[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't darts in the Olympics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Why isn't darts in the Olympics?
>>
File: dawebster.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
dawebster.gif
2 MB, 320x180
why isn't bowling in the Olympics?
>>
>south American darts crowds
I can't even imagine this
>>
>>69398491
>>69398528
Bar games are not sports
>>
>Fat, drunk Irishmen/Englishmen wandering around the olympic village among NBA players and world-class athletes, singing loudly while downing cans of beer

I would love to see that happen.
>>
>>69398528

We need both this and darts in some kind of crossover competition.

Imagine PDW bantering with Ted Hankey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA30HyzUuDw
>>
If archery is there I don't see why not.
>>
>>69398542
They have table tennis.
>>
>>69398734
Great song choice for darts...
>>
>>69398536
kek
>>
Darts is fucking crazy in the UK.

When I visited for a month that's all they talk about over there in the pubs (aside from footy, of course).

The way an American sports fan will debate Brady/Manning, they debate darts players.

Darts also has its version of full kit wankers, with people dressing like Phil Taylor, Andy Fordham, etc.

Amazing experience. 10/10.
>>
>>69398850
Nice story. Complete bollocks, of course.
>>
>>69398903

>The live coverage on Sky Sports Darts reached over four million viewers across the 14 days of the William Hill World Darts Championship, including a record audience of more than 1.7 million for the thrilling final between Anderson and Phil Taylor.

Only other sport that can outdraw that in the UK is soccer.

For comparison, here's the Ashes final day ratings:

>Sky Sports guards its viewing figures closely, but I have discovered that Saturday’s enthralling final day had a TV audience of 467,000.

The UK is darts mad!
>>
>>69398972
What's this got to do with people apparently dressing up as darts players?
>>
>>69399005

To be fair, I visited a darts centric pub. Porters Lodge.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.