[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
comfy euro final discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Flag_of_Portugal_and_France.svg.png (143 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Portugal_and_France.svg.png
143 KB, 2000x1333
I think France played better. They had a shitload of scoring chances and would have been at least 2-0 up with no Greaseman spaghetti. They were particularly dominant in the first minutes, it was a miracle they didn't score then. Eventually nerves kicked in and they couldn't handle the extra time properly. Also, what the fuck was up with that Payet sub?
Portugal played really badly up until Ronaldo got injured. They managed the game really well after that, I think it was mainly because they had no pressure of winning or doing anything. The goal was a fluke, but I think they would have won on penalties anyways. Great composture though, by the second half they managed to stop being hammered and didn't have to rely so much on luck and on their goalkepper.

Memes aside, what did you think of the match?
>>
shit team beats a shit team in a shit match in a shit tournament

tbqhwymf
>>
i think that niggers ruined football too
>>
the french wanted to finish the game quickly and wasted all their energy during first part

at the second part you could see the french niggers getting more exhausted and doing more mistakes
>>
France domination in regular time, Portugal domination in extra-time.
I think Portugal would have won on penalties too, French players looked really nervous and the atmosphere was a bit toxic/unsettling.
>>
>>69491136
>They were particularly dominant in the first minutes, it was a miracle they didn't score then.

Unfortunatly, after that, Penaldo went out and Portugal's play logically improved now that it wasnt spoiled by the self-centered cunt anymore
If only the diva hadnt been injured by that gentle tackle from Payet, we probably would have won 4-0
>>
i liked it. the teams were average but quite on the same level so it was entertaining. not many technical failures, it flowed well and was pretty tense. good final imo, i expected far worse than that
>>
Portugal played their cards right: sending Ronaldo off to boost moral and shame the French. Then go to extra time (they had 1 more day of rest) and finally, destroy the exhausted French moral with Refball.

Sounds bitter, I know, I am. But I cannot go around it was France's match to loose, and we did it with a little help from the portubros.

Finally, I'm amazed at how many countries rooted for 'against France'. It's like to see even 200 years after, the whole Europe remembers the taste of French cock.
>>
>nigger hand the ball
>it's the only white from the other team that gets the blame

>>69491354
>Finally, I'm amazed at how many countries rooted for 'against France'. It's like to see even 200 years after, the whole Europe remembers the taste of French cock.
This.
>>
>>69491311
>4-0
>>
>>69491354
People always root against the hosts. I still remember the hate we got in 2014 even though we never did anything to anyone.
>>
>>69491136
portugal doesnt get enough credit for playing good defense
>>
>>69491399
thats what made portugal win this euro cup

with a god damn solid defense and no rush in scoring
>>
File: JUST.jpg (170 KB, 888x700) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
170 KB, 888x700
>>69491377
i know right?
these scummy french sour losers
only if they could take a bath and wash their tongues
>>
>>69491311

man the frogs are such annoying brats.
>>
>>69491399
Well, in my opinion, if your goalkepper plays a great match and has to save 3 or more goals, you haven't defended that well.
>>
>>69491379
It's because "le host bought le ref"
People can be very ironatial about that
Even on this very board, if you compared the reactions to Italy getting a penalty for a German handball to the reactions for France getting a penalty in the exact same conditions in the next game Germany played, it was fucking insane
>>
>>69491311
No thats not true.

France started great against Germany if you remember and before Ronaldo got killed by Payet, he didn't even touch the ball IIRC. Portugal were great defensively all knockout games and Quaresma is arguably worse defensively than Ronaldo anyways. No reason to believe anything would have changed on the pitch besides psychological mindset of the players.

The difference was that Ronaldo's injury killed the game pretty much and after he went off France were far slower passing the ball. The crossing by Evra and Sagna were terrible and outside of Sissoko, no one else was playing with any type of energy.

Portugal offered nothing offensively up until Eder came on and it wasn't really till Extra Time when they started to pressure the tired France team.
>>
people seem to be forgetting we reached their box lots of times but could do nothing cuz since Payet rekt our striker there was no one inside the box

even if Ronaldo had choked there would have been much more chances and the game wouldn't have looked so 1 sided
>>
>>69491447
well, france is not a very likeable country

france is like that guy you want to punch him in the face just by looking at him
>>
File: e96.jpg (68 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
e96.jpg
68 KB, 607x608
>>69491435
>mfw I posted pic related to mock Portugal in the pre-game thread few hours before it started and the contrary happened in real life during the game

JUST
>>
>>69491136
We haven't lost an official match since this manager took over. He came after we lost against the relentless Albania in the first match of the qualifier.

I know that we haven't faced many tough opponents in official matches. We had a couple of difficult ones in the qualifier but the tougher ones were definitely France, Croatia and Poland.

It wasn't a miracle that France failed to score. If you followed this Portuguese campaign we had several matches where it felt like it was a miracle that we didn't lose. This wasn't the only one. Despite conceding a good chunk of chances, the defenders+GK combo always came through.

This is the football our manager wanted to do and it was worth it.
>>
It reminded me the Algerian war.
Poortugal is arabic so its the same

truly horrible for us
>>
>>69491504
> "french man trying to get a date with a white woman circa 2016"
>>
>>69491491
Oh, I thought it was CR7.
(inb4 butthurt, he looks very puncheable)
>>
>>69491474
Yeah I dont get what people were watching. Portugal obviously missed Ronaldo offensively.
>>
File: 1468005974493.gif (275 KB, 415x554) Image search: [Google]
1468005974493.gif
275 KB, 415x554
>>69491536
>>69491311

>gentle tackle from Payet
>France calling Portugal arabic

I'm so happy this team of murderball niggers lost, thanks for hosting the tournament.
>>
>>69491603
Ronaldo may have lost everything else but 1 thing Ronaldo is still the best in the world is his air game, I remember a pass from João Mario and Quaresma where if Ronaldo was there it'd would've been dangerous af but since he wasn't it just went to place with no one there
>>
>poortugal nationalism
doesn't make any sense.
>>
Wow, a thread where the Portuguese actually shitpost and bully less than the French.

>>69491466
>>69491474
Good description of the game. I wonder why France lost all their energy as soon as Ronaldo came off.

>>69491525
I don't like your football Portugal, but you won the tournament, so you must be doing something right.
>>
>>69491784
for the same reason they lost their energy after the 1st 10 minutes against Germany, Sissoko had to rest for a while so he could enter the 2nd half lit af again
>>
>>69491354
>Then go to extra time (they had 1 more day of rest)
No other team played more minutes than Portugal.
>>
24 teams was a bad idea.
>>
I didnt think it was that 1 sided desu, only in the first half. It only looked like it because Portugal played without a striker and like >>69491603 mentioned Ronaldo was missed until Éder came on. Plenty of chances were made but there was no Ronnie in the area and the crosses and attacks died whenever the ball approached their goal. The midfield was still consistent during the majority of the game (except a few William blunders) and the defense was based. Once Éder came on everything changed in the last third of the field, there was someone to hold the ball and pass to Quaresma and Nani and create plays.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.