[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he "decided" to support his team Why do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: meme_rarepepe22.jpg (42 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
meme_rarepepe22.jpg
42 KB, 250x238
>he "decided" to support his team

Why do people do this? Not saying you absolutely have to be local, bit if your team doesn't actually represent you in some capacity, they're not your team.
>>
because they are young
>>
degenerates wasting their energy
>>
File: bait_wailord.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bait_wailord.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>69321083
If you've lived in like 6 different locales like I have then it's not really decided for you. I could be like some sports unic and just say "Oh me? I don't have a team, I like all the teams! :^)"
>>
>his family has supporters of more than one club
>>
File: 1467060765768.jpg (23 KB, 249x265) Image search: [Google]
1467060765768.jpg
23 KB, 249x265
>he wasn't born into supporting the same team for life
>>
>>69321083
>Chairman of the club I support is local

Is that enough?
>>
>>69321083
>shit /sp/ says
>btw i'm welsh
>>
>>69321083
Literally none of the sports teams represent their area in any way because none of them are 100% local guys. Support what team you want to.
>>
>>69321821
>>69322029
Oh look the Americans defend bandwagoning
>>
>>69322029
*consume
*franchise
>>
>>69322123
>Brit mad because truth
lmao
>>
>>69322029
You root for teams, we root for cities.
>>
>Implying feeling that Liverpool feel is a choice
>>
File: what's that over there.jpg (74 KB, 634x405) Image search: [Google]
what's that over there.jpg
74 KB, 634x405
does this mean americans can only support crystal palace
>>
>>69322178
but what if a city has more than 1 club?
>>
>>69322259
Cities, districts, regions, whatever. The point is, you root for something to which you have a personal connection, and therefore represents you. Deciding to follow a team because you like a certain player or they're successful is like cheating on a fun run: nobody can really stop you, but at the end of the day you're cheating yourself.
>>
>>69322186
>>
>>69321967
Is that the reason you support them?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.