[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me why anyone takes this award seriously.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: ballon-dor2.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
ballon-dor2.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Remind me why anyone takes this award seriously.
>>
Fox and grapes much?
>>
no one does. I hope
>>
>>69482691
True, the moment a meme player like Owen wins it you know the award is a joke.
>>
>>69482711
Is that a pub?
>>
>>69482691
It exempts you from paying taxes
>>
>>69482717
FIFA Ballon d'Or != France Football Ballon d'Or
>>
>>69482691
Because it's supposed to represent the best player in a year.

Problem is it's become a glorified golden boot.
>>
>>69482991
One thing I don't understand is why it's presented for the BP over a calendar year rather than for a football season.
>>
>>69482691
You guys only care about it when Messhit wins
>>
>>69483031
Because it would exclude international tournaments.
>>
>>69483074
So host it in August, the fuck is the problem. Doesnt matter though. This shit has nothing to do with being the best. Like others said its just a glorified goal scorer award at this point.
>>
>>69483071
Tbh, he's been undeserving of a few. Doesn't detract from the fact the award and how it's decided is a fucking joke.

>>69483074
Which?
>>
>>69483154
Tell them that. I agree it's a joke but it won't change till after Messi and Ronaldo leave top level football.

I lost interest in 2010 when Xavi/Iniesta/Sneijder lost to Messi.
>>
>>69483185
>Which?

The ones that happen during the summer like Euro, WC, Copa etc...

They could easily change the format to go from August to August but they won't.
>>
>>69482691
Isn't it just a magazine award that FIFA decided to stamp their brand on?
>>
>>69482991
Who deserves it over Messi and Ronaldo the past 8 years?
>>
Because missi vs tsuuu
>>
>>69483482
In 2010 Xavi, Iniesta, or Sneijder

Maybe Ribery in 2013

2014 Neuer
>>
>>69483558
Robben fucked up Sneijders chance. Even Xavi said Sneijder should have finished in top 3 that year, but Robben ruined any chance he had of winning it.
>>
>>69482753
Curry house
>>
>>69483612
>believing a farsa player
Ever
>>
>>69484134
wut?
>>
>>69483718
Shit house.
>>
>>69483558
gay bastard
>>
>>69482691
Are you implying Somalia's captain isn't as wise as Buffon? Fuck you xenomorphobic shitlord.
>>
>>69491765
I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to vote

Why is Buffon's vote more valuable?
>>
>>69491840
Because he has played at top level for 20 years and won several leagues and a WC, but mainly because he actually watches football, not just the CL final.
>>
Messi should win it for being injured a month, still scoring 40 goals and assists, elevating Suarez to elite levels, collaborating in winning the CDR and Liga, but Ronaldo will be front-runner because he sat around and kicked the final penalty in the CL and didn't play the Euro final. Can we just give it to Pepe this year?
>>
>>69483558
you actually think those were individually better players than ronaldo/messi just because they won a bunch of trophies? top kek
>>
>>69491926
How do you know the Somalian captain doesn't watch plenty of football?

Why shouldn't he be allowed to vote in a global competition? Why assume Europeans are more qualified to determine who is the best player, especially when you have bellends like Kompany voting Hazard, De Bruyne and Messi 1/2/3
>>
>>69491965
Those players play in different positions, maybe Messi was better than Xavi/Iniesta/Sneijder in 2010 (that game against arsenal), but Xavi did perfectly his role that year, Spain played as he wanted and they eventually won.
Sneijder wasn't that good for Inter, but that was mainly because they played under Mourinho's defensives tactics, as soon as he played for Netherlands he had a GOAT performance for a midfielder.

>>69492085
Players shouldn't vote, it was great when only France football voted. Yes, you had players like Owen winning it, but that was once. Now C. Ronaldo is about to get his third undeserving Ballon d'or.
>>
>>69492224
>Yes, you had players like Owen winning it, but that was once.

And Nedved
And Weah
And Cannavaro

Oh and let's not forget the 2nd and 3rd spots that went to Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Kahn, Lampard, Gerrard and Litmanen
>>
>>69491940
Ronaldo has been battling through injuries all season long

Yet again, showing, unlike Messi he doesn't quit on his team unless it's for a very valid reason
>>
>>69482691
Just look at it, MAN.

I mean it's SHINY and made from GOLD
>>
>>69492599
>implying that's a good thing.
That's retarded as fuck, C. Ronaldo shouldn't have played the CL final, he was Real's cancer, but he kept playing, and so he did in La liga only to get the Golden boot (he didn't).
If you're not fit you shouldn't play, that's it.
And Messi did play injured against psg in 2013, they were loosing, then he came in, and Barcelona won.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.