[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Portugal wins the Euros, is Ronaldo better than Messi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10
File: 30C05AD6B06C79DA9B7D81806802310F.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
30C05AD6B06C79DA9B7D81806802310F.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
If Portugal wins the Euros, is Ronaldo better than Messi?
>>
>>69360765
he has always been better than messi
>>
nah
>>
>>69360765
he could cure cancer and would still be worse than messi
>>
Doing fuckall most of the time and getting carried to a cup doesn't make you the best player in the world, or it shouldn't. However, Cristiano Ronaldo is a special case in which it does, and I'll never understand that. Either way, they won't win, but for some reason, people will still compare him to Messi.
>>
Is Ronaldo still a diving bitch?
>>
>Team A doesn't play Team B

>Team A plays in League 1, loses final

>Team B plays in League 2, wins final

>Team B is better than Team A

doesn't work that way bub
>>
>>69360765
Hmm let's think about this for a minute.

Both have won the champions league but only one of them has won it with two clubs. Both have won the Balon Do'r but only one of them has won it with two clubs. Both of them play in shitty national teams but only one of them carries their national team properly. If Ronaldo wins the Euros he is infinitely the unironic GOAT. Better than Messhit, better than Pele, Maradona, Beckham etc.

Deal with it, virgins.
>>
>>69360871
>Both of them play in shitty national teams

Argie NT isn't shit Kevin, they have more talent and better coaching than Brazil, they almost beated germany in 2014 WC final.
>>
>>69360871
4 CL's > 3 CL's
2 Trebles > 0 trebles
5 ballon d'ors > 3 ballon d'ors
Carry your average NT to a Euros final > Lose three finals with your above average NT

Messi wins 3-1,
>>
>>69360871
name checks out
>>
>argentine national team
>no president
>no vice president
>coaches dont get paid
>they have no authority over anyone
>no chartered flights
>no structure
>no plan
>corrupt as fuck

and Messi can still get to a world cup Final

the only way Ronaldo can be better than Messi is to win the world cup, and no .. winning the Euro after beating Wales for the semi-final is not enough.

also in what aspect is Ronaldo better than Messi? Scoring? Messi has the all-time record for most goals scored in a year and he has scored in multiple CL finals without needing a penalty to do it. There's a reason why Real Madrid didn't win anything with Ronaldo for 6 years until Bale came.
>>
>>69360765
only if he doesnt messi his penaldo
>>
>>69360951

oh yeah wait til someone says "but muh goals in the champions league"

17 goals vs Malmo, Shakhtar, Roma,etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVdOQZfUTY

literally the tap in master
>>
>>69360871
I unironically agree with what you posted but since you're a tripnig kys pls
>>
>>69360936
You completely missed the point, my friend. Ronaldo has managed to win those things with different clubs, Messhit is a systembabby in his Barca cocoon.
>>
He's unironically been carried by his team for most of the tournament but he'll pose for the camera as ife carried them

>>69360836
Been diving trying to get penalties the entire tournament
>>
>>69361036
Wayne Rooney has already stated Messi > Ronaldo when asked which was the best
Hang yourself, abbo cunt
>>
>>69361147
Wayne Rooney and his 75 IQ. Amazing.

(for me its also messi > ronaldo but using rooney as your source is a bit pathetic=
>>
please stop replying to the tripfag, thanks
>>
>>69361186
I doubt ronaldo has a higher IQ, it's not like footballers are known for their intelligence and Rooney was his teammate as well
Lampard has said the same etc
I hate the idea that penaldo will get credit instead of all the players who have been carrying, that renato has a bright future
>>
>>69361036

in 2008 terry slipped to give Ronaldo the Champions league even after Ronaldo missed his penalty

in 2014 Ramos scored in the 92nd minute even if Ronaldo did fuck all

in 2016 the SAME THING happened with Ramos scoring

where was Ronaldo?
>>
>>69361250
Thinking of how tight Badr's cock would fit in his asshole
>>
>>69361236
It was a bit of a shitpost. I'm no Einstein myself.

SAF always considered Ronaldo the more complete player btw. Players/manager's opinions is not the best argument.
>>
>>69360765

The one who wins a world cup is the better one
>>
>>69361333
but yours is better? kek
>>
File: 1466615836506.webm (957 KB, 965x545) Image search: [Google]
1466615836506.webm
957 KB, 965x545
Messhit:
>a disgusting criminal
>pathetic quitter
>choker
>no heart

Ronaldo
>carrying his national team
>leading by example
>passionate as fuck (pic related)
>doesn't give up
>>
>>69362248
his team has carried him
>>
>>69360765
yes

>>69360871
agreed
>>
>>69360951
>There's a reason why Real Madrid didn't win anything with Ronaldo for 6 years until Bale came

youre legally retarded.
stop posting
>>
If he won the euro scoring at least one goal, he will beat messi and become the best
>>
messi will never win euros
CR7 is GOAT
>>
>>69361147
How good was Ronaldo in his one Nou Camp season? Did he enjoy a night out even then? Did you get into any scrapes?

>I’d seen him on television at PSV and thought ‘wow’. Then he came to Barcelona. He’s the most spectacular player I’ve ever seen. He did things I’d never seen before. We’re now used to seeing Messi dribble past six players, but not then. He was strong, a beast.

-Luis Henrique, 2015
>>
>>69362282
He either scored the goals himself or did the assist, how is that being carried? Not playing one on eleven?
>>
>>69362325
this was about fenomeno btw

players/coaches cant be taken as universal truth
>>
Why does his face not look like a real persons face? What is wrong with him?
>>
>>69360765

He is already better than Messi
>>
Even if Messi ended his career right now and Ronaldo goes on to win everything he plays for, Messi is still the better player.
>>
>>69360787
this
>>
>>69362566
Just to make sure you stick to your logic, is fat Ronaldo the GOAT?
>>
Messi has way more technique and it's nicer to watch

But Ronaldo has so much more heart and discipline
>>
>>69360765
Won't happen and no
>>
Why do you faggots feel the need to compare players with different play styles?

Does it really matter who's best?
>>
>TSUU wins CL, Balon dor AND euros in 1 year

>Messi chokes AGAIN, retires from argentina after winning nothing ever and gets a 21 month jail term

>bandwagoners still think messi is better.
>>
>>69362778

because he won the champions league without doing anything but kicking the last penalty, the euros he's winning coming in 3rd in the group stage and drawing a fucking hungarian team playing bench warmers because they already qualified for the knock out rounds. His entire career is a farce, from the moment terry slipped until now.
>>
can any of you bros post that gif of ronaldo using a laptop and smiling?
>>
>>69362778
pepe has more reasons to win the ballon dor than ronaldo
>>
Messi carries Argentina
Portugal carries Ronaldo

It's ridiculous that people judge players on one game, one goal, one performance, one medal.
What if Ronaldo has the worst game of his life and Nani scores the winner?
What if Messi did nothing in the final and Higuain scored the winner?
What if Ronaldo scores a hattrick but they lose 4-3?

The World Cup all time top scorer and winner of the trophy, Miroslav Klose, would never get mentioned in the top 100 players of all time.

Anyways it absolutely clear that Messi is a better footballer than Ronaldo. There's no combination of goals and trophies that could change that unless Ronaldo enter some sort of God mode for the next few years.
>>
>>69362861
>What if Ronaldo scores a hattrick but they lose 4-3?

that already happened and he got a standing ovation at old trafford
>>
>>69362861
>portugal
>literally just ronaldo pepe and some who's

>argentina
>every player in the 11 is worth 30m+

fucking kek
>>
desu we tried everything, no regrets about "wasting the GOAT"

We tried making a team that works without him, and putting him on top of it, so he doesn't feel the pressure (Basile). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that plays like Barcelona so he can feel comfortable (Martino, Batista). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that is good at defending and making him the center of our attack, Maradona 1986 style (Sabella). It didn't work.

He chokes against Brazil. Okay, Brazil is a great team. He chokes against Germany. Okay, Germany is a great team. He chokes against Uruguay, okay, they are world champions.

We sacked coaches and players because he didn't like them (Riquelme, Tevez, Basile). We put in coaches and players just because he asked (Martino and his Newell's friends).

He doesn't score in KO games? Maybe he's saving up for the next game. Maybe he's saving up for the final.

Now he had this chance in silverware. He only had to perform against Chile (so you understand how small they are, 3 people died celebrating a Copa America). Many people would have hailed him as the GOAT, even though winning a Copa America of which we have 14 already doesn't mean much.

Not only he doesn't perform, that's okay, another bad day. Not only he doesn't score, it's okay, 11 KO games without scoring, but it's okay, he's still good. Not only he doesn't assist, it's okay, it's your team mates right? They are your friends Messi, you sacked Tevez, you asked for Higuain and Aguero. But okay, we get it, you didn't assist.

On top of all that, he doesn't even run. He just walks the pitch. Fuck him.
>>
>>69362880
>old trafford
but what about people who know about football?
>>
>>69362861
>The World Cup all time top scorer and winner of the trophy, Miroslav Klose, would never get mentioned in the top 100 players of all time.

Exactly the reason why no real professional things Ronaldo is one of the best ever.
The things he does are just ordinary

look at his goals for fucks sake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYXIhQYgD0

absolute joke
>>
>>69362937
hey it was a pretty impressive hat trick I would have clapped for him too
>>
Judging by individual skill, I think Messi is better. Also better than Zidane, Maradona and Ronaldo9.

However, CR7 (as far as I can judge) has a better character, more heart and is overall not a smug little manlet autist.

I'd love watching Ronaldo win the trophy, it will be the ultimate humiliation to Messi.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>69362968

he has better character? for the entirety of his 20s he was a diving little cunt pansy pretty boy that had dumfuck comments like "they hate me because i'm rich, handsome, and a good player"

that's better character?

do you realize why he looks good now? Because he's 31 years old
Thirty-fucking-one
>>
>>69360765
Ronaldo is retired, Cristiano Puto is irrelevant.
>>
>>69360951
Messi was a striker most his career until Suarez came along.

>inb4 WAAAH HE WASN'T A STRIKER FUCK YOU

he was, center forward, whatever. striker.
>>
>>69360765
The serious answer is no.
The meme answer is lol.
He might be more succesful. But Ronaldo is not better than Messi.

The difference between them should be clear to anyone who has regularly watched the both of them.
>>
>>69362248
pretty much this. how the fuck do people still see Messi as the hero?
>>
>>69362993
I assume you're not shitposting.

Everyone has statements like these in his career but Messi hardly comes over as likable. Ronaldo also never shot a ball into other team's fans or slapped someone in the face.
>>
>>69362896

Higuain is worth £30. Doesn't stop him missing from 10 yards out every time he plays for Argentina.

Messi played some of the best football I've ever seen in this Copa. Messi and Mascherano dragged them to the world cup.
>>
>>69363023
against Panama, Venezuela, USA and Bolivia.

WOW.

oh and the previous WC: Iran, Bosnia, Nigeria, Switzerland.

but no one EVER calls the easy as fuck roads that Messi always gets. no one ever calls out his bullshit """best player of the tournament"""" awards.

get that manlet dick out your mouth bitch
>>
>>69363019
Because Ronaldo comes across as arrogant because he's the pretty boy and Messi is the autist that dindu nuffin and is humble and all that bullshit. That's the perception that people have, so they'll ignore Messi when he steps out of line, but put a big spotlight on Ronaldo being a sore loser against Iceland.

Although Ronaldo does have annoying traits, like being unable to accept that he's shit at free kicks or penalty's. He should learn that it's okay to shift responsibility sometimes, but apparently can't cope with the feeling that he's letting people down.
>>
>>69362968
>has a better character
literally throws tantrums, accuses referees of being bought and punches rivals when he can't win
>more heart
he becomes invisible in most games, specially when the score is against
>not smug
lel
>win the trophy, it will be the ultimate humiliation to Messi
messi has won 7 trophies and a balon dor in the last two seasons, ronaldo ''''''won''''' a cl being invisible and without eliminating a single champion of league or cl
>>
>>69362959
But Americans clap for everything
>>
>>69360969
Kek
>>
Messi has Asperger's.

If you like Messi, you like an autistic fucboi
>>
>>69363051
>no one ever calls out his bullshit """best player of the tournament"""" awards.

It was widely met with disbelief.
>>
>>69363057
>t. assblasted Barcafag
>>
I don't think they play the same football at all and that it's retarded to compare them.

I'll still take Messi as a matter of principle. He's an autistic manlet and yet he doesn't dive like a bitch everytime he can.
>>
>>69362880
>>69362937
>>69362959
>>69363058
I don't think anyone realizes what hattrick (or which Ronaldo) the American is talking about.
>>
>>69363011
>But Ronaldo is not better than Messi.
he is by a mile, but that isn't a huge achievement as messi is pretty shit.
>>
>>69363020
Too pussy for that, he'd rather insult Iceland during a press conference.
>>
>>69363051

Messi literally had 4-5 man of the match awards with the highest rating in the world cup. The only players higher than him were defensive +Kroos, and no one is going to give Kroos the golden ball.

You want to judge the road to the final

Round 1: Germany vs Algeria, Argentina vs Switzerland

this is a fucking joke, Switzerland is 30x the team that Algeria is. No contest.

Round 2: Germany vs France, Argentina vs Belgium

this is also no contest with Belgium being at its strongest this world cup with everyone at around 26 years old and Hazard in his prime. France was just starting with Deschamps after that shitty Blanc and they qualified through playoff with a 3-2 win over Ukraine. No contest to Argentina.

Round 3:
Germany vs Brazil, Argentina vs Netherlands

this at first seemed like Brazil would be harder but they didn't even have Neymar thanks to colombia and up to this point, Robben looked like the terminator.
>>
>>69363270

and where was Ronaldo?
oh that's right, sitting at fucking home in 3rd place in his group behind the US

the same fucking position he was in this Euro cup, 3rd fucking place behind Hungar and Iceland

ronaldo fags can just fuck off. Fucking shits.
>>
>>69360765
They won't
>>
>>69363270
damn. you're delusional
>>
>>69363270
lol Belgium would have lost to fucking USA if Wondo wasn't so shit
>>
>>69362248
Don't forget that Messi is an autistic retard and a documented PED abuser literally since childhood
>>
>We don't have a striker
>We play with two meme wingers up front
>Our own good sector is the midfield and its ruined by Renato Sanches
>Jorge Mendes forces our coach to field Renato, André Gomes and Moutinho
>Our Full backs are from fucking Llorient and a backup from memehampton
>mfw we will still win
>>
File: 1467284726364.png (692 KB, 1129x799) Image search: [Google]
1467284726364.png
692 KB, 1129x799
Messi is absolutely better at football than Ronaldo. You could say that Ronaldo is like Hilbert, while Messi is like Euler or Gauss. Both are geniuses, but the former is once in a decade, while the latter is once in a century.

It literally doesn't matter if Messi evades taxes or is a >>69363323 "autistic retard and documented PED abuser". Messi could murder someone in cold blood, it still wouldn't change that he's better at football than Ronaldo.
>>
>>69363019
Because /sp/ identifies with the manlet autist, it isn't difficult to grasp.
>>
In a real tournament Portugal would've been kicked out in the group stages
>>
>>69363323
>PED abuser literally since childhood
standard treatment for all kids with hgh deficiency until he was 15
>>
not only is he not better than messi, he is not even better than bale, or griezmann
>>
>>69362306
aside from one Liga and Copa del Rey, hes right.
>>
>>69363462

6 years with Ronaldo, Benzema, Oezil, Di Maria:
1 league, 1 Copa (thanks to Di Maria and Oezil's 40 assists)

3 years with Bale: 2 Champions leagues, 1 Copa
MotM in the CL: Di Maria, Ramos

don't mind Ronaldo though, he's just getting a free ride.
This is fucking Beckham tier where his brand and persona are stronger than what he actually contributes in finals
>>
>>69363462
thats more than the other ronaldo won at madrid
>>
lmao he can't even score fucking penalty against Austria when it's matters, if this is 16 tournament format Portugal won't be in final
>>
>>69363435

messhit is a troll and shit at foorball. Guy needs 10 tries for every 1 goal and get make a play at all.

He's the most overrated player in history
>>
File: 1467926601552.png (230 KB, 455x443) Image search: [Google]
1467926601552.png
230 KB, 455x443
I'm fucking died with all the Americans thinking they know anything about Football
>>
File: top kek.png (49 KB, 567x643) Image search: [Google]
top kek.png
49 KB, 567x643
>>69363589

go back to sleep Pekka you are truly embarrassing
>>
Absolutely. National tournaments are on a different level than club ones. 1 Euro is more important than any number of Champions League titles. Well, I suppose it doesn't make him "better", just makes his accomplishments bigger.
>>
>>69362861
But Argentina is MUCH more stacked team.

I fail to see why people don't realize that without CR Portugal would be almost as bad as England.
>>
File: pic.png (29 KB, 760x366) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
29 KB, 760x366
>>69363627

you are worse than England in
>points
>goals
>differential
>wins

so yes, Portugal with Ronaldo is worse than England
literally the only reason you are in the tournament after match 3 is because Hungary decided to bench their players and you couldn't even win that free game.
>>
>>69363613

how about you try to refute anything I say troll dick sucker
>>
>>69363662
>that post
>that flag
>muh statistics

You just can't get tired of making yourself look bad.
Stick to baseball, chap.
>>
>>69360765
>Ronaldo's Euro cups - 1
>Messi's Copa America cups - 0
do you need to ask?
>>
>>69362248
pretty spot on
/sp/ is just very TSUndere towards the true GOAT
>>
>>69360765
If Portugal wins the Euros, Ronaldo wins Ballon Dor
>>
>>69363761
Porzingis you better average 20/10 this year
>>
>>69360765
He already is
>>
>>69362790
Portugal practically scored 5 goals in that match against Hungary, and are still owed 3 penalties. The Poland one is just scandalous. The Welsh one a little less obvious as the agenda goes. And the kick on Nani was just unacceptable. Yet these refs managed to see the kraut playing the ball with his hand... Wake up ppl
>>
>>69361122
Fuck off you biased little shit.
So far all the times he "dived" in the penalty area would had been legit penalties.

Go suck Messis dick, he needs all the change he can spare.
>>
>>69363297
We also would have slaughtered you if we had 1 decent finisher up front.
>>
File: Ronaldo.webm (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldo.webm
2 MB, 700x394
No.
Ronaldo has been carried by his team for most of the games.
>>
>>69361250
Who scored in that final?
>>
>>69363348
>ruined by Renato Sanches
t.Buttblasted Dragarto
>>
>>69360765
So you just confirm that protugal will win the euro?
>>
>>69362790
16 goals being the league top scorer is "doing anything" to you? And if it wasn't for is display against wolfsburg they wouldn't even be in the semis (just in case you were going to point the goals were scored against lesser teams)

>>69362861
If he hadn't scored 3 against sweden PT wouldn't have went to WC2014. 2 goals 1 assist against hungary and PT wouldn'T have passed group stage. 1 goal and one assist against wales.
>>
>Implying he wasn't already better than Messi
>>
>>69364292
see
>>69364348
Hang yoursef you biased kebab
>>
I think Messi rly hopes Portugal lose after he choked 3 finals in 2 years

It would bring Ronaldo alot of bragging rights,the garanteed Player of the year, literally millions of jpgs and gifs of crying Messi and Ronaldo with this Cup together etc.
>>
>>69360765
No. Winning something makes you more successful, but not better.
>>
>>69360765
>Wins the Eurocup where the competition is much tougher than in the Copa America
Yep.
>>
>>69360765

>implying winning the euros is hard

greece and denmark did it, wales got to the semis, just basically roll a dice every four years to see who wins
>>
>>69360871
messi is so good that one of the best three clubs in the world (and probably the best in the last 6 years) have your ass from the beggining, and not only that, he managed to dominate titularity and the main spot in that team.
Also, lets be honest folks if >Aguero can make it as a top scorer in the Eplel and Chokeguain in the serie A then messi would have field day and dominate them.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 345x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 345x427
>>69360969
Underrated post
>>
Sure, Messi couldn't even qualify Argentina to the Eurocup, what a cuck
>>
>>69362590
Yes you fucking retard
>>
>>69360765

> Quits Argentina
> Sentenced to 21 months in jail for tax fraud
> Only played for Barcelona

Is any more doubts?
>>
I kind of want Portugal to win, just so Ronaldo can shut Pele & Maradona up about this generation of great players not winning international trophies.
>>
>>69371394

I'd pretty much like Ronaldo to do a performance game like he did agaisn't Sweden. Would even make game more interesting and BTFO all the haters.

From Guy Roux, to french journalists, ending at Jérôme Rothen with xenophobic remarks towards the portuguese.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.