[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an American, tell me why I should give a fuck about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
I'm an American, tell me why I should give a fuck about darts, Yuros.
>>
It's fun to watch.

If it's not fun to you, don't watch it.
>>
>>69426943
It's a great game to play at the bar when drunk.
>>
>>69426943
you shouldn't
>>
obese men throwing things at things. you'll love it.
>>
>>69426943
its quite comfy
>>
It's nice to play with your friends at the bar. Watching this shit? lol who the fuck does that? i rather watch paint drying.
>>
I dunno, Darts are maybe the least popular sport round here so...
>>
>>69426943
Do you own a dog?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwfnurvQKxk
>>
>>69426943
If there is a massive Zombie attack, it can be a very useful backup weapon
>>
>>69426943
You can be morbidly obese and still excel at it.
>>
Comfy atmosphere, good /sp threads
>>
The GOAT sport. 1 v 1 mental combat. Lots of memes. Comfy threads.
>>
>>69426943
you shouldn't. but also this >>69426986

darts are only fun to watch in bars because there's always a small chance of accidents when drunk people throw pointy things
>>
Its better than football.
>>
>>69437526
doesn't take a lot
>>
Who /barleauge/ here? Currently shooting a 25 ppd and a 2.7 mpr using Harrows and fit flights.

>steel tip get out.
>>
File: 53.jpg (51 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
51 KB, 764x1024
>>69426943
Premier league and some of the bigger tournaments are goat to watch for the crowd banter and drinking during the event in American times. /180/ is comfy af and it's really easy to follow. And who can forget the BDO.
>>
>>69426943
Get behind your number one player, Darin "Daddy Cool" Young. Turns up at the World Championship and some of the other tournaments throughout the year if he qualifies, bit of a cult hero with the fans.
>>
>>69438915
anything related to Boney M should be popular

What's Max Hopp up to this year?
>>
Does darts even get good TV ratings?

I thought it was just an excuse to get drunk and sing songs under the guise of a sporting event.
>>
>>69426943
It's a better sport than shooting to niggers in the streets
>>
>>69439188

All things considered, it's probably the 2nd most popular television attraction in the UK after soccer.

>The live coverage on Sky Sports Darts reached over four million viewers across the 14 days of the William Hill World Darts Championship, including a record audience of more than 1.7 million for the thrilling final between Anderson and Phil Taylor.

I was in a darts thread the other day relating my experience of how crazy the UK is about darts. They'll debate players like we debate quarterbacks. They'll dress up as their favorite players (full kit wankers). Phil the Power Taylor and Andy Fordham's names are spoken with reverence.

Never seen anything like it.
>>
File: 7771.jpg (77 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
7771.jpg
77 KB, 720x960
>>69439270
>Phil the Power Taylor's name is spoken with reverence.
>>
Isn't darts a relative new spectator sport.

Didn't Barry Hearn pretty much bring it to the forefront and before it was only a sport played in pubs?
>>
>>69439375
>Didn't Barry Hearn pretty much bring it to the forefront and before it was only a sport played in pubs?
Pretty much.

Without Hearn, darts would be dead as a spectator sport.

The split in darts was its turning point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_in_darts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iwr3u5HzoM
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.