[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Argentina of the Reebok/Marcelo Bielsa age was one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: CM15092.jpg (245 KB, 560x750) Image search: [Google]
CM15092.jpg
245 KB, 560x750
The Argentina of the Reebok/Marcelo Bielsa age was one of the most dangerous that I have ever seen. It was one of the few Argentine who had the courage to go on the top of the open chest Brazil (the best Brazil, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and Cafu), extremely offensive and won several times.

He gave chance that by the time reached the World Cup, went crazy and managed to ruin everything. But he was the best coach that Argentina had for many years, I think it could only be overcome by Carlos Bianchi.

If in the World Cup 2002 the team was that, he would have won easily:

1 - Roa
2 - Ayala
3 - Sorín
4 - Sensini
5 - Almeyda
6 - Samuel
7 - Claudio López
8 - Zanetti
9 - Batistuta
10 - Ortega
11 - Verón
12 - Bonano
13 - Placente
14 - Simeone
15 - Riquelme
16 - Aimar
17 - Gustavo López
18 - Kily González
19 - Crespo
20 - Gallardo
21 - Saviola
22 - Chamot
23 - Burgos
>>
no he wouldn't have

Ronaldo was on a mission after 98, he would have got to the final and scored as much as he needed no matter who he was playing
>>
>>69367605
>He gave chance that by the time reached the World Cup, went crazy and managed to ruin everything.

Literally Bielsa everytime
>>
I keep hearing how every team 'would have won 2002 if'
Even England claimed something like that
Just end it, Brazil was unstoppable
>>
>>69367696
no, Ronaldo was

they looked like they weren't gonna qualify before he came back
>>
>>69367728
no, Brazil was
qualifiers are irrelevant once you reach the tournament
>>
1 - Roa
2 - Ayala
3 - Sorín
4 - Sensini
5 - Redondo
6 - Samuel
7 - Claudio López
8 - Zanetti
9 - Batistuta
10 - Ortega
11 - Verón
12 - Bonano
13 - Placente
14 - Simeone
15 - Riquelme
16 - Aimar
17 - Almeyda
18 - Kily González
19 - Crespo
20 - Gallardo
21 - Saviola
22 - Chamot
23 - Burgos

Even better.
>>
>>69367776
they looked horrible in qualifiers, they finished 3rd in the group

Ronaldo comes back and they're world class again, this isn't a coincidence
>>
>>69367823
yeah, but he wasn't the only player on the team, there were other 10
>>
>>69367605
>won easily
sure mate. What was the attack line-up of Brazil again?
>Ronaldo
>Rivaldo
>Ronaldinho
>>
I'm scared of what Argentina will become with Bielsa in charge. Thanks to him our team is what it is today, I can't imagine how broken Argentina would become having that talent pool and if Bielsa is given enough time.
>>
>>69368026
They lost 3-1 to Bolivia in the second to last qualifier with most of the starters for the WC playing

Of course they performed better in the World Cup but remember that this was Ronaldo's big comeback, he played like 25 games total in the three years prior. They weren't "unstoppable" without him but they sure looked like they were with him
>>
>>69367696
This. ""Ifs" don't win cups.
If we had Neymar and Thiago Silva i could say we would beat Germany. Everyone know it's bullshit but that's the point of "Ifs"
>>
>>69367605
England nearly beat that team in 98. It took a refball Beckham red card to stop them.
>>
>>69368154
never 5get
>>
File: 1575730.jpg (593 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
1575730.jpg
593 KB, 702x1024
>>69367605
>no Solari

why is this guy so underrated and forgotten? he was fantastic in Real's 01/02 CL campaign, but hey, let's take Ortega instead
>>
>>69367696
>Brazil was unstoppable

they were pretty shit in 2001, literally worst Brazil WC QL in history
>>
>>69367694
this was another kind of crazy
>>
>>69367654
>Ronaldo was on a mission after 98, he would have got to the final and scored as much as he needed no matter who he was playing

This ain't apehoop you dunderhead. Individuals can't win on their own.

Besides, that wasn't even Ronaldo at his best.
>>
>>69367696

No it wasn't. They beat Turkey twice by one goal ffs. The first one being because of a bullshit penalty. (it was outside the box)
>>
>>69369237
you can say shit like that for every WC winner
remember when you almost went to penalties with Algeria?
Spain losing to Switzerland?
Italy vs Australia?
>>
>>69369237
>Turkmany
>>
File: 1467154213579.png (302 KB, 960x659) Image search: [Google]
1467154213579.png
302 KB, 960x659
>there are people in this site right now that born after 1993 and never saw main Argentina NT winning anything
>>
>>69367696
English people always say that for every major torunament.
>>
>>69369820

>pretty sad indeed

Some people on this site never saw Marad10s magic
>>
>>69367605
>Really old Caniggia
>No players of 2000/2001 Boca
>Pochettino
>Veron Starter

El equipo mas pecho frio de la historia argentina
>>
>>69373255
>Pecho frío
Si no ganan copas son siempre pecho frío? Andá
>>
>>69368154
This tb.h
>>
>>69367654
Pretty sure ronaldinho and rivaldo carried harder in 2002
>>
>>69373255
Si ellos son pechos fríos,los de hoy qué son?
>>
>>69367696
That England team had some shit in the squad though. Danny Mills and Trevor Sinclair for fuck's sake.
>>
>>69374837
El Glaciar Perito Moreno.
>>
okay someone please tell me all about this Bielsa meme because he has ZERO (0) TROPHIES on his wikipedia

from what I can see, he directed the worst Argentina in history in 2002

he didn't win anything with Chile wheras Sampaoli and Pizzi did

and he choked away all the titles in Athletic Bilbao

so why would you want this man?
>>
>On 6 July 2016, Bielsa was appointed manager of Lazio.[30] On 8 July 2016, Bielsa quit as manager of Lazio after just two days.[31]

What the fuck?
>>
>>69372478

Agree, it's really sad. It baffles me how Argentina and Netherlands always had some of the most competitive and strong squads but they always have some kind of problem and can't win titles.
>>
>>69374837
10 mil veces mejores? Por lo menos llegan a la final
>>
>>69375580
There is a reason why he is called El Loco: Bielsa is unironically crazy about football. When he was in charge of finding young talent, he divided Argentina into 70 different zones and travelled to each and every one of them by car; he recruited Pochettino, then only 13 years old, at 3 AM. When he coached Argentina in 2002, he brought over 7000 football videos with him. When he coached Chile, he once arrived to the training field in the middle of the night and began sticking woods around so that workers could not get in. Before even arriving to Bilbao, he had already watched their last 55 matches. He is genuinely obsessed with every detail and has an encyclopedic knowledge of the sport.
>>
>>69375763

Germany cheats them out

>1966 - England and Germany collaborately rig the word cup so they eliminate opposing teams using a ref fixing scheme. German Ref Rudolf Kreitlein officiated in the England vs Argentina QF, and English ref Jim Finney officiated in the Germany vs Uruguay QF. Both European sides were severe underdogs. In the Germany vs Uruguay game, the referee (who was Jim Finney, from England) had not recognised a handball by Schnellinger on the goal line and then had sent off two players from Uruguay: Horacio Troche and Héctor Silva. Germany later met England in the World Cup Final.

>1974 - Bernd Hölzenbein of West Germany dives for a penalty after being down against Holland. Germany wins WC. Joao Havelange, who was FIFA President from 1974 until 1999 later states the world cup was rigged for Germany (host) to win

>1990- 1990- Germany again dives for a 1-0 win against Argentina in minute 85. Argentina saw Roberto Sensini and Pedro Monzon with red cards during the match in what was deemed the worst final in history. Italian ref in the Final scrutinized for his decision making after Argentina eliminated Italy in the semi-finals.

>2014: Argentine Forward Gonzalo Higuain is violently kicked in the chin, an impact that can actually kill a person thanks to the tremors sent up to the brain [that is the reason any time it happens in UFC/MMA the guy is usually knocked out cold and the fight is stopped]. German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer does not receive a warning. Germany wins in Extra time.
>>
>>69375816

okay I can also stick cinammon sticks up my asshole but if that doesn't help me win games it's FUCKING USELESS. why do you want a manager that doesn't win in tournaments? are you guys stupid?
>>
>>69374794

No. Rivaldo and Ronaldo were about equal, Ronaldinho was a distant 3rd.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.