[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predictions on what happens to this team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: okc thunder.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
okc thunder.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1200
Predictions on what happens to this team?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 660x330
>>
Russel traded to lelkers

start over
>>
Probably a teardown by opening night.
Westbrook likely goes for 2 #1s and a couple young pups.
The middle of the Western Conference is soft enough that a team of Oladipo, Adams, and fill in the blank can swing an 6-8 seed.
>>
>>69354514
Why did Durant leave? That made no sense
>>
>>69354514
they go back to Seattle
>>
>>69354729
He's shook and afraid that he'll never get a ring
>>
>>69355851
This will happen in the next 15 years.
>>
>>69354729
The OKC fans didn't support him enough and took him for granted
>>
>>69355910
This
>>
Durant goes back to OKC next year by not exercising his player option since Golden State won't be able to offer him a max contract- LBJ style after Westbrook leaves. He demands a trade for DeMarcus Cousins and this proves to be his downfall. Cousins runs OKC into the ground over the course of the next 5 years and Durant shoots him. He becomes the greatest player in Sing Sing history
>>
File: 153310897_opt.jpg (88 KB, 610x456) Image search: [Google]
153310897_opt.jpg
88 KB, 610x456
>>69355910
>blaming the fans
>not the dumbfuck execs
t. Alberto Simmons
>>
>lose Westbrook
>talent starts to file out because no one wants to spend an expended period of time in oklahoma, especially to play for a sub-par team
>team becomes a dumpster fire
>eventually the ownership starts to lose money as the fans start to gravitate back towards college sports
>Bennett sells the team, hopefully to someone who'll restore the Sonics
>>
>>69354637
>Westbrook likely goes for 2 #1s and a couple young pups.
>when he's FA next season
Isn't that unlikely? What did the last similar situation bring back?
>>
>>69356030
>expended
extended*
>>
two trees

>Westbrook leaves

they probably enter an era of rebuild after rebuild until/if they land That Guy.

>Westbrook stays

The Thunder maintain a puncher's chance and could theoretically fluke a title but will probably spend the rest of its time just on the outside looking in.
>>
>>69355989
>Sonics leave Seattle
>it's all the fans fault, they didn't support the team!
>players choose to leave OKC as soon as contractually allowed
>c-can't be the fans fault!! blame the executives!

kek
>>
>>69355910
they literally could not have supported him any more, they bit their tongues when he shittalked OU and when he choked and when he acted like a bitch. Nobody wanted to say anything bad about him because they knew what a precious little fucking snowflake he was.
>>
>>69354514
Westbrook gets traded early February and the thunder go in to rebuilding mode for an indefinite amount of time.
Durant wins 4 titles in 6 years with the GSW superteam, but never one as "the guy".
Westbrook is a top 10 player on his new team, but never wins the title. He will come to be viewed as a more athletic Steve Nash.
This will all make for a nice 30 for 30 about 15 years from now.
>>
>>69356161
>get Durant gifted to you
>trade Allen for picks and meme your way into more players
>never hire a good coach
>trade Harden for scraps
>get shit for help for Durant and Westbrook
>trade Ibaka for Loladipo
>Durant leaves after years of incompetence from the front office
>blame the fans who didn't... chant enough? retweet enough?
>PROFIT

The Sam Presti way. It wasn't the fans' fault when the team left Seattle either btw.
>>
File: adams2.png (407 KB, 489x507) Image search: [Google]
adams2.png
407 KB, 489x507
>>69356567
>scraps
>>
>>69356567
The Thunder were literally 5 minutes away from being in the finals until Durant and Westbrook iso'd their way into a choke job like they always do. They could have easily given the ball to Kanter or Adams down low like they had in the first half, but instead they had to an hero themselves to death.
>>
>>69356567
you dont get to have an opinion, swiss. Also you only picked the bad points to show and never the reasons behind them. And the part about an incompetent front office is bullshit. And KD asked for Scotty to be fired. The moment he did, they got a new coach.
>>
>>69354729
He's a bitch
>>
win the title this year
>>
>>69356567
autsim: the post
>>
>>69356780
>>69356795
their real problem (fans and FO) was putting that much faith in a headcase like KD
>>
File: leave durant to me.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
leave durant to me.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
We all know what'll happen to Durant next time he steps foot in Chesapeake Arena...
>>
>>69356720
>le meme energy guy

>>69356780
Like Westbrook and Durant didn't carry them there in the 1st place.

>>69356795
>And KD asked for Scotty to be fired.
He should have been fired years ago.
>>
>>69356865
Adams isn't a thug, he's just a brute

we need a real thug, but one that isn't shit like Perkins. Somebody more like Beverley.
>>
>>69356881
Durant was mediocre in the playoffs. His NetRTG was fucking 0 when every other player in the rotation but Waiters was a significant positive.
>>
>>69356881
>its the role players fault the stars (who are getting paid to carry the team) carry the team
>>
>>69356924
Don't get me wrong he sort of sucks and I wouldn't trust him as my star but I think blaming fans over the FO for KD leaving makes any sense.
>>
>>69356985
>things nobody said
How is anything the role players' fault? Where did you get that from?
>>
>>69356045
I believe the last comparable haul for an All-NBA level player was the Goran Dragic deal - the Heat gave up 2 #1s and a couple young players to the Suns for him.
>>
>>69357050
>le meme energy guy

>Like Westbrook and Durant didn't carry them there in the 1st place.
>>
>>69357050
you said the FO screwed everything up, but the role players were playing at a high level in the playoffs when he wasn't so blaming the FO is moronic.

the Thunder built a team around Westbrook and Durant that might have a set of rings if Durant didn't fuck everything up trying to be the hero.
>>
>>69355910
Bull fucking shit
>>
>>69355910
LOL That's some class A revisionism.
>>
>>69354729
Because he isn't "the guy."
>>
How is Oklahoma going to treat KD when he comes back in a Warrior uniform?
>>
Back to Seattle
>>
wait did sam presti actually blame the fans
>>
>>69361188
hopefully chants of "TRAITOR" and for major lels make a hissing sound every time he touches the ball.
>>
>>69354729
He's a ring chasing faggot.
>>
>>69361188
I'd hope for silence when he's introduced.
>>
>>69361188

Chants of "FAG-GOT"
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.