[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Warriors Durant's team now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: durant warriors.jpg (51 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
durant warriors.jpg
51 KB, 580x580
Make an argument that he wouldn't be because he's by far the best player on the Warriors and everyone outside of the media knows that the Warriors are his team
>>
>>69352362

They are dreymonds team in all honesty

They lose him the whole thing collapses and he's their leader

Durant is the most beta tho, almost rose tier
>>
>>69352433
How is Draymond better than Durant?

He's better than bitch made Curry, that's for sure
>>
>>69352593
It's not necessarily about who is better famalam. Cupcakes don't lead teams.
>>
>>69352593

because draymond for all his faults isnt a mental midget who chokes when the pressure is on.

not something steph or KD can say.
>>
>>69352362
No, definitely not his team. I don't think it matters for now anyway because 1 of the 4 will have to go within the next couple of years. My guess is it will either be Klay or KD.
>>
>>69352593
Without Draymond, the Warriors defense falls apart, and their offense is hurt a lot too. He is an amazing defender and good rebounder, and on offense he is great at setting screens and also playmaking on the perimeter when defenses leave him open to focus on Curry/Klay.

Take him off the team and the defense will suck (especially with no Bogut). There will be no rim protection and teams like Cleveland can drive inside at will. They would also have no way to go small without getting destroyed on the boards, forcing them to play scrub big guys that will kill their spacing on offense.

The offense flow would be hurt too without his screens to get people open, and the Splash Bros showed in the Finals they arent as good when they have to iso instead of spot up.

Draymond is arguably the key to all of GS's success.
>>
>>69353683
>>It's a "someone who actually understands basketball is posting on /sp/" episode.
>>
>>69352362
Can't even say it's his team when he hasn't played a single game for them. Chemistry could be a huge issue and it could take him a long time to find his role. There's only one ball and a lot of egos on that team now.
>>
>>69353784
all he's doing is telling the objective truth and not spouting memes. Everyone knows, but they won't admit it because Dray Dray is one crazy nigro
>>
I think the argument that it's Durant's team is only valid if the style of play is going to complement him.

I don't see the Warrior offense changing shape to accommodate Durant - he's more of a complementary cog in a well-oiled machine.

If he does enough to play his part, the Dubs are unstoppable. If he tries to Alpha his way around the court, it can only be disruptive.
>>
It's the 2004 Lakers all over again.
>>
>>69355265
it was, like, Malones 18th season
Paytons 15th season
RIck Foxs 14th season
and Shaq and Kobe were 2 alpha assholes who were beginning to dislike eachother after about 6 seasons together.
Tell me how this is like that, besides looking at the names, you filthy casual.
>>
>>69355344
Yeah this is different

Durant is in his prime

There is not a single alpha male on the squad (don't say draymong , he's just too dumb to understand the gravity of the situation to get shook)
>>
>>69355623

As long as they play smart,

Don't try to shame themselves breaking last year's regular season record and end up tired/injured in the finals,

Share the ball so to not over inflate or deflate for that matter their egos,

I can see them winning ship after ship. At least the next two if they play their cards right.
>>
>>69352433
rose tier? how is the youngest MVP crippled by injuries beta? He loves Chicago more than anything.
>>
>>69354948
Even if they just leave him in Barnes' role, it still makes them way better. Imagine would Durant would do if you tried to ignore him like the Cavs did to Barnes in the Finals. You'd now have 3 players that you need to pay intense attention to at all times.
>>
Thunder weren't even "his" team, it was always "Westbrook & Durant".
>>
casuals will say its durants team

warriors fans will say its currys team

the right answer is a joint leadership by AI/green
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.