[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Suarez abusing a loophole or would a new rule make things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8
File: suarez-handball.jpg (231 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
suarez-handball.jpg
231 KB, 800x600
Was Suarez abusing a loophole or would a new rule make things to complicated?
>>
We wouldn't be having this thread if that nigger whose name I've long forgotten didn't choke that penalty.
>>
He literally did nothing wrong. Ghana got a penalty and Suarez got a red card.
>>
What loophole could he possible have abused? He got a red card and missed the next game.
>>
I remember being 13 and watching this and being like wtf, I wanted Suarez and Uruguay dqed

Now I realizee he got punished dutifully for his penalty and Uruguay rightfully went through
>>
>>69405564
He was certainly a good boy for his team, he didn't do nuffin.
>>
>>69405587
This. There is no loophole and when you're going up against fucking muslera in a pk you should convert it
>>
>>69405533
Asamoah Gyan

>>69405564
this
>>
This just reminds me of intentionally fouling in basketball on a fast break. Take a 100% chance to score and make it a 80% chance to score. Guy committing the foul gets penalized and the other gets an opportunity to score
>>
>>69405533
You have to agree you have to be a Maradonna style motherfucker to pull that off though.
>>
>>69405564
turning a guaranteed goal into a 75% chance of goal isn't very fair senpai.

this kind of shit must be considered a goal and a red card for the player who tried to cheat
>>
>>69405646
Pretty much this. Same thing with defenders making rough challenges.
>>
>>69405564
FUCK YOU FUCKING CHEATER APOLOGYST

HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY SOME FAVELA NIGGER

caps completely intentional
>>
this match was so good. great dramaturgy
>>
>>69405655

But a penalty and a red card is a very severe punishment. He couldn't play in the semi-finals against Netherlands and in the end Uruguay lost.
>>
>>69405485
the best game of 2010 senpai
>>
Intentional fouling to stop a goal should just be given the goal. Don't even have to bother with red carding them just award the goal
>>
>>69405768
it's not severe

>turning a guaranteed goal into a 75% chance of goal isn't very fair senpai.

awarded goal and red card
>>
>all these mad negritos
>>
>make conscious decision to take a risk and maybe save a goal
>save goal
>get red card
>miss next game
>leave team without a good PK taker for shootout
>give opponent opportunity to score anyway. good PK takers score 9 times out of 10
>they fuck it up
>waaaaah injustice
fuck off. rat man is a cunt but he did the right thing, got punished accordingly. end of story.
>>
>>69405780
best game ever
>>
>>69405861
it's ok, maurice. we'll have to disagree on this one
>>
>>69405918
>maurice
>not Pierre
>>
>>69405485

suarez's handball was just as much a professional foul like what solskjaer did

legally all correct
>>
>>69405861
What's the point of awarding the goal AND the red card?
That would be unfair
>>
>>69405973
to prevent players from trying, otherwise they'll all do handballs
>>
>>69405861
He is properly punished according to the rule, unlike Maradona goal
>>
play to win faggots
>>
I thought it was fair. He got carded and didn't play the next game.
>>
>>69406037
>properly punished

no since it changed the outcome
>>
>>69406014
And the red card by it self isn't a punishment?
Why are you trying to award a goal for a shot that had not crossed the line yet?
>>
>Implying any of us wouldn't handball to prevent a goal in the last minute of the QF of the world cup
>>
>>69405952
i am aware that it's correct under current rules, the question is wheather it could be considered a loophole because hi-def cameras will capture such situations much more often and making some cases very hard to decide for the referee.
>>
>>69406101
If gyan makes the penalty it wouldn't have mattered
Why do you act as though there was no consequence?
Suarez only possibly delayed the inevitable
Ghana had another chance
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 205x246
>>69405612
>2010 was 6 years ago
>>
>>69406014
The situation in which it is beneficial to do this is so small it's not worth the effort. Plus it provides great drama.
>>
File: 1412583325840.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1412583325840.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>69406526
>been on 4chan for 11 years
>>
>>69406697
This desu.
Had Gyan scored the fucking pen like a professional player is expected to, nobody would even remember that shit. But chokers gonna choke.
>>
>>69406757
been on 4chan since the last 3 digits of a get were hidden
>>
>>69406136
yes because the ball would have stopped and fell on the ground instead of crossing the line right?

>>69406259
a guaranteed goal vs a 75% chance to score is the same in your mind. bravo
>>
>>69407012
t. M'bolo
>>
>>69406101
What if Suarez hadn't handballed and let it go in then scored a hat trick and Ghana wouldn't even go to penalties. It doesn't fucking matter what could have happened, Ghana were awarded a penalty and Uruguay were forced to play with 10 men for the rest of the match something which the nig nogs couldn't capitalize on
>>
>>69405564
Of course it's another South American who thinks it's ok.

We wouldn't have to have these discussions at all if your entire continent could play even 10 minutes of a game fairly.
>>
>>>>69407012
Until the ball crosses the line there is no goal
That's a fundamental part of the game

>a guaranteed goal vs a 75% chance to score
Obviously it wasn't because it was stopped
Next
>>
>>69407050
c'est toi le negre, negre.
>>
>>69407135
Uh
The pk was the last kick of extra time
But you're right
>>
>>69407135
you have the mentality of a nigger are you aware of that?
>>
I think in a case like this a consultation goal should be an option

Some people think what he did was completely legal as the rules set a punishment for it.
I think it's cheating plain and simple

He's scum
>>
>>69407219
fäm, he broke the rules and he was punished by doing it. you can argue that result of the match wasn't fair, but Suarez/Uruguay actions were punished according to rules of the game
>>
>>69407012
>75%
Figure pulled right out of your ass.
>>
File: the urugayan vampire.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
the urugayan vampire.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
Suarez ain't looking for shit except meat
>>
>>69407422
Fucking phone!

Consolation goal *
>>
>>69407456
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/a-chart-for-predicting-penalty-shootout-odds-in-real-time/

73% actually, what did you expected it would be? 99%?
you mong.
>>
>>69407559
It's entirely up to the shooter. In this case the shooter was a mong.
>>
>>69407593
Go to bed kid, it's late.
>>
>>69407422
So should we allow goals for all professional fouls then?
Nothing was unfair
Suarez kept the ball out and paid the price for it
I mean, what exactly is supposed to do here?
Let the ball go in and disappoint his countrymen?
If Ghana wanted the consolation goal they should have made the penalty
>>
I don't care for Ghana just like most of you but if it was your team that was fucked over by this fucker you would be pissed guaranteed.
>>
>>69407612
t. teenager
>>69407628
Exactly, if you allow a goal for this then just about any foul in the box should just award a goal. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>69407669
They had the chance to win
The penalty and then the shootout

People are confusing this for a situation like the France-Ireland playoff
Completely different set of circumstances
>>
>>69407628
A penalty is not equal to a guaranteed goal though. They've taken a ball crossing the line unimpeded and put a goalie in front of it as well as an unquantifiable level of pressure.

The ref worked within the rules of course, doesn't mean they shouldn't get looked at

And what exactly is a professional foul? Without insults if you can.
>>
>>69407669
I think I'd be more pissed at the guy missing a decisive penalty at the last minute of regular time.
>>
>>69407809
>professional foul
Other team launches a counter attack, midfielder knows his team is out of position and at risk, he "accidentally" trips on the leg of the guy starting the counter. Worst case he gets a yellow, and his team has the time to get back in positions to defend.
>>
>first world posters going full "the law sucks because muh feelings are hurt"
>third world posters saying the rule is the rule

What kind of bizarro world is this?

It is not forbidden to stop the ball with your hands. You can do it. It's a tactical foul. But the consequence is red card + penalty.

>but he was guaranteed 100% to score!!!

No, since a player can use his hands and be punished for it. In this case you have a 0% probability to score, and the penalty kick gives you 75% instead.
>>
>>69407858
Just a foul then ?
>>
>>69407811
If Suarez's handball had gone unpunished (no red card or pk) then Ghana would have a legitimate gripe since they would have been robbed of a chance of winning
But they didn't
Gyan had the chance to score and win and failed
>>
>>69407943
Yes and no. Fouls often just happen, in this case it's 100% deliberate and turns a strong advantage into nothing.
>>
Glad they got knocked out, there was a lot of 'do it for Africa' shite because Ghana was the last African team left in an African held tournament.

>>69407943
No, a professional foul is an intentional foul to stop an attack. Watch an Atletico, they do 10 a game. A regular foul could just be a mistimed tackle.
>>
>>69405587
It's a loophole because normally, the rules would benefit the team who suffered the foul, but in these exact circumstances, it totally worked out in the bad guys's favour.

And no, we shouldn't have a new rule.
>>
>>69405485
No loophole, he got red carded and suspended the next game. Gyan should have converted the penalty.
>>
Gyan has the perfect profile of a guy who skies penalties. Ghana can only blame themselves.
>>
This is from the fifa laws, doesn't change anything, I just found it interesting

>a player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or
an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately
handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the
act of the player deliberately handling the ball but
from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that
prevented a goal being scored
>>
>>69405485
Suarez did nothing wrong there. He comitted a fault and was properly punished for that. Only Ghana can blame themselves for not scoring the penalty.
>>
>>69407943
No
A professional foul gives the offending team a small advantage
In his example, the player stops a counter attack and gives his team a time to get back and defend

It's not like though the team gets a huge advantage
That's another thing about Suarez's handball
It raised Uruguay's win probability to 13.5% (chance to miss pk and then 50/50 on the shootout)
It's not as if that won the game for them
>>
>>69405485
Pig fucker was afraid France was about to score so he tried to do the same, except Griezmann fortunately scored his penalty
btw the "foul" that even led to that free kick didn't exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY
>>
>>69408139
And?
Nothing was violated
Suarez did act like a little bitch afterwards but that's not against the rules either
>>
>>69405485
This thread wouldn't have existed if Gyan had handled Suarez's shot sending Ghana into the semis
This is all about Suarez

Suarez is a terrible person who has done a bunch of bad things in soccer terms
This ain't one of them
>>
>>69408312
Calm your tits. Just showing how his red was for unsporting conduct, an "unfair intervention". I don't get how people think this falls inside the rules somehow just because he was sent off.
But really, I don't care
>>
>>69408290
Schweini got lucky that the ref didn't think Evra's header was a real scoring chance.
>>
It's a shame that Suarez has to take all the heat for this. Any player would've probably done the same thing in this situation. Hell, if you go by the replays, you can actually see Fucile trying to block the ball with his hands as well.
>>
it was all a meme

i used to post "is an horse a athelete"

rare pepes and "leave x to me" all on my computer screen
>>
>>69407413
no nigger mentality is when you fucking choke. That's why they've never won anything of note because in the big fucking moments they know they can't do it.
>>
>>69408478
You're reading too much into the "unfair" part of that
>>
>>69405485
No he was only thinking about not letting that ball cross the line. If there's one thing for certain about Suarez it's that he does anything to win.
>>
>>69408697
I might be but how do you mean?
>>
>>69408533
If Gyan had scored off of a pk he won from a dive no one outside Uruguay would have cared after a couple of days
>>
File: ........jpg (114 KB, 312x823) Image search: [Google]
........jpg
114 KB, 312x823
>people who argue "everything went according to the rules so what suarez did was fine"

It's an utter scum move and the quintessential example of unsportsmanlike behaviour.
If some dude intentionally breaks some other guy's legs and ends his career you don't go "well he got a red card so all is well".
>>
>>69408767
That's because none of the Ghana players have a legendary track record of reprehensible degeneracy. Luis Suarez is Ched Evans-tier when it comes to popularity.

Letting the goal go in wouldn't have made him any more popular, though.
>>
>>69408944
You literally do though. Roy Keane did that exact thing, and nobody talks about it now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf-Inge_HÃ¥land
>>
>>69405973
>the judge forces you to pay the victim/fine AND go to jail, that's so unfair
>>
>>69409052
>nobody talks about it now.
Eh, keane still gets shit talked for some of the things he did, and rightly so.
>>
>>69409052
Nothing in that wiki articles describes my example.
>>
>>69409053
Two incomparable things
>>
>>69407219
>britishit complaining about cheating
never forget 66 finals, faggot
>>
>>69408944
Uh no
Again, two incomparable situations
>>
Theres no reason to changing the rules. Humans mistakes and decisions are part of the sport.
>>
>>69405485
Can anyone seriously explain me what's wrong with this? There was no cheat, he got red carded and a penalty was called. It's literally the same as tactical fouls, except he actually got punished for doing it. He left his team with one less player and an almost certain goal against. Unlike the bite, it wasn't made with the intention of pulling the opposition out of their game. It was inside the boundaries of football(handballs happen all of the time, it isn't like he pulled a weapon and gouged a nigger's eye out) and it was literally the best posible action.
How is it that you cannot understand this?
>>
>>69409305
They are very much comparable.
Complete disregard for the spirit of competition and fair play.
>>
>>69409393
>people trying to equate a fucking volleyball safe on the line to tactical fouls, dives or other significantly smaller infractions

wew laddie
>>
>>69409407
One's about the result of the game
The other is a more serious matter
Like Suarez's bites
Completely different from that handball
If you think it was against the spirit of competition then any professional foul would be too
>>
>>69409515
>what is nuance
>>69409459
>>
>>69409407
>neuer knees higuain in the face
>no penalti, no nothing
>we accept it, playing strong is part of the game, it could have been a foul same as it could have not been a foul
>suarez uses his hand to stop an extra time goal
>penalti + redcard
>literally fair action and consequence
>krauts go mad
>>
>people calling this 'cheating'
ayy lmao

>>69409459
how is it different from a last man foul like what Solskjaer did?
I'd say that those fouls are even worse because usually they happen outside the box
What Suarez did it's an option and part of the game, just like fouls
>>
>>69409581
If you can't see the difference between a foul born out of over-eagerness and a player completely and willfully ignoring the rules in the most decisive manner, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
Putting the hand in the ball is the exact same thing as committing a fault to prevent a goal, both should be punished, but there's literally no reason to give them a goal if it hadn't happened
>>
>>69409549
Quite a bit of difference

>>69409586
>people are equating this to say Henry's handball
>>
>>69409581
>literally fair action
he was sent off for unfair action
>>
Putting the hand in the ball is the exact same thing as committing a fault to prevent a goal. Both should be punished, but there's literally no reason to give them a goal if it hadn't happened
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>69409710
>>69409766
I posted twice
>>
>>69405485

Any competent team would have put the penalty away.
>>
>>69409739
and he got punished. that is why it says 'fair action and consequence'
>>69409672
players willifully ignore the rules all of the time. watch your own teams play, they commit tactical fouls every ten minutes.
>>
>>69409766
The difference is with most fouls, there is no intention to foul. Depening on how desperate the situation is, players willfully risk fouling (and are punished accordingly), but generally they want to hit the ball and not the player.
And even if not, it's not completely comparable because even if left untounched, there is no guarantee a goal will be scored.

All of this doesn't apply to Suarez. He knew what he was doing is completely against the rules and that he's preventing a 100% legit goal.
>>
>>69409739
There's a difference between a knee to the face and touching a soccer ball
>>
>>69409884
>with most fouls, there is no intention to foul
That's a very innocent point of view, Immanuel.
>>
>>69409980
Nah really not. Professional fouls make up a tiny percent of fouls, most of them are overeager forwards/midfielders or just defenders trying to get to the ball.
>>
Just because you got caught cheating doesn't mean you didn't cheat.
>>
>>69409884
Yes, most of the fouls are made without the intent of hitting the player, but when the striker is alone and counterattacking, the defender deliberately choses to hit him, to prevent a goal.
This is part of the sport, as well as putting your hand in the ball, if you feel that is necessary.
Suarez was expelled, they got their penalty, and then another penalty dispute, and they lost. Fair and square
>>
>>69410056
If you're getting paid £100,000 a week to be good at football, it's not really excessive to expect them to be able to tackle someone without scything them down.
>>
>>69410188
Considering the same well-paid players very much try to get fouled or at least get the whistle, it balances itself out.
>>
>>69410056
But the principle still applies
Using the rules to your advantage

>>69410106
And?
He robbed Ghana of 13.5% of a automatic win
Gyan is the one to blame
Couldn't even get it on frame
>>
>>69410106

How did he "cheat"? He handballed, which is a foul, and was given a red card because he directly prevented a goal going in. And the team was awarded a penalty. Both of those were exactly what you should do. By the book decisions. What's the problem?

You could pick any number of incidents that went completely unpunished and therefore, in a sense, were cheating: Thierry Henry handballing against Ireland, Maradona doing the hand of God against England.

It's not Suarez's fault that Ghana are shit. He, and anyone else, would have expected them to score. As most teams would.
>>
>>69410106
Doping is cheating, matchfixing/bribery is cheating, handball is not cheating.
>>
>>69410287
Again, nuance. Like I already said, not all infractions are equal. Considering Suarez has no excuse (see >>69409884), I don't think it's a stretch to say he crossed a line beyond just "well that's part of the game" into "this is disgusting".
>>
>>69410299
>irish saying handball isn't cheating
wew lad
>>
>>69410369
Henry did what any professional should've done which is to do everything in his power to win the game.

I was mad that it wasn't penalised.
>>
>>69410287
No he robbed them of a 100% automatic goal.

>>69410298
>You could pick any number of incidents that went completely unpunished and therefore, in a sense, were cheating

There's a reason why handball is considered to be a foul in the first place you know, it gives a huge advantage to the person doing it.
>>
>>69410442
>do everything in his power to win the game
This is why we get shitloads of divers nowadays, no a true professional should do everything in his power WITHIN THE RULES to win the game.
>>
>>69410361
Trying to injure someone is disgusting
That's different from trying to win
Of course Suarez knew the ball was going in
That's why he stuck out his hand in the first place
But in this instance he wasn't trying to bite someone
>>
>>69410463
But not a chance to win
>>
>>69410534
Yeah, trying to injure someone is disgusting too.
99.9% of fouls are not made with that intention, so what's your point?
>>
>>69410564
It was like the final minute of extra time, I'd reckon they would have won had it gone in.
>>
>>69410510
But diving is against the rules
It's taking advantage of poor enforcement of the rules
>>
>>69410599
>But diving is against the rules
So is handball.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhe_l1h3w8
When will Nigels pay for their crimes?
>>
>>69410442
Nah, henry 100% cheated. If he got caught, then it wouldn't be cheating because it would be a regular handball and surely a yellow for him
>>
>>69410638
We've paid enough.
>>
>>69410622
so is fouling
>>
>>69410596
You're missing the point
Ghana still had a chance to win
A great chance
They failed
Suarez did what his team needed him to do

>>69410566
You're equating a game with real world consequences
Stop that
>>
>>69410709
I think if you'd ask any Ghana player they'd rather be injuried than not have that goal.
>>
>>69410709
>Ghana still had a chance to win
They got a 100% sure goal changed to a 70% ish sure goal. Yes they still had a great chance to win, yes Gyan fucked it up but it should not have come to that situation in the first place if it wasn't for Suarez's cheating.
>>
>>69410622
Sadly diving rarely carded unlike handball.
How many times CR diving and complain in this euro
>>
>>69410622
Legal way to stop the ball, provided a pk and red card
Just like fouling on a counter attack, provided sometimes someone gets a yellow card for doing so
>>
Maradona = Cheating
Suarez = Professional foul
>>
>>69410784
>Legal way to stop the ball
It's completely illegal you cunt, if it was legal then there wouldn't be a punishment for it.
>>
Ok, so now I think I understand. The issue here is conceptual.

Some people(mainly euros) define any action against the rules done with the intention of getting an advantage as "a cheat", "unfair", "completely unacceptable". It is a somewhat iurist definition, because it is absolute and impersonal. In that frame of reference, what Suarez did was completely unacceptable and the result shouldn't have been allowed(or something along those instances).

I think the issue has two parts:
On one hand, using that metric, you should(somehow) eliminate all tactical fouls from the game, a line of action that is as retarded as it is impossible.
On the other hand, there is a rulebook in football for a reason. That reason is to make the game fair. There are a series of punishable instances in the game. They are punishable because they create an advantage for X team. The idea of the punishment is to negate that advantage. You can discuss how well that is made, but, in this particular case, you do have to recognize it was fair. Fair not as a subjective term that depends on what you think, no, no. Fair as in a punishable action that exists within the ruleset was punished accordingly.

I think the discussion would have some ground if what Suarez did would have been something completely out of the ordinary, like, I don't know, biting a player, or putting a finger on their ass. Those are actions that barely exist in the ruleset, because the ruleset barely considers them(they fall into 'agression without the ball'). As it barely considers them, I think they can be outrageous and deserving of extraordinary punishment. Those, yes. But a handball? Come on, that is explicitly put on the rules. More, even, the Suarez situation is explicitly on the ruleset. That is to be expected on a game, as the punishment it deserves. Ergo, what happened in that match was fair.
>>
>>69410808
Maradona = Cheating
Suarez = Cheating

>>
Not too arsed either way. He got red carded, Ghana had an opportunity to win, but they didn't make the best of it,

A few World Cups ago the same thing happened to the US and no call was given. No red card, no penalty, no nothing.
>>
>>69410840
I fully agree with you, good breakdown of the situation
>>
>>69410840
>Somehow tries to rationalize breaking the rules so it doesn't look so bad
The punishment during the game was "fair" but he should have been banned for a couple of months afterwards
>>
>>69410739
Doubt they wouldn't have stuck their hand hand out
Can't tell me with the game on the line you or they wouldn't
>>
>>69410814
If you can't have that professional foul you shouldn't have any professional fouls
>>
>>69410995
Considering how often goals are scored with defenders on the line without going full Suarez scumbag, I think they get the benefit of the doubt.
>>
The other option is allowing something like "penalty goals" like they do in rugby. However, you'd need technology to know whether that ball would go in or out and it'd be pretty retarded.
>>
>>69410949
Isn't that unfair towards Suarez though?
He plays the game following the ruleset, right? It is explicit within the ruleset that the Ghana situation can happen and that it deserves a redcard and penalti. He did that and, following the rules, he left the game.
Why should he face anything else? What you propose would be to change the rules and retroactively apply them to every situation before the change. That, I cannot agree with.
>>
>>69410949
His actions had no outside repercussions other than the game and the next one, which he was suspended for already
>>
>>69411042
We shouldn't have professional fouls, there's nothing professional about it. Just cynical defenders who can't accept that they fucked up.
>>
>>69405485
Handballing in the penalty area = penalty

Stopping a clear goal by fouling = red card

And that's exactly what happened. I fail to see the issue here.
>>
>>69411134
Players get punished for extreme unsportsmanlike behaviour post-game all the time. Brutal fouls for example.

The rulebook is not supposed to cover every possible situation and every possible nuance.
>>
There is no loophole, an intentional handball in the area is a penalty and a red card, literally the highest form of punishment possible.

The fact that is intentional makes it a red card, if it didn't have intent it would have been just a penalty with no card. This was thought over when making the rules, it's no mystery.
>>
>>69411134
FIFA has the right to apply extra sanctions after every match to a player as they see fit.

Violating the rules in such a way is certainly more than enough reason for the extra sanctions.

>>69411139
You can't break the rules like he did and get away with only that minor punishment. He should not have been allowed to play for a long time after that.

Keep in mind I am consistent with my criteria, I don't think players like Pepe should still be playing football.
>>
>>69411064
Because for 99% of the game, it would make it worse for their team
Even if they miss the goal they're down a man

If it had happened in the 103 minute it would have been really stupid of him
But in the "stop them scoring or else", it's the team's best interest to keep the ball out at all costs

Different situations
Not incomparable like your previous posts though
>>
>>69411286
Two incomparable situations
You're comparing a game to real world consequences
>>
>>69411290
99%? It happened in the dying minutes of extra time so it's more like being left with 10 men for 1% of the game.
>>
>>69411252
Sir, stop trying to compare the game apples to real life oranges
>>
>>69411252
>>69411286
Yes, but those are for situations outside of the ruleset or situations that the ruleset barely considers.
A "handball in the penalti area with the intention of stopping a goal" is explicitly laid on the ruleset, as it is the punishment(redcard + penalti).
What would you even say to give him greater punishment? It was literally the perfect application of the ruleset. There is a degree of brutality in agression that can and should be punished. In a handball that doesn't exists. It is only a matter of ERA/NO ERA and intentional/not intentional.
>>
>>69411347
There's a "real world" consequence to violating the rules like he did and getting away with those comparatively minor penalties, for example it doesn't discourage players from doing it again.
>>
>>69411385
Suarez's situation was in the 1%
Not sure what you're complaining about
>>
>>69411417
see >>69411418
You simply cannot break the rules like that and get away with only the rulebook in-match penalties which is why FIFA is allowed to issue sanctions.

Stopping a goal like he did is a clear case for those sanctions. Players simply cannot do that sheer lack of sportsmanship and except not to be severely punished for it.
>>
>>69411496
You should have said "99% of the time" then.
>>
>>69411286

>You can't break the rules like he did and get away with only that minor punishment.

You can't have post-match sanctions for tactical fouls like Suarez', it's really no different from the defender that decides to tackle a forward to stop a counter in exchenge for a free-kick and a card.

If you punished Suarez for that, you'd have to punich every tactical foul ever in every match regardless of how relevant that match is.

A red card and a penalty is a huge deal already and we wouldn't be having this discussion if the nigger hadn't choked.
>>
>>69411418
He got a red card

And players should in that case stick their hand out
>>
>>69411538
No I shouldn't have
>>
Nobody cares that the foul which allowed the free kick was totaĺly refballed and also during the play there were like two offsides that FIFA referees decided to ignore. Suarez did the right thing. He stopped the bad guys from winning and the world got butthurt'd
>>
>>69411569
He got a red card in the end of the game.

Extra sanctions are issued on a case by case basis especially if the in-match punishment wasn't severe enough.

This is a clear-cut case for sanctions.

>>69411558
What Suarez did wasn't a technical foul.

He reached for the ball. With his hands. On the goal line. In a football match.
>>
>>69411638

>muh black panthers
>muh hope of africa
>all those cucks crying

It felt great
>>
>>69411638
>FIFA referees decided to ignore
muh fifa against uruguay meme, come on nigga
>>
>>69411692
Tactical
And yes it was
>>
>>69411692

>He reached for the ball. With his hands. On the goal line. In a football match.

How is that different from grabbing a forward's shirt you can't reach to stop the attack?

Both are intentional fouls where the player decides the sanction for the illegal action is preferrable to allowing the game to continue. If you want to punish tactical fouls more severely that's ok, but there is no difference between what Suarez did and what a defender may do to stop a counter for example.
>>
>>69411732
It's a violation of the game in the same way assaulting an opponent without the ball is.

These are the kind of cases that merit extra sanctions when they are reviewed on a case by case basis, not to mention due to this >>69411385
>>
>>69411692
>He reached for the ball. With his hands. On the goal line. In a football match.
Handball?
Yes.(consider foul)
Intentional?
Yes.(Foul)
Inside the penalti area?
Yes.(The foul is a penalti)
Stopping a clear scoring chance?
Yes.(Penalti + red card)

Every single instance you complain about is considered and has a punishment. What is the agravant? In the case of agression it exists the concept of 'degree of aggresion' that you can analyze and punish post game. In this case, however, there is an objective criteria laid out.
>>
>>69411872
>How is that different from grabbing a forward's shirt you can't reach to stop the attack?
The difference is that the former would have surely resulted in a goal 100% of the times, while the latter wouldn't result in a goal 100% of the times.
>>
>>69411901
Sometimes it works out for offending team
Doesn't mean it should be changed

And that guy misinterpreted my post
>>
>>69411711
>b-b-but it's t-true
Also remember urgay vs memelands. 11 refballs in favour of memelands, 1 in favour of urgay. Like seri>>69411732
ously not fixed at all.
>>
>>69411937
Kicking an opponent in the head while he doesn't have the ball is also considered in the rulebook and also subject to extra sanctions post match just like he should have been
>>
>>69411976
Until the goal is given, no need to act as though it has
Otherwise you've thrown the entire game out of balance
>>
>>69411976
>>69411116
>>
>>69412032
>>69412032
I'll repeat the last line of my last post.
In the case of agression it exists the concept of 'degree of aggresion' that you can analyze and punish post game.
>>
>>69412003
>Sometimes it works out for offending team
This time it didn't which is why these are reviewed on a case by case basis.

>>69412060
The goal was a given.

>>69412066
It can be easily seen post-match, when FIFA deliberates on sanctions, that the goal was a given.

I agree with you on the technology to actually see it during the match

>>69412090
FIFA can also give out sanctions for acts of extreme lack of sportsmanship which was the case.
>>
>>69411976

>The difference is that the former would have surely resulted in a goal 100% of the times, while the latter wouldn't result in a goal 100% of the times.

That's completely irrelevant for post-match sanctions that consider the aggression and intention. Suarez' bitting Chiellini was irrelevant for the game and yet he got 10 matches.

Suarez' handball was harmless and the intention is exactly the same as a tactical foul: to alter the flow of a game through an intentional foul.

If you plan to start issuing post-match sanctions to players that commit tactical fouls then it would be alright, if you just want to use it for Suarez' handball then you are being unfair since you are confusing two elements: how much is the game changed through that action (which is dealt with the penalty and red card) and how aggresive and unsportmanlike was the action (which is dealt with fines and post-match sanctions).

And, as I said, if you want to sanction Suarez for the handball, there is no objective reason not to sanction every player that commits a tactical foul since the anti-football spirit and intent is exactly the same, and that's what matters in the post match sanctions, not the likelihood of the denied goal, which is sanctioned through penalties and red cards.
>>
File: Neuer the destroyer.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Neuer the destroyer.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>69409581
It wasn't a penalty because Neuer got the ball
>>
>>69412477
>That's completely irrelevant for post-match sanctions that consider the aggression and intention. Suarez' bitting Chiellini was irrelevant for the game and yet he got 10 matches.
FIFA sanctions players for acts of extreme foul play and lack of sportsmanship such as his bitting incidents and rightly so.

Suarez reaching for the ball with his hand to prevent a certain goal on the goal line is an extremely clear case of that.

You implying that other fouls >tactical fouls are on the same level doesn't make it true, football has always been a contact sport, but it has always been a given that reaching for the ball with your hand is strictly a no go in every single situation while the game is being played and not interrupted.
>>
>>69412198
You're taking this a step too far m8
Sanctions are not for and should not be for stuff like this
>>
>>69412774
Sanctions are precisely for these abominable displays of disregard for the core principles of the game.

Especially in the cases when the in-match punishment wasn't enough which was the case >>69411901
>>
>>69412762
>FIFA sanctions players for acts of extreme foul play and lack of sportsmanship such as his bitting incidents and rightly so.
Yeah because if you do something reckless and try to injure someone or don't care if you do then something needs to be done about it

Not this though
>>
>>69412839
Uh no
Real life consequences remember
A game result isn't one
>>
>>69412874
>>69412921
Let me re-iterate: FIFA sanctions players for acts of extreme foul play and lack of sportsmanship, especially in the cases when the in-match punishment wasn't enough which was the case.
>>
>>69412762

>Suarez reaching for the ball with his hand to prevent a certain goal on the goal line is an extremely clear case of that.

Nope, who did Suarez endanger by that? Where is the aggresion?

>reaching for the ball with your hand is strictly a no go in every single situation while the game is being played and not interrupted.

So all intentional handballs deserve a post-match sanction? or only if they are inside the area?

Remember: free-kicks, penalties and cards "balance" the advantage of fouls in the field. That's why they are issued for tactical fouls and regular, non-intentional fouls.

Post-match sanctions deal with very different things.
>>
>>69413141
All intentional handballs like the one that Suarez did, especially at the end of the game where being down to 10 doesn't even matter so the in-game punishment is essentially irrelevant, should and must be sanctioned.
>>
>>69413331

>especially at the end of the game where being down to 10 doesn't even matter so the in-game punishment is essentially irrelevant

How is that different from stopping a forward in a counter with an intentional foul in the last minutes? You keep mixing stuff.

Imagine, it's the last play of the game, there's 3 forwards and 1 defender. The defender decides to grab the forward and stop the play at all costs: he gets a red card and the other team a shitty free-kick they miss. The defender's team is extremely benefitted by this because a 3 vs 1 counter is an almost sure goal.

Would you issue a post-match sanction to the defender because of this? if they did it in at the start of the game, would you also sanction it?
>>
>>69413591
Almost sure isn't a sure goal which is the situation we're discussing. It's fundamentally different.
>>
>>69413671
No there isn't
If the ball hasn't crossed the line no goal has been scored
Acting otherwise is more of a violation than what you think this is
>>
>>69413671

Weren't you punishing Suarez unsportmanlike intent? why do you care about the likelihood of the goal?
>>
>>69413752
It can be shown post match during the deliberation of sanctions that no course of action could have prevented that ball from entering.

Pretending otherwise is grasping at straws.

>>69413762
Because stopping a goal that is a given by deflecting the ball with your hands is an example of unsportmanlike intent of the highest possible order along with assaulting players without the ball.
>>
>>69413933

If what you care is the unsportmanlike event, if Suarez had clearly tried to stop the ball with his hands and failed, should he be sanctioned anyway? What about Fucile?

>stopping a goal that is a given by deflecting the ball with your hands is an example of unsportmanlike intent of the highest possible order along with assaulting players without the ball.

We'll just have to disagree.
>>
>>69405940
Pierre isnt a nigger name Alexis
>>
>>69406170
One of my favourites questions regarding footbal is: if you had a chance to score the last minute winning goal in the final of either the WC or the CL, but that meant that you would break your leg, never play a game in the rest of your life and limp for the rest of your life, would you do it?
>>
>>69414195
>If what you care is the unsportmanlike event, if Suarez had clearly tried to stop the ball with his hands and failed, should he be sanctioned anyway?
Of course he should.
>>
>>69414311
For a world cup - of course. You'd be a fucking martyr. A legend.
>>
Haven't seen a thread this civilized in a while.
We did it, reddit!
>>
>>69414311
>WC
Sure. You'll be a hero for the motherland, a legend for the game (like a famous actor dying on stage, etc.)

>CL
Lol no, fuck off
>>
>>69414738
Being a dick is not a crime
>>
This semen slurping sport is not for me. What a fucking atrocity. Everything is debatable, loopholes after loopholes, they dont update the sport with advances in technology, too corruptable, boring as fuck...
>>
>>69408425
>Suarez is a terrible person
He really isn't.
>>
>>69420283
Idea of the day: go fuck yourself then.
>>
>>69411901
>It's a violation of the game in the same way assaulting an opponent without the ball is.

No, it's a violation of the rules. Not of the game. Foul play is part of the game. Maradona has been trying to explain this to the English for 3 decades now. They're still working on it.
>>
File: 1465951151898.jpg (21 KB, 485x318) Image search: [Google]
1465951151898.jpg
21 KB, 485x318
the butthurt overload in this thread is amazing

ya'll saying he cheated are a bunch of pansy negros de mierda
>>
>>69405485

suarez is a piece of shit

i unironically hope he dies

same with maradona
>>
>>69410106
It's not cheating, he was one penalized within the rules of the game. Next.
>>
>>69423792

he turned a %100 chance goal into a penalty fucktard

fuck you

kys you pathetic faggot
>>
>>69405564
South Americans play as dirty as their drug gangs
>>
>>69424331

*unzips collection of spanish NT dives*
>>
>>69405485

I truly despise Suarez with a passion, but I will say just one thing:

The rules say a deliberate handball blocking a goal should result in a red card and a penalty kick. Suarez got a red card and Ghana got a penalty kick. What rules got abused? In what way was Ghana cheated? What did Suarez do that went unpunished? What laws of the game were violated?

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. Ghana got their penalty kick and Suarez got sent off. They choked and couldn't capitalize. That's not being cheated. End of story.
>>
>>69405564
i agree completely. smartest handball i've ever seen. aside from maybe hand of god, and germany doing a suarez against the u.s. and getting away with it because 2002 world cup refs were all corrupt.
>>
>>69406999
nice get, incidentally.

also, why are we all so old now.

what happened.
>>
>>69409884
It was a professional foul, plain and simple.
>>
I wouldn't consider it cheating anymore than a defender kicking the ball out of play is cheating
>>
>>69409884
It's not against the rules, the rules are handballs that prevent goals warrant a red card and a penalty, he was red-carded and a a penalty was given.
>>
From this moment, I am hereby certain that anyone who argues that he "cheated" is trolling. No way people can still insist this after post after post after post of common sense prove otherwise.
>>
>it's okay because he got punished for it
following that logic it's okay to murder someone as long as the murderer gets punished for it
>>
>>69409393
Theyre betas who have never played a sport in their life
>>
>>69426082
What are consequences retard
>>
>>69426068

Personally I think that everyone that argues that or is mad about Suarez' handball in general is either a nigger or a huge cuck.
>>
>>69426082
So it's not "okay' as if that's a statement that has any value and the take away from your dumb example is that you think ex post facto law is appropriate.
>>
>>69426082
No, these people think that if a murderer gets sentenced then he is no longer a murderer because he was punished for it.
>>
>Simple Definition of cheat
>to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something
Suarez cheated, deal with it.
>>
>>69426419
And he was punished according to the rules
It's not his fault gyan missed the penalty
>>
>>69426461
>And he was punished according to the rules
So? He still cheated.
>>
Reminder that the free kick that Ghana used to get into this situation came from a dive.
>>
Are convicted rapists and paedophiles suddenly not rapists and paedophiles because they were punished according to the rules? Are you people for real?
>>
>>69405655
Nope, because then you get discussions about the punishment being too severe when someone accidentally gets the ball on his hand, but has to go off regardless.

Suarez got sent off, it only worked out in the most glorious manner possible, since it was literally the last kick of the game, meaning Uruguay would not have to play a single second of live play with a man down and with Gyan missing the penalty.

Rules shouldn't be changed because of an extreme twist of fortune. Giving a goal when the ball never crossed the line and still hand out the red is ridiculous.

>>69407219
If Kane did this and won England the World Cup with it, he'd have had a statue next to every football stadium in the country.
>>
>>69426586
>If Kane did this and won England the World Cup with it, he'd have had a statue next to every football stadium in the country.
Sure but Kane would still be a cheat regardless of how many statues of him gets built.
>>
>>69426602
Nobody would hold that against him though. And Kane wouldn't be anymore of a cheat than everybody ever doing a foul then.
>>
>>69426625
Fouls, handballs or whatever can be intentional or accidental, the former are cheats, the latter just had bad luck.
>>
>>69426641
Disagree. There's professional fouling to stop counter attacks where you're berated if you don't do it.

You're a cheat if you use doping, if you bribe officials, rival teams.

Handling the ball to stop a goal. Not so much. That's in the name of the game. And Suarez was punished for it.
>>
>>69426676
There is no such thing as a professional foul, most pundits and commentators nowadays call it what it is, a cynical foul.

Go look up the definition of what a cheat is, if you break the rules to gain advantage then you're a cheat, end of story.
>>
>>69426485
>Are convicted rapists and paedophiles suddenly not rapists and paedophiles because they were punished according to the rules? Are you people for real?

Errrr no?
Are you Brits this fucking stupid?
If you wipe a dirty dish it is no longer a dirty dish. I don't expect Britfats to know this. You don't have dishes, you just eat baked beans from a can. fucking arrogant animals. I could walk to your house, break into your 10 year old sister bedroom, and put my dick into her, then I could avoid paying tax for my entire Barcelona career so the health service cannot fund her vagina replacement. If I went to prison, and was punished I am not a rapist anymore.

If you fix a broken clock it is not a broken clock

Or in british terms

If you throw up a digested 'baked beans on toast' it is not a 'digested baked beans on toast'
If you destroy your 'strong currency' by voting to leave EU it is no longer a strong currency
If you destroy a language but replace every 4th word with 'banter' it is no longer a beautiful language

Things change, you stupid idiot. Suarez was punished so he isn't a cheat now. He is a winner though. Unlike Britain.
>>
>>69426685
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>69426683
>There is no such thing as a professional foul, most pundits and commentators nowadays call it what it is, a cynical foul.

Same thing, different term.

>Go look up the definition of what a cheat is, if you break the rules to gain advantage then you're a cheat, end of story.

Then normal fouls makes you a cheat as well. Doesn't matter how you break the rules, just that you do. This desire to overly vilify Suarez for a in-game foul is nonsense.
>>
>>69414311
Yes i would do that for my club.

The wc? pff fuck the wc. If i was a professional footballer i would refuse to play for my country and would go on vacations in order to be rested and fit for the next season.
>>
>>69426710
>Then normal fouls makes you a cheat as well
Well yeah, if you DELIBERATELY foul someone that means you cheated.
>>
>>69409393
It's basically the Hack-A-Shaq strategy applied to soccer.
>>
>>69426722
see
>This desire to overly vilify Suarez for a in-game foul is nonsense.
Most every player who ever played has been a cheat by your measure so why go on about Suarez?
>>
>>69426735
Because this thread is about Suarez?
>>
>>69426737
So you're juts banally pointing out that suarez did what everyone does with no judgement attached?
>>
>>69426722
There's no need to highlight deliberate. It's irrelevant. Fouling someone = breaking the rules.
Either everybody is a cheat or nobody is a cheat.

What can be said for certain is that Suarez doesn't deserve to be vilified for it, others aren't in similar situations.
>>
>>69426757
If anyone else did what Suarez did then they would still be cheating.

>>69426759
Nobody is vilifying Suarez, I'm just triggered by the people who think that a deliberate goal line handball to deny a 100% goal to the other team is not cheating because

>he got caught and was punished for it
>ghana dived to get that free kick (which means that they're also cheats)
>gyan missed the penalty
>ghana are a bunch of niggers

NO, like how the fuck are they even related? On that night and at that minute Suarez cheated, nothing more nothing less.
>>
lol

fucking dindus
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.