[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spanish people of spee! Can you give a little insight into the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Espana.png (37 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Espana.png
37 KB, 750x500
Spanish people of spee!

Can you give a little insight into the tax evasion issue that occurs amongst footballers and other sports stars in your nation.

I notice that Mascherano received a suspended sentence for tax evasion last year. However, people like Casillas, Alonso, Rafa Nadal, Ramos,
>>
>>69483063
I notice that Mascherano received a suspended sentence for tax evasion last year. However, people like Casillas, Alonso, Rafa Nadal, Ramos, and a few others have been given favourable deals to avoid court proceedings.

Why?
>>
File: Messi wisdom.png (1004 KB, 1011x635) Image search: [Google]
Messi wisdom.png
1004 KB, 1011x635
>>
>>69483063
>However, people like Casillas, Alonso, Rafa Nadal, Ramos

I don't know about Iker and Ramos, but Alonso and Nadal "didn't evade". They were living in another country, they pay their taxes in Spain since some years ago because people got mad at them.
>>
Top tax bracket in Catalonia (which applies to Barcelona players) is 56%. You can understand why someone would start having these ideas.
In the UK, for example, it's 45%

But anyway, only a fool would think only athletes in Spain do this.
>>
>>69483580
>But anyway, only a fool would think only athletes in Spain do this.
Oh, I agree. However, given the recent issue with Messi, I'm curious to know what the thoughts are about this is Spain seeing as he's not the only sportsman in the country that has been involved in tax fraud.
>>
>>69483580
Jesus fuck how do you Europeans even survive with tax rates like those?
>>
>>69483785
They only apply to mega earners anyway.

What sort of taxation do you pay in the States?
>>
>>69483785

Easy. Get your tax residence in some tax paradise '''country'''. If you can. If not, then hire an army of tax consultants and try tricks like opening a number of shady societies, get in touch with HSBC bankers, and so on.

Alternatively you can always pull a Depardieu and move to Russia or to Switzerland like half of the french top income people. Nordics don't do it apparently, in spite of being the most heavily taxated ones, but that makes sense since living in those countries is better than living anywhere else regardless.
>>
>>69483673

it's because of the huge amount of cash he tried to dodge that set a new record for tax fraud evasion in sports.
>>
>>69483785
>even survive

we survive because of our healthcare which those taxes pay for :^)
>>
>>69484401
>Get your tax residence in some tax paradise '''country''
That's a little obvious. Set up a dummy corporation in a tax haven. The club "hires" the services of the corporation which employs the player at a meager wage on which he pays taxes on. The bulk of the profit is taxed at a low flat rate, the player pays shit taxes on his wage but still banks all the profit from the corporation.
>>
File: 1467919607487.png (2 MB, 1188x1194) Image search: [Google]
1467919607487.png
2 MB, 1188x1194
>>69484547
tell more more brother. any sites copy pastes or source I can read into and/or come to and rely on? I know Apple, Microsoft-tier corp giants literally pay 4 percent income tax, because they're based in fucking Ireland.
>>
>>69484749
This information is out there friend, even if you can't find it or make sense of it, a good accountant will take care of things for you. Protip, we have a tax haven in Portugal as well, which a lot of Barcelona players use.
>>
>>69485016
sure ty bye http://i.4cdn.org/sp/1468248173106.png
>>
>>69484547

That's what I said by opening a network of shady societies in a variety of countries with HSBC tier banking accounts for 'diversifying' the entrance of your incomes. Good thing is they're finally getting caught, at least here in Spain.

>>69484749

But that's for corporations, not personal income. (One of the tricks for tax evasion is precisely trying to transform your personal income into a corporate one by opening a cloud of fiscal societies that 'manage' my media and image contracts my marketing royalties and etc.

But here the Tax Authorities are finally bringing the hammer on these tactics.

Tax havens and shady offshore banking sites will always be there unfortunately (and ironically most of those are british territories, no wonder their high financial position, kek), but real corporations should pay taxes in every country they operate. It's a fail in the EU system. Either that or one single corporate tax system for all EU countries.
>>
>>69483974
Depends on your income bracket and state you live in. The federal tax on income for top earners is 39.6% (something like 420k+ earnings). This can get to somewhere just below 50% in some states iirc, but I live in Texas and we have no state income tax so I don't really know about that.

I did my senior thesis in uni on federal income taxation and concluded that the real issue in the US is misuse of taxes - mostly from low government employee productivity, pork barrel spending (when legislators force unrelated spending into a bill in exchange for a vote for that bill), and excessive defense spending.

But desu if I was at that income bracket I'd probably do some dodgy shit too. I'm getting there, but I'm not having a large enough cut taken to really bother me yet.
>>
>>69485730
oh shit ok. do you got an info on dual-residence and living and generating income within max 6 month period and then literally moving to the other option of my bilateral residence for another six month max
>>
>>69485860
martial law when?
>>
>>69485861

Oh yeah, le happy dual residence is another trick. It all depends on the legislation of the country. Some allow that shit to happen, but most others don't.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.