[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The best Brazilian defender plays for Portugal JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1467923680507.jpg (96 KB, 359x379) Image search: [Google]
1467923680507.jpg
96 KB, 359x379
>The best Brazilian defender plays for Portugal

JUST
>>
COLONIZE
>>
I'm glad for him desu.
Also there are BRs in pretty much all NTs in the world
>>
tfw Deco and Pepe played for Portugal
>>
I will never understand this

When you have lived in a country for 18 years how can you decide to get citizenship for another country after only living there for about 5 years, play for their national team and even sing their anthem?

Do they just threat it like a football club or did he just decide one day that he was Portuguese?
>>
>>69470536
it's more like "if I play in Brazil I will never get called for the NT"
>>
>>69470536
Maybe they're grateful for the countries that actually pay their salaries.
>>
>>69470536
I'm pretty sure it's a question of money. Pepe gets paid better and that's all he cares about.
>>
>>69470536
He doesn't own anything to Brazil. He played abroad for a reason. And Brazilians from other regions would be prejudiced against him anyway.
>>
File: 1464532294638.jpg (160 KB, 960x837) Image search: [Google]
1464532294638.jpg
160 KB, 960x837
>>
>>69470602
Thought he was playing the ancestry card
>>
>>69470536
good goy
>>
>>69470758
if that was possible easily 150 million BRs would get Portuguese citizenship which we don't even need since Portuguese citizens got the same rights as Brazilian citizens by law in our constitution and vice-versa
>>
>>69470758
>ancestry cad
>literally almost all Brazilians have Portuguese ancestry
>>
at the time it was just a practical thing (better chances of getting drafted for the portuguese national team than for the brazilian). Doesn't matter much, the guy gives 110% every time.
>>
>>69470869
Oh yeah, there is that too.

II - naturalized:
a) those who, as set forth by law, acquire Brazilian nationality, it being the only requirement for persons originating from Portuguese-speaking countries the residence for one uninterrupted year and good moral repute;
b) foreigners of any nationality, resident in the Federative Republic of Brazil for over fifteen uninterrupted years and without criminal conviction, provided that they apply for the Brazilian nationality.
Paragraph 1. The rights inherent to Brazilians shall be attributed to Portuguese citizens with permanent residence in Brazil, if there is reciprocity in favour of Brazilians, except in the cases stated in this Constitution.
>>
>best
the funniest thing he would have never been called to the Brazil squad because he wasn't "well known enough"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.