[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/box/- I like fight edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12
File: GGG.jpg (237 KB, 962x705) Image search: [Google]
GGG.jpg
237 KB, 962x705
Gennady GGG Golovkin confirmed to face Special mong Kell Brook at the o2 on the 10th September

I like Kell but I really think he is getting heemed here
>>
can't wait to see that overrated cunt knocked out

(talking about brook obviously)
>>
GGG in the UK will be hype

Eubank clearly pussied out of the deal lol
>>
>>69374172
No catch weight either. He's gonna get absolutely merked.
>>
>>69374202
yeah thought eubank jr wanted this fight
>>
File: Cmu68S1XEAAGf_K.jpg-large.jpg (44 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Cmu68S1XEAAGf_K.jpg-large.jpg
44 KB, 900x600
Jesus Christ, how much of a hypocrite can you be?

He's doing exactly, but exactly what Canelo did - fighting a damn welterweight, it's even worse that Canelo fought Khan at 154, GGG is going to decapitate Brook at 160.

We're talking about the guy who'd come as a favorite against any 154-164'er, but literally any.

>Povetin Wilder failed
>Fury-Klinchko delayed
>Canelo-GGG never
Kovalev-Ward is the last hope of boxing. And Crawford-Postol
>>
>>69374438
Literally no one wants him, apart from Andre Ward but he's moved up now.

Canelo ducked him so hard it was embarassing, the guy vacated his belts because he didn't want it
>>
>>69374438
while at it, we may as well crown Kovalev at very least as the number 1 fighter who's also a top 5 P4P'er. Fucking hell, what a story this guy has had in his life

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/life-after-death-the-toughest-fight-for-sergey-kovalev-191941119.html

this is SRR tier. I hope, I really hope he beats Ward in November, then Stevenson to unify and then somebody like Beterbiev/Gvozdyk/Shabrensky to defend all the belts and win. He'd be instant GOAT material with a great resume and a great backstory to boot.
>>
>>69374438

It's not really the same. Khan started his career at lightweight, got knocked out in every division he fought in and then faced Canelo, who got in the ring at about 175lbs.

Golovkin doesn't get in the ring much above the 160lbs limit and Kell Brook is a massive welterweight who's been struggling to make 147lbs for years. It isn't an outrageous mismatch if Kell can put the weight on sensibly.
>>
Hyped for seeing that piggy cunt Brook getting knocked the fuck out.
>>
>>69374686
ye, except there's 2 months until the fight, against the probably strongest P4P puncher in boxing, as his very first middleweight bout. Against a guy who feels very comfortable at 160. Like what do people even expect here? Brook winning here would be crazier than Douglas-Tyson
>>
>>69374275
he did, his dad fucked Eddie about
>>
>>69374159
Holy fuck did not see this coming at all.
>>
KELL BROOK, WTF? Thought it was gonna be Eubank.

That is crazy. Going from a soft defense in Vargas to this. Guess Brook wants to mirror Khan.
>>
>>69374159

So i told Kell Brook he should fight GGG and he actually did it.

The absolute madman.
>>
fuck ya, pretty sure this is going to be on regular HBO for us on the other side of the pond.
>>
>>69374551
>then Stevenson to unify
Never gonna happen.
>>
brook is big for his weight, and the same height as GGG, dont know why people think he will have a physical advantage
>>
>>69375150
>39 years old who's looking for one last good payday won't fight Kovalev after he becomes a superstar who attracts a lot of people
he will, even at 60-40, he will. Only way he won't is if Kovalev even after beating Ward won't become popular among the somewhat more casual fanbase/ He's already close to a star in Canada
>>
Another joke fight for bum Golovkin
>>
>>69375164
it's about being accustomed to fighting at said weight, not about your height/reach. If Brook took some tune-up fights and fought GGG in 1-2 years yes, but he'd be experiencing a whole new weight division (13 lbs above). And he hasn't fought anyone particularly heavy on fightnight in his career, even if you want to imply that he rehydrates a lot
>>
File: 1388862825870.png (355 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1388862825870.png
355 KB, 450x373
>GGG against a welterweight

Why not against those middleweight bums?
Just fight Jacobs or something.
>>
British fighters have the biggest balls
>>
File: tyson-fury-05.jpg (14 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
tyson-fury-05.jpg
14 KB, 450x300
>>69375278
>>69375278
You could even say THE HEAVIEST
>>
what does "heem" mean?
>>
File: 183431[1].jpg (2 MB, 4616x3060) Image search: [Google]
183431[1].jpg
2 MB, 4616x3060
not really a huge fan of brook but respect to both these guys for putting their records and belts on the line in a tough fight for both, either could have just kept stat padding and defending their bests vs easy guys so its nice we get to see this.

also posting the future GOAT Usyk
>>
>>69375271
Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank all avoided him. That just leaves the likes of Khurtsidze and N'Dam, who are solid fighters but won't bring much money or attention.
>>
>>69375320
heem sleepy m8
>>
>>69375341
It's sucks so fucking much.

But, didn't Eubank and his dad talk about fighting GGG like crazy?

Saunders, Jacobs, just step up.

Also, GGG have to try to force these fight. His camp can't go around all the time with "nobody want to fight us".
>>
>>69375376
>Also, GGG have to try to force these fight. His camp can't go around all the time with "nobody want to fight us".

When they are demanding absurd amounts of money that couldn't possibly be recuperated, what can K2 do? They're not a charity. Where are they going to get $4m for an opponent? Jacobs and Saunders should take $1m-$1.5m and be grateful to get a shot at the champ.
>>
>>69375424
>Jacobs and Saunders should take $1m-$1.5m and be grateful to get a shot at the champ.
How much do they make normally, anyone know that?

and you are probably right, it's fucking disgrace.
>>
>Talking about borepad punch on the day before an amazing UFC 200.
>>
>>69375501
kek im a manhug fan but id hardly call it an amazing card anymore. its about average for a numbered card after all the cancelled fights
>>
>>69375501
>ufc 200
shit, only fight worth a shit was jones vs cormier
>>
>>69375465
Jacobs got $1.5m against Quillin but the fight bombed and posted a loss. Apart from that he's never made more than $1m for a single fight. Saunders hasn't either.

Golovkin himself has never earned more than $2m in a single fight, but these fighters with smaller fanbases than him expect to be paid more than that to face him.
>>
>>69374159
>Gennady GGG Golovkin confirmed to face Special mong Kell Brook at the o2 on the 10th September

Kell Brook you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>69375583
GGG has no fanbase. He cannot sell tickets.
>>
I hope this doesn't ruin Kell's career. He is the best welterweight in my opinion
>>
>>69375672
Didn't he sell out the arena but can't sell ppv?
>>
>>69375672
That's wrong. His PPV flopped but he sells a lot of tickets in NYC and LA, and his HBO BAD ratings are among the highest.
>>
>>69375647
Maybe, but he'll also be a rich fucking idiot.And no one can give him any shit about not wanting the big fights anymore.

But I am quite disappointed with this tbf.There were so many good fights for him at 147 and I'm pretty sure he's never making Welterweight again.And he will really get splattered here, no bones about it, he could get seriously hurt.
>>
>>69375271
It's tough, man. He's avoided, that goes without saying but come on, surely they could have pulled something together.
>>
Well tbf kell brook is a massive welterweight, and GGG is not a huge middleweight.

Its a more competitive fight then Canelo-Khan.

Canelo probably weighed 180 in the ring vs a natural 140 pounder.
>>
>>69375501
You can be a fan of both sports dude. There's plenty heems to go around
>>
>>69375735
Haven't Lara called out GGG?

>>69375737
It's the same thing.
>>
Brooks better than people give him credit for

He wont beat GGG but it wont be a blow out
>>
>>69375756
>Lara vs GGG

I think HBO actually want people to buy their PPVs.
>>
>>69375756
No cares about Lara.
>>
>>69375756
lmao everyone and their mum has called out GGG but when its time to write the contract they all pull out. Latest was Eubank jr
>>
>>69375767
He might beat GGG if they were the same size. But Golovkin will simply be too big and powerful.

It's Crawford-Gamboa all over again.
>>
I wonder what Brook's game plan for this fight will be exactly. With all that extra weight his speed is going to fucking plummet.
>>
>>69375945
I guess he will have to slip punches and land counters in the pocket, since his legs aren't great and he has less range than Golovkin. I don't really see any scenario in which he survives the distance desu. It won't be a spectular KO like Canelo-Khan, Brook is just going to get worn down and beaten up.
>>
>>69375501
ufc is gay
>>
Wonder why Eddie is throwing Brook to the wolves. There's literally no way he's going to win, he's a fucking division smaller, what an absolutely shit matchup.
>>
>>69376625
I think Brook is close to leaving Hearn because he hasn't been getting big fights for him. Well, this is a big fight.
>>
>>69376625

Despite being undefeated he's not really a big draw, your casual sports fan has no idea who he is
>>
>>69375150
Sad desu

I hope that GGG beats the living shit out of Brook
>>
File: Box_g_mtayts_300.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Box_g_mtayts_300.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
I want Brook to get physically beaten like Taylor in his fight with Chavez, but with GGG ahead on the cards.
>>
>>69375774
Thats one of the few entertaining matchups you canmake with Lara. Would watch him fight Andrade
>>
>>69376625
A loss builds his name. The guys already been attcaked by a machete wielder
>>
>>69378328
>your casual sports fan has no idea who he is

Which is a shame because he's a better than meme Khan
>>
How was Whyte in his last fight lads? Any chance of making a proper comeback?
>>
>>69379454
Khan looked good against Alvarez, better than ive ever seen him. Brook vs Khan is still excellente
>>
>>69379466
Who is there for the chap to fight. Nah
>>
>>69379495
Seems like he'll be fighting Chisora before too long - if he leaves that, maybe he'll have a shot at one of the top fighters again? Or get a bout against an up-and-comer like Parker?
>>
>>69379589
Ah forgot about Chisora. Thats a watchable fight.
>>
Brook has no chance of winning
>>
where in the actual fuck did this fight come from
>>
>>69374159
Holy fucking shit lmao.

Kell Brook is going to fucking die.

Why is Eubank Jr such a faggot? Why is his dad such a fucking faggot?
>>
>>69374159
Brook get rekt khan style
>>
daily reminder.
kovalev >>> GGG
>>
Based Brook, shits on Khan. Not sure how he can win this but he'll just drop back down afterwards.

I was hoping he would book something at Bramall Lane this year, shit would be so cash. He's massive here but just can't get a big fight at his weight.
>>
So hyped for this.

It sucks though cus I love cheering for the underdog who is taking a major risk.

But you can't not love triple god.

I just hope its a good fight, and Brook doesn't get knocked out cold.
>>
what an amazing fight, kell brook has balls of steel
>>
>>69383443
dude you're comparing a light heavyweight with a middleweight

eubank jr: "I haven't been shown one contract since my fight with GGG was announced. I'm still ready & waiting to sign. Fighting Brook is a joke #2Small"
I bet his father even writes all his tweets
>>
>>69374202
>>69374275
>>69375055
>>69375341
>>69375376
>>69375781
>>69382117
>>69390876
Most convincing theory I've heard is that this is all setting up a massive Eubank Jr. vs GGG PPV for next year. Get people disappointed it didn't happen this year so they'll be more excited when it does next, get some promotion for GGG among the casuals in this country by a convincing knockout of Brook, clean up the sky PPV schedule by not having Brook vs Vargas competing with Eubank vs GGG, and get Eubank's name all over the press via some manufactured 'controversy.'

Hearn is saying in interviews that Eubank can still fight the winner, not sure if this was all planned from the beginning but it certainly makes a hell of a lot of sense, and the build up will make it a much, much bigger fight than it would have been in September this year.
>>
>>69391853
Forgot to mention that it's much better for Brook than the Vargas fight would have been too. He gets paid 4x more, far more attention since it'll be the major PPV of the timeslot, nobody expects him to win since he's a welterweight so the loss won't really matter, and he gets to keep his world title.

Joke of a fight mind and he'll definitely lose but still.
>>
Golovkin should just move up already and challenge himself more. I'm sure he must get tired of people ducking him and having to fight literal whos as a result
>>
>>69392310
Agreed, all this talk from his camp about how nobody wants to fight him but who has he fought? Fucking nobody that's who, I guarantee Ward or Kovalev would take the fight but he'll obviously never do that.
>>
>>69392337
I think he'd be up for that payday. After Ward Kovalev, one of them will be a huge name, GGG stands to make a lot of money if he challenges them
>>
>>69391853
wouldn't surprise me, hearn is fucking savvy. putting up brook as a sacrifice is brutal though, although apparently he wanted the fight. absolute madman
>>
>>69392388
Boxing promoters are slimy desu, Eddy has taken a leaf out of Don Kings book here
>>
>>69392388
See >>69391901

It's similar to the Khan vs Canelo thing, if Brook loses nobody cares because that was what was supposed to happen, and he still keeps his welterweight title anyway. If he somehow pulls off the incredible he'll get recognised properly. Very low risk and very high payday.

Win-win for Eubank, who gets to build towards a super fight ad more money than he would have otherwise, Brook who gets far more money than the other speculated fight against Vargas which he would have been expected to win, and for GGG/Hearn who know get 2 huge paydays in the UK instead of 1.
>>
>>69392489
Seems a bit mad he'd put his perfect record on the line in such a high risk fight. Khan was already carrying a few losses by that point. Although you gotta respect that compared to boxers who fight bums their whole career to protect their 0.
>>
I think the absolute biggest travesty in all of this is that GGG is like 35. He won't have the one-punch KO power in maximum, maximum 2 or 3 years. And he's exciting exactly because he's powerful. I doubt he would be able to do anything for his legacy if he doesn't get some big name on his resume soonish.

Just concede more money to BJS, fight for pennies, but build up your legacy and then beat Canelo and move to SMW. Even if there's no elite fighter in that division either, they are still certainly better wins in the long run than any current middleweights, at very least just because they are bigger, it makes the P4P claim look better
>>
>>69392552
The lack of a big name on his resume has been knocking his legitimacy for years now, after the Khan fight slipped away Vargas essentially had him over a barrel as the only decent fighter who'd give him a fight so was demanding a ridiculous amount of the split despite Kell being the draw. The GGG thing gets him out of all of the slating he's been getting without the loss being too much to bear.
>>
also why the fuck das Kovalev fight on Monday?
>>
>>69395227
because the fight's in Russia, god knows what why, probably not to interfere with the Euro Cup. It's weird desu, but whatever
>>
>>69392733

Anyone that knows boxing knows that GGG is better than literally everyone else right now. Anyone that knows boxing knows that Canelo is a pussy piece of shit. His legacy is fine because everyone who knows the tiniest bit of information knows GGG is the best. He'll forever be the greatest because everyone was too big of a pussy bitch to fight him. That's scarier than having a 50-0 record and ducking everyone.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-06-23-13-38.png (160 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-06-23-13-38.png
160 KB, 720x1280
>>69391853
Nah, Eubank Jr pussied out and now him and his cancerous father will pretend like they're building some super fight
I hope they don't allow him at the O2 because the faggot just wants more publicity
What a cocksucker talking all that shit
>>
File: gerr.jpg (378 KB, 838x1123) Image search: [Google]
gerr.jpg
378 KB, 838x1123
>>69396288
cocksucker sr. needs to remember that THEY need golovkin and not the other way round

should be thankful for any kind of offer team golovkin makes
>>
>>69396476
They thought sky wouldn't agree to put up the money, he was going to earn what 3-4 million? I hope the English eat him alive for being a pussy but they'll probably fellate him like the Mexicans do with canela
>>
File: CHAT.jpg (46 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
CHAT.jpg
46 KB, 680x383
>mfw instead of getting Brook vs Khan and GGG vs Canelo we get GGG vs Brook and Canelo vs Khan

Why are this era of boxers such faggots who only want to fight cans or people half their size?
>>
>>69396747
It's a pretty poor era for boxing. See people like Anthony Joshua being hyped for knocking out bums with no heart
>>
>>69396476
Not true at all actually, GGG is incredibly lucky Brook took the fight, nobody who's a name wants to fight him so there aren't that many ways for him to make big money. It's why he's willing to come and fight in the UK, Kell and Eubank are the draws, not GGG.
>>
>English """""""""""""""men"""""""""""""""
http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-eubanks-made-gennady-golovkin-deal-impossible--106466
>>
>>69396747
>>69396850
Would be amazed if Brook vs Khan doesn't happen in 2017, it makes too much sense for both of them at this point.
>>
File: canela.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
canela.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
Someone update this and put Eupussy Jr's head instead of canelo
>>
dead sport desu
>>
>>69396850

m8 boxing is booming right now. Especially in the UK. You guys have so many champions right now, and shows every other week.

Tons of free fights on cable tv as well courtesy of PBC.

Every fight can't have a superstar, or PPV caliber event but doesn't mean they can't be crackin fights.
>>
what are the chances Eddie Hearn sent Carl Froch a cheeky text offering him the fight, before offering Kell the fight?
>>
>>69406281
Heavyweight division could pop off if the contenders werent concerned with being "built up"

ORTIZ
WILDER
POVETKIN
HAYE
FURY
KLITSCHKO
JOSHUA
>>
>>69407815

same with the welterweight division

>Spence
>Garcia
>Khan
>Bradley
>Thurman
>Porter
>Brook (lol)
>Vargas
>Broner
>Crawford if he moves up in a few years.

and all those guys are super young as well.
if somehow a tournament was made, the winner would be the super star of boxing
>>
>>69397084
Quintessentially English.

It's funny how people say GGG won't be good anymore in 2-3 years when he's 37-38.

This man has a fantastic amateur record. He can box. Even when he loses his KO power, he can still jab others to death.

Really wish he'd have a big fight though.
>>
>>69408075
>if somehow a tournament was made

that's the key part, no fucker has any incentive to fight each other

everyone is happy with their huge purses and paper belts

that's how you get a situation where two of the most ducked boxers in the sport end up fighting each other even though they're 2 weight divisions apart
>>
>>69408238
Age usually takes its toll regardless of how good you are, I hope he gets all the best fights soon
Fucking sick of Canela and now this raging pussy Eubank
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.