[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soccer cleats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 180x180
Sup guys, can i use firm ground cleats on artificial grass?
>>
Yes. But it's better to use specific shoes to avoid injuries.
>>
And still play well?
>>
>>69491137
Do you value your knees?
>>
>wearing non-metal cleats

Take that plebe shit elsewhere. Just got a fresh pair of Nike Trout's
>>
>>69491137
no, the artificial grass will shrivel up and die on contact with the studs.
>>
>>69491356
>Baseball
>>
>>69491137
get another pair of shoes

>>69491356
most baseball cleats aren't legal for soccer
>>
>>69491291
What is the correlation?
>>
>>69491991
Deep cleats get stuck in artificial grass, artificial grass doesn't give way like sod does. As a result, your knee is much more prone to lateral damage (acl/mcl).

Firm ground cleats are usually okay on artificial turf, soft ground cleats are bad news. Very firm ground cleats are best. Sometimes indoor shoes are preferable, but it depends on the type of turf that's been installed.
>>
>>69491137
I'd use astro-turf shoes m8.
>>
File: 1460762304511.jpg (89 KB, 964x640) Image search: [Google]
1460762304511.jpg
89 KB, 964x640
>>69491137
just play barefoot or with whatever you got m8, it works here
>>
>>69493035
>play barefoot against people in cleats
perhaps the worst idea anyone has ever suggested on 4chan
>>
Can I wear cleats when I'm not playing soccer? I think they look pretty stylish and they go with my outfits well
>>
>>69493336
that's why god invented sambas.

also,
>I think they look pretty stylish and they go with my outfits well
no, they don't.
>>
File: albundy_shoes.jpg (120 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
albundy_shoes.jpg
120 KB, 635x476
Long time player and sportshop fag here

>FG is fine for everything. Keep in mind there's still differences in shape(round ones are more comfy, kind of oblong shape will grant you better footing but increased injury risk)

>SG(metal) are great to have as a second pair of boots for wet days. However, on dry ground they're gonna kill your knees in the long run. They should never be the default choice and you certainly shouldn't use them for practice.

>AG are meme cleats, you really don't need them.
>>
>>69493029
Astro turf =/= Artificial turf

You might as well just wear basketball shoes on field turf if you're gonna use indoor shoes because you'll be getting about the same amount of grip and traction
>>
>>69491785
Do you need a shoe license for metal cleats?
>>
>>69493516
Those shoes still work well on most surfaces, even grass or artificial turf.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.