics.
>>
do you have raw coverage of all events without comments in your cunt?
>france
>yes
>>
>>69505647
>Cocalombia
>8 different channels showing all events live here
>>
>>69505647
We get great coverage. Completely uninterrupted.
>>
>>69505619
we don't, we have trials and wrongdoers get punished
we don't keep it under the rug

but this yet again has nothing to do with my original arguement
>>
>>69505720

Shame this is the last Olympics with BBC coverage

After that its Eurosport
>>
>>69505748
BBC have a contract for 2020. Not sure about 2024
>>
>>69505454
I don't know about the rest of America but here in New Jersey sports are a major part of our cultural identity. Life stops for most people here on NFL sundays, or when teams in other sports get close to winning championships. People pay a shitload of money to go to games here (relative to the rest of the country) and we watch on our feet, fists clenched, as opposed to on our asses like it was a movie theater.

Being an Eagles fan or a Giants fan means a lot, way beyond sports. I've even been in fistfights over that shit.

Again, I'm sure sports is just idle entertainment for a lot of Americans but in some places, sports mean something more than that.
>>
>>69505753

They have a subcontract with Discovery until 2024, meaning they will only have it on two channels, showing 'key moments' and highlights. Discovery itself will keep the full coverage of everything on their own pay to view channels
>>
>>69505785

Yeah NJ alone has Giants/Jets, Devils, Redbulls, Raceway Park, The Meadowlands, Pine Valley (#1 golf course in the world), Baltusrol (US Open venue), etc. Also an upcoming Formula 1 track. Thats way more than most countries have to offer.
>>
>>69502623
other way around
>>
>>69505785
good to know, that's what sports are meant to be, a catharsis
btw, are there many Eagles fans in NJ/NY? seems quite out of place, i figured Giants-Jets had the most fans there
>>
File: 1447031639628.jpg (5 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
1447031639628.jpg
5 KB, 254x198
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS

HOW CAN I WATCH SOMETHING SPORTS RELATED WITHOUT COMMERCIALS?

IT JUST DOESNT ANY MAKE SENSE

I NEED TO SEE ADS

FUCK YOU
>>
>>69505935
south jersey is eagles territory. mostly due to proximity and because they've always gotten philly tv stations which air philly sports.
>>
File: ddddoctor robotnik.jpg (33 KB, 643x439) Image search: [Google]
ddddoctor robotnik.jpg
33 KB, 643x439
>>69502281

>because we are a public company and have duties to our shareholders
>>
>trying to please the shareholders instead of the audience (who determines ratings)

yeah, thats a good idea
>>
>>69502698
>he doesn't have the world cater to his needs

Haha get fucked mussolini
>>
>>69505981
makes sense, i keep forgetting how close NJ and Phialdelphia are

>>69506063
nani?
>>
>>69502843
I tend to avoid NBC's coverage because it is so one-sided it fucking hurts. They'll show the whole event if an American even wins fucking bronze or something but when we saw the speed skating dominance from the fucking dutch, they were all "meh, I guess this happened today" and showed bullshit highlights from it.

Im tired of them hyping up all these U.S. athletes that don't win shit, b-b-b--but the journey is an accomplishment itself!!!!! im more impressed by medal wins than some cornhusker bitch that plays softball getting eliminated in the prelim rounds.
>>
Of course it's taped they have to edit all of the murdering and raping and pooping in the streets out of the background.
>>
>>69504424
Too bad it's not per capita
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.