[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do players on different teams have a friendly chat when a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 9.png (744 KB, 1080x612) Image search: [Google]
9.png
744 KB, 1080x612
Why do players on different teams have a friendly chat when a baserunner reaches first base? Sports are supposed to be competitive war on the field, not "hey how are the kids?" chat.
>>
They joke around about how they're paid so much to play the most boring sport there is
>>
>>69441191
it's called sportsmanship. also you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>69441191
Im pretty sure its more like

>nice hit dude
>yeah that pitch was pretty flat/nasty, i got lucky desu lol, etc
>>
Players move around so much that "muh competition" is just pushed by the teams for marketing purposes with the exception of a few instances of pure hatred between players

I guess Red Wings versus Avalanche is a good bloody rivalry
>>
>>69441259
Sportsmanship is saved for after the battle
>>
Baseball is so boring that the players get bored and talk to each other.
>>
>>69441516
confirmed for never having played a sport.
>>
>>69441827
I like baseball but this is true. You even got guys literally falling asleep because it's so dull.
>>
>>69441966
when did that happen?
>>
Baseball doesn't really have the 1v1s that other sports have, so you don't really need to tilt other players like you would in soccer or basketball. Outside of pitcher/batter duels (which do often lead to fights), it's rare for a first baseman to outplay a batter.
>>
>an autist doesnt understand human interaction

Shocking
>>
Life's too short to be a cunt all the time. Most players these days end up playing for a bunch of different teams and know a lot of these players personally. I don't see how talking to somebody means you're not trying or being competitive
>>
>>69441865
I played football at a DI school kid, don't ever project your sport inadequacies on me.
>>
File: 2542.jpg (45 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
2542.jpg
45 KB, 620x372
this only happens at first base because you put the nicest guy on your team there to make the other team feel more comfortable and let their guard down. once they get to second it all changes.
>>
>>69442219
Kek, no you didn't
>>
>>69442219
so you played the meathead sport where you pretend that you're army men going to war. i can see why you don't understand the intricacies of a patrician sport like baseball.
>>
>>69442454
You wish I didn't.

>>69442524
Are you sporting a fedora or trilby right now?
>>
>>69442764
What school did you play for? What year?
>>
>>69442764
i'm sporting your mom's lips wrapped around my BWC what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>69442897
Memphis, 2008

>>69442900
You'd never say that to me in person, so I'm not worried about it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.