[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calcio storico fiorentino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: calciostorico-7.jpg (776 KB, 1086x897) Image search: [Google]
calciostorico-7.jpg
776 KB, 1086x897
Hi /sp/ does anyboby knows this beautifull game?
>>
Yes- I was in Florence for it last year but unable to get tickets. The parade was pretty amazing though.
>>
they are so sweaty. oh my.
>>
>>69364233
OP here, yes the parade is amazing! but the game is more amazing! Is almost impossible to get tickets but you can see matches on youtube
>>
Yes, watched two matches this year on the rai stream too bad there wasn't a match thread for it on /sp /
>>
>>69366238
ok next year I will provide. Now you can watch on you tube the 3 2016's matches
>>
>>69366497
So is there really any stratagy? It seemed like you would fight for 35-40 minutes then have a runner try to weave in and out to score
>>
>>69366640
Yes there is a strategy, it's hard to understand but there is. Basically the first two lines (the very big guys, boxers, mma fighters etc) must open a way for the third line players more slim and fast. Also there are no substitutions so if you knok out an opponent you take advantage
>>
So having a ball in the field is basically just an excuse to beat the shit out of the opponent?
>>
>>69366908
back in the days yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjRPVOTeHA

at present day not only
>>
that's a pretty obvious handball penalty lol.
>>
this is a very interesting sport
>>
>>69363222
It´s a good spectacle, when i see it i always thin in blood bowl.
>>
Where has this been my whole life??
Are the three yearly games always on youtube?
This looks great, seen a bit on youtube. Going to check a bit more the rules and stuff, but yeah it looks good so far, well done Italians. I wish Portugal had this instead of bullfights, a million times.
>>
>>69369843
Tnx for the apreciation anon! That's not italian, it's exclusively of the city of Firenze. There is a local tv that broadcast every year the three matches, than they post the whole matches on you tube. You can find also a lot of old stuff
>>
>>69363222
Yes; it looks awesome
>>
Why only 3 games? Are people not allowed to play it otherwise
>>
>>69370137
There are 4 teams for 4 historical districts of the city, than 2 semifinals and a final on 24th june in the day of san giovanni (st. john) patron saint of the city
>>
>>69370101
Cool, Firenze has always been my favourite Italian city from all I visited, I wish I'd knew about this before! Thanks for the info
>>
>>69370292
you're welcome!
>>
>>69370239
Ok but like, the game looks fun as fuck, could people not just start their own teams elsewhere?
>>
>>69370378
It's a traditional game (not a sport) and starting own team is out of tradition. also the game can easily degenerate into a dangerous rumble... In the past decades some tounament were suspended for too much violence and revenges out of the field...
>>
>>69363222

It's literally a two hour team brawl with a ball.
>>
I forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XctCNiDICXo

documentary with english subs, not the best but almost good
>>
>>69373944
I remember watching this a while ago. Is the hatred between teams that real or were they just playing it up for the camera?
>>
>>69373979
sometimes real, but some players are friends each other... now the game is more sport and less war
>>
File: tumblr_lswraeqGYx1qb6cnho1_500.jpg (21 KB, 459x261) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lswraeqGYx1qb6cnho1_500.jpg
21 KB, 459x261
>>69363222
I prefer to see tortured cows bleeding until the end of their lifes with a sword, but this is fun too.
>>
>>69374575
Interesting. But the horn in ass/groin injuries are much more satisfying.
>>
>>69374591
>>
It's definitely not beautiful, more like brutal,but it sure is entertaining and exciting.
>>
>>69373944
good god, florentine accent sound retared af
>>
>>69374680
come here and tell them
>>
>>69374680
yes it does.
that's why all florentine actors play comedy.
if they do dramatic role they don't use their accent
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.