[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is swimming such a bullshit sport? its because of the endless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: copy.jpg (149 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
copy.jpg
149 KB, 1000x500
why is swimming such a bullshit sport?
its because of the endless amount of unnecessary events. they should just have 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m etc. swim however you like, first one to finish wins. but they break it down into literally hundreds of millions of different events for different styles of swimming. why? can you imagine if track and field had the 100m for people running forwards, the 100m for people running sideways, the 100m for people running backwards, the 100m for people who run lifting their knees really high, the 100m for people who run waving their arms around like a total spaz etc etc etc. and then repeated all of that for every fucking distance? I mean can you imagine watching the 10km for people who run waving their arms around like a total spaz?
its ridiculous
>>
Why do they have high jump, long jump and triple jump? They're all jumps at the end of the day, choose whatever style of jump you'd like and let the judges score it.
>>
It's a good sport actually
I think they do that to concentrate all the swimmers in one event
>>
why do they have hockey, football and handball? they're all goal games at the end of the day, choose whatever style of moving the ball you'd like and try to score.
>>
>>69480928
because jumping high and jumping long are different things. triple jump is a bit daft but it is different from the others.
but swimming is literally just getting through water as fast as possible. race walking is just as stupid, and people recognise it as such. if its ok for swimming why dont they have the racewalking 100m, racewalking 200m etc? because it would be stupid. theres a fastest way to cover ground, thats running, so we have running races. we dont have races where you have to run but in a variety of stupid styles that makes you slower. unless you count the paralympics.
>>
>>69480928
Why are there different types of throwing? Just throw with what you want and thats that.
>>
Horrible thread. You just sound like you're mad we dominate the sport. Embarrassing your countrymen.
>>
>>69481137
javelin with one hand, javelin with two hands, javelin thrown underarm, javelin thrown like a discus
>>
>>69481188
what about blind-folded javelin throwing?
>>
>>69481186
>literally unable to think about anything except in terms of drooling flagwaving retardation
why am I not surprised
>>
>>69480859
>but they break it down into literally hundreds of millions of different events for different styles of swimming. why

Medal statpadding

How else will the Amerilards pretend they actually compete at global sporting events?
>>
>why are there different games and sports? it's all about winning. choose one way to win and make all sports one.
>>
>>69480859
t. someone who can't swim
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.