[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who go to Wimbledon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Are they actually tennis fans, or is it just the social occasion they're interested in, sort of like the people who go to Glastonbury, or the Monaco GP?

The Royal Box in particular seems to be attract a toxic bunch of attention-seeking freeloaders desperate to get their mug posted on Mail Online.
>>
>>69376332
are big tennis tournaments comfy or not comfy to attend
>>
>>69376332
The race-track at the Constantinople Hippodrome was U-shaped, and the Kathisma (emperor's loge) was located at the eastern end of the track. The Kathisma could be accessed directly from the Great Palace through a passage which only the emperor or other members of the imperial family could use.

sage
>>
>>69376332
both i guess
there are alot of people there who only see it as a publicity event
but there people aswell who are genuinely into tennis
>>
>>69376332
Idk how it is in Europe. But some of the most diehard NFL fans might have never been to a game. Tickets are expensive. Maybe not shitty market teams like Jaguars. But living in NYC, Giants section Z tickets start at $200 for one ticket. These places tend to out place out the real fans. It is a social status thing. Like white girls who end up instagramming things with #KentuckyDerby or #Game7. This is a true story. I have this one hoochie mama girl that I went to high school with. She ended up dating this old fuck millionaire. And she moved to Florida with him. It was just as Lebron went to Miami. She has so many pics of her in the front row of the finals, literally in the lockerrom. Some pics of her on Wades lap.
>>
I've noticed Wembley is becoming like this, seems to attract more soft as shite London socialfags than football fans.
>>
>>69376468
What's the most expensive sport to attend in the US? Is it NFL?
>>
>>69376817
Yes. NFL teams only play 16 regular season games a year, which means only 8 home games, which means the tickets are pretty scarce if you're a fan of an even semi-relevant team. Even the right to buy a ticket can cost a lot.

My uncle has season ticket rights for the 49ers that he bought back in the 70s. They're four mid-tier seats, not amazing but pretty good. With their new stadium and all of the tech money flowing in, he was offered $60,000 for his season ticket rights, which he turned down.
>>
Royal box is literally just for getting your mug out in public. There will be loads of genuine tennis fans there though. £25 aint much to go and watch the outside courts
>>
>>69376332
Centre court was half empty for the first few games of Murray's match so that tells you all you need to know
>>
>>69378127
I've noticed they soon flock from the main stadia once there's no meme players on court
>>
File: 20151125-london.jpg (315 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
20151125-london.jpg
315 KB, 675x380
>>69376468

>tfw paying £50 for decent seats to see muh Colts
>>
>>69376995
Is there a reason for this? It seems like most other professional sports in a similar league format play way more games, in the US and abroad (NBA, Soccer, Ice Hockey, Baseball etc.)

Is it perhaps a health issue, as Rugby in the UK only has 22 games a season, and, all memes aside, they're pretty similar in that you're colliding with massive guys on a regular basis. Is the risk of concussion or other injuries too high to play more, or is there another reason?
>>
>>69380012
Pretty much. Too much wear and tear and getting your shit pushed in to play more than once a week, and with all the equipment and everything, it's too hot to play in the summer in some areas, so it doesn't start until September.
>>
>>69380452
Do baseball teams play every night of the week?
>>
>>69380625
Sometimes. Usually 6 days a week.
>>
The ticket price isn't the issue, it's the fucking crazy prices they charge for a punnet of fucking strawberries. Felt like i'd been anally fisted.
>>
>>69376332
Well the ones on Centre Court/Court 1 are posers

Most proper tennis fans will be on the outside courts or watching small tournaments
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.