[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Sweden rate Larsson ahead of Ibra? Larsson scored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: swedes.jpg (446 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
swedes.jpg
446 KB, 1024x698
Why doesn't Sweden rate Larsson ahead of Ibra? Larsson scored at every major tournament he was in, was a decent part of the squad that finished 3rd place in 94, and had a fantastic 2002 WC. Ibra never came close internationally to Larssons 2002 World Cup, and yet they act like he's the greatest.

I mean, he got outclassed by a washed up Shevchenko who was two games away from retirement at Euro 2012
>>
>>69381854
oh and before any Swedes come in and go "i-it's a team game", Ibra was marking Shevchenko on the corner where he scored his second goal.
>>
ibra is more memeful than larsson so normies love him more

but yeah you're right
>>
>>69381923
it's late in Sweden so i might remake this when they're on cause I genuinely want to know why they put Ibra on a pedestal and forget about Larsson besides him being a meme
>>
>>69381854
>M-muh waste my prime years at Celtic guy
He should have moved on from Celtic at his prime days. Wasted potential. Whilst Ibra played in top clubs all his life, winning league titles every year except one, where Jewentus bought the title ahead of Milan.
>>
>>69389386
and yet Larsson had the far better international career
>>
>>69389442
He played with far better players than Ibra ever did. -94 team had players from top leagues and some top teams. Current Sweden and 10 years back has had players in German second league, championship, Greek league, Turkish league and swedish league. And most of those players were benchwarmers. Some have been decent players like Ljungberg and so on, but people tend to forget that Ljungberg was also shit playing with Sweden, why? Because the 11 man team has been abysmal.
>>
because women like how Ibra looks
>>
>>69390043
But Larsson had better performances when they were playing on the same team. Don't forget the Ibra penalty miss in 2004
>>
>>69390067
No he didn't. A missed penalty is hardly enough to demean his accomplishments. Ibra is the greatest footballer Sweden has seen and it's not even something that's up for debate. Did our manager suck his dick and made Sweden suffer as a team for it? Obviously, but that can't really be blamed on Ibra can it. No player should ever go against the coach, it would have just made things worse. Besides, Larsson was a benchplayer at -94.
>>
>>69390877
Larsson had 3 goals that tournament and made his penalty. Ibra had 2 goals and missed his penalty (if he made it, you would have went through)

Larsson was one of only three people to score in open play vs Italy in 00. Larssons 2002 World Cup destroys anything Ibra did internationally. I mean shit, Larsson even scored in the 2006 World Cup.

Meanwhile Ibra got outshined by the corpse of Shevchenko in 2012
>>
>>69381854
Larson was fucking worldy should have left Celtic earlier would have been a far better player for it, was top class in 2002 though
>>
>>69381854
Because they watched them both play and didn't just discover them on Wikipedia
>>
File: Gunnar Nordahl.jpg (21 KB, 250x293) Image search: [Google]
Gunnar Nordahl.jpg
21 KB, 250x293
>Zlatan is the best player in swedish history xDD

t. culture marxist that have never heard about GRENOLI
>>
>>69381854
because hahaha ibra so crazy haha ibra is joining manchester not manchester signing ibra haha big strong elite gypsy statpadder trust me guys i know football he's really good xd
>>
>>69381854
Larsson always appeared to be a good guy, Ibrahim is a huge asshole.
>>
ibrahimovic is perfect for all these 15 year old idiots who would love to suck his dick, they were born in 2001 and are too lazy to do a bit of research, fucking idiots

so yeah, as this guy mentioned before, larsson destroys anything ibra did
>>
>>69381854
>le score bicycLe kicks in irrelevant games manxD
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>mfw GRENOLI got btfo by Pele
>mfw they think Larsson is better than Ibra
Seriously, he won Serie A with three different teams. Juve was a top squad, Inter hadn't won anything for more than a decade, Milan was in Ibra's shadow for the entirety of his stay at previously mentioned clubs.
>But GRENOLI
They where lucked out to come out of Sweden who were not fucked by WW2. Ibra took himself out of fucking Muslimville to the world stage, although all of Jante-Sweden told him to fuck off.
>>
>>69391078
>yfw he let Shevchenko score a corner and outperform him two games before retirement
>yfw he missed a penalty in Euro 2004 that would have secured the game
>yfw Larsson let them to a draw vs Englel including a 90th minute goal in 2006
>yfw Larsson scored in every major tournament he played in, including 1994
>yfw Larsson never had a performance as useless as Ibra this year
>yfw
>>
>>69391112
*led them to a draw

and take a guess who wasn't playing that day
>>
>>69381854
Ibra has like 8 goals in 40 CL knockout games, absolute meme player
>>
>>69389386

Celtic was a relevant team when Larsson was there. They were paying comparable wages to top European clubs (£50k p/w) at the time. It's only relatively recently when the astronomical increase in players' wages started and all clubs outside the EPL and a handful in Europe became the economical elite.
>>
Zlatan has won 10 Guldbollar, awarded to the best swedish player.
Henrik Larson 2. No one else has won more than 2.
>>
>>69391221
Those awards were all for his performance for clubs and because Larsson was in Scotland, he can't compare to Larsson internationally whatsoever.
>>
>>69391078
Won the Scudetto with a team that was cheating went to Inter who was handed the league thanks to not being caught in their cheating.

Serie A after calciopoli was and is still pretty irrelevant
>>
>>69381854
NICKY LARSON
NICKY LARSON
>>
>>69391232
Doesnt matter if it was in Scotland. It's still for the best Swedish player, so obviously there were better swedes than Larsson. And you people claim he was better than Ibra. Top laugh mate.

>>69391208
7th all time top scorer, tied with Schevchenko
3rd all time assist
1st for most red cards
>>
>>69391275
When has Ibra had a better international showing than Larsson in 2002 or 2004?

And 8 goals in 40 knockout games is an embarrassment
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x224
>football hipsters
>>
>>69391289
2004 would'nt even have happened if it hadn't been for Zlatan, especially the backheel against Italy.
>>
>>69391362
it also would have continued if he didn't sky the penalty in the shootout, guess who made his?

Larsson literally scored in every major international tournament he played in while Ibra was disappearing like this year or couldn't mark the corpse of Shevchenko in 2012
>>
>>69391078
lol you're praising him for not being loyal

he's a fucking moneywhore

also: chiellini killed him
>>
>>69391078
Zlatan has ruined any kind of chance of swedish success for the last 7 years or so.

>Always need the ball
>Hamrén forces players to ALLWAYS pass Zlatan despite it being the worst alternative. If you don't pass Zlatan at all times you will get replaced by sandniggers like Zengin and Durmaz because they love to suck Zlatans dick
>Always standing 5 meters offside
>Can't run, even in a 1v1 situation where he got some meters on the defender, he will stop and let the other team come home and defend
>Will always try to do some retarded shit at the edge of the box, lose the ball, strech his hands out to the sides and not help get the ball back he just lost

Larsson played simple, effective and for the team.

Hell I would even say Allbäck was better for Swedens success than Zlatan.

But I guess you are just anpther one of them JOGA BONITO ROSENGÅRD BROR types that don't actually understand that when your a small country with lacking qualities, you need to work as a team - see Island, not as a one man show
>>
But did you see those stats at PSG OP? Did you?
That's all that matters to those runts.
>>
Ibra rates Larsson above him just sayin
>>
>>69391534
Um Larsson never had a 90 Fifa card.
>>
>>69391534
Is this true? I honestly can't believe he would put someone else above him, specifically a countryman
>>
>stat padder in a two team league
>vs. a league champion with 6~ different clubs
>>
>It's Ibra's fault all other teammates suck donkey dick
Of course it is mates. That's why sweden yes
>>
>>69391552
>unironically calling someone else a statpadder in a conversation about Ibra

Larsson came on as a sub in the CL final past his peak and won the game for Barcelona, when has Ibrahimovic done that in a CL final?
>>
>>69391551
oh shit my memory was blurry

he actually said Larsson was the best forward he played together
>>
They're both top class. Larsson was prettier on the pitch though.

>>69391489
They're pretty impressive as a matter of fact.
>>
>>69391636
Ah yes, very impressive doing big numbers when your team is 5 times better than second.
>>
>>69381854
Larsonn isn't the best Swedish player and neither is Ibra

That award belongs to either Gunnar Nordahl or Nils Liedholm
>>
>>69391681
I never said he was, I asked why Swedes rated Ibra ahead of Larsson despite Larsson performing far better for the NT
>>
>>69391674
Nice meme.
>>
>>69390877
>Ibra is the greatest footballer Sweden has seen and it's not even something that's up for debate
Not even close
Gunnar Nordahl an Nils Liedholm existed after all
>>
>>69391078
>mfw GRENOLI got btfo by Pele
More like GRELI since Nordahl was retired from International Football by then and didn't play in 1958

And being btfo by the best player of all time is no shame
Ibra couldn't even dream of making it to a WC Final
>>
>>69391825
Nordahl.. Don't forget that athletes get better as time goes on, they don't get worse

A 1950 Nordahl wouldn't have a chance against the 2016 defenders
So - shouldn't you praise the players that were able to score tons of goals against these 200x defenders (Larsson, NOT Ibra)?
>>
>>69391275
Past-it Shevchenko beat Ibra at the Euro's
Ibra doesn't even begin to compare to a Prime Shevchenko who was destroying big teams left and right in Champions League
>>
>>69391579
Let's be honest the ref won Barca that game
>>
>>69392047
Larsson came on, got two assists, and changed the game

You said Ibra couldn't dream of making it to a WC final, forget that, he couldn't dream of making it to a CL final
>>
because larsson played in the >scottish """premier""" league all his life
>>
>>69392097
Yes and when he played for Barcelona/United/International tournaments he was class

When has Ibrahimovic won a CL final for his club?
>>
>>69392013
5 times capocannonieri motherfucker
If it was so easy other strikers at the time would have achieved it

He also won Sweden the Olympics(but sadly never participated in a World Cup)

As for in "muh today's game" I think he'd fair just fine because he was tall and very strong physically
>>
You can't take some cunt who plays at Celtic seriously.
>>
>>69392149
see
>>69392113

We're not talking about a babby like Kris Boyd or osme shit
>>
>be henrik larsson
>be top class striker
>waste your career at celtic, feyenoord and helsingborgs anyway

lmao the absolute madman
>>
>>69392085
He was hardly a key-player for Barca in the rest on the games

And it was fucking Arsenal...come on...even Ibra scored 2 goals against them for Barca and destroyed them when he was playing for Milan

>inb4 but Arsenal was stronger back then
It doesn't matter Arsenal are chokers
>>
>>69392215
Still were much better back then and Larsson had an amazing performance in a game more relevant than Ibra ever played in
>>
>>69392230
In a game where Barca probably wouldn't have won if not for the ref

Easy to play against 10 men most of the game
>>
>>69392245
im not sure what youre implying. lehmann didnt deserve red?
>>
>>69392245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9g40mPUGsE#t=1m19

you can't downplay his performance that night
>>
>>69392267
Goal should've stood instead of giving Lehmann the red
That was absolute bullshit

>>69392274
He came in and changed the game when he was fresh and every Arsenal players was tired as fuck...you're greatly exaggerating the performance
>>
ronaldinho was invisible in that final
and barcelona did nothing even with an extra player on the pitch

the player that did most overall was ljungberg
henry the big game bottler missed two sitters
>>
>>69392318
Was Henry exaggerating it as well?

The fact is he won a CL for Barca that night while Ibra never got close
>>
Better than fat Ronaldo.

Won a CL, so he must be, right?
>>
>>69392355
Well no, Ronaldo had more success for his national team than Larsson

Ibra? I can't say the same
>>
>muh CL
So Henry is also a subpar striker, right? I mean he had to move to Barca to get carried to one just before retiring.
>>
>>69392372
Why are you acting like him winning the CL is the basis of the argument? That didn't even come into play until recently, didn't even bring it up in the OP
>>
>>69392376
What is then? NT performance, for a NT that didn't come close to winning anything with either of them?
>>
>>69392447
Nothing about Larsson being a better player than Ibra in the OP

Larsson did far more for Sweden than Ibra, but yet most of them rate Ibra higher. It's like for example if you rate Ribery higher than Griezmann despite Griezmann already oding more for the country, I wouldn't get it

Oh and they got 3rd in 94 with Larsson's shot off the crossbar leading to a goal vs Cameroon being the reason they made it out of groups
>>
>>69392479
and he scored the penalty to get them through to the semis
>>
>>69392479
Different teams though, and Ibra still scored a lot more than Larsson for the NT.
>>
>>69392579
Larsson was better than him in 2004 and 2006 and they were both playing

And in friendlies/qualifiers maybe. Larsson scored a goal at every international tournament he was at and had 9 total, Zlatan has 6. Ibra never played a tournament as good as Larsson in 2002 and Larsson never had one as useless as this year
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.