[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shown above are four men buried up to their necks in the ground.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 4men.gif (5 KB, 709x383) Image search: [Google]
4men.gif
5 KB, 709x383
Shown above are four men buried up to their necks in the ground. They cannot move, so they can only look forward. Between A and B is a brick wall which cannot be seen through.
They all know that between them they are wearing four hats--two black and two white--but they do not know what color they are wearing. Each of them know where the other three men are buried.
In order to avoid being shot, one of them must call out to the executioner the color of their hat. If they get it wrong, everyone will be shot. They are not allowed to talk to each other and have 10 minutes to fathom it out.
After one minute, one of them calls out.
Question: Which one of them calls out? Why is he 100% certain of the color of his hat?
This is not a trick question. There are no outside influences nor other ways of communicating. They cannot move and are buried in a straight line; A & B can only see their respective sides of the wall, C can see B, and D can see B & C.
>>
File: 1438860365998.jpg (141 KB, 750x1072) Image search: [Google]
1438860365998.jpg
141 KB, 750x1072
>>69278925
I think this will be pruned before an answer, but I want one so bump.
>>
D makes an educated guess.
>>
>>69278925
C

only C or D could possibly answer as A and B cannot see any of the hats
D cannot tell from the two hats he can see what color hat he is wearing, meaning that the hats are of two different colors
C knows that D can see both hats, but the fact that he doesn't call out the color of his hat means that B and C must have different colored hats
since C can see that B's hat is white, he knows his hat is black
>>
>>69279144
How? Its still a 50/50 call
>>
>>69279198
But D can't see B, he can only see C.
>>
>>69279198
>D can see B & C.
it's in the OP
>>
>>69279231

D can see B & C.
>>
>>69279252
whoops, meant for >>69279231
>>
>>69279252
>>69279259
>the city of my reading skills
FUUUCK! Well that certainly changes everything because i was sitting here assuming that D can only see C.
>>
>>69279198
Neat
>>
I got another question: how is this related to sports?
>>
File: 1200045724889.jpg (41 KB, 809x541) Image search: [Google]
1200045724889.jpg
41 KB, 809x541
>>69279198
>>
This is why I won't take the LSAT
>>
>>69279298

based texas with the only worthwhile reply
>>
>>69279309
LSAT questions are different, really not that hard once you learn the trick to solving them quickly

>>69279298
the brain is a muscle
>>
C, because he realizes that if he was wearing white, d would call out, since he doesn't the only option is that c is wearing black, I think
>>
Prisoner A and B are in the same situation – they have no information to help them determine their hat colour so they can’t answer. C and D realise this.

Prisoner D can see both B and C’s hats. If B and C had the same colour hat then this would let D know that he must have the other colour.

When the time is nearly up, or maybe before, C realises that D isn’t going to answer because he can’t. C realises that his hat must be different to B’s otherwise D would have answered. C therefore concludes that he has a black hat because he can see B’s white one.I'm
>>
>>69278925
No one will call out. Those aren't men, they're some sort of bird. Birds can't speak or reason, so one will cluck/ squawk/chirp and then get their head shot off and made into a possibly delicious, possibly gamy meal.
>>
>>69279965
>>69279198
>>
Here you go senpaitachi
/Thread
https://youtube.com/watch?v=N5vJSNXPEwA
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.