[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of the household name players in soccer history (soccer players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: hunkyfireman-1.jpg (67 KB, 233x320) Image search: [Google]
hunkyfireman-1.jpg
67 KB, 233x320
Of the household name players in soccer history (soccer players whose name is known by all, even people who don't follow soccer), has there ever been one worse than Christiano Ronaldo? If so please share his name:
>>
Can anybody think of one?
>>
>>69476852
Hmm good question
>>
Hmmm
>>
Does Fabergas count?
>>
>>69476837
>>69476852
>>69476868
>>69476880

Nice samefagging faggot, also you wish you were Ronaldo. He's a great footballer and I'm so glad those stupid french didn't win the title.
>>
What about...man that's a tough question
>>
>>69476837
Beckham.
Now stop samefagging.
>>
>this blatant and unashamed samefagging

I am impressed
>>
>>69476905
Can't think of one worse than CR7 either? It is a puzzler. Definitely Hazard is like that for a younger player. He blows. Watch out for De Bruyne he has a lot of potential to be a GOAT
>>
>>69476924
Well Beckham is a good example, he was like Ronaldo if Ronaldo was actually white and actually handsome. But Beckham did have arguably the greatest deep ball passing skills in history, like a gunslinger QB like Brett Farve. But yes, easily Beckham is in competition for worst household name soccer player in history along with Ronaldo. Who else?
>>
Hmmm Beckham, Ronaldo...what about Rooney/Shrek?
>>
Can anyone think of anyone else?
>>
Trying to think here. Other than Rooney, Ronaldo, Beckham, who else in the history of soccer?
>>
>>69476941

Messi is far worse, that little cuck. Quits after the final of the Copa America. At least Ronaldo doesn't quit, he keeps on going and eventually he wins the cup!
>>
Telegraph most overrated players in history adds:
Gerrard, but is he really a household name like the others above? Definitely a cuck tho
>>
>>69477037
Messi is not far worse, at least same tier of greatness as CR7 no?
>>
>>69477092
When did you get out of your containment thread? Shouldn't you be spamming Wenger Out over them being reluctant to bleed more money into irrelevancy?
>>
>>69477037
that's slanderous and I hope you get killed in Molenbeek
>>
File: 1468179320401.jpg (576 KB, 884x2300) Image search: [Google]
1468179320401.jpg
576 KB, 884x2300
>>69477037
Brett Farve was like 40 years old and had the shit beat out of him in the semis (Saints were put on probation for what they did to him)
Alexis Sanchez suffered injury in Copa final, doesn't quit
CR7 gets injured, quits on his team immediately until the celebration where he runs around out-performing everyone. Not exactly a poster boy for not quitting on his "team" (granted CR7 doesn't have found memories of mainland Portugal, he only lived in mainland Portugal 5 years and they bullied him so hard he dropped out of school at age 14 and never got an education)
>>
File: 1461926102797.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1461926102797.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>69477139
>>
Anyone else in history a worse household name player than CR7? Beckham seems to be his only competition. Unless you add Rooney
>>
File: PECHO.png (689 KB, 1010x778) Image search: [Google]
PECHO.png
689 KB, 1010x778
>>69477204
>>
>>69476941
I'd add Vicent Company who was 2-time MVP of England to the most overrated list
>>
>>69477192
>CR7 gets injured, quits on his team immediately
But he didn't? He even returned to the pitch and tried to play bandaged.
>>
As for Ronaldo, i guess all the Euro players are asleep except for this Belgian cuck who obviously overrates Ronaldo. Is it a gay love thing or did he actually ever do something in a big game to impress you, if so what?
>>
>>69477318
For show. CR7 loves a show, no? He didn't get his chance to cry the first time do he went back out so everyone could see him cry. Opposite of a tough guy
>>
I don't even think Christiano Ronaldo is a house hold name to much of anyone in the USA. I can't tell you who he plays for or for how long has he been playing or even where.

only real house hold name for a soccer player is Pele. Being his name gets throw around anyone time someone kicks something well etc. It's like saying Jordan or Rambo.

close 2nd is Beckham due to all the marketing stuff around him. Yet even then in the USA people know he played soccer but I doubt they know anything else, at all.
>>
>>69477318
He went back out on the pitch and threw a hissy fit and laid down in a stretcher like he was paralyzed. Then he gets to the sideline and is jumping around energetically the rest of the game and celebration. I think he's just a clever guy that realizes he is not as good as his fans think and relished the chance to get off the field bc it was win-win for him to do so (he leaves field, nobody blames him if Portugal loses, and if Portugal wins, he knew he'd run around screaming taking all the glory, ripping his shirt off and hoisting the trophy). Typical CR7 all about himself
>>
>>69477403
Go ask everyone you know to name a soccer player who is good today. Of the people who could give you a name, it will be Messi or CR7. Try it out and see for yourself
>>
>>69476837

Iniesta
>>
>>69477455
He definitely is overrated but is he a household name? All of Spain agrees he was their greatest player of the last decade
>>
>>69477480

probably not in burgerland but europe I would imagine iniesta is
>>
File: kekk.jpg (113 KB, 1010x778) Image search: [Google]
kekk.jpg
113 KB, 1010x778
>0-4
>>
>>69477455
I think the credit Iniesta gets is reasonable. Household name but not heralded as a GOAT of his generation. He doesn't really disappoint enough to say he is bad or overrated
>>
>>69477403
Agree on Pele then Beckham being the two GOATs marketed to Americans before CR7 / Messi (CR7 has said he might come to the MLS). Pele was huge because he came to play in America and was the guy for the first American pro league. That folded then we get the MLS and Beckham was the guy to first join that one (even tho Pirlo, Kaka, etc have all followed him), hell they even made a movie about Beckham (Bend It Like Beckham) to promote him coming to the new league
>>
>>69477493
Of course Iniesta is a household name in Europe. Same with Zlatan and Lewy, but in America its just Messi/CR7 at most which is quite embarrassing and we have Euro announcers so i blame them
>>
>>69477518
Midfielders in general our underated today. Kroos and Modric are bosses for RM. Rakitic for Barca. Iniesta i think is a tad overrated but is the best of Spain in midfield since Xavi
>>
>>69477037
>quitting the NT
Did he renounce his nationality too, that little thieving faggot?
>>
I would say the European media has dumbed down Europeans so much that they think the beautiful game is basically on the level as a Thor movie with no Thor, just a gay supervillian that looks like Portuguese Thor playing Loki and getting idolized for it. As for a Thor, Zlatan or Lewy? Zlatan is at Man U now so will be interesting
>>
>>69477650
>Ronaldo doesn't quit
>drops out of school at 14 bc being bullied, gets no education
>quits on Portugal/Lisbon even tho they have clubs in CL regularly
>quits on Man U
>quits in the Euro final except for celebrating time when he goes all out, out-performing everyone
>>
Rooney and not even close when it comes to hype vs substance. His best tournament was his first. I kind of feel the English have a warped perception of him because he plays for the country's most famous team and of course the PL/NT echo chamber.

American players in that same category include Brett Favre, Kobe, Curry, etc. You could add Anna Kournikova as well.

Beckham actually achieved real icon status outside of the sport to the point where most view him as a celebrity more than an athlete. It's a bit different from the above.
>>
>>69477692
I hate both of these fuckers with passion, mate, and that's not what I was asking about.
What kind of butthurt, backward mentality is this "I quit the NT" shit? Isn't this a call of duty and a privilege to be included in the NT? What kind of message is this little manlet sending to all those Argentino kids dreaming of becoming footballers?
Absolutely haram.
>>
>>69477695
Rooney definitely sucks, even Man U fans hate him now, and they all love CR7 (hated CR7 for first few yearals bc of his faggotry that defines his career everywhere but he did have that one unforgettable legendary year at Man U. Rooney was great for Man U at some point too but yes its a joke letting him start for Man U now, Ronaldo even at 31 would be good enough to be better than Mata/Depay, not sure if Ronaldo would be better than Martial tho (he has been clutch)
>>
>>69477745
Messi is a mental midget m8
>>
>>69477745
Tevez quit national team before that. I think Argentina just sucks at running a national team. But yeah, if CR7 was on Argentina, he'd never quit, he'd be loving all the love and glory and dicksucking he got from all the plebes too much
>>
jit 910
@ jit_316
10h
Watch how they make this all about Ronaldo, the most overrated
'great' player I've ever seen in my life.
>>
Glad Ronaldo could quit sucking his own dick long enough to give the Silver Boot to Nani, who quit obviously was better this Euro. Ronaldo must havw known hed beaten and raped if he didn't had he every wanted to show his face in Portugal (where Ronaldo only lived 5 years)
>>
former Manchester United player Pat Crerand
@ PatCrerand
Happy for Ronaldo and Nani but sad for Patrice. I think Nani has
been Portugals best player

You don't say?
>>
Typical CR7...

James Olley @ JamesOlley
12h
Ronaldo throws captain's armband on the turf

Planet FĂștbol @ si_soccer
12h
Ronaldo throws his armband to the ground

But he was sure happy enough to out-glory all his team that won the game when it came to celebrating!
>>
File: CnCgNJzWEAA70E_.jpg (151 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
CnCgNJzWEAA70E_.jpg
151 KB, 675x1200
Real Madrid fan Ayub
@ GFX_7
9h
European Champion at the age of 18! Renato Sanches #Boss
>>
Almost 11 am in Paris

Euros what do you think? Who has been a more overrated household name in your lifetime than Christiano Ronaldo?
>>
Euros all over here wondering, is there a more overrated player ib history than CRBitch7? Please share if you know of one...
>>
Can anybody think of a more overrated player in history than Christiano Ronaldo?
>>
>>69478566
Beckham, probably; literally poster boy, moved to play in US so he has that going for his fame factor. Great player, but not as great as his publicity.
>>
>>69478615
Beckham we talked about in this thread. Anyone else rival Christiano for most overrated player in the history of soccer besides Beckham?
>>
File: 20160623_005249-1.jpg (1 MB, 1150x1396) Image search: [Google]
20160623_005249-1.jpg
1 MB, 1150x1396
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(Look at me! Me me me!)
>>
Anybody got anyone more overrated in soccer history than Christiano Ronaldo?
>>
File: 20160623_005400-1.jpg (1 MB, 1151x1445) Image search: [Google]
20160623_005400-1.jpg
1 MB, 1151x1445
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
But i make lot of money punking dumbass Europeans to by my jerseys and suck my cock...and i didn't move to the European mainland until i was in my teens, and i dropped out of school shortly after that because everyone bitch slapped me around like the pussy i am. But I'm glad the European press has suckered all these pussies into wanting to suck my cock. I'll let them :D
>>
File: 1468080475311.png (46 KB, 321x283) Image search: [Google]
1468080475311.png
46 KB, 321x283
How sad are European-betas for idolizing CR7? (Especially Finland/Sweden but even had Germany/Swiss/Denmark falling over themselves to lick Christiano's shriveled and worthless balls)
>this is Europe has become
>>
Euros are over thinking:.
"but Americans are all fat and in wheelchairs how do they realize CR7 is a fraud to all but the poor people in Europe who don't have TV access and cant see so with their own eyes?"
>>
Where is all the constant CR7 sucking now that you realize he sucks?
>>
File: christiano-ronaldo-gq-0216-2.jpg (75 KB, 367x520) Image search: [Google]
christiano-ronaldo-gq-0216-2.jpg
75 KB, 367x520
Poor people of Europe help me out, wouldn't you like to lick my abs since my balls are shriveled and my cock is 1 inch?
>>
File: 1467928837194.jpg (104 KB, 634x630) Image search: [Google]
1467928837194.jpg
104 KB, 634x630
Who is a bigger fag to have to dinner?
>>
>>69476837

>Playing without offsides , playing against defenders who get paied like 2000 euros per month.
>Playing in shitte leagues.
>Playing in an era where noone gave a fck about football bcz wars and politics was the next hot thing. aka no money in football.
>Playing in an era when all you had to do was have a bit of talent to shoot the ball and be a little bit athletic, not have the most athletic alpha male body you could just to be considered a semipro footballer.
>Playing in an era without television or with 120 pixels where noone could realise if the ref was bought or not from one team or nah.His decisions were the god's decisions.
>Playing in eras where footballers would play half the matches a footballer nowadays plays.

Yes apparently Some pelles and maradonas and Valderamas were apparently much better footballers.
You retards, the only reason you dont consider ronaldo and messi the best footballers ever existing is that you can see them in real time and real life. You realise they are human and you have no interest to praise on some other human. You see them all the time you are actually bored of their flawless plays and huge impact in a sport.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.