[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it okay to use we?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
When is it okay to use we?
>>
>>69321229
When you were part of the team. I would accept a we if the person talking was in the stadium, also.
>>
When your national team is playing
>>
>>69321229
We use we and us to refer to different groups of people, but always including the speaker. We and us can refer to the speaker + the listener, or the speaker + other people but not the listener, or people in general including the speaker:
>>
>>69321229
when you are part of the team
>>
Always
>>
>>69321295

France, Germany, England, able to say "we" when there "national" team is playing

Good one Abdul.
>>
>>69321229

hometown club
>>
>>69321229
If you feel comfortable using "we" use it. Why do you care?
I always use "we" when refering to my club. I'm a member.
>>
If you were on the pitch as an active participant or as an active member of the coaching staff.

No exceptions.

One may say my or our team when referring to a team representing your home town, hereditary town or educational institution.
>>
>>69321553
correct
>>
>>69321536
This
I've been supporting my club since I was six years old, I feel I have the right to say we
>>
>>69321536
But i forgot to add that when you are a member o a portuguese club, you are allowed to participate in general assembleys throught out the year to discuss matters of the club.
As well as vote for the next president every 4 years.
So in that sense i consider myself as part of the club. After all the supporters are what makes it going. Players and managers come and go, the club remains.
I think only in Portugal and Spain this happens. In England and USA supporters are treated like consumers, so i understand why you don't like to use "we".
In the sense
>>
>>69321229
when you were born and raised in the same state as your team.
>>
>>69321295
Oui
>>
anytime you decide it would be mildly amusing to ruse autists
>>
If you're part of the starting 11
>>
>>69321553
This tbqhwyfam
>>
>>69321229
When you actually play for or own part of the team.
I actually own exactly 10shares of MY club.
>>
>>69321892
100 shares is minimum
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
>>
>>69321553
but can you imagine someone saying "My team won!" after a big game? that sounds autistic as hell.
>>
Does a steward job qualify for a >we?
>>
You have to be either the manager, owner or captain of the team.
>>
>>69321905
I'm poor and I don't have 10€ to buy 100 shares.
>>
>>69321229
we here at 4chan are so fucking autistic :^)
>>
File: watnow.png (125 KB, 308x368) Image search: [Google]
watnow.png
125 KB, 308x368
>>69321497
>there

you're making fun of other people's nationality yet you can't even use the most basic words in your own language properly, nice one ranshid
>>
File: 1231234.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1231234.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
>>69321229
When you are referring to leicester
>>
>>69322113

I guess if the temp agency have a team and they play sports for them.
>>
>team wins
>YES, WE DID IT
>team loses
>I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FUCKED IT UP
Every time.
>>
File: adsfsvbd.png (145 KB, 250x360) Image search: [Google]
adsfsvbd.png
145 KB, 250x360
>>69321229
>Why are you using we? You're not playing lmao
Things cucks say #392
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.